PDA

View Full Version : Georgie is getting abused!

redskinfan
05-03-2010, 11:03 PM
This guy's defense has disappeared,I hope it's just jitters..

m33p0
05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
nah... it's nash pulling all the tricks on george

Budkin
05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
How the hell could it be jitters, he just had the series of his life.

cd98
05-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Nash is very crafty and a great shooter. A much tougher guard than the 2010 Kidd.

Creation88
05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
has anyone been this two faced at home/away?

ducks
05-03-2010, 11:08 PM
hill was never good at guarding starting point guards

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Hill was an average defender this season, occasionally above average..last season was different, where he showed flashes of greatness defensively..

The only people that keep saying Hill is a good/great defender are Parker haters, tbh..

redskinfan
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I know he is not a stopper but I didn't think he was a matador either. I hope he picks up his offensive game quickly and makes Nash work a little..

Blackjack
05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
It's not jitters, Nash is a hell of a player, and crafty veteran at that.

It's pretty much what I feared would happen when they were matched up, George pressuring him too much, not spacing and using his length and getting too high on the screens -- Give Nash an inch he'll take a mile.

George doesn't have the lateral footspeed to pressure Nash the way Tony can and he's going to have to give him some cushion and make a solid contest. He needs to use his length to contain not to recover -- he can't ever give up on the play either, which is something he's done that's disappointed me (i.e: accepting the screen, not continuing to follow the ballhandler after he's gotten by -- but not finished the play -- and finishing possessions overall defensively -- the Spurs need a dogged focus out of him.)

Offensively he's looked fine. He hasn't been the problem on that end.

timtonymanu
05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Simple. Hill is a very overrated defender. All season he's struggled against the elite PG's except Kidd.

kobyz
05-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Hill was always bad defender as a Spur, he slow to move his feet on every screen or something like this, on Kidd is not problem to guard but even Barea abused him.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2010, 12:08 AM
He's letting his poor D affect his aggressiveness on offense. Which is not good.

We have not made Nash play defense once this entire game.

itzsoweezee
05-04-2010, 12:30 AM
it's hill's first game against phoenix. he improve tremendously next game. watch.

Doe
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Hill was much better at D last year, he had moments where he was dominating. Maybe because he played short stretches in the "cooler" role or perhaps because he was more focused and determined on that end. Still though he's never been good at defending in the pick & roll and that's a nightmare with Phoenix.

He hasn't proven at all that he can defend well in that circumstance, so while I do expect an improvement from him, I doubt he'll be able to defend Nash at all this series.

Truckules
05-04-2010, 01:36 AM
I'd prefer to see George on Richardson and Tony on Nash to start and close games. I think Manu should go back to being 6th man.

kace
05-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Hill defense is one of the most overrated thing here on ST with manu's clutchness.

which doesn't mean hill is a bad defender or manu isn't clutch.

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2010, 01:49 AM
I'd prefer to see George on Richardson and Tony on Nash to start and close games. I think Manu should go back to being 6th man.

Richardson completely dominated Hill in this game..he took him inside and abused him, and he beat him off the ball too..it's not a good matchup for Hill, DUI is too strong for him..

ChumpDumper
05-04-2010, 01:57 AM
"Free Garrett Temple."

Bukefal
05-04-2010, 04:00 AM
simple. Hill is a very overrated defender. All season he's struggled against the elite pg's except kidd.

This

sa_butta
05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Give Nash some credit, he is a very crafty and smart player.

manu the best
05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Hill defense is one of the most overrated thing here on ST with manu's clutchness.

which doesn't mean hill is a bad defender or manu isn't clutch.

fuck u .. hater ..

MANU=:lobt2:

duncan228
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Nash leaves Spurs' Hill in dust with scorching Game 1 (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/fran_blinebury/05/04/spurs.suns.game1/index.html)
Fran Blinebury
NBA.com

George Hill is going to have to pick up his defense against Steve Nash.

Or course, first he'll have to pick up his pride, his ego and probably a considerable number of lost uniform parts that left him so very exposed out on the floor against Nash.

If the Spurs were visitors to Planet Orange for the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals, then Hill made a side trip to the village of Black-and-Blue considering the way Nash whipped and beat him in Game 1.

"I don't know if I struggled," Hill said.

Everyone else does.

You could tell from the shock and awe that Hill was wearing along with a bit of windburn on his face.

It was not just the 33 points and 10 assists that Nash hung up in the Suns' 111-102 series-opening victory. It was the way that so many of them came with so easily, like a man floating down a stream while sipping an umbrella drink from a straw.

"You've got to make Nash work," said Tony Parker, which is one reason that Parker and not Hill opened the second half as a part of the starting unit.

It's early and the history of this blood feud between Phoenix and San Antonio tells us that there are at least a handful of flammable and bizarre occurrences lurking around the corner. But the first one told you that the Spurs will not be able to ultimately prevail against the Suns if Hill is not able to compete better against Nash.

Hill has been a revelation with his overall improvement and his poise from his rookie year. He's one of the main reasons the Spurs were able to survive this season with Parker spending so much time on the shelf due to injuries. But he has got to do better than nine points on 2-for-9 shooting in 33 minutes.

"I couldn't make a shot today," Hill said. "That's why it's a seven-game series. We'll watch film and get ready for the next one.

"Why did I struggle? I don't know if it was a part of just struggling. I didn't make shots. I had some open looks and that's how it goes. I don't think I really struggled. It just didn't go my way."

Things began similarly disappointing for Hill in the Spurs in the previous round in Dallas as he was victimized by Jason Kidd for 13 points and 11 assists. In the opening minutes of the second half, Hill went on a drive to the hoop and Kidd simply reached in and swiped the ball away. Mere seconds later, Hill was removed from the game and never returned. But Spurs and Hill did return in the series, which is how they wound up here in the desert seeking to advance their cause.

"He's a great player and I felt like I let him be the aggressor instead of me being the aggressor on defense," Hill said. "That's something I'm going to get better at and do a better job on Wednesday. I feel like tonight he did a great job of picking us apart and being aggressive.

"He's the head of the snake. He was phenomenal and we have to tip our hat to him."

The Spurs will likely make more of a team-wide effort to get the ball out of Nash's hands on offense.

"You never can do anything by yourself," Hill said. "It's always gonna be a team thing."

But it will also be up to Hill to make Nash defend more by being more assertive with his own offense.

"I have to attach him a little bit more so he just don't conserve his energy on the defensive end," he said. We got to make him work on both ends."

That was the message that the second-year point guard had delivered to him by the veteran Parker.

"I told George at halftime that you have to try to get Steve tired," Parker said. "You have to attack him, go at him and that will tire him out. You can't be letting him come down the court with all of his energy and going full speed. Steve Nash at full speed is tough and over the course of a game he's going to get good results. George will play better. I have confidence in him."

A question is whether Spurs coach Gregg Popovich might make a switch and put Parker back into the starting lineup.

"I'm not worried about that. I'm not thinking about that," Hill said. "Whatever Pop decides will be the right thing and that will be fine with me.

"We'll come back in here for Game 2 and things will be different, a lot of things ready to be better."

Hill will be standing at the head of that line.

Brazil
05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Nash leaves Spurs' Hill in dust with scorching Game 1 (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/fran_blinebury/05/04/spurs.suns.game1/index.html)
Fran Blinebury
NBA.com

"I told George at halftime that you have to try to get Steve tired," Parker said. "You have to attack him, go at him and that will tire him out. You can't be letting him come down the court with all of his energy and going full speed. Steve Nash at full speed is tough and over the course of a game he's going to get good results. George will play better. I have confidence in him."

There is nobody in the spurs squad better than parker to execute that.

The way the post game quotes are evoluing, I think pop will stick to his start Hill strategy for game 2.

Brazil
05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
^^ well it seems that Pop was no CIA when he said he started TP because of Hill fouls trouble.

I hope Hill won't be abused this time.

WeNeedLength
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Hill is looking like a scared little rookie in his first playoff game out there. COME ON GEORGE, step the fuck up!

redskinfan
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Georgie is looking for the rub out instead of focusing on his man, wow i never thought he would be a liability on the defensive end..