PDA

View Full Version : Will the Spurs Run?

raspsa
05-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Traiditional wisdom is that the Spurs will try and slow down the game,establish Timmy in the post and play P&R BB,
But the Spurs have proven in the past they are versatile, and they have beaten the Suns at their run & gun game. Tony, Manu, George and Dick are the Spurs greyhounds.
This Spurs team is even better equipped to run if the opportunity arises.

Halberto
05-03-2010, 06:45 AM
You bet your ass they'll run. Pop is probably getting drunk with excitement to unleash Jefferson and our backcourt on them.

Sense
05-03-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't think they are going to run.... mostly because the Suns are calling themselves a "defensive" team or whatever.

I still think it's going to be a high scoring game, thus making the series somewhat close.

The Spurs can run now, even more than previous seasons... with Hill, Jefferson,Manu, and Tony, but I don't think Pop's going that way.

raspsa
05-03-2010, 06:53 AM
I think if the opportunity presents itself, you run. Why wait for the defense to establish itself when you can score with less effort? Mixing things up can make the defense's job more challenging.

stéphane
05-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Every team is willing to get easy buckets in the open court.
If the D is back you just don't run.

exstatic
05-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Against a team like PHO, you run selectively. The one true thing about running teams is that they only like to run in one direction: offense. They'll give you easy buckets by not getting back themselves.

That being said, you don't actually want to get into a running game with PHO.