PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Suns is going to be epic

DazedAndConfused
05-02-2010, 11:46 PM
I can't wait for tomorrow. Gonna be the best series thus far into the playoffs.

The Suns want this one BAD to avenge for their years of playoff defeat at the hands of the Spurs. The Spurs obviously want to go all out and maximize the few years they have left.

I expect this one to be more physical than the Celtics-Cavs series.

Bob Lanier
05-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I bet that Yale wants to beat Harvard BAD after their pathetic showings in The Game this decade, too. I expect the next football game between those two to be more violent than your average Bloods-Crips matchup.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 12:23 AM
I bet that Yale wants to beat Harvard BAD after their pathetic showings in The Game this decade, too. I expect the next football game between those two to be more violent than your average Bloods-Crips matchup.

:lmao

ChrisRichards
05-03-2010, 12:26 AM
:lol

Ghazi
05-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Most of the Suns players are different this time. The "revenge" angle is overblown.

The only ones who may want "revenge" are 2 time MVP Steve Nash and 5 rebound ecstasy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Most of the Suns players are different this time. The "revenge" angle is overblown.

The only ones who may want "revenge" are 2 time MVP Steve Nash and 5 rebound ecstasy.

lol stealing Bob Lanier's jokes

lol calling someone with a career playoff average of 9.7 rebounds "5 rebound ecstasy"

lol saying the Mavs lost because the Spurs "made some shots"

lol Dirk fan acting like a Mavs homer

lol Ghazi

Ghazi
05-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Jeez, Amare's defensive rebound rate is last place for ALL power forwards in the playoffs.

:lmao Amare

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Ghazi are you still gonna cheer for the Mavs when Dirk leaves?

Ghazi
05-03-2010, 12:45 AM
playoffs defensive rebound rate:

Jose Juan Barea: 8.5
Amare Stoudamire: 7.9

:lmao :lol

ace3g
05-03-2010, 12:48 AM
I love how Lakers fans are hoping for a tough playoff series between the Suns/Spurs (possible opponents in the WCF). They don't want a refreshed and healthy team going into that series against them if they beat the Jazz.

You already have the advantage that your series started a day before so even if both teams sweep you would still have an extra day of rest.

Lakers have been fortunate the last couple of years that at least one of the teams they play has some type of injury to one of their star players or main role players.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Iybp6uXHkxg

DMX7
05-03-2010, 12:49 AM
There will be blood.

BlackSwordsMan
05-03-2010, 12:50 AM
when suns win and have exhausted every ounce of energy to beat the spurs the lakers will succumb to defeat by the lebron cavs

Kai
05-03-2010, 12:50 AM

I'm sorry but if this is true, ROFLMAO

Rick Carlisle
05-03-2010, 01:00 AM

No surprises here.

Xylus
05-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Ghazi isn't seeing the big picture.

Without Lopez in the middle, the Suns are forced to gang rebound. This means that Amare's job is to box out in order to make it easier for the wings to grab boards. Plus, Portland specifically keyed in on Amare to prevent him from scoring and rebounding.

If you don't believe me, look at the overall rebounding stats for the Blazers and Suns. The Suns averaged 4 rpg more than the Blazers, who are one of the best rebounding teams in the league. You don't do that if Amare Stoudemire isn't helping on the rebounding front.

But, I'm not surprised that Ghazi would make such a shortsighted comment like that.

4>0rings
05-03-2010, 01:15 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

AnthonyM
05-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Iybp6uXHkxg

Who's the fat dude on the right? Dirk4mvp, badfish22, or mavs>spurs?

SpursTillTheEnd
05-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Iybp6uXHkxg
wtf is this, did i just hear him say he tricks?

SomeCallMeTim
05-03-2010, 08:14 AM

So, basically their two best players -- by far -- and nearly the entire fanbase remember personally... and want vengeance. But because the role players are different, it invalidates this?

I don't see it. Throw in that the Spurs' core is mostly the same and I think this is a matchup that means a lot more to the Suns than you're letting on.

All that's needed is Robert Horry showing up to sit behind the bench in the away games as a "coaching consultant." :lol

pauls931
05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
This series would be much sweeter if the Suns had a chance of winning the Finals. I guess vengeance for Nash and Amare is about the only thing here. Neither team has what it takes to beat both the Lakers and Cavs. Also Kobe and shaq have the same number of titles, but having LBJ will tip things in the Cavs favor for some really sweet endoresements and commercials.

Muser
05-03-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm feeling a little bit confident, if we can beat the Mavs then we can beat the Suns. Just gotta execute and defend the 3.

TheManFromAcme
05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
I love how Lakers fans are hoping for a tough playoff series between the Suns/Spurs (possible opponents in the WCF). They don't want a refreshed and healthy team going into that series against them if they beat the Jazz.

You already have the advantage that your series started a day before so even if both teams sweep you would still have an extra day of rest.

Lakers have been fortunate the last couple of years that at least one of the teams they play has some type of injury to one of their star players or main role players.

Silly comment, if you ask me.

ALL teams hope for that.

With that said, Spurs in 6. :toast

picc84
05-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm sure all Spurs fans are hoping LA sweeps the Jazz, too. :lmao

EmptyMan
05-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Hell yes it will

I've been feeling like this for 3 days now...

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/153525-2/Black_kid_dancing.gif

TheManFromAcme
05-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm sure all Spurs fans are hoping LA sweeps the Jazz, too. :lmao

Eggs-act-ly.....

picc84
05-03-2010, 09:39 AM

And Spurs/Suns fans are hoping for a tough playoff series between LA/Jazz, because thats what everyone wishes for teams that aren't their own

- You have the advantage in that your series is starting 4 days after both the teams finished their first round, while our series started 2 days after we did, so the old Spurs horses can rest their legs

- LOL Spurs fans complaining that the NBA is rigging for the Lakers because we got an extra day of rest in the first round, and now Spurs fans are whining that we have an advantage when our 2nd round starts immediately and they get the extra day of rest

- Everyone on LA is injured this year, Kobe and Artest both are wearing casts, Bynum is playing with a torn meniscus, Odom with a bum shoulder

- Lakers have had at least one starter injured or out for the past 3 years the entire playoffs (2008: Ariza, Bynum; 2009: Bynum), not to mention Kobe's finger, which i'd love to see Manu go through two seasons with his shooting index finger looking like a polish sausage

- Spurs are about to enter a playoff series against a team with injuries to Steve Nash and Robin Lopez, so odd timing on your comment

- Spurs owe 3 out of 4 of their titles to injuries or suspensions (Ewing '99; Dirk/Webber '03; Suns/Wade '05) and they still have the nerve to * other teams playoff victories, that takes a lot of gall :lol