PDA

View Full Version : Bacsik Interview on Ticket 760

PeterBurns
05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
FYI,

Talked to Mike Bacsik this weekend, and got him to agree a interview on my show on Tuesday morning. Anything you want me to ask him?
:wakeup

Cant_Be_Faded
05-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Ask him why people call him chewbacsik

EmptyMan
05-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Favorite type of taco

PublicOption
05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Tell him that white assholes like him are why we need our own NFL team.

mookie2001
05-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Tell him that white assholes like him are why we need our own NFL team.:tu

really good question

Ask him why he has a Twitter under his own name if he's not adult enough to handle the Internet. Is it a job requirement? Does he think he's cool?

MaNu4Tres
05-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Ask him how the refs helped the Spurs shoot a better field goal percentage in 5 of the 6 games.

exstatic
05-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Ask him if his ears still stink from his head being so far up his ass.

Creation88
05-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Ask him if his ears still stink from his head being so far up his ass.

LOL

dare him to wear a sombrero, pancho, and dirty Mexican Spurs shirt to Game 3 here......

Fundamental
05-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Ask him WTF made him think that a statement about "dirty mexicans" would be appropriate? Does everyone from Dallas talk like that about San Antonio?

Also, i'd just like to say that as a dirty white guy from San Antonio, i'm offended that he didn't try and insult me.

Would it be appropriate to call someone a ignorant racist diptard over twitter?

4>0rings
05-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Did the hispanic community in Dallas find it offensive?

tp2021
05-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Ask him if he ever expects to get respect again, and if he does, what does he plan on doing to deserve it.

Mikesatx
05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Ask him if he feels he deserved to be fired.

Sense
05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Let him know that Najera is mexican.

bringbackmario
05-02-2010, 08:05 PM
ask him how dirk's fiance is doing

ohmwrecker
05-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Are those white robes and hoods scratchy? They look scratchy.

rayray2k8
05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Ask him what his favorite Mexican plate

Samr
05-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Are those coattails east to hang onto?

Stringer_Bell
05-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Ask him what he thinks about the AZ Immigration Law and if it was introduced in Texas, how many less Spurs fans would there be at the arena for home games?

tp2021
05-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Ask him what he'd like to be remembered for when he dies, and what he thinks he'll be remembered for.

tp2021
05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Ask him "Go fuck yourself?" Ron Burgundy-style.

samikeyp
05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Ask him if i can have his radio job.:)

tp2021
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Ask him "Do you regret making your racial prejudices public?"

easy7
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Ask him if the christians in Dallas are prejudiced agains Mexicans and if he goes goes to the church in the hood or with a hood.

tp2021
05-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Do you think racism still exists in this country?

dbestpro
05-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Ask him what he thinks about the AZ Immigration Law and if it was introduced in Texas, how many less Spurs fans would there be at the arena for home games?

Ask him when is he moving to Arizona to be with the rest of his clansmen, uh er I mean kins men.

ohmwrecker
05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Ask him if he hates all minorities, or just Mexicans.

L.I.T
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Ask him if he's dared to eat in a Mexican restaurant since then.

Chef's special enchiladas just for him.

spursfan1000
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Ask him something.

tp2021
05-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Ask him if he'd like to meet your friend Danny Trejo

Muser
05-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Ask him why he has a fucked up name.

SpursZone
05-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Ask him if he will come to San Antonio and make a public apology to the Hispanic
community. Maybe in front of the At&T Center before the start of game three.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Ask him..

If he hates Mexican food too, or just Mexicans.
If he thinks Drunk-Twittering is the natural progression of Drunk-Dialing.
If he thought about blaming it on hacker.
If he really hates Stern and thinks the league is fixed.
If he's looking for a job in Phoenix.

easy7
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Asking where he is originally from. A name like Bacsik dosen't sound like an Indian American Native's last name so he has to be an immigrant also. Just like Arnold hating on minorities in California being one himself. I am sure Austrian gay men in California are not a majority.

SpursZone
05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Ask him if he can give a baseball clinic at the west side Boys Club.

Dr. Gonzo
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Just tell him to go fuck himself.

Cane
05-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Ask him if he thinks Najera is a "dirty mexican"

Then hang up before he can answer :downspin:

tp2021
05-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Ask him how he feels. Then ask him why anyone should care.

Sisk
05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Let him know that Najera is mexican.

Flux451
05-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Ask him if he can apologize to the entire mexican community and make up for it by working at his local taco bell for a full shift wearing a name tag that reads Joto

mookie2001
05-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Ask what his dad had to say since he's in the trinity hall of fame

I like the west side boys club idea, southside little league or something would be a good question

But just ask him why he has a twitter account in his name

mesothorny
05-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Ask him if he thinks the Mavs getting crammed with chorizo stinks of poetic justice.

PublicOption
05-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Ask him why Mike Taylor is giving you such a hard time when he a racists asshole from Dallas just like you.

PublicOption
05-03-2010, 12:35 AM
edit:

Ask him why Mike Taylor is giving you such a hard time when he is a racist asshole from Dallas just like you.

Dave McNulla
05-03-2010, 01:35 AM
I didn't think he should lose his job over that, but I thought he definitely deserved a punishment.
* Ask him what he thought would have been an appropriate punishment for what he did.
* Ask him if he has done any soul-searching and realized there are faults that he has to correct.
* Ask him what he is going to do to try making it right.

JWest596
05-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Other than radio interviews over this matter until it's forgotten; I don't think he's ever going to get back on the radio again. Who is going to hire him? He's going to be remembered for "DM" the rest of his life.

His career in radio is over. He's no Don Imus either.

Samr
05-03-2010, 09:27 AM
So bacsikly, what you're saying is.....

in2deep
05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
ask him why he hasn't ended his miserable life already and hanged himself yet?

Ryvin1
05-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Ask him if the place inside him where his soul should be is filled human excrement or dog excrement.

wildbill2u
05-03-2010, 11:13 AM
FYI,

Talked to Mike Bacsik this weekend, and got him to agree a interview on my show on Tuesday morning. Anything you want me to ask him?
:wakeup

Who IS Mike Bacsik and why should anyone care to interview him? One racist twitter does not a celebrity make.

Whisky Dog
05-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Fucking ratings whore.

Fuck you for putting a mic in front of this bitch again.

tmtcsc
05-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey Peter, no offense but is this interview really necessary ? This is really no longer a topic is it ? I mean what can the guy say ? "I'm sorry" ? He got drunk, let his venom out via twitter and managed to insult a whole race. Perhaps we should just move on.

He let his alcohol and emotions get the best of him and it cost him. Let him just fade away and deal with patching up his life. I'm sure he's sorry for what he said and will have to live with it the rest of his life. I'm not so sure we'll ever know if he's a racist or not but I really don't care. That's his problem.

NRHector
05-04-2010, 07:44 AM
is anybody listening the show bruce is pissed off

to21
05-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Wow....Bruce really let him have it. At least now some of the folks here in SA and surrounding communities heard the interview so we can put this thing to bed.

Taco
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM

Damn !!! :wow

MaNu4Tres
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM

Yeah Bruce was pissed and still is pissed.

And I don't blame him. What Bascik said wasn't because he was drunk, those feelings had be instilled in him for him to go to as far as he went publicly.

Bascik didn't reach out to Burns and put forth the effort to show how truly sorry he was. It seems like Burns reached out to him for ratings purposes.

smrattler
05-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Peter, you were asking softball questions.

Thank god Bruce was there to say what I was thinking. This guy stood idle to see how much he'd be punished first. Not until he lost his job and had nothing to stand on did he allow S.A.'s only real sports station to ask him to be on the air to help him rebuild. If he'd not been fired, he wouldn't be allowing anyone to "reach out"

Way to go Bruce.

PS: Let's put it to bed already.

sa_butta
05-04-2010, 08:10 AM
that was awesome, Bacsik had nothing to say.

maxpower
05-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I lost respect for Bruce Bowen. He was childish and immature. I expected him to discuss this like an adult. He proclaims his faith yet ignores the pillar of forgiveness. I think in his mind, bruce was not listening to bacsik one bit. Bacsik stated he had reached out to big brother, he had contacted Lulac and discussed with his pastor, yet bruce had the gall to take issue with something as inconsequential as to Peter making contact with bacsik rather than the other way around. Furthermore bruce then stated that bacsik has not done enough to show his actions are stronger than words.
I love bruce as a spur but I definitely disagree with the way he comported himself today and daresay was embarrassed by his close-mindedness.

MoSpur
05-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I thought the way Bruce went about his feelings was immature like MaxPower said. He should've let the man talk after asking him questions. You don't do that when the guy is trying to explain. Whether he's being sincere or not doesn't matter. If Bruce didn't think this guy was really sorry for what he said/did then that's Bruce's right, but don't be rude while Peter is trying to do the interview. I thought Bruce was better than that. This Mike guy obviously made a mistake and now he's trying to make it all better by agreeing on a radio show here in San Antonio. I'm Mexican and honestly didn't have a problem with Peter reaching out to him to see if he would come on and just say he was sorry.

I wasn't offended too much when he said what he said and I'm Mexican. I thought it was stupid and showed who he really was somewhat. I thought he was an idiot for what he said and he's obviously paid for by losing his job and whatever else has come his way since all that. He apologized and now its up to those who got offended to either accept it or not. I'm not gonna lose sleep because this former baseball player, former radio show producer who I have no idea who he is made a racist remark while he was drunk. Was I shocked and somewhat offended at first? Yeah, but as the day went on I got over it because its not true and doesn't really affect me.

Bruce was being rude and classless. He should've just said, "hey I thought what you did was wrong and don't really believe you're being sincere with your apology and therefore I don't care for it." End of discussion. However, he kept interrupting and acting rude not only towards that Mike guy, but to Peter as well who was just doing his job.

I personally think Peter and the Ticket 760 wanted the interview for ratings obviously, but so what? That's what they're suppose to do. Get ratings.

Anyways, lets all get over it and move on.

nkdlunch
05-04-2010, 09:34 AM
explain what? that he is a racist asshole? how do you explain that?

fuck that bitch. now go die somewhere.

to21
05-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I don't have a problem with what Bruce was giving Bascik. I agree he's paid enough for his mistake but some folks are still upset with what he said (not me).

1usamotorsports.com
05-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Bruce gave it to him. Good job bruce.

Cane
05-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Available for download here under Morning Drive: http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

If there's one person that is used to be calling dirty its Bruce Bowen ;) It was cool that he was on and Bowen basically summed up what most people think on this: Mike's an insincere racist idiot.

As a public figure, even a shitty one, he should look into helping a Hispanic organization if he wants to make real actions than just words imo.

The host of the show said all the wrong things..."I can relate"...dumbass.

tmtcsc
05-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I was surprised by the way Bruce acted as well. While I agree 100 % that this interview DID NOT need to happen, Bruce should have just said his peace and walked out. No need to get in to it with Peter on air.

I think Bruce was trying to send a message to Peter too. The message was "You are a ratings whore and sold yourself out to provide an idiot a forum to clean up his image".

Blake
05-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I like Bruce, but he was acting like a completely clueless idiot.

Calling out Bacsik was one thing, but calling out Peter for getting the guy on air to explain himself was another.

I also really wanted to hear what that idiot Bacsik had to say but Bruce wouldn't shut the fuck up. Just stupid.

Death In June
05-04-2010, 12:14 PM
"You are a ratings whore and sold yourself out to provide an idiot a forum to clean up his image".Really tired of the racist white guy sympathizers, and that includes those certain radio hosts lobbing soft ball questions.

purist
05-04-2010, 12:27 PM
all about the ratings.

if its not this guy with his ethnic slurrs, it's all about sexual deviant tiger woods, or cheaters using steroids, rothlisberger sexual exploits in bars, ect. ect. ...

we complain about it, but we still listen.

easy7
05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Bruce was right on the money with what he said. I agree with him. If that is sports radio then talk sports, we don't need any racist's interviews, shwing king or internet hotties bullshit.

SAtown
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Bruce sounded kinda dumb and didn't even make sense. But whatever, it was basically just a chance to publicly humiliate this guy. Personally, I thought him being fired was more than enough punishment for being a dumbass. Thank God us Mexicans don't have a "leader" like Al Sharpton to blow this shit even more out of proportion.

King
05-04-2010, 02:01 PM
We live in a victim's society. Everybody wants to be offended nowadays - everyone wants to be wronged and play the victim's role. They were words, and they were stupid, and Bacsik is paying the price for it - as he should be. But me saying someone is a 'dirty mexican' doesn't make them one. So, take it at face value - which isn't much - and move on.

Read the boards around here. People call each other much worse things than 'dirty mexican' for no reason at all. How is that different than what Bacsik said? Does the anonymity of a message board cancel out the character behind saying the words?

Blake
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Read the boards around here. People call each other much worse things than 'dirty mexican' for no reason at all. How is that different than what Bacsik said? Does the anonymity of a message board cancel out the character behind saying the words?

character-wise, it's not any different.

employment-wise it is.

MadGymSkillz
05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Bruce was right on the money with what he said. I agree with him. If that is sports radio then talk sports, we don't need any racist's interviews, shwing king or internet hotties bullshit.

It was all over sports radio last week, not just 760. The only reason this made big news here was because it was directed to us as a result of the Spurs winning. Thats the only thing that made it "sports" related but it was discussed everywhere. I find it entertaining to hear what this guy has to say, isnt that why we listen to radio and watch t.v., to be entertained.

King
05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
character-wise, it's not any different.

employment-wise it is.

Agreed - and that's why I said 'he's paying the price, as he should be.' I'm just crucifying him about WHAT he said, when there's worse stuff said here on a daily basis.

MoSpur
05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't have a problem with Bruce speaking is mind. That's why they have him on the show so that he share what he has in his mind. However, it was how he went about it. He was being kind of obnoxious and rude. He could've just let the guy say what he wanted to say and then once he was done he could've responded. Simple as that.

in2deep
05-04-2010, 02:40 PM
this piece of shit didn't even apologize to Mexicans :lol

he can always go work for the KKK radio network

in2deep
05-04-2010, 02:40 PM
and good job Bruce. the only one who kept it real in that whole interview

cheguevara
05-04-2010, 02:44 PM
this thread proves peterburns is a whore

dickface
05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I wonder how much trouble George Lopez would get in if he ever drunk tweeted about dirty Caucasians.

cheguevara
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I wonder how much trouble George Lopez would get in if he ever drunk tweeted about dirty Caucasians.

Never gonna happen. When white folks get drunk they tweet.

when mexicans get drunk they either fuck or fight.

dickface
05-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Never gonna happen. When white folks get drunk they tweet.

when mexicans get drunk they either fuck or fight.

wow, that's racist.

DarrinS
05-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Bruce sounded kinda dumb and didn't even make sense. But whatever, it was basically just a chance to publicly humiliate this guy. Personally, I thought him being fired was more than enough punishment for being a dumbass. Thank God us Mexicans don't have a "leader" like Al Sharpton to blow this shit even more out of proportion.

truth

Spurminator
05-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Hopefully Bacsik's 1,700 Twitter followers can rest easy now.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-04-2010, 07:10 PM
tell him to fuck off

Sisk
05-04-2010, 07:18 PM
who's this bruce everyone's talking about? bruce bowen? or some random co host?

Cane
05-04-2010, 07:23 PM
who's this bruce everyone's talking about? bruce bowen? or some random co host?

Yea, Bruce Bowen.

PeterBurns
05-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Good thread here peeps.

To address why I booked Bacsik on the show. It was a local story, regional story, and made some national headlines. It had a sports foundation, and it was directed towards San Antonio. So of course It was a topic worth having.

Regarding whoring out for topics, it's not as if I had Bacsik on the show to put on a pity party. If anything I didn't really have a stance. I wanted to conduct the interview, ask him what happened, and take us through what the **** he was thinking. If you are going to rip me for having him on, then rip every other network, and Tv show for booking controversial guests. I stand by it 100%.

Regarding Bruce's behaviour, he made it clear that he didn't agree that we booked him before the show, he could have them opted to bow out, and let us go on. But Bruce being Bruce decided to chime in, and take a stance. It's unfortunate, because the interview was not about taking a stance. We all know the guy is in idiot, but I wanted people here in town to put a voice to the apology. When I read his quotes in the paper, I thought it was an awfully easy out for him to say he was sorry to a reporter. Hence why I invited him on.

I'm with everyone of you and agree that this guy was an idiot, but to play the holier than thou act on his apology and not let the man talk was bush league.

NRHector
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Good thread here peeps.

To address why I booked Bacsik on the show. It was a local story, regional story, and made some national headlines. It had a sports foundation, and it was directed towards San Antonio. So of course It was a topic worth having.

Regarding whoring out for topics, it's not as if I had Bacsik on the show to put on a pity party. If anything I didn't really have a stance. I wanted to conduct the interview, ask him what happened, and take us through what the **** he was thinking. If you are going to rip me for having him on, then rip every other network, and Tv show for booking controversial guests. I stand by it 100%.

Regarding Bruce's behaviour, he made it clear that he didn't agree that we booked him before the show, he could have them opted to bow out, and let us go on. But Bruce being Bruce decided to chime in, and take a stance. It's unfortunate, because the interview was not about taking a stance. We all know the guy is in idiot, but I wanted people here in town to put a voice to the apology. When I read his quotes in the paper, I thought it was an awfully easy out for him to say he was sorry to a reporter. Hence why I invited him on.

I'm with everyone of you and agree that this guy was an idiot, but to play the holier than thou act on his apology and not let the man talk was bush league.did you and Bruce make up or he's still upset?

TheGodfather
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe Bruce and his wife should go beat him up.

What a tool.

purist
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Good thread here peeps.

I'm with everyone of you and agree that this guy was an idiot, but to play the holier than thou act on his apology and not let the man talk was bush league.

Fair enough, but can you get Andy to quit talking golf in the middle of a Spurs playoff run? I mean geez... the other day Andy's ranting about something Tiger related so i switch over to Mike and Mike and Jalen Rose is on talking about the Spurs. REally? it shouldn't be that way. local show talking tiger while national show talking spurs.

But Andy has a point when he asks why do Tiger, Rothlisberger, Steve Howe, etc. get a pass for their actions, which are far more despicable and unethical than Bacsik's. I'll tell you why, because those bad characters win tournaments, throw touchdowns and strikeouts. Bacsik gives us nothing. If he was the sixth man on the Spurs bench, we would have laughed off his comments as boys being boys, as long as he defended and rebounded.

as intolerant as we appear to be with remarks like Bacsik's, the reality is we care more about the scoreboard than we do character. And if the Spurs had character but no championships, we would still be calling them soft. That's just the way we are as sports fans... sick.

just saying.

Jimmy Bobby
05-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Another excellent guest on Ticket 760!

K-State Spur
05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
But Andy has a point when he asks why do Tiger, Rothlisberger, Steve Howe, etc. get a pass for their actions, which are far more despicable and unethical than Bacsik's.

Actually, that's not a good point at all.

First of all, none of those guys were given a 'pass.' The latter 2 faced suspensions for their issues while Tiger has lost large amounts of money in endorsements and has had his image forever tarnished.

Second, they work in different fields. If any of those guys worked in radio as a "personality" where their persona was a big part of their job, their transgressions might have cost them employment as well. They work in a different field though that is (more) dependent on performance and not image. It's the nature of the beast.

John Rocker faced a 2-week suspension for his comments, but he would have stayed in baseball for years if he could get anybody out.

4>0rings
05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Tiger got a pass? :lmao

Creation88
05-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Good thread here peeps.

so you admit that you booked him for publicity and nothing else? because that's what i see it as.

rayray2k8
05-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Well at least they didn't talk about Tiger Woods. :rolleyes

Spurminator
05-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Wait, so you guys are cool with (1) flooding his employer with emails and calls to have him fired over comments he made off the air and (2) devoting news time and commentary to those comments and the resulting punishment... but you're not okay with giving him a few minutes of air time to explain himself to the people his comments were directed at?

Pretty weak. What are you afraid of?

DesignatedT
05-05-2010, 12:05 AM
lol wow i just listened to this. bruce just wouldn't drop it. Peter definitely took the high road. I appreciated you having him on Peter... I was interested in seeing what he had to say. :tu

ClingingMars
05-05-2010, 01:09 AM
LOL Bruce kicked his ass. Unleashing the elite perimeter defender within.

ElNono
05-05-2010, 01:43 AM
The only thing that was bush league was to reward that racist idiot by giving him free publicity on the radio...

I Love Me Some Me
05-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Good thread here peeps.

It seems what put Bruce over the edge was the same thing that made me completely uninterested in the interview. When you started asking him questions that invited him to tell the story of the timeline of events of how he got fired, I got the feeling that you were laying the groundwork for him to try and build some empathy. I don't really care what his boss said to him on what day, or what color socks he was wearing when he got the bad news. If you truly wanted to "put a voice to the apology" then let the guy apologize, and let him go. You gave him more attention than he deserved, more time than he needed, and the conversation went from his apology to his story. I was only semi-interested in his apology, and had zero interest in his story. You gave him a forum that he didn't deserve. I get the feeling it was something YOU wanted to do, personally, and not something you did in the interest of your listeners, or the "dirty mexicans" who were insulted by this jackass.

And your "holier than thou" comment is misdirected. I got the apology, but I didn't get the interest in his story. You chose "creative radio" and "controversial guests" over having the back of what probably amounts to 90% of your listener base. Maybe you're not in tune enough with anyone Bacsik considers a "dirty Mexican" to understand how hate-filled and offensive a comment like "dirty Mexican" is. Fault Bruce for how he handled himself on-air, but at least he had the stones to defend a community that has supported him without hesitation or bias.

Whisky Dog
05-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Fucking ratings whore.

Fuck you for putting a mic in front of this bitch again.

in2deep
05-05-2010, 09:29 AM
The only thing that was bush league was to reward that racist idiot by giving him free publicity on the radio...

I agree this topic should have died with the Mavericks.

But this guy didn't even apologize to Mexicans. He just said "im sorry" like a regular idiot. Maybe that's what pissed Bruce off.

mexicanjunior
05-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Good thread here peeps.

I wanted to hear what the guy had to say and wanted in on what happened behind the scenes of the Ticket during his firing...Bruce ruined it with his grand standing.

Props to you for booking the interview and at least trying to get something better than the corporate apology statements that have been floated out about this whole situation. I love Bruce for helping us win 3 titles but, if he is going to go into 8 year old tantrum mode, maybe talk radio isn't his forte. I'm sure ESPN will let him state his opinions free of controversial guest booking.