PDA

View Full Version : I would congratulate Lebron but THE MVP Award is Meaningless

Koolaid_Man
05-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Sorry Lebronze...but the Award is a joke and real playas understand that. The only people left in the world that believes in the genuineness of the award are fat, lazy, old, (perhaps white), couch potatoes...

The reasons are simple:

1. Complete lack of clarity over the proper criteria for the award. Ric Bucher stated:

"All the fuss about who is deserving and who isn’t and what makes for an MVP and what doesn’t is akin to debating what length of skirt turns a girl from sexy to a slut. No one ever has defined it and no one ever will. You eyeball the evidence and decide based on your personal tastes."

2. The idea that the media makes the decision “based on personal tastes”. This is perhaps the biggest joke of all. I want to know the credentials of those voting...cats that have never played at any level...they sit around the house can't get no pussy...pot belly's...jacking off all day waiting to cast a MVP vote. If the players and coaches voted this then I'd have no issues with the results and it would be within this context that I could in good faith say a big congrats Lebron...but I won't give these impressionable and fickle media bastards any credit for putting their lips around Lebron's asshole...It's just like All-Star voting...Chinese fans stuffing the ballot box for Yao Ming...

3. The media already votes for the All-NBA Teams, the Defensive Player of the Year, the 6th Man Award, the Rookie of the Year and the Most Improved Award. You know what is missing from that list? The All-NBA Defensive Team. Media members don’t vote on that – coaches do. You know why? Because when it comes to naming great defensive players, the media have no clue.

When Lebron wins a single NBA finals game then come hollar at me about how great he is...I see he has skill but I'm not sold on his greatness...Now his gayness that's a different story...:lmao

nUTnhP3vECY

birdy219
05-02-2010, 06:08 PM
This reeks of "Please love my kobe" butt hurt laker fan networking. :blah:p:
Congrats LeBron. You earned your award. :king

:flag:

An Unbiased Fan
05-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Lebron = Nash = Back 2 Back MVPs without even making the Finals

Kobe = MJ = Snaq = Russell = Back 2 Back Finals MVPs = Legends

PBEEZY
05-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Bron Bron is the best player in the league, the award merely recongises that

DAF86
05-02-2010, 06:16 PM
What do you think? Will Lebron be better than MJ? I never thought I'd say this but he has a chance, he's definitely the only guy on the planet that has a chance to surpass the current GOAT.

TampaDude
05-02-2010, 06:23 PM
What do you think? Will Lebron be better than MJ? I never thought I'd say this but he has a chance, he's definitely the only guy on the planet that has a chance to surpass the current GOAT.

If anyone has that chance, it's LeBron...he needs to win a few titles, though, to go with his insane #s. History remembers the champions.

An Unbiased Fan
05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Lebron looks like the next Oscar. Great stats in a ball dominant system, but not many rings, if any.

RsxPiimp
05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Lebron is a fantastic athlete, easily the best in the game, but he's overrated to the highest degree. Lebron will never exceed Jordan's legacy or accomplishment.

lefty
05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Sorry Lebronze...but the Award is a joke and real playas understand that. The only people left in the world that believes in the genuineness of the award are fat, lazy, old, (perhaps white), couch potatoes...

The reasons are simple:

1. Complete lack of clarity over the proper criteria for the award. Ric Bucher stated:

"All the fuss about who is deserving and who isn’t and what makes for an MVP and what doesn’t is akin to debating what length of skirt turns a girl from sexy to a slut. No one ever has defined it and no one ever will. You eyeball the evidence and decide based on your personal tastes."

2. The idea that the media makes the decision “based on personal tastes”. This is perhaps the biggest joke of all. I want to know the credentials of those voting...cats that have never played at any level...they sit around the house can't get no pussy...pot belly's...jacking off all day waiting to cast a MVP vote. If the players and coaches voted this then I'd have no issues with the results and it would be within this context that I could in good faith say a big congrats Lebron...but I won't give these impressionable and fickle media bastards any credit for putting their lips around Lebron's asshole...It's just like All-Star voting...Chinese fans stuffing the ballot box for Yao Ming...

3. The media already votes for the All-NBA Teams, the Defensive Player of the Year, the 6th Man Award, the Rookie of the Year and the Most Improved Award. You know what is missing from that list? The All-NBA Defensive Team. Media members don’t vote on that – coaches do. You know why? Because when it comes to naming great defensive players, the media have no clue.

When Lebron wins a single NBA finals game then come hollar at me about how great he is...I see he has skill but I'm not sold on his greatness...Now his gayness that's a different story...:lmao

nUTnhP3vECY

:lol

mmmm..... didn't Kobe win the MVP in 2008?

We all know how what happened a few weeks later :lmao

DJ Mbenga
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
all an mvp means you are good enough to make it tot he finals, except if you are steve nash

spursfan1000
05-02-2010, 07:03 PM
I have a feeling that this award would have meant something if Kobe would have won.

BRHornet45
05-02-2010, 07:20 PM
son the award rarely ever goes to the most deserving player and the NBA has only given it to the right player maybe once or twice in probably the last 10 years. just because a team wins more games than others doesn't mean they have the most valuable player. in recent years the real MVP's have been as follows ...

2009-10: Kevin Durant
2008-09: Dwyane Wade
2007-08: Chris Paul
2006-07: Steve Nash
2005-06: Lebron James
2004-05: Shaquille O'Neal
2003-04: Kevin Garnett (NBA got it right)
2002-03: Kevin Garnett (tough one and I hate the guy, but give props)
2001-02: Tim Duncan (NBA got it right)
2000-01: Shaquille O'Neal

Ghazi
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
lol @ trying to promote CpWhistle

Guys a born loser when it comes to the game of basketball.

ChrisRichards
05-02-2010, 09:45 PM
son the award rarely ever goes to the most deserving player and the NBA has only given it to the right player maybe once or twice in probably the last 10 years. just because a team wins more games than others doesn't mean they have the most valuable player. in recent years the real MVP's have been as follows ...

Hard to argue with this list, except 09-10. I think Bron truly deserves it this year.

BanditHiro
05-02-2010, 09:48 PM

okay but the same thing can be said about LeBron this year. they would been at best a 20 win team if they did not have LeBron. who really was going to pick up the slack, Shaq???

BRHornet45
05-02-2010, 09:49 PM
okay but the same thing can be said about LeBron this year. they would be at best a 20 win team if they did not have LeBron. who really was going to pick up the slack, Shaq???

son Lebron and Durant were neck and neck in my opinion with Lebron finishing a close second.

4>0rings
05-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Dirk?

ChrisRichards
05-02-2010, 09:53 PM
okay but the same thing can be said about LeBron this year. they would been at best a 20 win team if they did not have LeBron. who really was going to pick up the slack, Shaq???

20 win is reaching. I think like the Bobcats and the Bucks, the Cavs will fight for the playoffs spot in the East with their sheer hustle, defense and size. Jamison, Mo Williams and JJ Hickson can pick up the scoring. The rest can hustle with the best of them.

Cane
05-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Nah the meaningless award is DPOY. Meaningless because somehow Tim Duncan never won it. Those voters should be ashamed.

BRHornet45
05-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Dirk?

son Dirk didn't deserve his award at all. He may have been a top 5 candidate for a couple of years, but he has never been a dominant power forward like a Duncan, Garnett, etc. .... Dirk was an all star caliber player there is no doubt about that, but in noway a legit MVP. His MVP comes in 2nd place behind only Kobe's for the most undeserving MVP award of the last decade.

BRHornet45
05-02-2010, 10:02 PM
also sons now that I think about it ... both Dirk and Kobe's MVP awards were the two most undeserving over the last decade, well they both also "won" those awards based on pity and sympathy alone.

hitmanyr2k
05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
son Lebron and Durant were neck and neck in my opinion with Lebron finishing a close second.

Gotta disagree. Kevin Durant is a black hole. He doesn't make the game easier for any of his teammates the way Lebron does. I don't know how any player can be MVP averaging more turnovers than assists.

Kai
05-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I see he has skill but I'm not sold on his greatness...Now his gayness that's a different story...:lmao

:nope

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0134802f972f970c-800wi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecfff5a4970b-800wi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecfff7b8970b-800wi

kamikazi_player
05-02-2010, 11:59 PM
^:lmao

DxB
05-03-2010, 02:16 AM
haha stfu laker bitch.

Its a fact, he's the best player in the league and his team won the most games. Theres nothing to debate here.

Also, Dwade - MVP of 2009 regular season, he deserved it waaay more than that other bitch boi

Xevious
05-03-2010, 08:21 AM
I don't get the Lebron hate sometimes. Is he a media whore? Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that he's the best player in the world. Dude averaged 30ppg, 7 assists, and 8 rebounds while shooting 50+ percent. The fact that his team had the best record just seals it. It's a fucking no-brainer.

Now Nash winning an MVP... that raises an eyebrow.

MadDog73
05-03-2010, 12:55 PM
He's no bigger whore than Kobe.

But I don't get it either... these Kobe fans are acting like LeBron is the worst thing since Shaq leaving the Lakers....

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2010, 01:03 PM
The Lebron hate is definitely strange, I agree..

He talks about his teammates in a positive way all the time, he even brought them up to accept the award with him..the media tried to bait him when he was younger into throwing his teammates under the bus, he never did, even when asking for help, he made sure not to name names..he shows a lot of respect to every other team when he's asked, especially the Spurs, so it's strange to me why so many Spurs fans dislike him(even yesterday on the ABC interview, he brought the Spurs up as the team that has impressed him the most in the playoffs so far)..

He's never had any controversy, avoids altercations on the court..yes, he dances and has fun, but he never shows up his opponents to their faces(like a guy like Kobe for instance, taunting Battier)..

A lot of these same people here dislike Dwight Howard because he's athletic, so I guess it isn't that surprising..Laker fans dislike Lebron for obvious reasons, he took the throne from Shaq and Timmy..