PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Jenny Craig or know about it?

PM5K
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I have a friend that is but I think she might be doing it wrong, but I want to be sure before I say anything about it.

So for example today for what I guess would be lunch, she ate a microwave pizza, a soup, and a bag of cheeto type chips, all by Jenny Craig.

My concern is that she might be eating more than she's supposed to. I could understand eating two JC items at the same time, or one JC item and some item you buy such as a salad, or fruit, or vegetable.

I did look online at a sample of their menu and there weren't any meals that included three JC items in the same meal.

I guess she might be skipping a snack and adding it to her lunch, but I'm sure that's not the right way to do it. Would it make a big difference, no but if you're going to do it you might as well do it right, and the general idea is a lot of small, portion controlled meals, if you start skipping a snack and adding it to a meal you aren't doing it the way it's designed to be done.

Thoughts?

Shelly
05-03-2010, 05:05 PM
well, if she's skipping her snack and adding it to her lunch and eating the daily amount of calories that she's supposed to, it wouldn't matter. Some people can get by with just eating 3 meals a day. I don't buy the eating small meals every few hours changes your metabolism. A calorie is calorie is a calorie, doesn't matter when or how you eat them.

Has she lost weight?

PM5K
05-03-2010, 05:09 PM
No she hasn't and I believe it's for a few reasons, possibly even including what I'm posting about.

I sort of feel like because of the amount of weight she needs to loose, she should follow the diet as strictly as possible, every little thing helps.

Shelly
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Then she's probably eating more than she should.

I'm not sure how JC works outside of having to eat their food, but I know they have consultants they meet with, so if she's not losing, they'll probably look at what she's eating. How long has she been on the program?

IceColdBrewski
05-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Wifey has done the Jenny Craig thing (successfully) a couple of times. She confirms what you already suspected. Your friend was overdoin' it with the JC cheetos. Says she shoud've stopped at pizza and soup.

CuckingFunt
05-03-2010, 11:51 PM
For some reason I'm reminded of the friend I had about ten years ago who was doing Slim Fast for months without losing a pound.

Never made sense until she told me one day that the Slim Fast powder made really yummy shakes if you doubled the suggested number of scoops and put vanilla ice cream in the blender instead of ice cubes.

mrsmaalox
05-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I have a friend that is but I think she might be doing it wrong, but I want to be sure before I say anything about it.

So for example today for what I guess would be lunch, she ate a microwave pizza, a soup, and a bag of cheeto type chips, all by Jenny Craig.

My concern is that she might be eating more than she's supposed to. I could understand eating two JC items at the same time, or one JC item and some item you buy such as a salad, or fruit, or vegetable.

I did look online at a sample of their menu and there weren't any meals that included three JC items in the same meal.

I guess she might be skipping a snack and adding it to her lunch, but I'm sure that's not the right way to do it. Would it make a big difference, no but if you're going to do it you might as well do it right, and the general idea is a lot of small, portion controlled meals, if you start skipping a snack and adding it to a meal you aren't doing it the way it's designed to be done.

Thoughts?

Why are you going to say anything? Did she ask for your advice? Are you paying for the program?

I don't know anything about JennyCraig, I was just wondering :)

PM5K
05-04-2010, 01:47 AM
First of all it's pretty pointless for her to do it the wrong way, it's a waste of time and money. Secondly, I care about her health and how her weight impacts her overall quality of life.

DMX7
05-04-2010, 01:50 AM
JC has JC branded cheetos? I smell scam.

4>0rings
05-04-2010, 02:23 AM
:lol
JC has JC branded cheetos? I smell scam.