PDA

View Full Version : Pretty funny how Laker fans complain about not getting calls

djohn2oo8
05-02-2010, 05:05 PM
:bang:rollin

DJ Mbenga
05-02-2010, 05:06 PM
huh 4 more ft for the lakers? this isnt a +20 advantage that OKC clearly had

djohn2oo8
05-02-2010, 05:09 PM

The no calls on D-Will and Boozer down the stretch that were OBVIOUS calls

sexinthatsx
05-02-2010, 05:12 PM

There are numerous plays today where the Jazz players clearly got fouled, but there were no calls... 4 more free throw attempts for the Lakers is not indicative of how many fouls that are actually committed...

TheSpursFNRule
05-02-2010, 05:14 PM
LOL KOBE committing an offensive foul than getting two shots at the free throw line after having a molecule touch him.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2010, 05:14 PM

Don't forget Milsap. They showed replays of a huge amount of contact on every play before and after the shot with no call.

:lmao Lakers needing the refs to bail them out.

namlook
05-02-2010, 07:50 PM

The charge call on Fisher at the end of the game was an obvious bad call at a very critical time.

Bad calls go both ways in the course of a game. The problem is when the team that is inferior is getting a lot more FT than the better team.

SomeCallMeTim
05-02-2010, 08:31 PM
LOL KOBE committing an offensive foul than getting two shots at the free throw line after having a molecule touch him.

If you're talking about Miles flopping and then trying to redeem himself by pushing Kobe from the floor while Kobe banged a jumper... ummm, I'm gonna say I have to disagree with you. Refs called that one perfectly.

There were some missed calls -- as always, no game is perfect -- but overall I thought they did a good job, especially with the charge/no-charge calls. Fisher barreling into a big on the fastbreak a lot of times goes to the guard and they didn't fall for it. Kobe's (third?) offensive foul, the hook, was the right call, too.

Ref whining is unbecoming, especially after a game like that. I'd say the same thing if Utah would've held on to win.

SomeCallMeTim
05-02-2010, 08:32 PM
The charge call on Fisher at the end of the game was an obvious bad call at a very critical time.

No way, perfect call IMO... Fisher just put his shoulder into the chest of the big hard. He's such a terrible finisher, he was just wishcasting for a bailout foul call there knowing he's shooting around 30% at the rim.

SomeCallMeTim
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
There are numerous plays today where the Jazz players clearly got fouled, but there were no calls...

...And?

This is true of every game. There were also plays where Jazz players "got away" with contact. It works both ways.

If you want to make a serious argument, go through and find all the bad calls... forget who's wearing what laundry, just find all the bad calls. There will almost always be a small disparity because that's just how small sample sizes work. And yes, when a game is as close as it is today, that small disparity can be crucial. But the alternative is a lot of intrusive video replay.

I do agree that refs can get caught up in home crowd momentum, but I just didn't see it today. Good game by the officials.

SomeCallMeTim
05-02-2010, 08:39 PM

And of course 4 of those were intentional fouls committed by the Jazz in the final seconds, so FTs were basically at parity today.

Not that that proves anything, refs aren't supposed to keep FTs "even," they're supposed to make the right calls, period.

namlook
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
No way, perfect call IMO... Fisher just put his shoulder into the chest of the big hard. He's such a terrible finisher, he was just wishcasting for a bailout foul call there knowing he's shooting around 30% at the rim.

Nope. The defender was not in position AT ALL on that play. Fisher does barrel into players going to the rim and deservedly gets some charge calls but that play was absolutely not a charge.