PDA

View Full Version : Low Down Dirty Dog Blues

Fat Bones
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I've got this chow mix dog, she's about 5 years old, and she's a sweetheart around the house, and is a great guard dog. What you'd expect from a chow, but she's gotten nippy around some kids recently. She didn't sink her teeth, just scraped the skin, but that's unacceptable. I've never known her to ever bite anyone, but she will charge and bark a challenge at the fence line, and she guards the front yard the same way. If she gets out of the backyard, she doesn't wander away, she just sits there waiting to do the hula dance when one of us drives up. My sister rescued her from abandonment and nursed her back to health when she found it had been gored by a hog. I've called the Humane Society and Animal Defense League but, as usual, they're maxed out. I've never had luck with them in the past.

I wish there was a dog ranch she could go to or something, if I can't place her in another home. She has to go, but I would rather not put her down.

tlongII
05-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Shoot it.

Fat Bones
05-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but no. Thanks.

Bender
05-01-2010, 11:33 PM
I've called the Humane Society and Animal Defense League but, as usual, they're maxed out. I've never had luck with them in the past.

yeah, their answer is always "sorry can't help you, we're full".
Ok, thanks for nothing as usual.

I was always told that Chows did not make good pets due to their volatility - nippiness, and sometimes aggressive behavior.

If you're in S.A. there's a no-kill shelter just north of S.A. - on Borgfeld Rd I think. I took a dog there once, when Humane Society and the ADL told me to get lost.

4>0rings
05-02-2010, 12:47 AM
It's a Chow mix... let me repeat, it's a Chow mix. There's your answer.

Fat Bones
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM
If you're in S.A. there's a no-kill shelter just north of S.A. - on Borgfeld Rd I think. I took a dog there once, when Humane Society and the ADL told me to get lost.

Yeah, I live close to the airport. I'd be interested in contacting them if you've got a number or something.

thispego
05-02-2010, 11:01 AM
It's a Chow mix... let me repeat, it's a Chow mix. There's your answer.

I have a chow/golden retriever mix and this past Easter there were little kids literally hitting him with confetti eggs, kids are weak so they had to hit him a couple times before the confetti egg busted. Let me repeat... You don't know shit :lol

romad_20
05-02-2010, 11:28 AM
How often have you taken her out? How often is she around people outside your household and kids in general? How often is she exercised? If you've done all those things and she's still nippy, you might need to get additional help from a dog trainer, but if you haven't, I would start walking the hell out of her and getting out to experience more so she won't be so territorial and be more socialized. I can assure you the dog just doesn't hate kids for no reason.

Fat Bones
05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Bender, I found and called the site at Borgfeld, thanks for the suggestion.

romad, The animal is not mine, I'm just dealing with the issue, however, the dog has been socialized, walked, introduced to guests at home and what not. She's really not dangerous, but she is selective about whom she will accept(all family members and most friends), just tolerate (some fiends, most neighbors) or be completely ill at ease with (mostly men, some children). She has the mentality of a dachshund, a territorial yipper. Because a few children make her skittish, she can not stay here.

Bender
05-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I did not know about the place on Borgfeld until someone told me about it a while back.

I didn't know if they would take your dog or not, but just wanted you to know the place was there.

4>0rings
05-02-2010, 09:55 PM
I have a chow/golden retriever mix and this past Easter there were little kids literally hitting him with confetti eggs, kids are weak so they had to hit him a couple times before the confetti egg busted. Let me repeat... You don't know shit :lolUntil it bites one and you're sued back to that box under the bridge you came from.

thispego
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
hey, sorry you don't know shit about dogs. being a big pussy in life must suck. hope you don't have children cause pussy parents make pussy kids! :toast

mookie2001
05-02-2010, 10:36 PM
How do you stop your dog from getting stoned, paxing the fuck out and compulsively gnawing on their feet for hours at a time?

4>0rings
05-02-2010, 10:56 PM
hey, sorry you don't know shit about dogs. being a big pussy in life must suck. hope you don't have children cause pussy parents make pussy kids! :toast
Yea manly ones have dangerous dogs around them... good looking out you dumb fuck. :lmao Chows are wonderful dogs around children... well you have a worthless mut. One day you can afford a full blooded Chow. :lol

marini martini
05-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Dogs, any dogs with black tongues will snap at little children!!! And might bite the shit out of them!!!!:wow

4>0rings
05-02-2010, 11:17 PM
http://top-10-list.org/2010/02/17/most-dangerous-dogs/

It's true.

thispego
05-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Yea manly ones have dangerous dogs around them... good looking out you dumb fuck. :lmao Chows are wonderful dogs around children... well you have a worthless mut. One day you can afford a full blooded Chow. :lol

Rofl, yeah so I can have papers and breed them on my own puppy farm? Please :rolleyes full breeds are waaaaayy overrated. People who spend $500 on a dog are looking for a status symbol. Pathetic. As are you, and your "I fear dogs attitude". Pussy

romad_20
05-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Bender, I found and called the site at Borgfeld, thanks for the suggestion.

romad, The animal is not mine, I'm just dealing with the issue, however, the dog has been socialized, walked, introduced to guests at home and what not. She's really not dangerous, but she is selective about whom she will accept(all family members and most friends), just tolerate (some fiends, most neighbors) or be completely ill at ease with (mostly men, some children). She has the mentality of a dachshund, a territorial yipper. Because a few children make her skittish, she can not stay here.

understood. I don't know, then. I think your only option is to get an actual trainer or take her to that shelter. Although, I will let you know that no-kill shelter do put dogs down for health and behavioral issues that involve biting and nipping. They won't kill for population control, though. I'm sure they'll give her an entire temperament test though. Good luck.

4>0rings
05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Rofl, yeah so I can have papers and breed them on my own puppy farm? Please :rolleyes full breeds are waaaaayy overrated. People who spend $500 on a dog are looking for a status symbol. Pathetic. As are you, and your "I fear dogs attitude". PussyPuppy farm, status symbol, full breeds overrated?? :lmao:lmao :tu :lmao

thispego
05-03-2010, 12:42 PM
you can read! :tu A pussy, but not totally retarded :tu

4>0rings
05-03-2010, 12:46 PM
you can read! :tu A pussy, but not totally retarded :tu
This bum needs a dog to be a man. :lmao:lmao Keep'em coming. :lmao

thispego
05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
damn you're ready to go on a monday, huh? nothing to do?

you dont need a dog to be a man, you just need to not be afraid of them :lmao