PDA

View Full Version : TampaDude knows his B-ball...take note bitches.

TheMACHINE
05-02-2010, 11:23 PM
From the Game 1 Lakers/Jazz Thread.

While all you fucktards were getting giddy like little school girls when Utah got the lead in the 4th, Tampa said this:

This is all Fools' Gold for the Jazz...Kobe will take over in the last few minutes and put it out of reach. The Lakers have already won this game and the series. I don't know why we even bother watching.

This cat knows his basketball. You guys should learn from him instead of saying how unstoppable the lakers are, then saying how much they suck, then back to saying how unstoppable they are...all in one game. :rollin

Praying the Spurs make it to the WCF so we get an easy trip to the Finals. :toast

kamikazi_player
05-02-2010, 11:26 PM
From the Game 1 Lakers/Jazz Thread.

While all you fucktards were getting giddy like little school girls when Utah got the lead in the 4th, Tampa said this:

This cat knows his basketball. You guys should learn from him instead of saying how unstoppable the lakers are, then saying how much they suck, then back to saying how unstoppable they are...all in one game. :rollin

Praying the Spurs make it to the WCF so we get an easy trip to the Finals. :toast
where did i hear this before? oh yeah, some mav fans said this before the playoffs started. Be careful what you wish for my friend. :toast

BlackSwordsMan
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
oh ok

TheMACHINE
05-02-2010, 11:31 PM
where did i hear this before? oh yeah, some mav fans said this before the playoffs started. Be careful what you wish for my friend. :toast

sons, the Mavs are a bunch of chokers who dont know how to win. No surprise that your team beat them.

j-money24
05-03-2010, 12:13 AM

I want the Spurs in the WCF so bad, mark my words.

I will gladly BUMP this thread and eat my words if the Spurs beat the Lakers in the WCF.

Baseline
05-03-2010, 02:32 AM
It's not greatness, fool. It's Laker playoff refs.

Here's the way the last four minutes of Game 1 went, which is the exact same way 95% of Laker home games in the playoffs go.

--Bryant dribbles around until a ref blows a whistle. Whether anybody fouls him or not isn't the point. He hits two free throws.
--The opponet goes back down and either makes ashot, or misses ashot on a questionable call, but the ref oesn't blow the whistle.
--Bryant dribbles around again until a ref blows a whistle.
--Bryant hits two more foul shots.
--The opponent goes down, takes it to the hole, but doesn't get the whistle.

Okay, so this is only maybe 60 seconds time on the clock, but merely by blowing the whistle on the Laker end of the floor, and swallowing the whistle on the other end, the refs have turned a 4-point Utah lead into a tie game. Which may not seem like such a big deal, but the Jazz now know that they have to make a shot because Bryant is going to get two foul shots on every possession, unless Artest loses his mind and fires up a three. And on missed shots by Bryant - like fadeaway jumpers - Laker bigs are allowed to push, bite, and claw their way underneath for rebounding position.

Whatever the refs can possibly do to keep Bryant in the limelight, they will do.

This is why an opponent must do what the Spurs did during their title runs...you have to have at least a 10-12 point lead at the 6:00 mark in the 4th in LA in order to win, and even then, you have to make shots down the stretch, and preferably at least one three-point shot.

Again, this is not because the Lakers are such a good team, or that Bryant is such a good player. Far from it. It's simply because the referees manipulate playoff games in LA in such an obvious way that it borders on the criminal.

But if you already have a lead on the soft Lakers come the 6:00 mark in the 4th, and you make enough shots dpwn the stretch, not even the refs can help them catch up. Bryant will still shoot 8-10 free throws in the last five minutes, but if you make 4-5 buckets on your end, you're still okay.

This is simply the way it is in the NBA, folks. If you don't believe it, watch a freaking game. Or just roll the tape from Game 1. After CJ Miles made that floater in the lane with about 4:00 or so left, the Jazz didn't make another shot for several trips, and the only call they got was the charge call on the other end. Meanwhile, Bryant got at least 6 free throws and the Lakers got more offensive rebounds than they had gotten all game. The Lakers pushed and humped Utah on D, yet didn'tget called for anything. Yet Bryant got a whistle when a Jazz player came withing 4 feet of him.

Same old story, year in year out. The Laker refs make the NBA office's favorite team look about 5000 times better than they actually are.

boston.balla
05-03-2010, 03:02 AM

Here's the way the last four minutes of Game 1 went, which is the exact same way 95% of Laker home games in the playoffs go.

--Bryant dribbles around until a ref blows a whistle. Whether anybody fouls him or not isn't the point. He hits two free throws.
--The opponet goes back down and either makes ashot, or misses ashot on a questionable call, but the ref oesn't blow the whistle.

Okay, so this is only maybe 60 seconds time on the clock, but merely by blowing the whistle on the Laker end of the floor, and swallowing the whistle on the other end, the refs have turned a 4-point Utah lead into a tie game. Which may not seem like such a big deal, but the Jazz now know that they have to make a shot because Bryant is going to get two foul shots on every possession, unless Artest loses his mind and fires up a three. And on missed shots by Bryant - like fadeaway jumpers - Laker bigs are allowed to push, bite, and claw their way underneath for rebounding position.

Whatever the refs can possibly do to keep Bryant in the limelight, they will do.

This is why an opponent must do what the Spurs did during their title runs...you have to have at least a 10-12 point lead at the 6:00 mark in the 4th in LA in order to win, and even then, you have to make shots down the stretch, and preferably at least one three-point shot.

Again, this is not because the Lakers are such a good team, or that Bryant is such a good player. Far from it. It's simply because the referees manipulate playoff games in LA in such an obvious way that it borders on the criminal.

But if you already have a lead on the soft Lakers come the 6:00 mark in the 4th, and you make enough shots dpwn the stretch, not even the refs can help them catch up. Bryant will still shoot 8-10 free throws in the last five minutes, but if you make 4-5 buckets on your end, you're still okay.

This is simply the way it is in the NBA, folks. If you don't believe it, watch a freaking game. Or just roll the tape from Game 1. After CJ Miles made that floater in the lane with about 4:00 or so left, the Jazz didn't make another shot for several trips, and the only call they got was the charge call on the other end. Meanwhile, Bryant got at least 6 free throws and the Lakers got more offensive rebounds than they had gotten all game. The Lakers pushed and humped Utah on D, yet didn'tget called for anything. Yet Bryant got a whistle when a Jazz player came withing 4 feet of him.

Same old story, year in year out. The Laker refs make the NBA office's favorite team look about 5000 times better than they actually are.

true. last night's 4 mins were awful.

Muser
05-03-2010, 04:16 AM
My god you're a dumbass, it wasn't the fact the Jazz took the lead it's the fact that the Lakers choked away what should of been a blowout game. Do you honestly think a Championship contender like the Cavs will let you do that?

Giuseppe
05-03-2010, 04:50 AM
"This is simply the way it is in the NBA, folks."

Yep, yep.

TheMACHINE
05-03-2010, 11:42 AM
My god you're a dumbass, it wasn't the fact the Jazz took the lead it's the fact that the Lakers choked away what should of been a blowout game. Do you honestly think a Championship contender like the Cavs will let you do that?

Dont give me that bullshit....LA won a ring last year and went to game 7 with Houston. A win is a win and you spurs fan in the game thread were jumping for joy when the jazz got the lead. HAHAHAHA pathetic.

You just mad that you were one of them in that game thread. :lmao

z0sa
05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't think anyone wants your props

TheMACHINE
05-03-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't think anyone wants your props

ouch...:lmao

jag
05-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Do you even pay attention to the flow of the game, or are you just focusing on the calls? After CJ Miles hit that floater, the Jazz started taking it to the hole but got stuffed repeatedly. Jazz players weren't even looking for fouls 'cause gasol and odom were getting clean blocks and making them shoot difficult shots.

The Jazz couldn't score when it mattered and the Lakers could. The refs didn't take the ball out of Kobe's hands and put it in the hoop.

If you think the games are being "rigged," then why watch the games? It just makes you look like a bitch who's had her heart broken.

z0sa
05-03-2010, 12:07 PM
ouch...:lmao

what's even more of an ouch is how butthurt you are that someone might be going for the jazz instead of the lakers.

TheMACHINE
05-03-2010, 12:52 PM
what's even more of an ouch is how butthurt you are that someone might be going for the jazz instead of the lakers.

bazinga! :rollin

z0sa
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
What's even more of a bazinga is a nickname like theMachine

TheMACHINE
05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
What's even more of a bazinga is a nickname like theMachine

z0sa, now playing 3 shows nightly and MGM Mirage. :lmao