PDA

View Full Version : OKC one box out away from game 7

Biggems
05-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Ibaka lost track of Gasol, leaving him open to go right to the glass and get the game winning put back. If Ibaka is able to box out on that play.....we are going to a game 7.

funny how the simplest things can be so vital to the outcome of a game.

The Spurs saw this first hand in their last game against the Hawks.....they couldn't box out Horford and all he did was abuse them down the stretch, including the game winner.

I was really hoping for a game 7, whether the Lakers won or not.

Andrew Bynum
05-01-2010, 03:46 AM
I got hurt again. Stunning.

gm5k
05-01-2010, 03:48 AM
amazing. after that awesome series, for them to lose it on a missed box out :bang junior high shit http://www.gearslutz.com/board/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

ace3g
05-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Collison is to blame to, he was way too far away from the basket on that play

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2010, 05:11 AM
It looked like all the OKC players had their eyes on Kobe and forgot to man up. What a heartbreaking finish.

It would have been an interesting game 7, as unlike games 5 & 6, the Lakers did not have 2 days off to rest.

Credit Artest for a good job guarding Durant all series, making him shoot a low percentage. Great pickup for the Lakers.

A nice tuneup for the Lakers. I don't see anyone that can beat them, east or west, sad to say.

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 05:13 AM
If

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 05:15 AM
It would have

tee, hee.

timvpimp
05-01-2010, 05:19 AM
tee, hee.

tee, hee.

Cane
05-01-2010, 05:20 AM
hee, tee

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2010, 05:22 AM
"This series forced us to play hard every possession, because Oklahoma demanded that," said Bryant, who finished with 32 points for his sixth consecutive 30+ closeout game. "We feel like we're a better ballclub for it."

And in at least one regard there isn't a tougher opponent remaining in the playoffs.

"We won't see another team that athletic the rest of the way," Bryant said.

Daily Dime (http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100430/daily-dime)

This will be an easy playoffs to predict. Phil Jackson has never lost a playoff series in which his team has won game one.

Andrew Bynum
05-01-2010, 05:24 AM
It looked like all the OKC players had their eyes on Kobe and forgot to man up. What a heartbreaking finish.

It would have been an interesting game 7, as unlike games 5 & 6, the Lakers did not have 2 days off to rest.

Credit Artest for a good job guarding Durant all series, making him shoot a low percentage. Great pickup for the Lakers.

A nice tuneup for the Lakers. I don't see anyone that can beat them, east or west, sad to say.

lol the Cavs will ass rape us.

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 05:26 AM
"We won't see another team that athletic the rest of the way," Bryant said.

---

"thank, Christ." heartily concurred Spurstalk Laker's Forum stalwart Giuseppe (late of Torino, Italy).

Biggems
05-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Imagine if the Thunder go out and sign Ian this summer and actually give him solid minutes in their rotation. He is young and athletic too.

boutons_deux
05-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Van Gundy called it immediately like a true coach, Ibaka not boxing out, Collison spectating the jump shot from strong-side no-man's land.

But I figure if Ibaka and Collison would have executed rebounding fundamentals and got into a scrum with Pau, refs would have called a foul and sent Pau to the line.

TheMACHINE
05-01-2010, 11:48 AM
cant really blame collison he came out to help incase Kobe burned Westbrook. Thats what happens in double teams.

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Guys, boobies, this ain't "Time Tunnel", or, "The Time Machine." You can't go back and change history. Kobe missed, we'd cheated to get Pau, Pau delivered the goods, Pop nearly had a coronary watching in the Spur's locker room, and I rolled out the barrels.

DJ Mbenga
05-01-2010, 12:43 PM
cant blame the thunder, they probably though it was going in!

SomeCallMeTim
05-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Ibaka lost track of Gasol, leaving him open to go right to the glass and get the game winning put back. If Ibaka is able to box out on that play.....we are going to a game 7.

A lot of series have turned on ORBs given up in the waning seconds. Kings/Lakers Game 4 2002 comes to mind, of course. As does Suns/Lakers Game 6 2006 (Lakers were on the wrong end of that one).

vander
05-01-2010, 09:24 PM
and a couple missed 3s away from round 2

angelbelow
05-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Well I thought the rebounding advantage would eventually put the Thunder away. I just didnt expect it to be literal.