PDA

View Full Version : Should Bynum have surgery?

tlongII
05-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Just a horrible, horrible development for the Lakers. Since Roy came back 8 days after surgery for an injury similar to this, shouldn't Bynum go ahead and get his knee scoped now? Very unfortunate deal for the Lakers. Without Bynum at 100% they have no chance of getting out of the West. Just a tremendously sad situation.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah his cooch is going to stink up the whole locker room when it's torn.

DJ Mbenga
05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
its a little different with a sg and a center. more weight to carry around. not as quick to recover

j.dizzle
05-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Just a horrible, horrible development for the Lakers. Since Roy came back 8 days after surgery for an injury similar to this, shouldn't Bynum go ahead and get his knee scoped now? Very unfortunate deal for the Lakers. Without Bynum at 100% they have no chance of getting out of the West. Just a tremendously sad situation.
:lol Why u gotta make a whole new thread when theres one already? LOL at praying the lakers fail. He's had a small tear in his minuscus for a while..He just reaggravated it.

Gary Neville
05-01-2010, 10:03 PM

they may possibly get out of the west w/o Bynum, something they managed to do 08 but it's true that they can't beat the eastern champions in NBA finals without him. Spurs are hot as ever and the Jazz are also enjoying their best days of the season, but still neither will beat the Lakers in a 7-maximum-game series IMHO. I'd say they're 90% likely to make the Finals for the 3rd straight year even w/o Bynum.

NRHector
05-01-2010, 10:10 PM
The kid needs to retire his knees are already messed up, he'll be in wheelchair by 25

tlongII
05-01-2010, 10:12 PM
they may possibly get out of the west w/o Bynum, something they managed to do 08 but it's true that they can't beat the eastern champions in NBA finals without him. Spurs are hot as ever and the Jazz are also enjoying their best days of the season, but still neither will beat the Lakers in a 7-maximum-game series IMHO. I'd say they're 90% likely to make the Finals for the 3rd straight year even w/o Bynum.

No way. They can beat the Jazz, but there is no way they'll beat the Suns or Spurs without Bynum at 100%. They've just been dealt a very unfortunate break. Terrible timing for this injury. Horrible.

Andrew Bynum
05-01-2010, 10:15 PM
:lmao

tlongII
05-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I mean really. Could the timing of this be any worse? Unbeavable. :(

Ghazi
05-01-2010, 10:22 PM
lmao Hornets78 viewing

LMAO Dirk is not much better than West :lmao

tlongII
05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Actually I think surgery is inevitable for Bynum. He might as well get it done now. Hopefully he can be healthy next season. Pretty depressing for Laker fans. :depressed

m33p0
tlong oozing with empathy. :clap:

4>0rings
Can they attach testicles to a vagina?

Danny.Zhu
05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I think he should have surgery, if he recover in time to play against Spurs.

Lakers can beat Jazz without him, cakewalk. But Lakers cannot get past Spurs without him.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I hope this guy busts his knee before the WCF. Would be awesome. :toast

Giuseppe
05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Like the Celtics busted your ass, Chris?

tee, hee.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Like the Celtics busted your ass, Chris?

tee, hee.
Yeah, like that but worst Culby:toast

tlongII
05-01-2010, 11:22 PM
This is probably the Lakers' worst nightmare. No chance Phil comes back now. They needed a title to keep things rolling in LA and a loss in the WCF won't cut it for them. Pretty sad.

cobbler
05-02-2010, 12:32 AM
I hope this guy busts his knee before the WCF. Would be awesome. :toast

Spoken like the true classy guy you are. :toast

cobbler
05-02-2010, 12:35 AM
This is probably the Lakers' worst nightmare. No chance Phil comes back now. They needed a title to keep things rolling in LA and a loss in the WCF won't cut it for them. Pretty sad.

Shouldn't you be attending a first round participation parade or something?

He has already gone on reacord saying its a minor dicomfort and will play through it as he has for almost a year now.

tlongII
05-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Shouldn't you be attending a first round participation parade or something?

He has already gone on reacord saying its a minor dicomfort and will play through it as he has for almost a year now.

Ah, but it is worse now. He injured it further against OKC in game 6. The tear has increased in size. Terribly unfortunate.

tlongII
05-02-2010, 12:43 AM
The Lakers said they became aware of the tear last June when Bynum came in for his end-of-season exit interview, but Bynum was able to play with the injury without it bothering him during the 2009-10 season. When Bynum hyperextended his right knee in the play against Krstic, the tear went from "very small" to "small."

Most unfortunate...

tlongII
05-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Since the information is coming from the Lakers you can assured that the tear is not just "small". It's certainly a sizable tear. Bummer.

cobbler
05-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Most unfortunate...

OMG... selling tix

... is it 2012 yet?

Baseline
05-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Why am I not crying for LA? Because they paid Bynum 80M+ when they knew he was a gimp.

The Spurs played without a healthy Manu in 2008 and 2009, and now he's playing with a broken nose. So again, you won't see me crying for LA or for their 80M+ porcelain doll. I have Lladro pieces that are more durable than Bynum.

What do you think Jerry Sloan's instructions are going to be when Bynum is in there with Boozer and Fasenko? They're going to beat on that kid until the cows come home.

Kamala
05-02-2010, 03:44 AM
He should definitely have the surgery. Depending on the extent of the tear it can tear even more causing more serious damage.

ezau
05-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Fesenko is going to tear that glass-kneed kid up. It's unfortunate that it's happening to the Lakers, but as I've said before, they're so due for an injury. Every contender in the past two seasons have been dealing with injuries, it's time that the Lakers experience this. Still, I would want a healthy Lakers team when the Spurs face them in the WCF.

Spursmania
05-02-2010, 07:55 AM
:corn:

Giuseppe
05-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Fesenko is going to tear that glass-kneed kid up.

Promises, promises.

TheManFromAcme
05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Bynum will have surgery in the off-season. He's going to play. End of story.
Worst case scenario he misses a couple of games against the Jazz.

He'll be lethargic and slower at times but we just need his presence in the inside for a couple of boards, that's it.

It will be okay.