dirk4mvp
07-02-2011, 03:06 PM
creatine is for pussies

and chode-aspirers

rofl

classic alvarez

Slomo
07-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Losing weight is easy as fuck, tbh. People like ashbee have been fat from an early age so they have no idea what sports are. Basically, fuck the gym, just go on craiglist and find a sport you like to play. There's pickup groups playing basketball/soccer/tennis/flag football everywhere. 3 times a week doing a sport and you'll lose the weight in on time.

Actually this is so wrong it's borderline idiotic.

There is no way you can offset a bad diet with exercise alone.

While playing a sport you like 3 times a week is a good solution you need to play that game/sport for a minimum of one hour (1.5 hour really) and intensely enough to keep your heart rate up - basically work up a solid sweat.

But even that will burn no way near enough calories for you to lose weight if you are not eating right.

So yes losing weight is easy: Count your calories. Cancel sugar out of your diet. Exercise regularly and with intensity.

The discipline to do the above your whole life is hard - that's why so many fail.

BlackSwordsMan
07-02-2011, 03:07 PM
CEE is the most foul thing I have ever tasted btw

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Fuck it man, you live once. 10 week cycle ain't gonna hurt no one. lol

If you're serious, let me know. If you haven't done them before I have some good tips on what to start with and how to get them (relatively cheap).

GoodOdor
07-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Actually this is so wrong it's borderline idiotic.

There is no way you can offset a bad diet with exercise alone.

While playing a sport you like 3 times a week is a good solution you need to play that game/sport for a minimum of one hour (1.5 hour really) and intensely enough to keep your heart rate up - basically work up a solid sweat.

But even that will burn no way near enough calories for you to lose weight if you are not eating right.

So yes losing weight is easy: Count your calories. Cancel sugar out of your diet. Exercise regularly and with intensity.

The discipline to do the above your whole life is hard - that's why so many fail.

I assumed it was common sense that eating 5 breakfast burritos for breakfast and 3 big macs for lunch is not a "healthy" diet......then again, people like asshbey probably eat the type of food mentioned above, then go walk on a treadmill for 30 mintues three times a week and then cry how hard it is to lose weight...

That's what great about sports - you're doing something you love. You're not forcing yourself like when you're going to the gym. As for the time you mentioned(1 hour to 1.5), it seems that you've never been into the whole doing sports scene(which makes sense, because if I recall, you're quite the fatass yourself). Who the hell does less than an hour when they go play soccer/basketball/tennis?

E20
07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
If you're serious, let me know. If you haven't done them before I have some good tips on what to start with and how to get them (relatively cheap).

Like everything it has it's pros and cons, haven't done them yet, but been around a lotta people who have and spent days just researching everything about it. I already have a cycle in mind I'd like to try it's no beginners cycle, but after reading about the gains it sounds too good. :huddle:

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Like everything it has it's pros and cons, haven't done them yet, but been around a lotta people who have and spent days just researching everything about it. I already have a cycle in mind I'd like to try it's no beginners cycle, but after reading about the gains it sounds too good. :huddle:

Good luck then. Don't start with the injectables though.

Slomo
07-02-2011, 04:41 PM
I assumed it was common sense that eating 5 breakfast burritos for breakfast and 3 big macs for lunch is not a "healthy" diet......then again, people like asshbey probably eat the type of food mentioned above, then go walk on a treadmill for 30 mintues three times a week and then cry how hard it is to lose weight...

That's what great about sports - you're doing something you love. You're not forcing yourself like when you're going to the gym. As for the time you mentioned(1 hour to 1.5), it seems that you've never been into the whole doing sports scene(which makes sense, because if I recall, you're quite the fatass yourself). Who the hell does less than an hour when they go play soccer/basketball/tennis?

Idiotic and getting personal.

So in the interest of full disclosure I'll admit to being a fat ass until 2 years ago when I lost 40 kg (slightly over 88 pounds) in 10 months.

I've been in competitive sports all of my youth and have the medals to prove it. If you want details they were in no particular order Alpine skiing, basketball and sailing (last two only at national level). At that time I would spend 2-3 hours playing sports everyday and then I would go train. I spent my winters traveling from ski resort to ski resort competing and was in the best shape of my life. And guess what? I didn't have a job or a family to take care of.

Nowadays I only do 1,5 hours of mountain biking (up and down moutains on single tracks and unpaved roads) every day. I go to the gym twice a week in summer (4 times in winter - since MTB in snow is no fun). I usually spend my summer weekends diving (I'm a rescue diver) and skiing in winter. AND I STILL HAVE TO WATCH VERY CAREFULLY WHAT AND HOW MUCH I EAT!

If you look at all the "lose weight quick" advertising promising you abs of steel with only 15 minutes 3 times a week, you will understand why I made the distinction and I'll also repeat that finding 6 hours a week for working out is not impossible for anybody, but to do it consistently your whole life is another story all together.

I started losing weight the moment I stopped lying about it and stopped believing anybody except my doctor. That's why stupid uniformed post like yours make more damage than good.

You don't need to eat 5 cheeseburgers for breakfast to gain weight. I'm curious to hear from you what you would consider normal eating that can then be offset by 3-5 hours of exercising a week. Please share your menu for a day or two so we all know what we are talking about. I was fat because I ate too much. Not fast food or junk food. I am a regular in some of the best restaurants in Europe - but I just ate too much. The good side was that when I did my medical check up before starting the diet I had zero health issues (no cholesterol, diabetes and other weight related problems). SO I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people who are convinced that they have good balanced nutrition are wrong (ill informed) - I know I was. There's a good chance your one of them, even with your "common sense".

Funnily enough I agree that being overweight is a sign of laziness. If you're fat you have nobody to blame but yourself. But I am not going to come into a thread and make fun of people who are actually doing something about it.

And finally not so much as a reply to you but to all the people who are seriously doing something about their weight. Keeping it down is harder than losing it - but it does get easier with time as you get used to your new lifestyle. So after you've reached your goal, don't change much and give your body a chance to get used to it and then it gets easier in the sense that each small transgressions doesn't immediately show itself on the scale - but you need to keep at it and in control otherwise the way up is way faster than the way down.

dirk4mvp
07-02-2011, 04:48 PM
dat post

ashbeeigh
07-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Hardly (http://www.dailymile.com/people/ashley_shute#ref=tophd)

benefactor
07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Working out and eating a most of what you want can still lead to losing weight. I did it myself. I cut in certain areas and decreased my overall food intake. I cut out all sodas with sugar and started drinking a ton of water. Between that and riding 12.5 miles a day on the bike 4 days a week(not just pedaling along...hauling ass) the weight came off relatively quick. Went from 226...all in the gut...down to 187. After that I started rebuilding with weights. I stopped with the bike and started running bleachers. I'd run 22 minutes(11 min, 60 sec rest, 11 min) of bleachers and then go do an hour and a half of weights. At my best shape I was around 207 and ready to clock my 40 to see if I could best my high school time.

Now I've worked some cardio into my weights doing more muscle endurance work. I've got my weight workout down to right at an hour(same number of stations I was doing in an hour and a half) then I hit the treadmill after that for a 5k run...which I can complete in around 26:30. I do this three times a week and have been holding pretty steady between 220 an 225. I'd like to get down closer to 210 but I don't know if I will...mostly because I'm not going to eat a bunch of stuff I don't like. As long as I'm not gaining I'm good.

Slomo
07-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Working out and eating a most of what you want can still lead to losing weight. I did it myself. I cut in certain areas and decreased my overall food intake...

Yep that's exactly how I did it too. I always knew I wouldn't last on those diet shakes and/or weird diets - I love food too much.

And getting rid of sugar is the single most effective thing you can do. Funnily enough it wasn't even hard - some of the other stuff was harder.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Yep that's exactly how I did it too. I always knew I wouldn't last on those diet shakes and/or weird diets - I love food too much.

And getting rid of sugar is the single most effective thing you can do. Funnily enough it wasn't even hard - some of the other stuff was harder.
Cutting out drinking IMO is the easiest thing to do regarding weight loss. It's a lot easier to lose weight if you aren't drinking.

IronMexican
07-02-2011, 06:00 PM
It's the hardest thing to do. I haven't drank in like 3 months and it's tough. I'll probably drink next weekend, and on my birthday, cause it's pretty much illegal to not drink on your 21st.

Muse
07-02-2011, 07:20 PM
You should try HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Stat out by warming up with a nice walk for 5 minutes, then start

Walk for 30seconds
Sprint as fast as you can for 30

Repeat these steps for 15 minutes but don't do this for more than 3 times per week. Couple this with a nice diet high in protein and low in calories and you should be seeing the pounds start to melt within a week.

If you don't feel like puking after doing this workout then you're not doing it right

IronMexican
07-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I do HIIT Tues, Thurs, Sat. Sunday is the only day I do nothing.

Muse
07-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I do HIIT Tues, Thurs, Sat. Sunday is the only day I do nothing.

After lifting, HIIT is the best way to lose weight. I lost over 60lbs doing it. Also it gets you in fucking excellent shape

thispego
07-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Lol steroids. Fuckin meat heads. Y'all are obsessed AND cheaters :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Lol steroids. Fuckin meat heads. Y'all are obsessed AND cheaters :lol
Tbh the amount of whey/creatine/other protein shake type stuff some people consume is probably just as bad for you as steroids. People don't really there is such a thing as consuming too much protein, it fucks up your bones down the road.

thispego
07-03-2011, 12:23 AM
I call anyone who takes supplements a cheater. But I understand some people need extra help because they aren't capable/willing to do it all themselves. But people who use roofs are just obsessed meat heads. E20 is smarter than that, I thought.

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 12:34 AM
:lolI won't begrudge somebody for their curiosity/interest in using supplements. After all, they're wanting to better themselves.

On the flipside, it's hard to sympathize with somebody who begs for painkillers over the internets to satisfy his opiate addiction, and to escape the reality that is a minimum wage job to support his grisly-looking child. Such a person seems lazy and has no interest in bettering themselves.

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 12:40 AM
:sleep

http://www.lakersnation.com/forums/

aww, pego's white knight to the wescue...how womantic

dirk4mvp
07-03-2011, 05:36 AM
lol cbf's terrible shtick of posting a mavs forum nobody thought was funny turned into posting a lakers forum that nobody finds funny either.

thispego
07-03-2011, 09:51 AM
:lolI won't begrudge somebody for their curiosity/interest in using supplements. After all, they're wanting to better themselves.

On the flipside, it's hard to sympathize with somebody who begs for painkillers over the internets to satisfy his opiate addiction, and to escape the reality that is a minimum wage job to support his grisly-looking child. Such a person seems lazy and has no interest in bettering themselves.

:lmao Yeah, roiding up is really bettering yourself :rolleyes

thispego
07-03-2011, 09:56 AM
crofl dispeg = muscle milk

:lol it's muscle malk, does that count as a supplement? I only drank it if I cant eat immediately after working out. Haven't had one since you busted me with it though :lol

Pero
07-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Cutting out drinking IMO is the easiest thing to do regarding weight loss. It's a lot easier to lose weight if you aren't drinking.

Really? I've almost completely stopped drinking in the past year or so and I have only gained weight since (assuming you meant alcohol). :lol
Of course I doubt it's the reason I've gained weight, more likely it's less movement, more sweets and becoming older, just thought it was funny you mentioned that.

Jekka
07-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Anybody used those Vibram Fivefingers - the shoes that aren't really like shoes?

Here's a pretty unbiased article on running barefoot - http://www.ecouterre.com/is-barefoot-running-better-for-you-and-the-environment/

This guy basically says that if you've been running in supportive shoes all your life, the muscles in your feet may not be strong enough to immediately transition to barefoot running.

greyforest
07-03-2011, 12:17 PM
wakeboarding
gymnastic rings

/thread

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Really? I've almost completely stopped drinking in the past year or so and I have only gained weight since (assuming you meant alcohol). :lol
Of course I doubt it's the reason I've gained weight, more likely it's less movement, more sweets and becoming older, just thought it was funny you mentioned that.
I guess it varies with everyone. Fall semester of school last year I knew was gonna be my last easy semester, so I drank like a fish but didn't have too much school to worry about so I was able to eat decently, but I put on 20 pounds. Last semester I didn't drink at all because I knew I wouldn't have time to with school, and I also didn't have any time/energy to watch what I ate, but I lost the 20 pounds a gained fall semester.

leemajors
07-03-2011, 12:34 PM
clubbells and/or kettle bells.

thispego
07-03-2011, 01:21 PM
wakeboarding
gymnastic rings

/thread

Yes, wake boarding is a viable option for everyone looking to lose weight and get in shape. A ski boat, a wake board and a body of water is something everyone has. :rolleyes

greyforest
07-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes, wake boarding is a viable option for everyone looking to lose weight and get in shape. A ski boat, a wake board and a body of water is something everyone has. :rolleyes

yes because you absolutely need a boat to wakeboard:rolleyes

http://www.texasskiranch.com/tsr-activities/wakeboard.html

E20
07-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I call anyone who takes supplements a cheater. But I understand some people need extra help because they aren't capable/willing to do it all themselves. But people who use roofs are just obsessed meat heads. E20 is smarter than that, I thought.

If I'm thinking of competing then there is no other alternative to steroids, I've kept natural for all my life, but it's gotten me so far and I've ran into people who have been working out half the time I have and have gained in 5-6 weeks what would have taken me a year. But if I don't plan on competing then there is no point in taking roids, because I can't really do much else with my frame/body to make it look any more aesthetically presentable.

As far as supplements go, most people don't have the time of day to cook/prepare 5-6 meals with all the right components in them, so to fit their bodybuilding goals and/or needs supplements/mult-vitamins/energy drinks help out a lot, because if you can't get the right nutrition in you're basically wasting your time at the gym.

But love the wakeboarding comment. :lol

greyforest
07-03-2011, 01:52 PM
But love the wakeboarding comment. :lol

Love noobs talking about things they know nothing about :lol

E20
07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Love noobs talking about things they know nothing about :lol

No, I'm sure wakeboarding is a good physical activity, but people don't have an access to a gym 3-5 times a week let alone a beach, a boat, and wakeboard. The only reason I found it amusing of any sort was because you wrote /thread after it.

IronMexican
07-03-2011, 01:59 PM
I love bringing out the boat and my wakeboard and getting my cardio in like that. I don't know about you guys. Easy access out here in the middle of the city and everything! Getting to a bike or running is a burden! Not something you can do anywhere.

greyforest
07-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I love bringing out the boat

a boat

TWO more contenders!!!!! Ignorance is infinite!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_skiing

E20
07-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Okay point taken, you do not need a boat. But still as not as convienent for most people who are trying to get into shape.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Why didn't you say cable skiing then instead of wake boarding?

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Man all the doctors and physical trainers who spend their entire lives studying these things are all fucking stupid. :lol@wasting time studying the human body. Just wakeboard!

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:21 PM
I love bringing out the boat and my wakeboard and getting my cardio in like that. I don't know about you guys. Easy access out here in the middle of the city and everything! Getting to a bike or running is a burden! Not something you can do anywhere.

You ignorant slut, just pay a shitload of money and find artificial means to fake wakeboard! Or just ask your parents to pay like greyforest does! Derrr!

greyforest
07-03-2011, 02:24 PM
:wakeup yeah forget it, the exercises that work best for me after probably aren't of any interest to anyone else

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:27 PM
:wakeup yeah forget it, the exercises that work best for me after probably aren't of any interest to anyone else

It's true, we don't all have rich parents to beg to give us money so we can wakeboard with our faggot friends.

greyforest
07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
It's true, we don't all have rich parents to beg to give us money so we can wakeboard with our faggot friends.

Yeap, rich parents and faggot friends are required to wakeboard. You also have to use a boat. Wakeboarding was also the only exercise I mentioned.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeap, rich parents and faggot friends are required to wakeboard. You also have to use a boat. Wakeboarding was also the only exercise I mentioned.
Good point bro. Gymnastic rings are also a really practical way to exercise. All you need a fuckin empty gym to hang the rings from.

ALVAREZ6
07-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Lmfao!!!!!

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Good point bro. Gymnastic rings are also a really practical way to exercise. All you need a fuckin empty gym to hang the rings from.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

greyforest
07-03-2011, 03:14 PM

True, trees just don't work. They aren't tall and they don't have anything that really "branches" out to hang the ropes from.

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 03:15 PM
True, trees just don't work. They aren't tall and they don't have anything that really "branches" out to hang the ropes from.

Who's gonna fucking climb a tree to hand gymnastics rings off of a branch? What are you, six?

:lol I'd pay lots of wakeboarding money to watch you break your neck after the branch snaps and you go falling to the ground with gymnastics rings in hand.

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM

Rock climbing in the Himalayas and skysurfing are also great if you're looking for a workout

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Rock climbing in the Himalayas and skysurfing are also great if you're looking for a workout

/thread

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Don't forget climbing to the top of Mt. Everest is a great workout. Do that a few times and you'll be in the best shape of your life.

/diet and exercise as we knew it before this post

redzero
07-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't know about any of you, but when I want a workout, I call Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer for a quick doubles match on my tennis court/helipad.

ALVAREZ6
07-03-2011, 03:26 PM

True, everybody has a home with a lawn that includes two strong trees the right distance between each other to hang two ropes from. Even people who live in apartments in cities and towns have these opportunities, just like they all have lakes and an unlimited spending budget.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't know about any of you, but when I want a workout, I call Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer for a quick doubles match on my tennis court/helipad.
I'll have to try that, sounds easy to set up.

I have my own private boxing ring, when I want a killer workout, I hit up Roy Jones Jr.

greyforest
07-03-2011, 03:35 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao this forum is too easy to troll

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 03:37 PM
:lmao, the ol' lefty technique

ALVAREZ6
07-03-2011, 03:39 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao true understudy

ALVAREZ6
07-03-2011, 03:40 PM
wakeboarding
gymnastic rings

/thread

:lmao

E20
07-03-2011, 03:44 PM
lol This reminds me of the Chappelle skit where he takes karate lessons from Bruce Lee's brother for 8000 dollars an hour.

ashbeeigh
07-03-2011, 03:53 PM

http://www.warhammer39999.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/WinnerWinner.png

florige
07-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I had this older woman today come up to me and ask me could I start getting on a different treadmill because I run too loud when she is on the elipitical right in front of the treadmill I normally use. I disturb her while she is half going on the machine and I also disturb her reading.:rolleyes I used to always notice she would get off and move to another machine once I got into my full stride. I had a feeling that was why, but I wasn't sure. I wanted soo bad to tell her that she will have to just deal with it. I guess if I happen to be there first and she walks in I am just supposed to stop in the middle of my run and move to another treadmill just so she can use her favorite machine. See thats why I called myself going to the gym late so I could supposedly avoid people like this who pretty much come to the gym and does nothing, but has the nerve to complain to those of us who are actually trying to workout. :bang

ashbeeigh
07-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I had this older woman today come up to me and ask me could I start getting on a different treadmill because I run too loud when she is on the elipitical right in front of the treadmill I normally use. I disturb her while she is half going on the machine and I also disturb her reading.:rolleyes I used to always notice she would get off and move to another machine once I got into my full stride. I had a feeling that was why, but I wasn't sure. I wanted soo bad to tell her that she will have to just deal with it. I guess if I happen to be there first and she walks in I am just supposed to stop in the middle of my run and move to another treadmill just so she can use her favorite machine. See thats why I called myself going to the gym late so I could supposedly avoid people like this who pretty much come to the gym and does nothing, but has the nerve to complain to those of us who are actually trying to workout. :bang

Pobrecito. That's why I have an ipod. Just turn it up really loud so you can't hear it. Why doesn't she have one? Or some headphones to listen to the TV?

I know my right foot hits really heavy because of my foot drop so I try to work on my stride, but sometimes its not my stride that's the loudest..it's those that have nonathletic shoes that squeak and make noise on the treadmill that bother me.

I know it's near impossible for most people, but midday is like the the perfect time to go to the gym. At least where I usually go. It's mom and senior central. They're usually on the elliptical and walk on the treadmill by the Learning Channel far away from where I like to run.

benefactor
07-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd just smile at her and say "no, but thanks for asking."

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Tbh, for the people who want serious advice, it took me forever to get started with it getting in a routine with the job I started this summer and everything, but now I'm finally into it and have a schedule that makes it so I can stick to the diet, I recommend the Insanity program to anyone. You'll feel like a fat ball of shit at first when you're tired 3 minutes into the workout, and the 5-meal-a-day diet will seem like a pain in the ass, but now that I'm two weeks into it I already feel a difference. Hopefully I can stick to it for the full 60 days, and if I do I'll post my before/after pictures on this site.

It's sponsored by the same company that sponsors P90X, but it's more practical for the average person. All you need to do it is a room with a DVD player and space (not even that much space). No weights, no pull up bars, nothing except for an optional Yoga mat if you don't wanna be jumping on/off a hard surface. I only suggest this because if you stick to it, you can basically cancel any gym membership you have, you'll feel hungry at times but its diet plan isn't that bad at all, and the workouts require at the most 1 hour a day. If I'm making it sound easy, it's not, the workouts will fuck you up and be the worst cardio you've ever done, but it's great for people who are busy and wanna get as much of a workout possible in the smallest time possible.

florige
07-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Pobrecito. That's why I have an ipod. Just turn it up really loud so you can't hear it. Why doesn't she have one? Or some headphones to listen to the TV?

I know my right foot hits really heavy because of my foot drop so I try to work on my stride, but sometimes its not my stride that's the loudest..it's those that have nonathletic shoes that squeak and make noise on the treadmill that bother me.

I know it's near impossible for most people, but midday is like the the perfect time to go to the gym. At least where I usually go. It's mom and senior central. They're usually on the elliptical and walk on the treadmill by the Learning Channel far away from where I like to run.

She does have earphones for what I can tell. What got me was when she had the nerve to say "I disturb her reading" what the heck is it this the freakin library?! This is my first occurrence that I have had since going at night. Now to be perfectly honest, that particular treadmill is louder than the rest for whatever reason, anyone who runs on it even at lower speeds than I do it is still sorta loud. I guess she singled me out because I am the one who is on it the most when she is reading. :rolleyes But ironically enough its the only one that the DVD players still works and thats why I use it.

I'd just smile at her and say "no, but thanks for asking."

I was THIS close from telling her "sorry but this is the treadmill that I use so I don't know what to tell you". I pretty much listened and nodded and walked away from her. I just found it gutsy that she had the galls not to ask could I run quieter, but could I just use a different treadmill altogether. I really hope she is there tommorow. I think I will use the next one down and make it an effort to run loud.

ashbeeigh
07-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Tbh, I recommend the Insanity program to anyone. You'll feel like a fat ball of shit at first when you're tired 3 minutes into the workout, and the 5-meal-a-day diet will seem like a pain in the ass, but now that I'm two weeks into it I already feel a difference. Hopefully I can stick to it for the full 60 days, and if I do I'll post my before/after pictures on this site.

It's sponsored by the same company that sponsors P90X, but it's more practical for the average person. All you need to do it is a room with a DVD player and space (not even that much space). No weights, no pull up bars, nothing except for an optional Yoga mat if you don't wanna be jumping on/off a hard surface. I only suggest this because if you stick to it, you can basically cancel any gym membership you have, you'll feel hungry at times but its diet plan isn't that bad at all, and the workouts require at the most 1 hour a day. If I'm making it sound easy, it's not, the workouts will fuck you up and be the worst cardio you've ever done, but it's great for people who are busy and wanna get as much of a workout possible in the smallest time possible.

I tried p90x and Insanity during two of the SA Fitness in the park things earlier this year. I'm sure there are pros to it, but to me it just seemed like any other DVD program. I was not impressed at all. And then they employee these horribly cheesy "Beachbody" people to see their shit.

Within minutes of finishing the class one of the people had facebooked me. I was like "Back the fuck off dude. I'm not buying your DVDs...or your supplements." One of my friends who attended several of the classes with the guy said he tried to see her supplements by saying that doctors approved of them, come to find out he was a podiatrist or something.

Again, I have seen it work for some people and I hope it works for you! Stick too it! It takes 2 to 3 weeks to develop a routine psychologically. I bet if I stuck to that diet it would work too, but I'm not that disciplined in my diet. I eat healthy enough. I don't need to eat protein shakes to replace my dinner. I want dinner. I'd rather do something at the gym. Just like some would rather play basketball. It's a personality thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
:lol I don't drink protein shakes that much either, people my age who consume hundreds of grams of protein everyday are gonna have brittle bones down the road and most likely get osteoporosis (and before anyone tells me I'm making that up, there's mounds of evidence and a logical explanation as to how too much protein increases your chance of osteoporosis). It's not a crazy diet at all, and it's not a requirement you have to drink protein shakes or similar supplements. I only do it at times because I'm running late in the morning, and it's easier to prepare a shake as a lunch replacement rather than cook a full lunch.

And yeah, Beach Body is the company that sponsored each program and likewise uses P90X and Insanity to sell their other products to people who have had success with either program. Doesn't take away from the fact each program works if you stick to it, but if what you're doing is working no reason to change it at all. I was more talking to people who dread going to the gym and dread using weights/equipment.

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 10:20 PM
While we're all being serious...if you want a great cardio workout with little-to-no-cost, run stairs (the more floors, the better). One up-and-down revolution is one tower. We had to do 25 of those (5 stories) for the Fire Academy everyday with a 45 lbs weight-vest on in the Miami heat and humidity. Holy Fuck.

Running stairs is great cardio and it's an insane lower body workout. If you have the means, hold some barbells (weight is up to you) while you do it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 10:24 PM
While we're all being serious...if you want a great cardio workout with little-to-no-cost, run stairs (the more floors, the better). One up-and-down revolution is one tower. We had to do 25 of those (5 stories) for the Fire Academy with a 45 lbs weight-vest on in the Miami heat and humidity. Holy Fuck.

Running stairs is great cardio and it's an insane lower body workout. If you have the means, hold some barbells (weight is up to you) while you do it.
:tu I have a 40 pound weight vest I used when I used to go hiking a lot. That's not something I recommend to people who don't already weigh over 200+ lbs., but there are weight vests with less weight. If you hate running/cardio machines at the gym, hiking with a weight vest is just as good and you're burning tons of calories while doing so.

florige
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
While we're all being serious...if you want a great cardio workout with little-to-no-cost, run stairs (the more floors, the better). One up-and-down revolution is one tower. We had to do 25 of those (5 stories) for the Fire Academy everyday with a 45 lbs weight-vest on in the Miami heat and humidity. Holy Fuck.

Haha, my brother literally passed out when he was trying to do that stair test when he was trying to become a fire fighter. Its a good thing they have medics there on site. I guess people passing out from that test is normal. The most cardio I had to do at the police academy was a couple of timed runs. I think they were like 1.5 in 16 minutes or something along those lines.

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
:tu I have a 40 pound weight vest I used when I used to go hiking a lot. That's not something I recommend to people who don't already weigh over 200+ lbs., but there are weight vests with less weight. If you hate running/cardio machines at the gym, hiking with a weight vest is just as good and you're burning tons of calories while doing so.

+1, the vest is just a great investment (no pun) if you're serious about running/jogging everyday. They're under $100 (some much cheaper). You burn a shit-ton of calories and it really helps your endurance. After running with it for awhile, the first time you run without the vest it feels like you're gliding on air.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Well fuck me, the vest I bought a few years ago was more than $100 :madrun:madrun:madrun

god damn overpriced sports authority

thispego
07-03-2011, 10:38 PM

ok, all you need is a boat or a texas ski ranch :lol

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Haha, my brother literally passed out when he was trying to do that stair test when he was trying to become a fire fighter. Its a good thing they have medics there on site. I guess people passing out from that test is normal. The most cardio I had to do at the police academy was a couple of timed runs. I think they were like 1.5 in 16 minutes or something along those lines.

1.5 miles in 16 minutes in regular gym clothes? You lucky bastards:lol

The CPAT exam for fire (at least where I took it) had to be done in 7 minutes just to enter the academy. At the end you had to complete it in 5 minutes with full bunker gear on to pass the class. If you've ever worn fire gear before then you know that shit doesn't breathe. All the heat stays in and you're swimming in your sweat by the end. I found the clip of the PAT we had to do...this is at Coral Springs Fire Academy in SoFla. This was some other class doing their pre-entry test. Follow the guy who starts up the stairs in the beginning (cause that's the start).

UXSAAu3zZDY

It involves 7 steps: Put on a 45 lb. vest
Climb 3 flights of stairs carrying a hose pack on your shoulder
Pull the hose, using the attached rope, up over the 3rd floor railing
Carry the hose down the stairs
Kaiser – Sledgehammer
Hose drag simulator – pull a pressurized hose 75 feet
Dummy drag – walk 100 feet with 175 lb. dummy

It's not hard in gym clothes, but in bunker gear it sucks ass

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 10:42 PM
ok, all you need is a boat or a texas ski ranch :lol
:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 10:42 PM
god damn overpriced sports authority

crofl, oh yeah. They sell 20 lbs dumbbells for around $40-50 last I checked.:lol

IronMexican
07-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Why would I run stairs when I can cable board?

4>0rings
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM
After lifting, HIIT is the best way to lose weight. I lost over 60lbs doing it. Also it gets you in fucking excellent shape

That shit works.

:lol it's muscle malk, does that count as a supplement? I only drank it if I cant eat immediately after working out. Haven't had one since you busted me with it though :lol
Listen my 4 eye'ed playa, skip the MM and move onto a weight gainer, something like a 15 thousand calorie shake or something. You are 135lbs soaking wet and MM is only going to get you so far.

thispego
07-03-2011, 11:42 PM
That shit works.

Listen my 4 eye'ed playa, skip the MM and move onto a weight gainer, something like a 15 thousand calorie shake or something. You are 135lbs soaking wet and MM is only going to get you so far.

lol no thanks little kid :lol

rofl 135

4>0rings
07-04-2011, 12:31 AM
136?

IronMexican
07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Bouhght some 45's yesterday and deadlifted 295 for the first time this morning. Feels fucking great, man.

Also OHP'd 135 and bent rowed over 155.

All PR's for me. The jack3d really did it for me this morning. Feel like I could have did more on everything besides deadlifts. My grip was sucking. I think it might be time for me to use the lock up grip. I don't want to, though.

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Bouhght some 45's yesterday and deadlifted 295 for the first time this morning. Feels fucking great, man.

All PR's for me. The jack3d really did it for me this morning. Feel like I could have did more on everything besides deadlifts. My grip was sucking. I think it might be time for me to use the lock up grip. I don't want to, though.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/18/dd450d7f-8a33-4102-873c-380353f045d2.jpg

I didn't go telling people my workout from yesterday.

IronMexican
07-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I was just happy. My stats aren't even that impressive.

Do you lift, ash?

UhF4Kpg6soc

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Don't turn into the fuckhead who makes a FB status about every workout he has.

IronMexican
07-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I have no fb tbh.

This is now my personal blog, as well. Can't wait to tell you guys how wakeboarding goes tomorrow!

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Are you gonna do it with a boat or just cables?

IronMexican
07-04-2011, 11:59 AM
What kind of retarded ass question is that? When I said boat, of course I meant cables.

:lmao I forgot how easy this place is to troll.

I'll be catching the bus to the Texas ski ranch.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2011, 12:00 PM
There's a ski ranch I go to that also has trees with gymnastics rings hanging from them :wow

There's also a pool where you can race against Michael Phelps!

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Do you lift, ash?

No. I watch sweaty men lift weights. Girls are supposed to run on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then complain that they aren't losing weight. Duh.

But seriously, no. My preferred treadmill is right behind where guys lift though. It's like watching gym porn.

IronMexican
07-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Is that a yes or a no?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2011, 01:02 PM
It's like watching gym porn.
You should hit up the MMA forum then. All the posters in there love themselves some gym porn.

BlackSwordsMan
07-04-2011, 01:05 PM
you know it

BlackSwordsMan
07-04-2011, 01:06 PM

lock up grip? Reverse grip? should I just google it? well?

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Is that a yes or a no?

No. I watch sweaty men lift weights. Girls are supposed to run on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then complain that they aren't losing weight. Duh.

But seriously, no. My preferred treadmill is right behind where guys lift though. It's like watching gym porn.

DeadlyDynasty
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
The only gym porn I see is when girls use the gyno machine...and yes, it's hot.

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 03:32 PM

The hip abductor thing? :lmao

BlackSwordsMan
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
would it be weird if I told you I see you at the gym all the time and I just stare at you without you knowing?

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 03:35 PM
would it be weird if I told you I see you at the gym all the time and I just stare at you without you knowing?

Shut your face.

florige
07-04-2011, 03:42 PM

I think alot of the women know exactly what they are doing. Like they have to get like right directly in your line of sight and start doing all of these erotic type of stretches. This one girl got directly in front of me and was doing this exercise where she was basically on all fours raising her butt up into the air.

DeadlyDynasty
07-04-2011, 03:43 PM
The hip abductor thing? :lmao

Yeah, hips and inner/outer thigh machine.:lol

I've always found that so damn sexy (when at least decent-looking girl is doing it).

O8tvHpa9B6g&playnext=1&list=PLC93D794F2B6FCE4D

florige
07-04-2011, 03:45 PM
1.5 miles in 16 minutes in regular gym clothes? You lucky bastards:lol

The CPAT exam for fire (at least where I took it) had to be done in 7 minutes just to enter the academy. At the end you had to complete it in 5 minutes with full bunker gear on to pass the class. If you've ever worn fire gear before then you know that shit doesn't breathe. All the heat stays in and you're swimming in your sweat by the end. I found the clip of the PAT we had to do...this is at Coral Springs Fire Academy in SoFla. This was some other class doing their pre-entry test. Follow the guy who starts up the stairs in the beginning (cause that's the start).

UXSAAu3zZDY

It involves 7 steps: Put on a 45 lb. vest
Climb 3 flights of stairs carrying a hose pack on your shoulder
Pull the hose, using the attached rope, up over the 3rd floor railing
Carry the hose down the stairs
Kaiser – Sledgehammer
Hose drag simulator – pull a pressurized hose 75 feet
Dummy drag – walk 100 feet with 175 lb. dummy

It's not hard in gym clothes, but in bunker gear it sucks ass

:lol We had alot of cardio sessions throughout the Academy though. Nothing like you guys probably go through. It was hillarious watching these big muscle bound guys continually struggle with the net climb. Alot of those guys thought automatically since they were buff to the gill they would breeze through the academy. Not the case.

DeadlyDynasty
07-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I think alot of the women know exactly what they are doing. Like they have to get like right directly in your line of sight and start doing all of these erotic type of stretches. This one girl got directly in front of me and was doing this exercise where she was basically on all fours raising her butt up into the air.

:lolYou would not make it through this class then:

eKirrqU7bLo

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM

I've always found that so damn sexy (when at least decent-looking girl is doing it).

BlackSwordsMan can tell you I do both of those as a warm-up stretch. :lol

But that video was outta control. That would hurt like a mofo!

florige
07-04-2011, 03:50 PM

O8tvHpa9B6g&playnext=1&list=PLC93D794F2B6FCE4D

:lol Exactly. Not so much when Shamu the whale is on it though. Is this the same machine that when used the opposite way the girl is pretty much spread eagle when facing the front?

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 03:52 PM
:lol Exactly. Not so much when Shamu the whale is on it though. Is this the same machine that when used the opposite way the girl is pretty much spread eagle when facing the front?

It is. There are two different ones. One works the inner thigh (the one in the youtube) and the one you're referring to works the outer thigh and butt.

florige
07-04-2011, 03:53 PM
It is. There are two different ones. One works the inner thigh (the one in the youtube) and the one you're referring to works the outer thigh and butt.

Which one do you use Ash and what time?

DeadlyDynasty
07-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Yes, combos as an abductor/adductor machine.

EDIT: ash just mentioned it

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Which one do you use Ash and what time?

I'll tell you only if I get to see your abs.

florige
07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
I'll tell you only if I get to see your abs.

You have already seen them.

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 04:04 PM
You have already seen them.

duh. Again. Ask BlackSwordsMan. Apparently he knows when and where I work out now. Which is a tad creepy.

boutons_deux
07-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Cut down on 'carbs' to reduce body fat

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-06/tes-cdo060511.php

===========

"156 pounds. That's how much added sugar Americans consume each year on a per capita basis"

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56589

=====

There are lot studies saying carbs, not fat (of any kind), is the main cause of excess weight. There are good fats and bad fats, but the multi-decade "low fat" mania is complete bullshit, and the ever-increasing overweight/obesity epidemic continues.

The "eat whole grains because they're healthy" marketing is bullshit scam from the USDA/grain producers. Refined or whole, grains are useless carbs. flour, corn, rice, bread, pasta, tortillas, breakfast cereals, granola, cut them all out to lose weight. Severely minimize them to maintain lean weight.

and "zero carb" drinks and foods full of synthetic sweetener chemicals are unhealthy bullshit, too.

And you can't lose fat and maintain weight exercising. Great for health and fitness, and for scamming people selling them gym memberships (50% quit in 6 months) and exercise machines (unused), but sucks for losing fat/maintaining weight.

benefactor
07-05-2011, 05:33 AM
Refined or whole, grains are useless carbs. flour, corn, rice, bread, pasta, tortillas, breakfast cereals, granola, cut them all out to lose weight.
If I cut out all of these I would starve to death.

IronMexican
07-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Ketosis is pretty easy after a while. I'll eat a tostada or tortilla once every two days, though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-05-2011, 06:54 AM
O really no shit, thanks for the revolutionary advice bro :wow

Not all carbs are bad. Cutting out processed carbs is what you should do. Whole wheat bread, grains, raw almonds, etc. aren't what's making people fat.

IronMexican
07-05-2011, 07:03 AM
almonds will definitely make you fat. All nuts will.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-05-2011, 07:11 AM
almonds will definitely make you fat. All nuts will.
If you eat them in moderation like you're supposed to, no they won't. I eat 6-8 almonds at a time as a snack/with a meal. Yeah, if you eat like a whole box of almonds like FAT people do you'll get fat. If you go overboard eating whole wheat bread you'll get fat too.

I do know a lot more people have gotten fat off red meat and/or processed carbs than nuts.

IronMexican
07-05-2011, 07:33 AM
tbh my bro is trying to gain weight and he sucks at it. He's 5'7 and 124 pounds.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-05-2011, 07:53 AM
My brother is the classic fatshit who thinks working out with weights for 30-45 minutes then drinking a protein shake with like 4x as much protein powder as he should be using, never doing any cardio, and rarely watching what he eats, will get him to lose weight. It's especially stupid because both he and I have genetics that make it so it's much easier to build muscle than it is to tone muscle. There's no reason either of us should be overloading on protein powder.

benefactor
07-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Changed my treadmill routine some. I'm going for speed and less distance. I've decided I will go as far and as hard as I can for 20 minutes. Did 2.36 miles today with a final heart rate of almost 180. 2.5 in 20 minutes is my goal.

DMC
07-14-2011, 11:42 PM
tbh my bro is trying to gain weight and he sucks at it. He's 5'7 and 124 pounds.
This is hilarious. When I was in HS I was trying to gain weight. I was consuming 6000 calories a day, protein shakes, all that shit, ice cream, pasta, you name it. In 1 month I lost 5 lbs.

benefactor
07-14-2011, 11:47 PM
This is hilarious. When I was in HS I was trying to gain weight. I was consuming 6000 calories a day, protein shakes, all that shit, ice cream, pasta, you name it. In 1 month I lost 5 lbs.
I feel ya man. I was 6'0 and 155lbs when I graduated. I tried like hell to gain weight but to no avail. Funny how things change...because now I'm busting my ass trying to keep it off.

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2011, 11:52 PM
I've always been a fatass got up to 240 since fathers day I've lost 8 pounds, hoping that I gained some muscle though

ashbeeigh
07-15-2011, 06:59 AM

Give me your metabolism- stat.

TDMVPDPOY
07-15-2011, 07:26 AM
htf do you guys stop the urge to continue eating....

ashbeeigh
07-15-2011, 07:47 AM

Seriously...lots of water. And finding other things to do. Drink a bottle of water when you feel like you need something to eat if you just ate something a few hours ago. It usually means you're dehydrated.

4>0rings
07-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Eat slower, or with a smaller utensil. Give your body enough time to register you are full.

florige
07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Changed my treadmill routine some. I'm going for speed and less distance. I've decided I will go as far and as hard as I can for 20 minutes. Did 2.36 miles today with a final heart rate of almost 180. 2.5 in 20 minutes is my goal.

I actually started running the opposite. I run slower but run longer, and I just do sprint intervals. I actually have lost more weight since I have started doing it that way.

ManuBalboa
07-16-2011, 04:12 AM

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-06/tes-cdo060511.php

===========

"156 pounds. That's how much added sugar Americans consume each year on a per capita basis"

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56589

=====

There are lot studies saying carbs, not fat (of any kind), is the main cause of excess weight. There are good fats and bad fats, but the multi-decade "low fat" mania is complete bullshit, and the ever-increasing overweight/obesity epidemic continues.

The "eat whole grains because they're healthy" marketing is bullshit scam from the USDA/grain producers. Refined or whole, grains are useless carbs. flour, corn, rice, bread, pasta, tortillas, breakfast cereals, granola, cut them all out to lose weight. Severely minimize them to maintain lean weight.

and "zero carb" drinks and foods full of synthetic sweetener chemicals are unhealthy bullshit, too.

And you can't lose fat and maintain weight exercising. Great for health and fitness, and for scamming people selling them gym memberships (50% quit in 6 months) and exercise machines (unused), but sucks for losing fat/maintaining weight.

I've been hearing about cycling carbs forever and am finally going to try it. I'll be doing Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0 for the next 6+ weeks. You basically live on ~50 carbs a day and 50% of maintenance calories for the first 3.5 days while depleting all glycogen from the muscle, then you carb load for the next 24 hours to get in a good heavy weight workout to maintain strength/muscle mass.

ManuBalboa
07-16-2011, 04:16 AM

Eat a shit ton of spinach/broccoli/other fibrous vegetable you can tolerate. Luckily I love Spinach because my grandmother used to make me toast and spinach and it was the bomb.

If I get hungry I will also just eat blueberries or some fruit mixed into Cottage Cheese & Greek Yogurt. I hated Cottage cheese at first but I don't mind it now. The cottage cheese has casein protein in it meaning it is a slow-digesting protein and feeds the body over a longer period of time and the greek yogurt has a shiiiiiiiiit ton of protein in it and barely any carbs. It also helps to counteract the kurds texture in cottage cheese. Blueberries have a lot of antioxidants and are good for you. You can throw in some psyllium husk to get more fiber and fill you up.

Chachachango
07-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Whataburger anyone?

ashbeeigh
07-16-2011, 05:34 PM
I actually started running the opposite. I run slower but run longer, and I just do sprint intervals. I actually have lost more weight since I have started doing it that way.

It helps a lot when you hit the stop button once or twice in the middle of your run. It slows you down. :lol

ashbeeigh
07-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Eat a shit ton of spinach/broccoli/other fibrous vegetable you can tolerate. Luckily I love Spinach because my grandmother used to make me toast and spinach and it was the bomb.

If I get hungry I will also just eat blueberries or some fruit mixed into Cottage Cheese & Greek Yogurt. I hated Cottage cheese at first but I don't mind it now. The cottage cheese has casein protein in it meaning it is a slow-digesting protein and feeds the body over a longer period of time and the greek yogurt has a shiiiiiiiiit ton of protein in it and barely any carbs. It also helps to counteract the kurds texture in cottage cheese. Blueberries have a lot of antioxidants and are good for you. You can throw in some psyllium husk to get more fiber and fill you up.

Mixing greek yogurt with things like lemons, oranges and limes is a great light summer snack. I love it. Greek yogurt by itself is kind of foul, but adding those makes it delish. Adding bigger pieces of fruit creates a good fruit salad.

I don't do cottage cheese that much, but the yogurt I do love.

florige
07-16-2011, 09:31 PM
It helps a lot when you hit the stop button once or twice in the middle of your run. It slows you down. :lol

And that is what really pissed me off the most. I could see if I were running at top speed or something. I think me trying to run quieter for that woman is affecting my form or something.

ashbeeigh
07-16-2011, 10:15 PM
And that is what really pissed me off the most. I could see if I were running at top speed or something. I think me trying to run quieter for that woman is affecting my form or something.

Quit being so self conscious. Is she really there every single time you run? Find a new treadmill. Or don't change a thing and tell her to fuck off.

I chose a treadmill the other day that was way down from where I usually run, but near where this other guy usually uses the elliptical. He obviously knew that I run near a mirror and checked to see if he was in the way but decided to get on the elliptical anyway he was like "ehh, fuck it. This is my spot.."...was I mad? No, because I was in his spot...not mine. Who was there first? Did she start working out there first? If so suck it up and move over...if you were there first then she can suck it.

florige
07-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Quit being so self conscious. Is she really there every single time you run? Find a new treadmill. Or don't change a thing and tell her to fuck off.

I chose a treadmill the other day that was way down from where I usually run, but near where this other guy usually uses the elliptical. He obviously knew that I run near a mirror and checked to see if he was in the way but decided to get on the elliptical anyway he was like "ehh, fuck it. This is my spot.."...was I mad? No, because I was in his spot...not mine. Who was there first? Did she start working out there first? If so suck it up and move over...if you were there first then she can suck it.

Actually she did wind up moving. But it wasn't because of me, it was because of this guy who runs in those footsie things but it sounds like he is running in combat boots he runs so loud. He makes me sound like a church mouse. lol She moved down one machine and you could tell she was sorta pissed. She is a regular like I am, but she is usually there first. Now if I can I try not to get on the treadmill right behind her, but like I told her husband if there is only one treadmill available and it happens to be behind her then she is just going to have to suck it up and wear earplugs or something. And actually I have been trying to figure out why I run loud anyway not mainly because of her. Especially when I see people who are running the same speed or faster and you barely hear anything. This one woman was running at like 7.5 and I didn't hear ANYTHING hardly. Even when I walked directly behind her treadmill she ws on. Why do you run near a mirror?

ashbeeigh
07-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Actually she did wind up moving. But it wasn't because of me, it was because of this guy who runs in those footsie things but it sounds like he is running in combat boots he runs so loud. He makes me sound like a church mouse. lol She moved down one machine and you could tell she was sorta pissed. She is a regular like I am, but she is usually there first. Now if I chttp://spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5349003an I try not to get on the treadmill right behind her, but like I told her husband if there is only one treadmill available and it happens to be behind her then she is just going to have to suck it up and wear earplugs or something. And actually I have been trying to figure out why I run loud anyway not mainly because of her. Especially when I see people who are running the same speed or faster and you barely hear anything. This one woman was running at like 7.5 and I didn't hear ANYTHING hardly. Even when I walked directly behind her treadmill she ws on. Why do you run near a mirror?

It's less distracting. If I find the article again I'll fb it to you. It just said something about being less distracting. It also allows me to look at my form - or lack there of.

Ahh...here is something about it. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/5543367/Running-on-a-treadmill-in-front-of-a-mirror-can-improve-your-fitness.html

mystargtr34
07-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Some of this may have already been said... but depending on your weight and overall size.. its usually better to run short bursts at higher intensity.. say beach hill sprints if you want to tone your legs and burn fat.. or run 1km time trials around a grass field or up and down a soccer pitch.. time yourself and see how you improve.

Alot of people aimlessly run 5 km on a tread mill or even outdoors without elevating their heart into that fat burning level.. they hover just below it and really all that ends up doing is putting stress on your feet and knees especially if your really overweight.

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2011, 12:01 AM

dairy products, if you have lactose intolerant...you continue to eat dairy products to force it to come out quicker then later?

leemajors
07-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Get outside, sweat. Much more effective than a treadmill or exercise bike. I have taken to riding 12 miles before my shift every day since I went home based, but the difference between that and riding an exercise bike at the gym at work has been an entirely different world and it shows.

ashbeeigh
07-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Whatever I'm doing it's working because I'm only 9 pounds away from the goal I set in July...running inside, without supplements, without p90x, weight lifting and without any fancy diets. If I keep going at the rate I am I should be there by Halloween. Sure, I could drop it quickly by the end of the summer but I seem to hit bumps where I stall out. I see that in my near future.

ManuBalboa
07-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Run on the balls of your feet. Look into minimalist shoes. You don't have to go Vibram five fingers but pick up some light weight simple overpriced Nike Frees. Landing on your heels first is what causes the heavy stomping and also contributes directly to shin splints. It will take you a couple months to get used to landing on the mid/balls of your feet but it's worth it.

When you land on your heels you leg is almost fully extended as compared to landing on your mid/balls of your feet where your leg is still bent thus providing more springy effect. It has to do something like that lol. The shoe companies have completely fuked everyone's way of running due to building shoes with ridiculously huge heels for all of these years. Humans went thousands of years with barely any cushion. It makes sense.

thispego
07-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Run on the balls of your feet. Look into minimalist shoes. You don't have to go Vibram five fingers but pick up some light weight simple overpriced Nike Frees. Landing on your heels first is what causes the heavy stomping and also contributes directly to shin splints. It will take you a couple months to get used to landing on the mid/balls of your feet but it's worth it.

When you land on your heels you leg is almost fully extended as compared to landing on your mid/balls of your feet where your leg is still bent thus providing more springy effect. It has to do something like that lol. The shoe companies have completely fuked everyone's way of running due to building shoes with ridiculously huge heels for all of these years. Humans went thousands of years with barely any cushion. It makes sense.

tha fuck? Don't listen to this guy... Dont run on your heels, run on the balls of your feet, mid/balls of your feet? The fuck you talking about???

You should run with your feet rolling from your heels to your toes, land on your heel and pick your heel up as your toes make contact with the ground and push off with your toes. There should be as little impact as possible. One smooth motion

florige
07-17-2011, 12:37 PM
tha fuck? Don't listen to this guy... Dont run on your heels, run on the balls of your feet, mid/balls of your feet? The fuck you talking about???

You should run with your feet rolling from your heels to your toes, land on your heel and pick your heel up as your toes make contact with the ground and push off with your toes. There should be as little impact as possible. One smooth motion

:lol
I think I read in one of those runners magazines that you are supposed to have a motion like you are treading sand in between your toes after every motion. Running on the balls of your feet is pretty much running flat-footed.

thispego
07-17-2011, 12:43 PM
:lol as long as youre not slapping your flat feet on the ground you'll be ok. You shouldn't be able to hear your foot making contact with the ground at all

leemajors
07-17-2011, 01:08 PM

Your heel should not touch the ground if you are running properly, he is correct.

GoodOdor
07-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Crofl, now people need magazines to figure out how to run properly? jesus christ.

IronMexican
07-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I ordered a book on strength training tbh. Rippetoe is a boss.

Monostradamus
07-17-2011, 02:43 PM

:lmao is there any doubt at all now that you're some unathletic little dork? You don't even know how to run properly :lmao :lmao :lmao

IronMexican
07-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Only 30 dollars, though.

Hurt me a lot more to order some shitty ass 13 inch LCD TV for 230 bucks.

Libri
07-17-2011, 02:55 PM

Excellent! Also, check out his youtube videos on proper form, to avoid injury.

BlackSwordsMan
07-17-2011, 02:56 PM
landing on your heel would hurt

IronMexican
07-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Excellent! Also, check out his youtube videos on proper form, to avoid injury.

Watched all of that months ago. I was thinking of pirating it, but I'd never have time to read it on my PC, and I lost my ipod somewhere in the fucking house.

leemajors
07-17-2011, 05:13 PM
:lol
I think I read in one of those runners magazines that you are supposed to have a motion like you are treading sand in between your toes after every motion. Running on the balls of your feet is pretty much running flat-footed.

Do you know where the ball of the foot is?

lefty
07-17-2011, 05:44 PM
GOing back to the gym next week

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Leave ego at the door, expect muscle soreness

Fuck fuck fuck

ManuBalboa
07-17-2011, 08:34 PM

lol no

Try it bro. It takes getting used to because you, me, and everyone else has been doing it wrong our entire lives, but once you get the hang of it you will feel like you are running on air. It's nice. It'll be hard if you are using shoes with a 2 inch heel though. I am 6'0 205 and barely make noise on the treadmill. In the past I've been the loud mofo on treadmills and suffered from shin splints. It's worked for me.

ManuBalboa
07-17-2011, 08:41 PM

Ripp is the man. I still watch his videos on squat/deadlift form. He knows his shit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnnymnemonic2

Is another good one for squat form. Those 5x5, 3x5 strength training programs flat out work for what they are designed for.

MannyIsGod
07-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I have no idea how you'd even run by landing on your heel, TBH. That would be some weird unnatural motion. I mean can you imagine sprinting and trying to land on your heel? That just seems really odd.

MannyIsGod
07-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Whatever I'm doing it's working because I'm only 9 pounds away from the goal I set in July...running inside, without supplements, without p90x, weight lifting and without any fancy diets. If I keep going at the rate I am I should be there by Halloween. Sure, I could drop it quickly by the end of the summer but I seem to hit bumps where I stall out. I see that in my near future.

Your burning more calories than you take in. In the end, that is pretty much the bottom line.

That doesn't mean the other tips weren't good ones. In the end however, the most important thing to working out is doing what you enjoy. I can run miles easily but I'd prefer to ride a bike so I ride a bike. For me, doing cardio on a stationary machine is also boring as shit, so I prefer to be outdoors. That means I deal with things like wind, hills, (going up a steep grade at 7000 feet elevation with a 25 mph headwin is no one's definition of fun - but overcoming it is satisfying as hell) and occasionally bad drivers but I would take all of that in a heartbeat over being inside. The main point is though to do what you enjoy because otherwise its a chore.

florige
07-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Do you know where the ball of the foot is?

Yeah the middle of the foot. When I run like that it seems like I am slapping on the ground. I am obviously doing something wrong.

florige
07-17-2011, 08:51 PM
I have no idea how you'd even run by landing on your heel, TBH. That would be some weird unnatural motion. I mean can you imagine sprinting and trying to land on your heel? That just seems really odd.

Bernard Williams goes to the gym I go to and he told me that sprinters actually run off their toes and their heel never touches the ground. And trust me running on your heel is not as hard as it sounds. It is obviously wrong, but it happens without any effort. :lol

Libri
07-17-2011, 08:51 PM

I guess the only way is to racewalk but it's not considered running.

MannyIsGod
07-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Bernard Williams goes to the gym I go to and he told me that sprinters actually run off their toes and their heel never touches the ground. And trust me running on your heel is not as hard as it sounds. It is obviously wrong, but it happens without any effort. :lol

Yeah - I've never been a fast runner by any means but anytime I ran or cut or sprint in a sport it was always pretty much on the balls of my feet. The only time I can think of rolling my heel first was during my only year of being in marching band in HS.

MannyIsGod
07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Get outside, sweat. Much more effective than a treadmill or exercise bike. I have taken to riding 12 miles before my shift every day since I went home based, but the difference between that and riding an exercise bike at the gym at work has been an entirely different world and it shows.

Over the past year I had a 10 mile commute that I'd do on my bike when it wasn't cold as shit but I recently got a new job and now I've had to time to ride after work. Its just a bummer when I get home late because I usually like to do 15-20 miles but I don't like to go after dark so I have a limited window.

Cycling is just so awesome though. I can't imagine doing it inside and enjoying it, like you.

ashbeeigh
07-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Everyone runs differently. I can't remember who mentioned it (was it Jekka?) who said something about the bare foot trend/fade/etc being bad for people with no arches. It's true. You need the support of your arches to support your achillies and the rest of your legs. Without them you're going to hurt really bad. That's part of they there are motion/stability control shoes and in soles.

Here is a great article on running form from, yes Runner's World. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267-268-13951-0,00.html

florige
07-17-2011, 09:12 PM
lol no

Try it bro. It takes getting used to because you, me, and everyone else has been doing it wrong our entire lives, but once you get the hang of it you will feel like you are running on air. It's nice. It'll be hard if you are using shoes with a 2 inch heel though. I am 6'0 205 and barely make noise on the treadmill. In the past I've been the loud mofo on treadmills and suffered from shin splints. It's worked for me.

There is this guy at my gym who wears those footie things but he sounds like he is running in Timberlands he runs so loud. He is a little guy too. lol

Libri
07-17-2011, 09:15 PM
There is this guy at my gym who wears those footie things but he sounds like he is running in Timberlands he runs so loud. He is a little guy too. lol

lol

Vibram

benefactor
07-17-2011, 09:26 PM
If you are running any type of distance, you do not run on the balls of your feet. That's more for sprinting. For distance running you want to hit just in front of mid-foot towards the outside of the foot and roll in and off your big toe in a nice smooth motion. That's the natural motion of your foot hitting the ground. This is actually the reason why good running shoes like Asics are built with a bigger heel. It's not to cushion as much as it is to promote the motion I described.

It take some getting used to, but a good pair of shoes and some patience will pay off. Your ankles and feet may bother you at first but that's common. I had to wrap my right ankle for a while at first until I got used to it. Be sure to do LOTS of stretching...both before and after you run...and warm your legs up before starting and cool them down afterwards by walking.

Chachachango
07-17-2011, 10:01 PM
i hate when i run, and while running i need to let one out, so i squeeze my butt cheeks but it makes me feel funny so i stop running. then I walk for a minute or two and the feeling of letting one out goes away so i start running again but the fucking feeling of letting out comes back again. Sorry if it smells funky out there.

thispego
07-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Your heel should not touch the ground if you are running properly, he is correct.

lee, you cool, but your wrong. Yeah if you're sprinting, your heel is not going to be touching the ground, but isn't everyone here talking about jogging? Running to get in shape/lose weight?

thispego
07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
:lmao is there any doubt at all now that you're some unathletic little dork? You don't even know how to run properly :lmao :lmao :lmao

been runnin since you were in diapers little kid :lol

everything I say is correct so it's futile to doubt me. Just take my words as fact and you'll learn a few things instead of doubting me and confusing yourself further.

now go felch someone bitch.

thispego
07-17-2011, 10:21 PM

Serously, manny? Again, we're not talking about sprinting, but you can't imagine touching your heel to the ground while you run? Really?

thispego
07-17-2011, 10:24 PM
The middle of my foot is my arch, what the fuck Is in the middle of yalls foot?

MannyIsGod
07-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Serously, manny? Again, we're not talking about sprinting, but you can't imagine touching your heel to the ground while you run? Really?

Touching sure but not landing on it first.

Booharv
07-18-2011, 01:30 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25570/how-lebron-james-and-dwyane-wade-run

tbh

leemajors
07-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Over the past year I had a 10 mile commute that I'd do on my bike when it wasn't cold as shit but I recently got a new job and now I've had to time to ride after work. Its just a bummer when I get home late because I usually like to do 15-20 miles but I don't like to go after dark so I have a limited window.

Cycling is just so awesome though. I can't imagine doing it inside and enjoying it, like you.

Oh, I don't anymore. I bike about 12 miles before my shift at about 5am. I mainly cycled inside because I could do it on my lunch break or before my shift when I was in the office after dropping my daughter off at day care.

leemajors
07-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah the middle of the foot. When I run like that it seems like I am slapping on the ground. I am obviously doing something wrong.

http://www.shoecapital.com/images/foot/SC-ball-of-the-foot-pic1.jpg

leemajors
07-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Everyone runs differently. I can't remember who mentioned it (was it Jekka?) who said something about the bare foot trend/fade/etc being bad for people with no arches. It's true. You need the support of your arches to support your achillies and the rest of your legs. Without them you're going to hurt really bad. That's part of they there are motion/stability control shoes and in soles.

Here is a great article on running form from, yes Runner's World. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267-268-13951-0,00.html

I think that may have a lot more to do with wearing shoes made a certain way and then jumping into bare foot running. The muscles that support your arch are likely underdeveloped or atrophied, and need to be developed.

JoeChalupa
07-18-2011, 12:33 PM

I concur. Sprinters don't land on their heels but runners, joggers do.

florige
07-18-2011, 12:46 PM
http://www.shoecapital.com/images/foot/SC-ball-of-the-foot-pic1.jpg

Thanks for the illustration. I am going to see if I can start incorporating that.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Oh, I don't anymore. I bike about 12 miles before my shift at about 5am. I mainly cycled inside because I could do it on my lunch break or before my shift when I was in the office after dropping my daughter off at day care.

I worded it poorly but I meant was that I too enjoy it outside and not inside.

leemajors
07-18-2011, 01:22 PM

I just started doing 100 hindu squats after my rides recently. That shit is brutal but keeps my legs feeling fresh after. Been trying to incorporate more body weight exercises into my routine.

I. Hustle
07-18-2011, 01:22 PM

Kinky

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Have any of the runners/joggers dealt with a snapping hip? If it's not one thing it's another for me. I was out for a week with a sinus infection and was dealing with something horrible on my last run, but thought it was because I was kind of sick. What did you do to get rid of it?

after googling the snapping hip thing sounds exactly like that I was feeling.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Have any of the runners/joggers dealt with a snapping hip? If it's not one thing it's another for me. I was out for a week with a sinus infection and was dealing with something horrible on my last run, but thought it was because I was kind of sick. What did you do to get rid of it?

after googling the snapping hip thing sounds exactly like that I was feeling.

Used to happen to me occasionally when I was still dancing. It was never very severe, though, so I just relied upon a few days of HI-RICE and it went away on its own.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Used to happen to me occasionally when I was still dancing. It was never very severe, though, so I just relied upon a few days of HI-RICE and it went away on its own.

That's good news. I hope that some massive advil and some ice can get it to go away.

It's in my right side, not my left, which is a new deal. With all my previous muscle issues my right side has always been a little tense (slash actually pretty tense) so it might just be that it's finally loosening up and unstable with the running.

Chachachango
07-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Anyone running in the rock and roll marathon?

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Anyone running in the rock and roll marathon?

Maybe next year. I'm still at 4 miles on the treadmill. Trying to even run that relay thing would be killer.

And speaking of running..I need more music for my playlist. What do y'all run to?

DeadlyDynasty
07-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Maybe next year. I'm still at 4 miles on the treadmill. Trying to even run that relay thing would be killer.

And speaking of running..I need more music for my playlist. What do y'all run to?

How long do you run, time wise? What kind of music is already on your playlist?

jman3000
07-31-2011, 02:12 PM
If you just keep empty calories out of your diet like soda and candy you should be fine with just average work outs.

Eat lots of fiber, poop a lot, work out, get your metabolism up, take b vitamins, eat until youre contented and not until youre stuffed.

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 03:39 PM
How long do you run, time wise? What kind of music is already on your playlist?

I'm running for about 45 minutes with a 5 minute cool down (so a 12 minute pace). The stuff that really keeps me going is electronic-hop and Club kind of rap a la Usher. I added some Far East Movement, Dev and LMFAO to the list the afternoon which helped a bit.

I know Jog.fm is a great site to find music to match your heart rate and pace, but it doesn't have random stuff, more popular stuff. I tried to find out if some of my Janelle Monae was good for my pace and it didn't even come up. I was bummed to say the least.

boutons_deux
07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Here's why it's so hard to weight with exercise:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/SM00109

But you can under eat by 500 calories every day, losing 1 pound/week, 50 lbs year, without lifting a finger.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:08 PM
earlier this year i was at 196. today i weigh 172.(for reference, im 6' barefoot) i figure in 2-3 more weeks ill be at my bottom weight. then ill start putting on muscle. not that im not adding alot of muscle now, ill just turn most of my focus from cardio/conditioning to muscle gain. yall know what i mean. it feels so good to do what im doing

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 04:11 PM
earlier this year i was at 196. today i weigh 172.(for reference, im 6' barefoot) i figure in 2-3 more weeks ill be at my bottom weight. then ill start putting on muscle. not that im not adding alot of muscle now, ill just turn most of my focus from cardio/conditioning to muscle gain. yall know what i mean. it feels so good to do what im doing

Good for you! It's so great to know/see changes. I found a pair of jeans I threw in a pile of junk about a year ago because I wasn't able to fit in them....put 'em on and now they're too big. I still have about 10 more pounds to go before I get to where you are, but I can feel it getting closer!

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Good for you! It's so great to know/see changes. I found a pair of jeans I threw in a pile of junk about a year ago because I wasn't able to fit in them....put 'em on and now they're too big. I still have about 10 more pounds to go before I get to where you are, but I can feel it getting closer!

it is great. not tryin to toot, but i had to beat alcohol, tobacco and sugar to get to the point where i even thought it was worth it to try. its been a long process and to see the results (lol flat stomach) is just one of the best feelings ive ever experienced. and my clothes dont fit either!! i am perma-sagging and i think sometimes i dont notice but other people do, oops. i was dealing with super sore Achilles for awhile that slowed my running but luckily i never ruptured it. i have never been accused of being the most flexible person but that is changing fast!
thanks for your comment

Libri
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM

clean bulk

IronMexican
07-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Pretty much where High low is at. I'm at 170(down from 210), but am only 5'7. I figure 155-160 is a good weight to start my bulk.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:23 PM
clean bulk

go on,.......

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 04:24 PM
i was dealing with super sore Achilles for awhile that slowed my running but luckily i never ruptured it. i have never been accused of being the most flexible person but that is changing fast!
thanks for your comment

Try adding some Vitamin C with Rose Hip if you're a vitamin taker. It helped me with my sore hips. I complain about it all the time in this thread, but the Rose Hips are like natural advil and are great.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Pretty much where High low is at. I'm at 170(down from 210), but am only 5'7. I figure 155-160 is a good weight to start my bulk.

congrats man, when i told my buddy i was going down to 175 he laughed.

Libri
07-31-2011, 04:27 PM
go on,.......

If you want to gain muscle with the least amount of fat, do a clean bulk.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Try adding some Vitamin C with Rose Hip if you're a vitamin taker. It helped me with my sore hips. I complain about it all the time in this thread, but the Rose Hips are like natural advil and are great.

i will keep that in mind and i was reading when you had the hip thing. thats when i was down due to achellies but didnt want to bug the thread even though i was looking for help. basically my research said to just rest it so thats what i did. first time i ran after healed, i beat my best mile time by 21 seconds

IronMexican
07-31-2011, 04:30 PM
congrats man, when i told my buddy i was going down to 175 he laughed.

When I got serious about it, I really meant it.

What weight are you aiming for?

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 04:31 PM
i will keep that in mind and i was reading when you had the hip thing. thats when i was down due to achellies but didnt want to bug the thread even though i was looking for help. basically my research said to just rest it so thats what i did. first time i ran after healed, i beat my best mile time by 21 seconds

Oh no, throw out any problems you have. I think we've all learned tons from this thread. Or at least I have. And stretching. Pre-run stretching has really helped me. Maybe some leg lifts and squat type things would help with the achillies.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:31 PM
If you want to gain muscle with the least amount of fat, do a clean bulk.

thank you for your help. if you know what youre talking about then let me say, i cant and dont want to get too big. i been training mma (mostly boxing due to its superior cardio) all year and my end game is to be in competitions. boxing, catch wrestling, american jitz ect. so now that you know im going for a fighters body, what would you recommend?

redzero
07-31-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm running for about 45 minutes with a 5 minute cool down (so a 12 minute pace).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45:33

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:33 PM
When I got serious about it, I really meant it.

What weight are you aiming for?

well as much of a novice at all this as i am, i was going for 175. now im below with just a little more fat to burn so i'd say my new goal before bulk is 165

Libri
07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
thank you for your help. if you know what youre talking about then let me say, i cant and dont want to get too big. i been training mma (mostly boxing due to its superior cardio) all year and my end game is to be in competitions. boxing, catch wrestling, american jitz ect. so now that you know im going for a fighters body, what would you recommend?

I think most mma fighters train for strength. You could add compound exercises to your routine. You will gain strength and some size.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh no, throw out any problems you have. I think we've all learned tons from this thread. Or at least I have. And stretching. Pre-run stretching has really helped me. Maybe some leg lifts and squat type things would help with the achillies.

thank you. i have a good stretch for it now. it looks goofy as hell but i walk around the house doing it all the time. i hope it doesnt strike again

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 04:43 PM
I think most mma fighters train for strength. You could add compound exercises to your routine. You will gain strength and some size.

lol mma.

just kidding. Or was I?

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:43 PM
strength is on the list but more important would be, explosiveness, endurance, cardio, flexibilty ect
the results i have gotten so far are from-
working the heavy bag ( which id say im pretty darn good at now)
speed bag (pretty good at that too)
focus mitts with a buddy (that shit will just grind you down if youre finishing your rounds)
jumprope
free weights (all different kinds of shit i can make up to keep it freash)
and then on opposite days, running as many miles as i can

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 04:46 PM
i need to get my lats to stop hiding behind my chest. if i bring elbows together they are there, but if not theyre too much on my back

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 05:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45:33

thats crazy

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 05:01 PM
lol mma.

just kidding. Or was I?

i dont think you were :depressed

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 05:08 PM
I just started doing 100 hindu squats after my rides recently. That shit is brutal but keeps my legs feeling fresh after. Been trying to incorporate more body weight exercises into my routine.

jPSVpo4mzNI

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-31-2011, 05:14 PM
thanks for the input from everybody. i hope i can contribute to the thread somehow. but i cant wait any longer for today's, time to do work

redzero
07-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Want to get back to 6% body fat.

Good luck with that.

IronMexican
07-31-2011, 08:44 PM
If you really benched 600 pounds, you should probably get into power lifting, since the world record for 220 ponder is 580 pounds.

florige
07-31-2011, 09:04 PM

No way you are 180ish?

florige
07-31-2011, 09:08 PM
hey florige you want to fight and see how bad you are without your gun and badge?

Nah if you can bench 600lbs I will pass.

florige
07-31-2011, 09:14 PM
i just got outta la penta a couple of years ago homie, some of your fuckboy partners busted a nigga and i'm still out for vengeance. i'd like to take that anger out on a pig like yourself.

I think Ed Helicopter is a state trooper. Take it out on him.

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Florige doesn't even watch scary movies like The exorcism of Emily Rose. They make him cry.

ashbeeigh
07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
No way you are 180ish?

What?! I said I still have 10 pounds to get to my goal weight, silly. I've never said my weight.

florige
07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
so you're not one of those cops who thinks he's a hardass just because of the badge?

Far from it. Mostly the newbees are like that.

SnakeBoy
08-01-2011, 02:46 PM

You're doing it the hard way if you want muscle mass. Start weight training now and eat 6-8 small meals per day consisting of 40% complex carbs 40% protein and 20% healthy fats and you will lose fat faster while gaining muscle mass.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
You're doing it the hard way if you want muscle mass. Start weight training now and eat 6-8 small meals per day consisting of 40% complex carbs 40% protein and 20% healthy fats and you will lose fat faster while gaining muscle mass.

and im the one doing it the hard way?!?!?! jk but for real im not trying to put on too much muscle mass. im just trying to get in shape so that when i go to the pit i can tear it up the hour that im there . i wouldnt mind adding some mass to my back ,lats and legs but im good with my overall mass so the rest of what i need will come in due time. i get too big and ill lose any timing that i might have and would be fighting to high up in weight

also you guys were great motivation the other day. i took off another 38 seconds from my best mile time. today's workout was BRUTAL !

ashbeeigh
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
also you guys were great motivation the other day. i took off another 38 seconds from my best mile time. today's workout was BRUTAL !

Way to go! Are you keeping track of your runs in a journal or online? I have mine on dailymile and then there's runkeeper too. It's nice to be able to look back at November and see I've improved my time by 3 minutes.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Way to go! Are you keeping track of your runs in a journal or online? I have mine on dailymile and then there's runkeeper too. It's nice to be able to look back at November and see I've improved my time by 3 minutes.

no i dont keep a record, i just keep a mental tab going in my head of my best time. its funny though because yall had been talking about ipod music, heart rate matching up ect so i tried the ol mp3 player the other day but only made it 1/8th mile before i turned it off. if you dont have the right beat for your pace, that shit messes you up lol. anyway i get it now.

4>0rings
08-02-2011, 02:06 AM
I'am stepping up my cardio and stepping down my lifting, I would like to have a flat stomach. I'm satisfied with my bulk right now.

5 days a week at the gym. 2 body parts a day, 2 lifting exercises per body part, 2 sets, 8 reps, less reps for more strength. That's about half of what I usually do.

Kicked up the running to 3 miles or about 30-35 mins a day. Then I hit the punching bag another 15-20 mins.

The punching bag will kick your ass! Sucking air, arms dead weight... feels great.

Look like a different person everytime I look in the mirror now.

pawe
08-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Im 5'8 156 lbs skinny as heck but has this small bulge on my stomach. It's so hard to eat plenty to bulk up and maintain a flat gut.

P90x still kicks my butt. I just limit myself to 10 pushups or else I wont finish the workout.
I gotta train for strength before bulking up using free weights.

Plyometrix and kenpo are the only two workouts I like to do.

thispego
08-02-2011, 12:21 PM
pawe you gotta do like 1000 crunches a day to keep that gut away. I used to have the same problem. I do 2.5 miles jog 3-4 times a week and 1000 crunches every day to keep my abs up

thispego
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Did the jog 6 times a week until I got rid of the gut, then cut it in half cause too much cardio is bad for us skinny guys

ToughActinTinactin
08-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I use the ab master.

ManuBalboa
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Ab work/crunches do nothing for getting rid of a gut; that's all nutrition - getting body fat down.

If you already have low BF, weighted ab work will give you deeper grooves between abdominal muscles where as high high rep body/low weight resistance gives you that overall tone look.

thispego
08-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Ab work/crunches do nothing for getting rid of a gut; that's all nutrition - getting body fat down.

If you already have low BF, weighted ab work will give you deeper grooves between abdominal muscles where as high high rep body/low weight resistance gives you that overall tone look.

There's only one way to work out for every person in the world, right manubalboa? :lol

Bro my gut melted away when I followed up my 2.5 miles with the crunches. It was gone after three weeks. Now I continue with the crunches to keep the toned look. Cut/ripped abs/muscles is really for fags. It looks like shit. This is a thread about getting into shape/losing weight, not getting ripped/looking like a faggot meat head who lives in the gym :lmao

lefty
08-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Only 2 weeks back to the gym, and I'm already noticing change

Discipline, bitches !!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Been hovering in the low 190s for the better part of a month now so I think it's time to step up the intensity and variety. Taking advantage of the pool now (when there aren't weird naked guys sunbathing there) and then getting some actual running shoes and getting a jogging program going when the weather gets less brutal.

pawe
08-02-2011, 02:16 PM
pawe you gotta do like 1000 crunches a day to keep that gut away. I used to have the same problem. I do 2.5 miles jog 3-4 times a week and 1000 crunches every day to keep my abs up

Were you trying to bulk up or just toning down? Coz Im thinking cardio would be counterproductive to bulking up.
Im trying to eat close to 4500 calories/day hence the slightly noticeable gut in just 2 months.

lefty
08-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Weird, today I lifted much heavier than last week and it felt too easy....
:wtf

I must be doing something right with my nutrition and sleep

ashbeeigh
09-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Guys, guys, guys...I'm only 5 pounds away from my goal weight.

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/carlton_dance.gif

Ron Popeil
09-04-2011, 12:20 AM
guys, guys, guys...i'm only 5 pounds away from my goal weight.

250?

TDMVPDPOY
09-04-2011, 12:59 AM
lol whats the point of having smaller portions like snacks and meals, when you keep on returning to the kitchen when you finish just to get more :(

4>0rings
09-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Were you trying to bulk up :lmao

Agloco
09-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Guys, guys, guys...I'm only 5 pounds away from my goal weight.

:tu

Koolaid_Man
09-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I will keep it short and sweet...You must have a motivation if you don't I don't care what you do your efforts WILL FAIL..I live in the gym and I've seen it all, but I will say this your looks are 80% of what you eat and 20% based on your workout. You need 30 min of cardio 5 days/wk at high moderate to high intensity with a sustained 20 min effort...

Since you're not a runner I would recommend running sprints...2 min ( if you can) at max effort or as fast as you can go with 30-45 sec rest...Keep doing this until you max out at 1/2 mile. You will build endurance.

Also if you can have a sustained minimum of 20 minute sexual activity every other day this should suffice...but it has to be intense and your partner must make you sweat...I'm not talking about kissing..I'm talking about straight sticking and moving if you know what I mean...

boutons_deux
09-04-2011, 10:00 PM
lol whats the point of having smaller portions like snacks and meals, when you keep on returning to the kitchen when you finish just to get more :(

yes, total calories can still be too high if consumed in 3 meals or in many small snacks. The smaller-but-more-portions is pretty much bullshit.

(quality) calories and a caloric deficit are the critical items to manage.

America is so fucked up that people are so confused, befuddled, so convinced by "experts" that they must have "expert $$$" guidance, that they don't know how to do anything anymore, need bizarre shit like "life coaches" and "parenting classes" and "personal trainers", can't feed themselves a healthy diet and maintain lean weight.

ashbeeigh
09-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Since you're not a runner I would recommend running sprints...2 min ( if you can) at max effort or as fast as you can go with 30-45 sec rest...Keep doing this until you max out at 1/2 mile. You will build endurance.

You obviously didn't read through the thread because I'm up to 4 plus miles. But that's good advice for people starting. I really recommend the couch to 5k program for anyone who wants to start or try to run.

rascal
09-05-2011, 08:51 AM

Good advice here. You cannot target areas of the body and say you will lose weight in those areas for example thinking you can lose a gut because you are doing ab work, you need to lose weight overall in general. So what your eating is important combined with working out.

ashbeeigh
09-05-2011, 10:05 AM
250?

Bitch do I look that big?

Koolaid_Man
09-05-2011, 10:21 AM
You obviously didn't read through the thread because I'm up to 4 plus miles. But that's good advice for people starting. I really recommend the couch to 5k program for anyone who wants to start or try to run.

Ok so you caught me with my hand in the cookie jar...:lol I skimmed it...just get tired of seeing all the advice from people who I suspect are fat couch potatoes or those that hit the gym once a month and are now experts. I suspect most of the folks posting here fall into that category.

I will say this...if you're close to your goal and need that extra push try taking:

L-Carnitine and if you mix it with a Ubiquinone ( the active form of COq10) you should burn much faster...

L-Carnitine in a nut shell pushes fat into the mitochondria (enhances fat metabolism) were it's burned off at a faster rate. Ubiquinone accelerates it even further. I've found that it's helped me tremendously. Results may vary depending on your body...

an ex girl friend sent me this link some time ago:

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/ans/psychology/health_psychology/l-carni.htm