PDA

View Full Version : McDyess needs to play a lot more minutes...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2010, 12:49 AM
...He only got 19 tonight and the Spurs were resigned to too much small ball.

McDyess plays great D and actually rebounds worth a damn. There is no reason for the Spurs to be getting out rebounded to the Suns.

Pop has to wisen up with his lineups, or we're going to be down 0-2 in a hurry. There are still some positives to take from this game, as the Big 3 can still be solid to keep us in games. However, it is crucial we get that 4th player to have 13+ points.

The Suns Big 3 (Nash, Amare, Richardson) can't be allowed to outplay our Big 3.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2010, 12:50 AM
We were not protecting the rim or rebounding with him in the game and the 4-guard lineup got us back into the game (though I believe it was total fools gold and the Suns were still in control throughout).

If he were rebounding better and we were not giving up all those offensive rebounds.....

DontStopBelieving
05-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Small ball got us back in the game. ;D

4>0rings
05-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Foul trouble

SCdac
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM
I just get the strange feeling that McDyess hits those first two jumpers (11:11 and 11:36 in the first quarter) and the tone of the game is different from the start. Would have liked to see him knock down at least one of those early shots, however I was surprised they came so quick, would have liked to see Duncan with the ball in his hands in at least one of the first 4 possessions, but if Dyess could hit those it stretch the D from the start.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2010, 12:59 AM
We were not protecting the rim or rebounding with him in the game and the 4-guard lineup got us back into the game (though I believe it was total fools gold and the Suns were still in control throughout).

If he were rebounding better and we were not giving up all those offensive rebounds.....

He had 7 boards in just 19 minutes of play. The highest on the team. He also shot reasonably well after a slow start. None of the other Spurs outside the big 3, and Bogans in spurts were doing much of anything either. This series is begging for Pop to get murdered again by small ball.