PDA

View Full Version : Dont worry

nbaman99
05-04-2010, 12:32 AM
All we need to do is make few more free throws and Hill Rj to step up and make few points. We got this. We only need one win here.

BillMc
05-04-2010, 12:34 AM
All we need to do is make few more free throws and Hill Rj to step up and make few points. We got this. We only need one win here.

Agreed. Let's not panic.

tdunk21
05-04-2010, 12:35 AM
yeah no panic.....we will come out hard in game 2.....

itzsoweezee
05-04-2010, 12:37 AM

this phoenix team is not scary at all. we already took away their three pointers. nash is not going to score 30 again. and george hill is not going to kill us again.

on the other hand, it's pretty clear that the spurs can score inside at will. parker, ginobili, and duncan can score anytime they want. just need to play smarter, make baskets and force the sons to play halfcourt. spurs were just making it harder on themselves than they needed to.

Stringer_Bell
05-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Not even stressing this shit, we couldn't have shot ourselves more in the foot every chance we had to get something done. More about the Spurs fudging it than the Suns outworking us...

Also, listening to the stupid Suns fans sing "nah nah nah NAH (goodbye)" after Game 1 is hysterical in a brain cell killing way. The shit crowd is just happy to have a card in the hat, but the Spurs will pull 4 Aces out of their asses before this series is over.

WAR SPURS!!! :ihit

DontStopBelieving
05-04-2010, 12:39 AM
I am not worried in the slightest. Hopefully Pop makes the proper adjusments and sits Mason for the rest of the damn playoffs.

Tim and Manu are looking old right now though. They both need to get their head out of their asses.

Tony seems to be returning back to form, although he couldn't finish worth a shit tonight.

I fully expect a bounce back game for Hill.

This series is going to 6, possibly 7.

timtonymanu
05-04-2010, 12:40 AM
I got a bad vibe from the start this game.

Spurs need to attack the paint every possession in Game 2.

4>0rings
05-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Spurs shot a ton of FT's, think they are getting that many 2nd game?

noles1983
05-04-2010, 12:43 AM

shit if they would just make most of them it wont matter if they have less attempts

Quiet Strength
05-04-2010, 12:43 AM
The spurs sucked ass and they still had a chance to win this game. The suns didn't look scary at all... I'm not saying they cant beat the spurs in this series.. but imo the spurs should win it. I hope pop has the team ready for game 2.

DontStopBelieving
05-04-2010, 12:44 AM

Most of them came in the 1st half. When they were playing like dumbasses.

Spurtacus
05-04-2010, 12:45 AM
We'll play better defense in Game 2. We'll shoot better then 46% from the field and 21% from 3's.

DesignatedT
05-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Hill was absolutely terrible tonight.

TampaDude
05-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Not worried at all...we'll win Game 2 and take the split back to San Antonio.

Spurs in 6.

Book it.

TampaDude
05-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Not worried at all...we'll win Game 2 and take the split back to San Antonio.

Spurs in 6.

Book it.

baseline bum
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM

This is an extremely bitter loss for the Spurs. I'd rather they dropped the game by 30 so they could rest everyone and just blame it on not showing up. The worst possible loss in one in which you make a monster comeback to erase a big lead and then come up just a bit short. Phoenix has to feel like they took two great punches from the Spurs in the third and fourth quarters, and must have a lot of confidence after surviving both of them; especially considering the Spurs got a lot of free throws tonight. The Spurs gotta get game 2.

BillMc
05-04-2010, 12:59 AM
This is an extremely bitter loss for the Spurs. I'd rather they dropped the game by 30 so they could rest everyone and just blame it on not showing up. The worst possible loss in one in which you make a monster comeback to erase a big lead and then come up just a bit short. Phoenix has to feel like they took two great punches from the Spurs in the third and fourth quarters, and must have a lot of confidence after surviving both of them; especially considering the Spurs got a lot of free throws tonight. The Spurs gotta get game 2.

You make a good point, but I think the Spurs will be fine. Never get too high or too low. (That's the mantra of the club.) Nash played out of his mind, yet, the game was in doubt.

nbaman99
05-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Duncan needs to step up and make his free throws for sure tho and manu. Usually manu good at that.

NewJerSpur
05-04-2010, 01:05 AM
After the Hornets series 2 years ago, I don't get too worked up like I used to. Just have to play good from jump, figure out which lineups work best in this series, and get Timmy/Tony/Manu going in the paint early.....defense played better in the 2nd half which was a positive. Why are there so many teams/fans/owners that hate the Spurs anyway? LOL.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2010, 01:11 AM

I'd go the other way. For long stretches the Suns played about as well as they could, and the Spurs played about as poorly as they could. Yet the Suns couldn't completely shake them.

I think Nash will wear down as the series goes along. Tim may, too, but it shouldn't be anything like the Dallas series.

I also like Pop's chances of making better adjustments than Gentry.

I agree game 2 is huge. If the Spurs win it, they're in the drivers' seat.

BillMc
05-04-2010, 01:12 AM
I'd go the other way. For long stretches the Suns played about as well as they could, and the Spurs played about as poorly as they could. Yet the Suns couldn't completely shake them.

I think Nash will wear down as the series goes along. Tim may, too, but it shouldn't be anything like the Dallas series.

I also like Pop chances of making better adjustments than Gentry.

This.

tp2021
05-04-2010, 01:35 AM
It's not like the Spurs beat the Suns in their 2nd home game after winning the first.
All they needed to win in 5 was a split in PHX, regardless of which game.
If anything, winning game 2 and then holding serve at home would put a lot of pressure on the Suns to stop the 3-game winning streak or be eliminated.

They lost Game 1 in the last series.

They've lost two game 1's at home to the nuggets and gone on to complete essentially 5-game sweeps.

I still think Spurs will win in five.
It's not winning 4 in a row, its 4 wins one game at a time.

baseline bum
05-04-2010, 01:38 AM

I also like Pop's chances of making better adjustments than Gentry.

I think the Spurs have to feel like they gave a very winnable game away. You can say Phoenix played out of their minds for long stretches, but they were pretty awful in blowing leads twice too.

wijayas
05-04-2010, 03:45 AM
I agree with the thread. Don't worry.

I believe we will overcome the Suns as much as I believe we will overcome the Mavs, despite Game 1 loss.

Go Spurs Go!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2010, 03:50 AM
A series doesn't begin until the road team wins.

Bukefal
05-04-2010, 03:59 AM
It sucks, but we'll get them, no worries. :flag:

slayermin
05-04-2010, 04:15 AM
George Hill is better than that. Everyone has a bad game. I expect him to comeback strong.

nbaman99
05-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Cuban said he hates Spurs and now Suns playing the goodbye song. Guess what, its the same result for them, all we need is fuel to light the fire.

MadDog73
05-04-2010, 12:00 PM
A series doesn't begin until the road team wins.

I never understood this.

The home team could win all their home games, and the series, before it even begins?

WTF.