PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter vs. Ante Tomic live right now.

MaNu4Tres
05-01-2010, 11:35 AM
In the 2nd quarter...Splitter outplaying him so far.

http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/287

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Is it halftime right now?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Damn this game is a foul fest

Russ
05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Good ball game -- going to the wire.

Rumsfeld
05-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Definitely have to get Chip to help Tiago with his free throw form

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Tiago's team is having a meltdown, they were up by double digits a few minutes ago.

Russ
Tiago is the 2nd leading scorer on Caja Laboral behind M. Huertas.

Caja! Caja! Caja!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
There is a foul on every damn play. Wow.

jimo2305
so what team does he play for?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Caja Laboral

jimo2305
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
o shit.. is that marko jaric!?!?

Rumsfeld
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Euro ball is so non fluid, too many damn fouls and mediocre half court play. I cant wait to see Tiago with some actual play makers...Manu might make him great.

Russ
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Tiago has a chance to be the hero. He's going to stay in for the end.

2 point game with 2:00 to go.

jimo2305
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
i think i saw hermann too lol

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Is this a really important game or something?

Russ
Fouled going hard to the rim.

jimo2305
ok so splitter can hit his free throws... *sigh of relief

jimo2305
lmao my coworkers hear the commentary and think im watching soccer

Russ
05-01-2010, 12:47 PM

Duh. Tiago's playing -- it could be curling and we'd watch.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Big play right there.

Russ
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Who is Pablo Prigioni? He has scored a lot.

EmptyMan
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Splitter running the break!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Big block by Splitter!

Russ
05-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Watching Euro hoops gets me ready for the Suns series!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Another one!

jimo2305
lol did splitter like get 3 blocks in 30 seconds jus now O.o wtf? lulz

TheProfessor
Splitter with some great blocks in the closing moments.

jimo2305
05-01-2010, 12:53 PM
his jersey #s 21..

looks like tim would have to gtfo :lol

Russ
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
his jersey #s 21..

looks like tim would have to gtfo :lol

They could have a coin flip for it. (with Pop providing the two-headed coin.)

Ignignokt
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
dude... Tiago splitter resembles Shawn William Scott.

Russ
05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Is Splitter Rasho or Nenad or . . . Pao?

jimo2305
05-01-2010, 12:57 PM

lol thats who i was thinking.. i couldnt put my finger on who it was..

Mel_13
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM

Looks like this was the last game in a 32 game regular season and the two teams were tied for second place. I believe the win gives Splitter's team the second seed in an eight team playoff. FWIW, Nando's team finished 4th.

Mr. Body
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Splitter with some great blocks in the closing moments.

I wish he kept those in play instead of volleyball spiking them, but they're still blocks.

Russ
05-01-2010, 01:01 PM

I kept looking up this Shawn William Scott guy on NBA.com/Players. To see who Splitter plays like.

He's some actor . . .:lol (And I don't think it's spelled that way.)

fubarcrew01
05-01-2010, 01:01 PM
First time I've seen him play live, just caught the 4th.. Liked what I saw, this kid could learn so much from Pop and Timmy. The guards will love running the pick n roll with this guy too..

mountainballer
05-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Looks like this was the last game in a 32 game regular season and the two teams were tied for second place. I believe the win gives Splitter's team the second seed in an eight team playoff. FWIW, Nando's team finished 4th.

they play a 34 games regular season, so it was the 3rd last game. but it was pretty important for who get the 2nd seed and much more, it was in Madrid and Caja will likely meet Real in the PO semifinals, so there is a psychological issue in this game.

mountainballer
05-01-2010, 01:10 PM
this really wasn't one of the best games from Tiago, pretty average overall, but in the last minutes he showed his value and won the game for Caja with his FTs and blocks.

yavozerb
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
My assesment of tiago splitter:

Offense- above average with back to the basket and does not seem to have much of face up game. He has very quick feet and seems to always be in control. Does not mind the body contact and is shooting his free throws pretty good this season (65-70%).

Defense- excellent at staying in between his man and the basket thanks to his quick feet. From the games I have seen he does not seem to go for most pump fakes and simply bodies up his opponent with hands up making them shoot over his 7ft frame. Average shot blocker at best.

Passing- above average passer and has very good hands to recieve passes down low in tight spaces. Does very well in pick and roll plays since he is very quick for his size. Solid at setting screens all over the court.

Overall- I believe his game well translate very well to the NBA. I am very excited see him in the pick and roll with manu and think those 2 will drive some teams crazy if they get the opportunity. I believe his defense will be his main contribution in his first season and most of his offense coming from broken plays and put backs. Not sure how he and TD will work on the offensive end since both like to play down low and back their oppenents back to the basket. The best player I have heard him compared to is Verajao with both having the quickness at the 5 with limited offense to work with (although tiago is much better down low with the ball than verajao and not as good outside).

toki9
05-01-2010, 02:00 PM

Stifler?
http://piras.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/stifler-tll-andy-roddick.jpg
http://www.basketsession.com/files/2008/05/tiago-splitter-reste-en-eur.jpg

Mr. Body
05-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Offense- above average with back to the basket and does not seem to have much of face up game. He has very quick feet and seems to always be in control. Does not mind the body contact and is shooting his free throws pretty good this season (65-70%).

Defense- excellent at staying in between his man and the basket thanks to his quick feet. From the games I have seen he does not seem to go for most pump fakes and simply bodies up his opponent with hands up making them shoot over his 7ft frame. Average shot blocker at best.

Passing- above average passer and has very good hands to recieve passes down low in tight spaces. Does very well in pick and roll plays since he is very quick for his size. Solid at setting screens all over the court.

Overall- I believe his game well translate very well to the NBA. I am very excited see him in the pick and roll with manu and think those 2 will drive some teams crazy if they get the opportunity. I believe his defense will be his main contribution in his first season and most of his offense coming from broken plays and put backs. Not sure how he and TD will work on the offensive end since both like to play down low and back their oppenents back to the basket. The best player I have heard him compared to is Verajao with both having the quickness at the 5 with limited offense to work with (although tiago is much better down low with the ball than verajao and not as good outside).

Good assessment, although he seems a steadier and less emotional player than Verajao, a good thing. He'll be an interesting different look on pick-n-rolls and a different look, really, from Blair in general. Blair looks to finish everything on his rolls while Splitter is just as likely to be looking for a secondary pass. I'm intrigued at seeing both those guys on the court at the same time, actually.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Sean William Scott

cnyc3
05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Tiago Stifler?

BadOne
05-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I kept looking up this Shawn William Scott guy on NBA.com/Players. To see who Splitter plays like.

He's some actor . . .:lol (And I don't think it's spelled that way.)

Finally, someone else agrees!!! :lol Check the avatar!!!

-BadOne

Juanobili
05-02-2010, 02:33 AM
I think he kinda looks like Ashton Kutcher lol

poop
05-02-2010, 02:35 AM
im so tired of this 'SPLITTER' nonsense.

Josepatches_
05-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Ante Tomic has more offensive talent than Tiago but he was playing in secondary european leagues and he has to learn a lot about basketball yet.And of course he has to work in the gym to win weight.Utah was talking with him but he will stay at least one more year here.

Well,if you saw the game you saw Sergi Llull too.He's better than Calderon was here and now he added a pretty good outside jumper.I hope he stays here but Houston want him in 2011.

yavozerb
05-02-2010, 08:01 AM

sooo, you just couldn't ignore this thread and had to come tell us this..:rolleyes

buttsR4rebounding
05-02-2010, 12:05 PM

No doubt you will want to tell 2/3 of us that think that 1. Splitter will actually become a Spur and 2. think that he will contribute in his first season that we were wrong since you have laid out such an insightful response.:splitter

8FOR!3
05-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm up for the Thiago Stifler moniker.

NFGIII
05-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I wish he kept those in play instead of volleyball spiking them, but they're still blocks.

That has been one of my pet peeves about shot blocking in today's NBA. A block is a block but if you control it rather than send it into the 3rd row then you have an extra possession you wouldn't have had otherwise. I'll always remember Bill Russell's admonishment towards current NBA players about that. He thought it foolish to be a "man" by volleyballing it into the cheap seats when you could be a better player and teammate by gaining possession of the rock. I remember him blocking shots by tipping the ball softly, gaining possession and starting the famous Boston fast break when I was a kid back in the '60s. Makes sense to me.

:tu Nice assessment. Thanks for your input!

Offensively: So what's your opinion about his ability to play high/low like TD and Drob/Rasho did?

And from your assessment it seems that he could use Chip's help in hitting the 10-15 ft J. That would help spread the paint for TD IMHO. AMybe this is contingent with the above issue? If he can't then maybe no H/L until he can?

Defensively: Do you think the Spurs can get back to the twin towers concept on D which we had with Drob/ Rasho/Nazr? I've missed that kind of D since our last ring in '07. This also would give TD less contact at the 4 rather than when he plays predominately at the 5.

Passsing: Agreed. I remember watching him play in Vegas during the FIBA tournament back in '08 and saw some slick passes from him. Was impressed with his ability to hit the player on the move with precision. And with that ability you are correct in saying the P/R will be a bread and butter play for him and Manu. That play is going to drive opposing coaches crazy since from what I've been able to see from Tiago he isn't careless with the ball and has a high BBIQ.