PDA

View Full Version : Gabourey Sidibe on People Most Beautiful list

MaNuMaNiAc
05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-30998-Urban-Pop-Culture-Examiner~y2010m4d29-Precious-star-Gabourey-Sidibe-lands-spot-on-People-Magazines-2010-Most-Beautiful-People-list (http://www.examiner.com/x-30998-Urban-Pop-Culture-Examiner%7Ey2010m4d29-Precious-star-Gabourey-Sidibe-lands-spot-on-People-Magazines-2010-Most-Beautiful-People-list)

People Magazine (http://www.people.com/) has released their picks for their annual Most Beautiful People’s list with the return of the same old beauties paired with a dash of something new with Gabourey Sidibe (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2829737/) being named as one of the 100.

Usually when these list roll around, people are either pleased with the list or just confused. As the selection process not only relies on just aesthetics, the title can be a little misleading.

One inclusion will definitely bring a smile to many a faces. Precious breakout star Gabourey Sidibe has been named as one of the 100 Most Beautiful People.

Gabby has received some negativity after achieving the success of a great film plus a nomination for an Academy Award.

Shock jock Howard Stern (http://howardstern.com/) recently went on a nasty tirade about Gabourey Sidibe’s size and how she will be unable to land any other movie roles after starring in Precious. Helping out with the unsolicitated nonsense was weight loss company, AscaiSupply.com, who reportedly (http://www.popeater.com/2010/03/15/gabourey-sidibe-weight/) wrote the actress a letter urging her to lose weight.

Some fans have even entered into the debate stating that Gabourey’s weight is cause for concern and that it is unhealthy.

We guess Gabby will get the last ha, ha, proving that even though others may take issue with her size she is the final judge on what beauty is and realistically her view is the one that counts the most.

Are the standards of beauty changing?

Other beauties to appear on the list are Zoe Zaldana, Kim Kardashian, Kerry Washington, Halle Berry, Rihanna, and Beyonce to name a few.

:lol

yeah... she's mesmerizing!

Give me a break. No, its not the standards of beauty that are changing, its societies' need to be so fucking politically correct all the time. What a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's a lovely person. Personally, I don't think she's that talented, but I'm sure she deserves to be where she's at. Having said that, there is no place in the world where that is beautiful.

As the selection process not only relies on just aesthetics, the title can be a little misleading.

Suuuuuure, People's most beautiful list is all about inner beauty...

CubanSucks
05-02-2010, 03:24 PM
OP's spot on. A big :rolleyes goes out to this list

Dr. Gonzo
05-02-2010, 03:44 PM
We guess Gabby will get the last ha, ha, proving that even though others may take issue with her size she is the final judge on what beauty

I'm sure she will still be happy with her size when they are amputating her feet because of her inevitable Diabetes. People need to quit making it seem like it's okay for someone to be morbidly obese.

Technique
05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
are they doing the whole beauty is on the inside thing?

panic giraffe
05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
that's PC gone wild, or more like on acid.

i'm sure she probably is a really sweet girl, but why champion living a unhealthy lifestyle.

ashbeeigh
05-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Have y'all seen her parents? They're not skinny either. I hope you are all aware of the genetics associated with weight gain and weight loss. Of course lots of people should lose weight because of health reasons (diabities which was already mentioned for example).

But, if she's happy..which she has stated before than all the power to her. And I think that's what part of what makes her "beautiful." Is it politically correct to add a big girl to their list? Probably....but I still admire her for being talented and being able to be comfortable in her skin no matter what size she is. I wish I could be.

ome 5-10 years from now when she breaks down and gets the gastric bypass surgery than again...I'll be happy for her too, because she'll be happy.

BlackSwordsMan
05-02-2010, 05:51 PM
being named as one of the 100 meaning shes not #100 and it means she beat someone in looks
bullshit

mookie2001
05-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Well I'm not sure how official any of these rankings really are

MookieCrew
05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Just like how we scoff Eminem and everything else mainstream, if everybody is pissed that some morbidly obese ugly chick is on the Most Beautiful list, the mookie crew and former ISSJHSS is gonna scoff the mainstream and say :hitit:

The neocons want you to hate on Precious I saaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddd.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Have y'all seen her parents? They're not skinny either. I hope you are all aware of the genetics associated with weight gain and weight loss. Of course lots of people should lose weight because of health reasons (diabities which was already mentioned for example).

But, if she's happy..which she has stated before than all the power to her. And I think that's what part of what makes her "beautiful." Is it politically correct to add a big girl to their list? Probably....but I still admire her for being talented and being able to be comfortable in her skin no matter what size she is. I wish I could be.

ome 5-10 years from now when she breaks down and gets the gastric bypass surgery than again...I'll be happy for her too, because she'll be happy.

For my part, I'm wasn't knocking her at all. She seems like a very level headed person, with a very healthy way of looking at life. That being said she's anything but beautiful, at all. In fact, she is very unnattractive.

The whole inner beauty thing is well and good, but People's most beautiful list being about that is bullshit. Its never been about that. This was a gimmick that isn't fooling anyone.

mrsmaalox
05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I never agree with those lists anyway, no matter who is on them.

05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Who?

Seriously.

baseline bum
05-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Who?

Seriously.

The hot one in the pic below:

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Precious+Luncheon+2009+Cannes+Film+Festival+AUgLyd TNrPxl.jpg

DJ Mbenga
05-02-2010, 07:09 PM
if this is the case then they have to relase their magazine with the following message:

******* we do not only focus on beauty, some other shit we make up

DMX7
05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/6168/asdfgggggg.jpg

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-02-2010, 08:38 PM
The hot one in the pic below:

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Precious+Luncheon+2009+Cannes+Film+Festival+AUgLyd TNrPxl.jpg
:lol

ploto
05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
You can be that size and be "beautiful" but you can not be that size and be healthy.

And, yeah, I had no clue who she was by the name.

Stringer_Bell
05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's a lovely person. Personally, I don't think she's that talented, but I'm sure she deserves to be where she's at. Having said that, there is no place in the world where that is beautiful.

I'm pretty sure in parts of the world, some women are encouraged to eats lots of food to become big like cows (cows being a symbol of life and sustaining power).

ploto
05-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Have y'all seen her parents? They're not skinny either. I hope you are all aware of the genetics associated with weight gain and weight loss.

Just because 2 people are related does not make their common issue genetic. They often live the same lifestyle, too.

Buddy Holly
05-02-2010, 09:54 PM
They shouldn't be celebrating such a unhealthy lifestyle. It's NOT ok to be that large. Sorry. It has nothing to do with superficial reasons either.

DMX7
05-02-2010, 10:08 PM
They shouldn't be celebrating such a unhealthy lifestyle. It's NOT ok to be that large. Sorry. It has nothing to do with superficial reasons either.

Come on, it has something to do with that.

David Bowie
05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Politically Correct Bullshit is going to kill this country one day.

Sisk
05-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I opened this thread expecting someone attractive

:depressed

BlackSwordsMan
05-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Politically Correct Bullshit is going to kill this country one day.

arizona is the only state that says fuck PC

CubanSucks
05-02-2010, 11:42 PM
if this is the case then they have to relase their magazine with the following message:

******* we do not only focus on beauty, some other shit we make up

So, I'm not the only one obsessed with the girl in your sig from that commercial huh DJ? I hate falling in love with chicks from commercials

DJ Mbenga
05-03-2010, 12:04 AM
So, I'm not the only one obsessed with the girl in your sig from that commercial huh DJ? I hate falling in love with chicks from commercials

especially since i cant track down her name. the actress. the commercial only states charline

Jacob1983
05-03-2010, 01:06 AM
People Magazine probably just put her on the list to make her feel better after her epic fail hosting gig on SNL.

CubanSucks
05-03-2010, 01:35 AM
especially since i cant track down her name. the actress. the commercial only states charline

She should be on this list. She WILL be my wife

Sisk
05-03-2010, 01:44 AM
what commercial is she from?

she's gorgeous

Scola
05-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Heard about this yesterday....

...I don't know who they're trying to kid? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure shes a great person, has great personality, blah, blah... but a most beautiful person... :lmao

Its almost mean in a way. Either they're doing it for the attention or they're playing a joke on her. Its like when they crown the ugly/fat person prom queen/king.

http://madisonplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gabourey-sidibe-ampas-governors-awards-04.jpg

:(

CubanSucks
05-03-2010, 02:11 AM
what commercial is she from?

she's gorgeous

:lmao This thread needs to merge into the "hot chick from that commercial" thread. I'm pretty sure it's a phone commercial of some sort but I really can't remember

CubanSucks
05-03-2010, 02:15 AM
http://madisonplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gabourey-sidibe-ampas-governors-awards-04.jpg

Is that photoshopped?

Scola
05-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Is that photoshopped?

No, real photo.

Source : http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2361412/gabourey-sidibe-ampas-governors-awards-04/

LnGrrrR
05-03-2010, 03:13 AM
:lmao This thread needs to merge into the "hot chick from that commercial" thread. I'm pretty sure it's a phone commercial of some sort but I really can't remember

I like that chick from the Bing commercial...

CuckingFunt
05-03-2010, 04:02 AM

EDIT: For some reason this posted only what I quoted and not my actual response. I ain't retyping it.

Oh, and the French chick is from a Windows 7 commercial.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2010, 08:42 AM

Everyone in my family is overweight, or obese. I'm 5'10" and 165, and I have never weighed more than 175 pounds.

Genetics are part of it.

So is eating a freaking salad and exercising once in a while.

And when I say "once in a while", I mean 4-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes at a time.

People think being in shape "just happens", or the people who are fit or thin just "got lucky" in the genetics game.

Being healthy and physically fit means busting your butt on a weekly basis. Sure, SOME people can eat anything and stay thin, but that doesn't mean they have a healthy immune system or that they're getting the right nutrients. It WILL catch up to them.

I think that 95-98% of the population would be extremely fit, of a relatively healthy weight, or mildly overweight if they realized that going out to eat 5 times a week and slopping a huge amount of ranch on a salad is not going to help you. You need to work out. If you're overweight, you need to work out and eat right literally EVERY DAY of your life.

We come from ancestors who spent hours a day outside, toiling in the fields, and before that we were chasing animals for food.

I realize that yes, some people have genetic disorders or conditions that prohibit proper metabolism, but for most individuals, laying off the soda, not going to fast-food places, and skipping out on the 1/2 lb. hamburger on Friday night is just the start of what's needed to be healthier.

This woman is not healthy. She's not fit. She's going to age prematurely and die at a younger age because her body and heart are dealing with more than they can handle. I don't find that beautiful, and I'm not sorry about it. Your body is the only one you have. If you can't take care of it like it's something important, that says a lot about who you are to me.

baseline bum
05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Oh, and the French chick is from a Windows 7 commercial.

That's OK. I'd still hit it.

symple19
05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
She's a disgusting fat pig who will die young. Plus, these hottest lists are retarded

Mixability
05-03-2010, 02:43 PM
i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but damn, whose eyes are stong enough to hold that?

oh crap
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
GYLpxV288d0

that bitch just wants her chicken!

Chong
05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp1rkJ928pI#t=00m10s

DMX7
05-04-2010, 12:51 AM
GYLpxV288d0

that bitch just wants her chicken!

Interesting.

baseline bum
05-04-2010, 03:12 AM
i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but damn, whose eyes are stong enough to hold that?

I don't know. How much money do she be-holden'?

panic giraffe
05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/07/gabourey-sidibe-mean-to-r_n_567837.html

not only is she fat and fugly...the whole aura of "her personality makes her beautiful" is apparently bullshit.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2010, 03:12 PM
gtown you are sad

panic giraffe
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM
gtown you are sad

what is a gtown?

Pero
05-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Is that photoshopped?

LMAO this is exactly what I thought. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2010, 05:21 PM
what is a gtown?

the mookiecrew troll

z0sa
05-08-2010, 05:22 PM
That disgusting, fat slob isn't most beautiful in anything

desflood
05-08-2010, 07:37 PM
She's a disgusting fat pig who will die young.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/07/gabourey-sidibe-mean-to-r_n_567837.html

not only is she fat and fugly...the whole aura of "her personality makes her beautiful" is apparently bullshit.

That disgusting, fat slob isn't most beautiful in anything
Maybe this is why she's mean.