PDA

View Full Version : Huge Favor to ask, but important!!!!

TwAnKiEs
05-03-2010, 04:46 PM
My uncle had gotten sick a while back and they found cancer in his throat.

They removed the lump and it has not come back, however, his epiglottis has damage and he was sent to the hospital recently. He is on a feeding tube, because anything he swallows can go down to his lung. My uncle is getting out of the hospital but is going into Hospice care. Infections and sickness has just taken a toll on his body. We are all big spurs fans, and I am trying to get David or maybe even Tim to come visit him before he passes. I don't know how long he is going to last: Could be a week or years. I would just like to try an attempt to make this happen before his time comes. If anyone can give me a good source to send this request to or even spread the word, that would be great. I think some people have some ties to the Spurs Org, so I hope this gets heard. Please if anyone can help, let me know.

:flag:

duncan228
05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
You might try to contact Duncan's Foundation. Cancer awareness and research is part of what they do, maybe it's a way to start.

Good luck, I hope you can bring a smile to your uncle.

http://www.slamduncan.com/about-foundation.php

TwAnKiEs
05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Many thanks! I will be contacting them. :toast

PakiDan
05-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Twankies.... I'm not trying to be the ass here, but I want to let you know how it works in SS&E.... the big players (Duncan, Parker, Ginobli) have appearance and charity clauses in their contract. I believe that they are only allowed 3 appearances or charity events per year which are all scheduled by SS&E... and these are all big events... staff is not even allowed to ask management about appearances for personal reasons, and they will not consider it personally. Basically... if you want one of them... you will basically need to get in with them on a personal level if it EVER is going to happen... ON THE OTHER HAND.... David Robinson attends Oak Hills Church off of I-10. I would contact the church and see if you can get a special prayer request with David. Best of luck.

FalleNxWiZarDx
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
yooo twankies, when you wanna play MW2 again huh?

Slydragon
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Many years ago when my brother was having heart surgery my mom wrote the Spurs or someone about D-Rob visiting him, I remember telling her not to get her hopes up. Few weeks later in the mail we got a autograph D-Rob picture. It had the copy autograph in black and then he re signed it in blue.

I thought it was cool of him considering he must have gotten letters like that by the ton.

2Blonde
05-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Twankies,
My prayers are with your family. I am a little curious about your time-line. Hospice doesn't generally take on a patient until they have less than 6 months. If that is the case then you should get to work ASAP. Here's wishing you success in your mission.

TwAnKiEs
05-03-2010, 11:29 PM
@ Paki.. Thanks for the info... I am looking into how to go about doing things.... "personal level" was my mindset, eventhough I didnt know about those clauses. LOL @ ur sigs btw

@fallen.. I'll be raping tomorrow, lol

@2blonde... wow I didnt know about that... I am so busy with my girls and my weenie of an ex-wife... Thanks to everyone's info