PDA

View Full Version : Billup's conference finals streak comes to an end

D2Procon
05-01-2010, 08:39 AM
7 straight conference finals appearances. Damn.....

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 08:41 AM
He fell in with a bad bunch there in CO., and let them corrupt him. The stupid ass.

himat
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I had a feeling it would. I thought they were going to beat Utah, even when they were down 3-1, but the Lakers would have been a tough team to beat anyways.

Mavs_man_41
05-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I had a feeling it would. I thought they were going to beat Utah, even when they were down 3-1, but the Lakers would have been a tough team to beat anyways.

living vicariously through the nuggets?

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 12:35 PM

Tough yes, but, Denver would have been straightened out by then (beating Utah). We'd a been up to our asses in alligators vs the Nuggets.

We're much better off with Utah. No Lawson. No Okur. Kirilenko dinged and rusty.

DJ Mbenga
05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
this is just like mcnabb and his streak of NFC conference streak. just tells you he didnt win when he should have.

milkshakeballa
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM

You probably still think Denver is going to beat Utah....

LULZ @ lack of bball IQ.

MateoNeygro
05-01-2010, 01:32 PM
It was a good run while it lasted, I've always liked the guys game.

Cane
05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Overrated? :

52. Chauncey Billups
You might remember me making the "We need to stop calling Chauncey 'Mr. Big Shot'" case as he was disappearing from the 2007 Cleveland series (scroll down to No. 3). Since then, he struggled in the 2008 Pistons-Celts series (16.5 PPG 39 percent FG shooting), disappeared in the last two games of the 2009 Lakers-Nuggets series (12 points in Game 5, 10 points in Game 6) and was dominated by Deron Williams through four games until showing signs of life Wednesday night. In my playoff preview two weeks ago, I mentioned that Chauncey had done just enough to make the Hall of Fame Pyramid of the paperback of my book. After watching the 2010 Nuggets implode, and after watching Williams (28.2 PPG, 11.6 APG, 51 percent FG) have his way with Chauncey for two weeks ... I don't know. Tough one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100429

spursfan1000
05-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Dang, that sucks, an incredible streak though.

Mavs_man_41
05-01-2010, 03:05 PM
You say this like we're not the fucking champs already.:rolleyes

title bet that you don't win the championship?

spursfan1000
05-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Depends on how you look at it. My winning nature tells me he came up short 6 of 7 times. I see nothing incredible about that. Maybe for you though.

Going to conference finals 7 years in a row is not good? Yes I guess I would rather get eliminated in 1st round :rolleyes

himat
05-01-2010, 03:15 PM
You probably still think Denver is going to beat Utah....

LULZ @ lack of bball IQ.

Damn you're ignorant. I hate getting in arguments with people, but damn you're pissing me off.

Denver underperformed tremendously. It's like blaming someone picking the Mavs over the Warriors when Dallas lost to them (except not as extreme).

Here was the problem that I had with Utah, they lost Memo and Kirilenko. Basically they had Williams and Boozer and a bunch of role players. Denver never had any poise to stop them though, but who was going to know that before the series began?

And don't give me that BS that you knew they would implode. This is the same group of headcases who made it to the Conference Finals last year.

You'll see next series when LA faces Utah, that Utah isn't that good. Denver just got outplayed in every facet but at the start of each game they had better players on the floor. 9 times out of 10 that wins you a series.

And don't say I have a lack of bball IQ you don't have a single smart post on here. Just another dumb ass bandwagon Laker fan.

himat
05-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Overrated? :

Yes, a little bit. For most of his career everybody called him underrated so much that now he's overrated. :lol

Same thing happened with Joe Dumars. He defender MJ great, but even he said that "I was called underrated so much that I was actually overrated."

Or something along those lines.

Whatever he helped the Pistons win a championship. I'll take it. We're not spoiled like LA and can't have a NBA championship caliber team every other year, so I'm still a big Chauncey fan.

He has his shortcomings against quick PG's no doubt, but Denver as a whole had no defensive mentality. Especially when George Karl had to leave the sidelines. The whole team broke down on defense that series.

bostonguy
05-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Damn you're ignorant. I hate getting in arguments with people, but damn you're pissing me off.

Denver underperformed tremendously. It's like blaming someone picking the Mavs over the Warriors when Dallas lost to them (except not as extreme).

Here was the problem that I had with Utah, they lost Memo and Kirilenko. Basically they had Williams and Boozer and a bunch of role players. Denver never had any poise to stop them though, but who was going to know that before the series began?

And don't give me that BS that you knew they would implode. This is the same group of headcases who made it to the Conference Finals last year.

You'll see next series when LA faces Utah, that Utah isn't that good. Denver just got outplayed in every facet but at the start of each game they had better players on the floor. 9 times out of 10 that wins you a series.

And don't say I have a lack of bball IQ you don't have a single smart post on here. Just another dumb ass bandwagon Laker fan.

On the bolded part, that run to the WCF last year was more of a fluke than anything else. Look at the teams they beat. Two non-athletic teams in New Orleans and Dallas. They then met their match in the WCF.

mavsfan1000
05-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Age is catching up to him as happened to many other players. Coaches just gotta realize when history just won't repeat itself anymore.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-01-2010, 04:09 PM
The Nuggets played without their head coach, what did you expect?

How would any top team go without their head coach? Imagine the Jazz playing without Sloan :lmao

mavsfan1000
05-01-2010, 04:13 PM
The Nuggets played without their head coach, what did you expect?

How would any top team go without their head coach? Imagine the Jazz playing without Sloan :lmao
We haven't had a real head coach in 2 years so I know what you mean.

Muser
05-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Anybody who says "LULZ" and then insults someone's IQ is pretty fucking stupid.

Mavs_man_41
05-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Nigga, my title has become the talk of legendary status, you not worthy of this bet .

don't give me that bs, you're all talk and aren't really so confident in your team

Frenzy
05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
mavs_man calling out lakaluv....oh snap. Who scuuurd?

himat
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
On the bolded part, that run to the WCF last year was more of a fluke than anything else. Look at the teams they beat. Two non-athletic teams in New Orleans and Dallas. They then met their match in the WCF.

Okay, but like I said before Utah had 2 starters injured. If Denver would have won people would have said the same thing about them getting another fluke win.

I'm not saying Denver is great. They are a bunch of idiots, but I still thought their talent level would allow them to beat an injured Jazz team.

himat
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
don't give me that bs, you're all talk and aren't really so confident in your team

Don't worry about him. First of all he's an idiot. Second of all he'd get curb stomped by 90% of this board in real life. And third, and worst of all for him, is that people found some interesting tweets by him to say the least. :lol

TheManFromAcme
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I've always liked CB's game. That is an impressive streak.

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 05:15 PM
But, hi, they had very little chance once Karl couldn't show up. He not only has solid credence with the officiating, but, he was able to keep at least Billups from acting out.

LnGrrrR
05-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Nigga, my title has become the talk of legendary status, you not worthy of this bet .

Ah... that's why Lakaluva smells pussy so often. He's got one between his legs.

spursfan1000
05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I've always liked CB's game. That is an impressive streak.

Some people seem to think that it's a bad thing because he only won one title. :wakeup

milkshakeballa
05-01-2010, 11:53 PM

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/not_sure_if_srs.jpg

#1 - I'm fine with you predicting a DEN series win. I'M NOT FINE with you predicting a DEN series win after Utah has outplayed DEN like you say in every facet up the game after going up 3-1. See the lack of iq?

#2 - WHO DIDN'T THINK THEY WOULD IMPLODE EXCEPT FOR LACK OF BBALL IQ PEOPLE LIKE YOU?!?!? LULZ. ESP w/out Karl. WOW. STUNNING HIMAT. Really stunning.

milkshakeballa
05-01-2010, 11:55 PM
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/MetroidBob/super-cool-story-bro.png

Jacob1983
05-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Two of those conference finals appearances for Splinter gave him two trips to the Finals. Wasn't he the MVP of the 2004 Finals? I don't see how you can call him a choker. I wonder how many playoff games he played in that span and I wonder if it was most of any active player during the streak?

himat
05-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Thank you. :lol

himat
05-02-2010, 02:05 PM
http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/not_sure_if_srs.jpg

#1 - I'm fine with you predicting a DEN series win. I'M NOT FINE with you predicting a DEN series win after Utah has outplayed DEN like you say in every facet up the game after going up 3-1. See the lack of iq?

#2 - WHO DIDN'T THINK THEY WOULD IMPLODE EXCEPT FOR LACK OF BBALL IQ PEOPLE LIKE YOU?!?!? LULZ. ESP w/out Karl. WOW. STUNNING HIMAT. Really stunning.

There are 2 things that I look for to see if someone is an idiot. One is cussing out the other person because thats all they can say, which surprisingly you have stayed away from.

The second thing is circular reasoning which you haven't stayed away from. While I have brought out some different points after each post you say the same thing over, expecting to justify what you said previously. Pretty stupid in my opinion.

#1. To refute that I predicted Denver would win and I stayed with my prediction. Denver won game 5 at home and was tied half way through the 4th quarter on the road. A few things go there way and you would not dare argue with me again.

It was a bold prediction to say that Denver would beat the Jazz after being down 3-1, but they still had superior talent.

The only thing you say is "They're up 3-1 Utah will win." Good IQ, a 4 year old can say that buddy.

#2. Now you're calling a bunch of other people stupid. We all knew Denver would implode eventually. I don't recall anyone saying they would win a championship or anything but I think very few people believed that Denver would collapse in the first round to a team with 2 of it's best players out.

Now watch guys here comes the dumb ass with the post "you have a lack of bball iq lulz."

Like someone else said here: saying lulz after every post makes you look stupid. You're a typical dumbass LA fan. I'm a huge Kobe fan, but man some of you guys make me wish I hated his game b/c yall are so annoying. I think Ashy Larry is the only smart LA fan on this board honestly, and he rarely posts.

milkshakeballa
05-02-2010, 02:11 PM
There are 2 things that I look for to see if someone is an idiot. One is cussing out the other person because thats all they can say, which surprisingly you have stayed away from.

The second thing is circular reasoning which you haven't stayed away from. While I have brought out some different points after each post you say the same thing over, expecting to justify what you said previously. Pretty stupid in my opinion.

#1. To refute that I predicted Denver would win and I stayed with my prediction. Denver won game 5 at home and was tied half way through the 4th quarter on the road. A few things go there way and you would not dare argue with me again.

It was a bold prediction to say that Denver would beat the Jazz after being down 3-1, but they still had superior talent.

The only thing you say is "They're up 3-1 Utah will win." Good IQ, a 4 year old can say that buddy.

#2. Now you're calling a bunch of other people stupid. We all knew Denver would implode eventually. I don't recall anyone saying they would win a championship or anything but I think very few people believed that Denver would collapse in the first round to a team with 2 of it's best players out.

Now watch guys here comes the dumb ass with the post "you have a lack of bball iq lulz."

Like someone else said here: saying lulz after every post makes you look stupid. You're a typical dumbass LA fan. I'm a huge Kobe fan, but man some of you guys make me wish I hated his game b/c yall are so annoying. I think Ashy Larry is the only smart LA fan on this board honestly, and he rarely posts.

you have a lack of bball iq lulz

so sad

himat
05-02-2010, 02:13 PM
you have a lack of bball iq lulz

so sad

:lmao Perfect. Exactly what I needed to hear. I bet you didn't even read my post because you can't comprehend it but somewhere in there I said that all you would say is: "lulz lack of bball iq."

Good job in shooting yourself in the foot moron.

TheChillFactor
05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
most meaningless streak ever...

jacobdrj
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Two of those conference finals appearances for Splinter gave him two trips to the Finals. Wasn't he the MVP of the 2004 Finals? I don't see how you can call him a choker. I wonder how many playoff games he played in that span and I wonder if it was most of any active player during the streak?
Well, CB3 is an interesting story... Early in his career, when he was in close game situations, CB was as clutch of a player as there ever was.

But things changed after the championship. He started to get it together in 2006, but he 'checked out' when he lost the MVP award to Nash... He became a strictly 3 point shooter, and took shots he wasn't supposed to when team mates were opened...

As far as that Finals MVP goes, CB was just smoking Fisher like he was supposed to... Ben Wallace was the MVP of that series and the playoffs: He was single-covering Shaq for heaven's sake! :bang

Jacob1983
05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
At the end of the day, I think Splinter is okay with the streak ending. He got a ring during the streak so that probably is good enough for him.