PDA

View Full Version : realistically, what should expect from this team?

mingus
04-30-2010, 02:16 PM
is this team is good enough to beat LA, Magic, Cavs in a seven game series (ie "Elite")? would you gauge this season as a failure if they lost to either one of those teams at some point?

bthewigwam
04-30-2010, 02:18 PM
yes. spurs only play for championships.

PDXSpursFan
04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Premature ejaculation thread. Let's play the Suns firs.

TinTin
04-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I expected them to get past 1st round and then get bounced in 2nd round. Didn't realize manu could be alive again.

DesignatedT
04-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Wcf

MaNu4Tres
04-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Depends on Tim and our defense. We need him to be more effective offensively from here on out if we are going to go deep.

IMO 43 minutes from him is too much. He isn't as efficient or effective down the stretch in games when this is the case. Pop needs to take off Blair's training wheels for this to happen. (15-18 minutes)

As for our defense, it's the best its looked all year and just as good as our defense in 2007. Actually probably better with the awakening of McDyess and R.J. Everyone is showing urgency on that side of the court and hopefully the team keeps building on it.

mingus
04-30-2010, 02:30 PM

this isn't pre-mature ejaculation at all, dumbfuck. the question i asked, if you had a a synapse working in your brain, isn't connected in any way to an assumption that we'll get past the Suns. in fact, in another thread, i stated i think the Spurs-Suns series will be the toughest one in their hard-fought history. i think we are right on the Suns level. if we lose, i think it's a dissapointment. i don't believe the same to be true with the other three teams i mentioned.

stnick2261
04-30-2010, 02:32 PM

how is a prediction thread ever premature? it would stand to reason that if we waited until the next round was over, we wouldn't have anything to predict

Galileo
04-30-2010, 02:41 PM
they'll be in the finals, but Orlando will be a tough beat.

ManuTastic
04-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Good question. Now that everyone is healthy and playing pretty damn well, what is the ceiling for this team? I think they could get title #5 this year, sure. Mostly because I don't see any unstoppable-force teams out there. LA is clearly not unbeatable, as their end-of-season record, plus dropping two to a young (but talented) OKC team, shows. Phx and Utah don't scare me either. They're good, as are LA, but not run-for-the-hills good. And in a seven-game series if there's no clear favorite, anything can happen. In the East, Cleveland is both good and deep, so is Orlando, but neither is exactly the Showtime Lakers. I think that if the Spurs play up to their potential and get a few lucky breaks, they could beat any of these teams. But these would all be long, hard, tough series.