PDA

View Full Version : just wondering...where are the geniuses...

silverblk mystix
05-02-2010, 07:21 PM
who called themselves spurs fans...

and kept saying that the spurs were a ---

ONE and DONE team this year????

you KNOW who you are

Juanobili
05-02-2010, 07:22 PM
this is gonna be locked.... right?

I hope so.

big daddy russ
05-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Right here. I didn't "keep saying it," but I thought we were one and done. My boys proved me wrong.

silverblk mystix
05-02-2010, 07:59 PM
respect...

you manned up and admitted it

Sense
05-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Oh stfu already.... there's too many of these threads.....

ohmwrecker
05-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I've learned the hard way that these "call out" threads don't work. The know-it-all, high post count jackasses are too full of hubris to ever admit that they are wrong. And if they do, it comes attached with a plethora of excuses and caveats.
Also, it's just a message board . . . so, who gives a shit? You are right though. A lot of people talk some shit on here.

silverblk mystix
05-02-2010, 08:09 PM
not trying to be a dik...

but to clarify...

it is one thing to say...that you have a feeling the spurs are not gonna win it all...or that the spurs need this or that....or even that another team is playing better...

but to state ---as if it were a fact---

that the spurs have no chance---or that they should avoid this team or that one---because they have no chance---

or that they are one and done no matter who they play is kinda lame...IMHO...

mookie2001
05-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Why don't you bump a thread or quote someone OP?

instead of calling out nobody

m33p0
05-02-2010, 10:00 PM
the hell?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3639/3348558831_67d34ebcd2_o.jpg

L.I.T
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Meh.

If the Spurs flame out this round, there will be threads about how this was a wasted season since they didn't win and the Spurs should have just tanked for a higher pick blah blah blah.

Hell, if the Spurs win a championship you'll still get those types of threads.

Who cares? Fans are fans, which means (generally speaking) short sighted and emotionally driven.

By the way, making a general thread to call out everybody, which basically means nobody, ain't gonna cut it...especially since the 2nd round hasn't even started yet.

Interrohater
05-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Weak. I hate these pathetic "see? I was right and you were wrong" threads. Every time I see one I can't help but think of 5 year old kids. I'm surprised you didn't use the obligatory, "All year long I've been saying..."

mookie2001
05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Weak. I hate these pathetic "see? I was right and you were wrong" threads. Every time I see one I can't help but think of 5 year old kids. I'm surprised you didn't use the obligatory, "All year long I've been saying..." yeah but the i told you so shit is the nature of a message board, what's even worse when they don't actually name any poster or link to any thread. Just a worthless thread from nobody, scoffing nobody

TDMVPDPOY
05-02-2010, 11:54 PM
i said it all season, get the team to the playoffs and see what this can do with its roster whether healthy or not....

BillMc
05-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Meh.

If the Spurs flame out this round, there will be threads about how this was a wasted season since they didn't win and the Spurs should have just tanked for a higher pick blah blah blah.

Hell, if the Spurs win a championship you'll still get those types of threads.

Who cares? Fans are fans, which means (generally speaking) short sighted and emotionally driven.

By the way, making a general thread to call out everybody, which basically means nobody, ain't gonna cut it...especially since the 2nd round hasn't even started yet.

Well said.

easjer
05-03-2010, 08:02 AM
:rolleyes

Gosh, I sure hope you feel better now. You win, you're a better fan than other people or something.

In March, I wasn't sure they'd make the playoffs, let alone win a series, let alone win a series against a team that was playing better and had a huge emotional investment in winning.

By all means though, continue feeling superior and calling out no one.

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2010, 08:07 AM
captain obvious

MaNu4Tres
05-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Pop finally played the team the right way in the first round. He kept Bogans, Bonner and Mason out of the starting line-up and started Manu.

This Spurs team has several all star level players that can score and defend in multiple ways. If Pop were to throw in Bogans, Mason or Bonner for etended minutes, or play them at the same time (as he did in the regular season) during the Mavs series, the Spurs would have lost.

MarCowMar
05-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I was one of the doubters as we took a dive mid season. Wow was I wrong and damn am I happy they've pulled it together.

Fabbs
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah what was different about this years series with Dallas?
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/666-4.jpg

rayray2k8
05-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Oh that right. I remember you lead the charge the entire year and said that the spurs would come back.
Shut the fuck up noob, no one expected the spurs to play this well by playoff time. After what happened in late Febuary and March, no one could have predicted this.
But thanks for the reminder. :rolleyes

in2deep
05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Oh that right. I remember you lead the charge the entire year and said that the spurs would come back.
Shut the fuck up noob, no one expected the spurs to play this well by playoff time. After what happened in late Febuary and March, no one could have predicted this.
But thanks for the reminder. :rolleyes

many ppl here predicted Spurs in 6 and still beleived after March.

z0sa
05-03-2010, 10:29 AM
lol no one could have predicted this, I expected the Spurs to contend for a title all season and they're doing just that now. They did well in their late season stretch and Parker got plenty of rest for his nagging injuries. Overall, we're riding the wave now and it doesn't look to crest for some time yet.

Everyone who called the Spurs an easy first round exit, or wanted us to tank out of the playoffs for a fucking draft pick should call themselves out publicly and admit to being a bandwagoner.

tmtcsc
05-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I imagine some of those geniuses may play for the Spurs. If you thought the Spurs were headed towards a good playoff run earlier this year then you are blind. They weren't playing good basketball, they had no chemistry and no dedication to defense. What they had was a willingness to keep trying.

Please don't start an idiotic thread saying that you were some sort of prophet and knew that the Spurs were going to pull it all together. If you did, it was all based on blind faith and chance. We only have 4 players on this current team that won a ring and that includes Matt Bonner. There was no guarantee that they could get past the first round.

And for the record, I never said they were one and done but I certainly never saw the intensity and competitiveness that the Spurs displayed in round 1. That gives me hope that they can continue to get better. I know this, the Spurs better not look past the team in front of them. This is not the same Suns team from the past. While not as talented as past Suns teams, they have great chemistry and are playing better defense.

rascal
05-03-2010, 11:27 AM
lol no one could have predicted this, I expected the Spurs to contend for a title all season and they're doing just that now. They did well in their late season stretch and Parker got plenty of rest for his nagging injuries. Overall, we're riding the wave now and it doesn't look to crest for some time yet.

Everyone who called the Spurs an easy first round exit, or wanted us to tank out of the playoffs for a fucking draft pick should call themselves out publicly and admit to being a bandwagoner.

I still would want the lottery draft pick. There will be no title this year.

benefactor
05-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Beating the Mavs in the playoffs>>>>lottery pick this year.

z0sa
05-03-2010, 11:38 AM

You'd trade a bright outlook on the rest of the postseason with a great chance at the title; defeating the Mavs fairly handily; Peter Holt making cash back on his investments; and possibly, a title for a couple picks higher in the draft?

Here's one of those "geniuses", OP.

Jimcs50
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
who called themselves spurs fans...

and kept saying that the spurs were a ---

ONE and DONE team this year????

you KNOW who you are

present

:p:

z0sa
05-03-2010, 11:42 AM
If you don't enjoy watching basketball, just the one moment your team holds up a title, you like sports for the wrong reason. It's entertainment, and beating the Mavs was a ton more than I'd have had if the Spurs sucked their ass out of the playoffs late.

rascal
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Beating the Mavs in the playoffs>>>>lottery pick this year.

No. The lottery pick is better than losing in the WCF to the Lakers.

Its only better if it leads to a title this year and that is not going to happen with the team the spurs have now.

Getting a lottery pick is better for putting the team on track for a title next year. There will be no title this year. The spurs frontcourt is still too weak.

Jimcs50
05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
But in my defense, I posted that when the Spurs were sucking big ones and looking like a shell of their former selves....by seasons end, I changed my mind and in fact, I put my money where my mouth was and bet $100 American to win $350 on Spurs winning series in 6 games on my betting site....i collect tonight at my poker game from the site owner.

:toast

benefactor
05-03-2010, 11:47 AM
No. The lottery pick is better than losing in the WCF to the Lakers.

Its only better if it leads to a title this year and that is not going to happen with the team the spurs have now.

Getting a lottery pick is better for putting the team on track for a title next year. There will be no title this year. The spurs frontcourt is still too weak.
So a lottery pick is better than beating Dallas and Phoenix in the playoffs? Whatever, Laker fan.

z0sa
05-03-2010, 11:48 AM
:lol only a truly tortured soul denies himself entertainment from his favorite pro team just because they aren't on the odds on favorite.

rascal
05-03-2010, 11:49 AM
So a lottery pick is better than beating Dallas and Phoenix in the playoffs? Whatever, Laker fan.

Yes. A lottery pick with a chance to get a top 3 pick will work better towards a title next year then losing this year in the WCF and picking 20.

z0sa
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
We could absolutely win a title this year, even if we play both Cavs and LA.

rascal
05-03-2010, 11:51 AM
We could absolutely win a title this year, even if we play both Cavs and LA.

Not happening. Mark it down. You are being delusional. The Dallas series was closer than you think. A couple of possesions that go the other way in a couple of games and the Spurs season is over.

Mel_13
05-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Not happening. Mark it down. You are being delusional. The Dallas series was closer than you think. A couple of possesions that go the other way in a couple of games and the Spurs season is over.

You could say the exact same thing about the OKC-LA series.

rascal
05-03-2010, 11:56 AM

I am not a Laker fan. I do believe the Lakers are coming out of the west tough.

The spurs will have a better shot next year but that is if they add the right players to upload the frontline and thats why the high lottery pick goes further to getting the Spurs closer to a title then losing this year in the WCF.

z0sa
05-03-2010, 11:58 AM
There has never been a team to go 16-0 and win the title. A "couple possessions here or there" is what wins titles. Sometimes, a couple possessions here or there is the only difference between contenders.

:lol just stop watching, you don't want to.

rascal
05-03-2010, 12:00 PM
You could say the exact same thing about the OKC-LA series.

Not at all. The lakers toyed with OKC. They did the same against Houston in the first round last year. When they need to step on the gas they did. OKC was not even close to the lakers level.

Dallas and the Spurs are close.

Mel_13
05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Not at all. The lakers toyed with OKC. They did the same against Houston in the first round last year. When they need to step on the gas they did. OKC was not even close to the lakers level.

Dallas and the Spurs are close.

Game 2 and Game 6 were decided in the final possession. Spin it any way you like, but those are the facts.

As to your contention that a late lottery pick would have been preferable to a run the conference finals, at least you're consistent. A member of a tiny minority, but consistent. I'm certain that no part of ownership, management or current players would share your view.

rascal
05-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Game 2 and Game 6 were decided in the final possession. Spin it any way you like, but those are the facts.

As to your contention that a late lottery pick would have been preferable to a run the conference finals, at least you're consistent. A member of a tiny minority, but consistent. I'm certain that no part of ownership, management or current players would share your view.

Who says it will be a late lottery pick. With some luck it could even be a top 3 pick but anyways it would have been a pick better than 20.

No way a healthy laker team goes down to OKC and it did not happen.

Mel_13
05-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Who says it will be a late lottery pick.

Math says.

If the Spurs had missed the playoffs, they would have gone into the lottery with the best record of the 14 lottery teams. As such, they would have had about a 1% chance of moving up to a top 3 pick. Otherwise, they would have picked 14th.

You may find a 1% chance at a top three pick worth the price of missing out on a deep playoff run, but you are in a very tiny minority. To your credit, you have maintained that very lonely point of view with very little equivocation. You may be monumentally wrong, but you do have the courage of your convictions.

silverblk mystix
05-03-2010, 01:43 PM

THIS is EXACTLY why I started this thread---and IF the spurs were to go all the way----I don't see a reason why THIS poster---or posters like this should not be called out---

he said---there will be no title this year---as if it is a FACT---yet he calls himself a spurs fan---

criticise me all you want---

I just wanted to see if there were still spurs fans out there---who were still giving the spurs NO CHANCE

as for the stfu noob and other stfu posters---god bless you and your family...

mexicanjunior
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
If the Spurs had beaten any other team in the playoffs besides the Mavs or Lakers in the 1st round, I would have taken the lottery pick. Since we beat that a-hole Cuban and saw Frankenstein face pout...it was worth it.

easjer
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
a) The Spurs have not gone all the way. When and if they do so, you feel free to call whomever you like out.

b) It is possible to be a fan of a team and still think they do not have what it takes to win it all because you are not a blind homer and are willing to admit the team you support has flaws or that another team is possibly playing better.

c) Don't take fan-dom so freaking seriously. You will stress yourself out. If you want to root for the Spurs, do so. Don't worry about calling out other people because you think they are lesser fans than yourself.

coyotes_geek
05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
We're all happy the Spurs got their act together and made it past the 1st round. But I don't see how someone can pile on those who doubted the Spurs were anything more than first round fodder because up until late march that's exactly what they looked like.

rascal
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Math says.

If the Spurs had missed the playoffs, they would have gone into the lottery with the best record of the 14 lottery teams. As such, they would have had about a 1% chance of moving up to a top 3 pick. Otherwise, they would have picked 14th.

You may find a 1% chance at a top three pick worth the price of missing out on a deep playoff run, but you are in a very tiny minority. To your credit, you have maintained that very lonely point of view with very little equivocation. You may be monumentally wrong, but you do have the courage of your convictions.

Don't tell me about math and %s. I have an engineerinbg degree so I have taken lots of math. A small chance at a top 3 pick is better than no chance and a pick at 20 and getting beat by the lakers.

I have already thought about the %s and still would have rather been in the lottery because I do not believe the spurs will get past the lakers this year.

The higher the draft pick the better the chance to get an impact player which is better for next years team and the future. The spurs need a couple of solid contributers on the fontline and a high draft pick works to get one, the rest of the team is stacked with talent.

Mel_13
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Don't tell me about math and %s. I have an engineerinbg degree so I have taken lots of math. A small chance at a top 3 pick is better than no chance and a pick at 20 and getting beat by the lakers.
:lol

So you know the math is right. I don't know why you're getting so mad.

As I said, that is your opinion and not a fact. I gave you credit for resolutely holding to an opinion shared by only a tiny few without wavering. You may be wrong, but you're not a hypocrite.

Mixability
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Another one?

Sisk
05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Isn't it Dr. Gonzo who literally has to eat shit if the Spurs get to the WCF?

Doe
05-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Isn't it Dr. Gonzo who literally has to eat shit if the Spurs get to the WCF?

I hope this is put on YouTube.

The Spurs actually got themselves into a great position as far as the draft goes. They've got a relatively low pick with a chance to make a deep playoff run. Some lottery level pick might end up falling to them anyway and they are guaranteed at least two more home games for revenue. That's much better than a 1% shot at the lottery, easily.

As for the OP, did anyone imagine the Spurs doing shit after the all-star break? Pop had chosen a rotation that featured the Centerpiece and Bonner starters. That would have gotten the Spurs swept. Manu not regaining his pre-injury form would have doomed the Spurs anyway. I find it hard to believe anyone could have realistically predicted so many things to fall into play like they did. If you believed, it was blind faith and good for you if you did.

I thought the Spurs were doomed in the first round (if they made it) after watching them have to hack-a-Ben a lottery bound Pistons team just to get the game into OT. No defense, TD struggling, horrible rotations, etc. You can still cheer for the team and watch all the games even if you think they won't do shit in the post season. Many of us will be doing so once Timmy hangs it up.

mingus
05-03-2010, 03:13 PM
i think this is really lame. instead of just calling these people out, what needs to be done is we need to find out the locations of those who lost hope and make them "sleep with the fishes."

ohmwrecker
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
A small chance at a top 3 pick is better than no chance and a pick at 20 and getting beat by the lakers.

Top 3?! You're out of your mind. You're also wrong. The revenue from a deep playoff run is more important to Peter Holt than moving up a couple of spots in the draft.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
OP forgot to post up why he's a better fan than everyone else. Can't have a "I have 12 posts and you guys all suck" thread without it. Got a picture of your dad's season tickets or of your douche cousin holding a championship ring? That should do it.

Dice
05-03-2010, 06:29 PM

I have already thought about the %s and still would have rather been in the lottery because I do not believe the spurs will get past the lakers this year.

The higher the draft pick the better the chance to get an impact player which is better for next years team and the future. The spurs need a couple of solid contributers on the fontline and a high draft pick works to get one, the rest of the team is stacked with talent.

Let's say the Spurs were to get the first pick in the draft. Who would you have them take that would be an automatic solid front line contributor? Oden, Thabeet, Kwame Brown? The chances of them coming away with a NBA ready big man that would immediately have a big impact might be smaller than the chance of them getting the number one pick.

admiralsnackbar
05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Let's say the Spurs were to get the first pick in the draft. Who would you have them take that would be an automatic solid front line contributor? Oden, Thabeet, Kwame Brown? The chances of them coming away with a NBA ready big man that would immediately have a big impact might be smaller than the chance of them getting the number one pick.

He said "impact player," not "big." Given Splitter really does appear to be on his way in, and we have Dice, Tim, and Blair on the books for 1 year minimum, we'd have the luxury on focusing on finding a talented 2-3 or 3-4, of whom there are more to choose.

I have to admit I was on-board with accepting our squad was not ready for genuine contention and vying for the lottery, but am pleasantly surprised so far. That said, Phoenix will be tougher than Dallas, and the Lakers may be tougher, still.

tlongII
05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
It's only May!

Mel_13
05-03-2010, 09:15 PM
It's only May!

May 4, 2003. Remember the date?

Tomorrow will mark the 7th anniversary of the last game played by the Portland Trail Blazers in the month of May.

silverblk mystix
05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
...fuck it...I don't mind being called a homer..it is what I am...

but I never meant to imply that I was squeaky clean---I was just wondering what the response would be...I was a bit annoyed at Pop myself----but I always said---

Pop and the spurs should be judged at the end of the season---and NOT written off....

but yeah...I am a homer

why is that bad---????---I don't get it...

rascal
05-04-2010, 11:15 AM
A homer cannot be taken seriously because he only sees what he wants to see.

silverblk mystix
05-04-2010, 11:51 AM
A homer cannot be taken seriously because he only sees what he wants to see.

is this your definition....

I thought a homer was someone who believed---regardless...

if I am a homer---what does that make you?

someone who calls himself a spurs fan---but has more belief in the lakers????

rascal
05-05-2010, 04:34 AM
is this your definition....

I thought a homer was someone who believed---regardless...

if I am a homer---what does that make you?

someone who calls himself a spurs fan---but has more belief in the lakers????

The Lakers are the better team. A homer can't admit that.

silverblk mystix
05-05-2010, 05:00 AM
The Lakers are the better team. A homer can't admit that.

maybe last year---when the spurs did not have a complete team---the lakers were a better team...

this year if they meet and both teams are healthy---THEN we will know who the better team is....but YOU ALREADY have that laker belief---BEFORE ---they even play---yet you call me a homer....

ummm...ok

rascal
05-05-2010, 05:54 AM
maybe last year---when the spurs did not have a complete team---the lakers were a better team...

this year if they meet and both teams are healthy---THEN we will know who the better team is....but YOU ALREADY have that laker belief---BEFORE ---they even play---yet you call me a homer....

ummm...ok

Thats a homer response. :lol

rascal
05-05-2010, 05:59 AM
A pick at 13 or 14 is better than losing to the lakers in the WCF. Those 6 slots higher could make a big difference in getting an impact center or other player who can come in next year.

Its about building a roster that has enough talent to be a serious contender and that will be next year not being a middle of the pack playoff team this year still not as good as the lakers.

Capt Bringdown
05-05-2010, 06:21 AM
A pick at 13 or 14 is better than losing to the lakers in the WCF. Those 6 slots higher could make a big difference in getting an impact center or other player who can come in next year.

I doubt there's anyone available in the draft to counter what the Lakers got, even if we were to get a top 3 pick.

The Gasol trade changed everything, it allowed the Lakers to leapfrog the NBA's competition dynamics for years to come.

Unless the Spurs or anyone else can get a player as perfectly matched, versatile and highly-skilled as Gasol for FREE, without giving up anything or going through the lottery, I doubt anyone can catch up. It doesn't mean we shouldn't hope or try, but just look how utterly predictable these playoffs have become.

And don't think the Lakers won't improve in the offseason. Look how they're rolling now, even with Derek Fisher as their point guard.

rascal
05-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I doubt there's anyone available in the draft to counter what the Lakers got, even if we were to get a top 3 pick.

The Gasol trade changed everything, it allowed the Lakers to leapfrog the NBA's competition dynamics for years to come.

Unless the Spurs or anyone else can get a player as perfectly matched, versatile and highly-skilled as Gasol for FREE, without giving up anything or going through the lottery, I doubt anyone can catch up. It doesn't mean we shouldn't hope or try, but just look how utterly predictable these playoffs have become.

And don't think the Lakers won't improve in the offseason. Look how they're rolling now, even with Derek Fisher as their point guard.

I agree the Gasol trade pushed the lakers to the top but they can be beaten in the next year or two depending on what the spurs or another team does to improve their team.

I don't have too much faith in the Spurs front office to get it done by what I have seen from them. the spurs need help on the frontline and the spurs year after year can't improve in that area instead relying on over the hill type players.

saldanax
05-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Jerry West.....mastermind behind the Gasol trade....wonder what he was thinking?

Capt Bringdown
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't have too much faith in the Spurs front office to get it done by what I have seen from them. the spurs need help on the frontline and the spurs year after year can't improve in that area instead relying on over the hill type players.

Every team needs help on the frontline. That's what makes the Gasol gift so devastating.

However, the Spurs did have an excellent opportunity with Scola. And the Kurt Thomas years were lost years.

rascal
05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Come draft day I'd rather the spurs have the 14th pick than the 20th. There are a couple of good centers projected to be going from 14 to 19 that the spurs could have a shot at with the 14th pick.

silverblk mystix
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Come draft day I'd rather the spurs have the 14th pick than the 20th. There are a couple of good centers projected to be going from 14 to 19 that the spurs could have a shot at with the 14th pick.

but then...what will happen next season---if the spurs don't look as good as your favorite team---the lakers---

will you be saying that the spurs should just tank again and wait for NEXT season--to get the 9th pick---instead of the 17th or 18th????

and the next season?
and the next???

mexicanjunior
05-07-2010, 11:24 PM
just wondering...where are the geniuses...

rascal
05-08-2010, 02:32 PM
just wondering...where are the geniuses...

Bump

Got a little too excited about a first round win.

mexicanjunior
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Bump

Got a little too excited about a first round win.

It's funny...this thread was all about berating fans for giving up on title hopes...yet he has basically a concession speech to the Suns on the front page.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153746

rascal
05-08-2010, 02:43 PM
It's funny...this thread was all about berating fans for giving up on title hopes...yet he has basically a concession speech to the Suns on the front page.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153746

It took an 0-3 hole to finally see what many of us saw months ago.

silverblk mystix
05-08-2010, 05:37 PM
It took an 0-3 hole to finally see what many of us saw months ago.

yeah...I also said in that post---that I am hoping for the spurs to make history...

also said before that the spurs should have NOT avoided the lakers because of better matchups...

still---YOU guys said one-and-done---so why are YOU gloating now

mexicanjunior
05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
yeah...I also said in that post---that I am hoping for the spurs to make history...

also said before that the spurs should have NOT avoided the lakers because of better matchups...

still---YOU guys said one-and-done---so why are YOU gloating now

So it is ok now to believe there is no title this year? What happened to your pep rally mentality?

Believe or GTFO...wasn't that the basis of this thread to begin with?

silverblk mystix
05-08-2010, 06:06 PM
So it is ok now to believe there is no title this year? What happened to your pep rally mentality?

Believe or GTFO...wasn't that the basis of this thread to begin with?

...or maybe I will be like you----someone who does NOT believe at any time---praises the lakers ---shits on EVERY move the spurs make---never gives credit to the spurs ---and is just waiting for them to fail---

hell you waited for me to fail and bumped my earlier post---just so you could continue your NEGATIVE campaign---

and----worst of all---at the end of the day---YOU CALL YOURSELF A SPURS FAN!!!!

my post congratulating the suns organization was in response to a lot of spurs bashing and also to give props to Pop and his influence on the nba and nba front offices---

but---I will still be pulling for a miracle

whether geniuses/experts like you like it or not

mexicanjunior
05-08-2010, 06:20 PM
...or maybe I will be like you----someone who does NOT believe at any time---praises the lakers ---shits on EVERY move the spurs make---never gives credit to the spurs ---and is just waiting for them to fail---

hell you waited for me to fail and bumped my earlier post---just so you could continue your NEGATIVE campaign---

and----worst of all---at the end of the day---YOU CALL YOURSELF A SPURS FAN!!!!

my post congratulating the suns organization was in response to a lot of spurs bashing and also to give props to Pop and his influence on the nba and nba front offices---

but---I will still be pulling for a miracle

whether geniuses/experts like you like it or not

Had the Spurs been successful...how many more "where are the geniuses" posts would you have made to berate the fans that didn't believe this team could win a title? Your post is nothing more than sour grapes that the realists on this board were right and you weren't. Just because we saw flaws in the team that were too much to overcome for a title...it doesn't make us anymore or less of a Spurs fan than you.

silverblk mystix
05-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Had the Spurs been successful...how many more "where are the geniuses" posts would you have made to berate the fans that didn't believe this team could win a title? Your post is nothing more than sour grapes that the realists on this board were right and you weren't. Just because we saw flaws in the team that were too much to overcome for a title...it doesn't make us anymore or less of a Spurs fan than you.

ok...you are smarter /better than me because you counted out the spurs early...

and the original post was about the people who said the spurs were---1 and done---

but the spurs are in the 2nd round---was i wrong to state the obvious---you still said the spurs would be out in the first round and you were wrong and you are STILL trying to inject more negativity ....

you are smarter and better and you were right...ok?