PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 to start or not to start

sa_butta
04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Do we start Parker for game 1 since he seems to own Nash or do we continue with Hill and what has been working lately?

I think we should start parker game 1 and see how it plays out, then make the adjustments if need be in game 2. Our goal is to at least steal 1 game in Phoenix I think game 1 would be the one to try starting Parker.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I like what Hill's doing too much to want to screw with anything. Likewise I wan to see what he can do on Nash defensively. I'm not expecting any Bowenesque but he deserves a shot to show what he's got.

If someone can light a fire under RJ and get him more aggressive I think that having that starting line up of Hill, Ginobili, and Jefferson gives the Suns no where to hide Nash on defense.

tmtcsc
04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Tough question as I believe Tony is being a good soldier and saying all the right things. However, I think he's not happy coming off the bench.

I say we stick with the same lineup as longs as it works. Hill starts.

Bartleby
04-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I think Tony was being honest when he said that the only thing that matters is who finishes the game.

5in10
04-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Eventually I think we will start hill and Parker and bring Manu off the bench.

in2deep
04-30-2010, 04:05 PM
don't fix what's not broken

DesignatedT
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
No need to change anything unless we lose multiple games in a row or something. Just finish the playoffs out with our current lineup and start tony coming into next season again. Hill is doing a great job in the starting lineup and Tony is doing an even better job off the bench.

Props to both of them.

Arrowch4
04-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Start him... we are much better with him on the floor.

NFGIII
04-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Eventually I think we will start hill and Parker and bring Manu off the bench.

Tough question. If you so then you need to put RJ on the bench, too. IMHO

That would mean a starting unit of TD, TP, Hill, Bogans (I can't believe I wrote that) and Dice.

2nd unit would be RJ, Manu, Blair, Bonner and ?? or one of the starters and playing 9 guys or maybe even 8.

So far I don't want RJ and TP playing significant minutes together. RJ really likes what Manu does for him. Ditto Blair.

don't fix what's not broken

Old sports axiom but applies to everything.

My thoughts at this time, too. I really don't see why Pop would consider changing what is obviously working well.

Isn't it a little late to be thinking about changing a successful lineup now? And it seems that TP has accepted his role now and is playing the important minutes and finishing games.

ploto
04-30-2010, 04:21 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Spurs continue to bring Parker off the bench as that leads to the Suns matching up Dragic on him.

Ryvin1
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
I think Parker can totally light up the Sun's 2nd team, and the current state things are working well I'd adjust only if needed.

EricB
04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
:lol dragic on Parker. Bring that on please.

TMTTRIO
04-30-2010, 05:02 PM
I think it's time for Tony to start and Manu to go back to coming off the bench. We really need Tony's scoring at the very beginning. Manu's struggling a lot with the broken nose and I'm not sure how effective he's going to continue to be so it might be better to send him back to the bench.

spursfan1000
04-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Just stay with what we got, if it dosen't work then it's time to make a few adjustments.

04-30-2010, 05:05 PM
i don't think the system is broken yet but i would love to see parker up against nash and burn him for 30-40 points. i like the starting lineup of hill and ginobili so i hope pop doesn't change it unless there needs to be a change.

spursfan1000
04-30-2010, 05:08 PM
It's not even like Hill wont give Nash a challenge, just not as big of a challenge as Parker. Hill has better defense so lets keep him in the starting lineup to guard Nash.

ploto
05-01-2010, 03:23 PM

Guess you have never watched Slovenia play against France.

By the way, did you ever see the pictures of Dirk with Manu and Tim after Game 6??

panic giraffe
05-01-2010, 03:39 PM
if it aint broke, don't fix it.
try it the same rotations game one, if that fails, start parker game 2.

tp2021
05-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Guess you have never watched Slovenia play against France.

Guess you've never seen Tony Parker come up clutch in the Playoffs where it really matters. I would LOVE to see Dragic try and be a Tony stopper.

superjames1992
05-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Manu starting gives him more time to rest during the game. Thus, I prefer Manu to continue starting and bringing TP off the bench.

jiggy_55
05-01-2010, 03:58 PM
If it ain't broke................

Hill has been amazing, this lineup is working perfectly. If Pop changes anything right now, he's retarded.

ffadicted
05-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Can't see the rotation changing too much unless we drop both games and Parker is the major contributor in both

sa_butta
05-04-2010, 08:02 AM
I think we should start parker game 1 and see how it plays out, then make the adjustments if need be in game 2. Our goal is to at least steal 1 game in Phoenix I think game 1 would be the one to try starting Parker.
Don't want to say told you so.

Everybody was saying if aint broke....
Then dont fix it... Exactly, Parker has always played well against Nash so why start Hill against the team that Parker plays well against??

We may not have been in that hole if Parker would have started the game.

ploto
05-07-2010, 11:36 PM

Guess you've never seen Tony Parker come up clutch in the Playoffs where it really matters. I would LOVE to see Dragic try and be a Tony stopper.

:lmao