PDA

View Full Version : RMJ is worthless

awktalk
05-04-2010, 01:22 AM
I don't disagree with Pop's decision to give him some minutes, to see if he could find his flow. It was worth tanking a game over. But lesson FKING learned, Mason should not see the floor again this series. He is pitiful on the defensive end, invisible on the offensive end, and gives no intangibles or any other type of hustle play. Fake an injury. Have his grandma get sick. Something. Just get him out of the fuggin rotation!

Budkin
05-04-2010, 01:25 AM
I was hoping he'd remember the magic of Christmas from last season but alas...

tdunk21
05-04-2010, 01:26 AM
RMJ missed 2 open shots....thats unacceptable...but we will play hard in game 2....nash 17pt 1st quarter aint happenin again fo sho

crc21209
05-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Thank you Captain Obvious..:lol

DesignatedT
05-04-2010, 01:27 AM
the guy sucks period

give up already on this pos

BillMc
05-04-2010, 01:29 AM
RMJ is 1 for 11 in the playoffs....

I can only think his head and hand are both hurting. I mean HOW did he become so bad? And please don't say because Pop played him as backup point guard last season for a few games.

He or Bonner have to step up in spot minutes. We cannot survive with such a short rotation.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I will be the first to eat my words if Mason:

a) locks somebody up on defense for 5 minutes

or

b) scores 5 points in a quarter

LOL, what am I thinking. Bench this fool. Now.

4>0rings
05-04-2010, 01:31 AM
We ALL know this but Pop.

TJastal
05-04-2010, 01:35 AM
I don't disagree with Pop's decision to give him some minutes, to see if he could find his flow. It was worth tanking a game over. But lesson FKING learned, Mason should not see the floor again this series. He is pitiful on the defensive end, invisible on the offensive end, and gives no intangibles or any other type of hustle play. Fake an injury. Have his grandma get sick. Something. Just get him out of the fuggin rotation!

You are dumb.

Pop used Garret Temple for a large chunk of the last month of the season ... why did that JACKASS not stick with Garret Temple then when the playoffs start? Huh? This is not Roger Mason Jr's fault, it's POP's fault.

That kind of DICKING around with rotations and new players that what he should have been doing in the 1st half of the season, not the LAST FREAKING FEW WEEKS OF THE YEAR!

DesignatedT
05-04-2010, 01:37 AM
You are dumb.

Pop used Garret Temple for a large chunk of the last month of the season ... why did that JACKASS not stick with Garret Temple then when the playoffs start? Huh? This is not Roger Mason Jr's fault, it's POP's fault.

That kind of DICKING around with rotations and new players that what he should have been doing in the 1st half of the season, not the LAST FREAKING FEW WEEKS OF THE YEAR!

:lmao you have been slobbin on RMJ's cock all season. give it up man. the dude is GARBAGE.

TJastal
05-04-2010, 01:41 AM
:lmao you have been slobbin on RMJ's cock all season. give it up man. the dude is GARBAGE.

I'm not slobbing on his cock, I'm pointing out facts. Maybe RMJ would have sucked even if he would have gotten consistent minutes. I don't honestly know. Nobody will know, all I know is the facts which are: Pop decided to use Garret Temple in the last month of the season while sitting Bogans and RMJ... and then decided Temple wasn't ready for the playoffs even though Temple played well.

What sense did it make have him play then? Wait, I'll answer that question for you because you obviously don't get it.. uh, NONE!

awktalk
05-04-2010, 01:43 AM
This is not Roger Mason Jr's fault, it's POP's fault.
!

Right. Which is why I see a stat line of ZERO points in 12 minutes with 3 fouls while getting absolutely owned 1-on-1 on defense. Awesome productivity, intensity, and minutes RMJ.

Players need to step up when they are given a chance. RMJ was given a chance tonight, and he failed with a capital MUTHA FUGGIN EFFFFF.

So please, no more of this foolish D-leaguer in the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2010, 01:44 AM
I agree with TJ that Pop fucked around with his minutes a lot..using Temple as a placeholder and then going back to Mason in the playoffs is kind of a ridiculous strategy..even if he was using it as motivation, which is what I originally believed, it doesn't make sense since he went back to him even when Mason didn't show any progress..

With that being said, I'm still against Mason in every way..his confidence is gone, meaning his shot is gone, making him completely useless..he's extremely soft and has no defensive instincts..

DesignatedT
05-04-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm not slobbing on his cock, I'm pointing out facts. Maybe RMJ would have sucked even if he would have gotten consistent minutes. I don't honestly know. Nobody will know, all I know is the facts which are: Pop decided to use Garret Temple in the last month of the season while sitting Bogans and RMJ... and then decided Temple wasn't ready for the playoffs even though Temple played well.

What sense did it make have him play then? Wait, I'll answer that question for you because you obviously don't get it.. uh, NONE!

Mason has had more than enough opportunities to prove himself this season. He doesn't have it. The guy sucks. He lost the only thing he was effective at and that is his shot. It's gone.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 01:47 AM
Pop decided to use Garret Temple in the last month of the season while sitting Bogans and RMJ... and then decided Temple wasn't ready for the playoffs even though Temple played well.

Temple is a POINT GUARD. His playing time was needed because we needed a POINT GUARD. Bogans and Mason would never be asked to run the point, they are 2-3-4 guys who have very specific roles to play on this team. Mason is expected to play average defense and, when the defense ignores him, knock down open shots. He's not asked to be creative and find a good shot when the shot clock is winding down. He's asked to sit in the fucking corner and make the shot when he gets an open look and not suck on defense.

He fails at these most basic requirements. Bench him the rest of the series.

TJastal
05-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Right. Which is why I see a stat line of ZERO points in 12 minutes with 3 fouls while getting absolutely owned 1-on-1 on defense. Awesome productivity, intensity, and minutes RMJ.

Players need to step up when they are given a chance. RMJ was given a chance tonight, and he failed with a capital MUTHA FUGGIN EFFFFF.

So please, no more of this foolish D-leaguer in the playoffs.

So if Pop was so high Garret Temple that he gave him RMJ's minutes in the last few weeks of the season why didn't Pop stick with Temple?

What was the point exactly of playing Temple in the last weeks of the year if by your words it's "foolish" to use D leaguers in the playoffs? Do you not see how utterly retarded it was to work Garret Temple into the rotation in the last few weeks of the season and then ditch the whole thing once the playoffs started?

TJastal
05-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Temple is a POINT GUARD. His playing time was needed because we needed a POINT GUARD. Bogans and Mason would never be asked to run the point, they are 2-3-4 guys who have very specific roles to play on this team. Mason is expected to play average defense and, when the defense ignores him, knock down open shots. He's not asked to be creative and find a good shot when the shot clock is winding down. He's asked to sit in the fucking corner and make the shot when he gets an open look and not suck on defense.

He fails at these most basic requirements. Bench him the rest of the series.

:rolleyes

Oh please. Temple is not a pure PG. Temple is a combo guard, and more SG than PG at that.

Same as Mason.

TJastal
05-04-2010, 02:04 AM
Mason has had more than enough opportunities to prove himself this season. He doesn't have it. The guy sucks. He lost the only thing he was effective at and that is his shot. It's gone.

I'm not denying that Mason has been inconsistent in his insconsistent minutes all year. Something is wrong with him, it's obvious. Maybe he's got personal issues. Or maybe he's just turned into a bad basketball player. Whatever the case may be, the issue I have is twofold: why Pop continues to roll with him and why he didn't roll with Garret Temple after working him into the rotation in the last month of the season. Temple was playing well and essentially showed the same type of skillset as Mason but with a much better all around game.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Oh please. Temple is not a pure PG. Temple is a combo guard, and more SG than PG at that.

Same as Mason.

So you'd trust Mason to run the offense when Tony is hurt, Hill needs a breather, and Manu is also filling the 2-3 role? Maybe that's brilliant. But I see it as turning a 10pt lead into a 10pt deficit. Mason is worthless.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Mason should play better.

His fault.

Pop's fault for playing such a horrible player.

Play Temple.

TJastal
05-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Sorry for the venting on your thread btw. I'm not really even disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out that if Mason sucks (for whatever reason, doesn't really matter) it's not his fault Pop keeps calling his number.

There has been enough Mason bashing the past month. We get it, Mason sucks. Instead of making yet another thread bashing HIM, you should be starting to direct your anger at the guy who keeps using him in the rotation.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Well, admitting he sucks is the first step -- even if it was three months late.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Sorry for the venting on your thread btw. I'm not really even disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out that if Mason sucks (for whatever reason, doesn't really matter) it's not his fault Pop keeps calling his number.

There has been enough Mason bashing the past month. We get it, Mason sucks. Instead of making yet another thread bashing HIM, you should be starting to direct your anger at the guy who keeps using him in the rotation.

No need for apologies. My anger was directed at Pop, "Fake an injury. Have his grandma get sick. Something. Just get him out of the fuggin rotation!" He may suck donkey dicks, and I'm glad he had one more chance to prove he can throat a donkey dick, but enough is enough. No more donkey dicks please.

bigdog
05-04-2010, 02:44 AM
I don't see why Pop continues to play someone who has proven since last year's playoffs that he sucks. Mason isn't just going to turn it on all of a sudden. Hell, the guy has never played even somewhat decent defense, so when his shot is off, he is absolutely and completely useless. He spend his time on defense just chasing guys around because he can't keep up with anyone, and he jacks up shots in pick and roll situations that end up in bricks, and he can't handle the ball to save his life. I know Pop hates playing rookies in big situations, but come on, play Temple. The guy is at least aggressive and plays decent defense. He can even hit a shot or two. Mason is garbage.

mingus
05-04-2010, 04:16 AM
i think RMJ is going to prove us all wrong and bust out for 30 points the next game.

no, but seriously the guy sucks. the only thing worse than his shot is his fucked up haircut. i've been saying for the last few months: RMJ better start learning Chinese, because the only shot he has at pro basketball is in China, where he'll make first team all Chinese team, along with Stephon Marbury, Wang Yo Yo, Kung Pow, and PF Chang.

bus driver
05-04-2010, 08:39 AM

I can only think his head and hand are both hurting. I mean HOW did he become so bad? And please don't say because Pop played him as backup point guard last season for a few games.

He or Bonner have to step up in spot minutes. We cannot survive with such a short rotation.

Fuck his head or hands....he gets paid lots of money to be a professional player and he hasnt done shit

RMJ=White Flag

sa_butta
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Its never too late to keep him out of the games, anyone would be better in his place.

dbestpro
05-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Bonner is getting out Bonnered by Frye. Why can't he hit his threes? I mean he is not off he is way off on his shot. He must have caught whatever RMJ has. These guys should be gone for good in the off season. It will be one of the reasons to celebrate when the season does end. You can get what Bonner does in a free agent at 1/3 the price.

sa_butta
05-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Bonner is getting out Bonnered by Frye. Why can't he hit his threes? I mean he is not off he is way off on his shot. He must have caught whatever RMJ has. These guys should be gone for good in the off season. It will be one of the reasons to celebrate when the season does end. You can get what Bonner does in a free agent at 1/3 the price.
I honestly cannot wait until we are rid of Bonner and Mason, and I hope to God someone can come in here and actually make open shots. I think that is the sad part about us, our guards are so good that these guys get WIDE OPEN looks and they cannot knock them down....Even a mediocre 3 point shooter would be able to knock down more than them.

in2deep
05-04-2010, 09:18 AM
No more minutes to Mason please God

MateoNeygro
05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Newsflash. RMJ is GARBAGE.

Shastafarian
05-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Spurs lose when Mason plays.

Game 1 vs Dallas : Minutes - 9 L
Game 2 vs Dallas : Minutes - 6 W (remember Spurs were up big, mason played relative garbage minutes and his presence almost blew the game for them)
Game 3 vs Dallas : Minutes - 1 W
Game 4 vs Dallas : Minutes - 0 W
Game 5 vs Dallas : Minutes - 28 L
Game 6 vs Dallas : Minutes - 0 W

Game 1 vs Phx : Minutes - 12 L (he even played crunch time minutes :rollin )

Spurs Brazil
05-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Mason is the worst player to ever put a Spurs uniform. There were other bad players but they played hard. Mason doesn't care and still ask for a trade

FUCK YOU MASON. You suck so much that I hope you end playing next year here in Brazil league so I can go to a game and curse at you all night

Sausage
05-04-2010, 02:54 PM
It's amazing that this is the same guy just a year ago!

VtRuC0oRTJQ

I was one of the biggest Roger Mason fans last year, now I cringe whenever I see him on the court. Don't let the door hit you on the way out "MoneyMase"

bd_monster
05-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I cant remember the last time mason hit a 3! Can You?

Sisk
05-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Mason should play better.

His fault.

Pop's fault for playing such a horrible player.

Play Temple.

pad300
05-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Mason is a playoff choke artist, just like Bonner. Neither of them should be on this teams roster. We should have traded Finley and Mason to Chicago for Salmons; we'd be so much better off. We could even reduce RJ's invisible minutes...

Further, play Temple, Hairston, or even Gee ahead of Mason. His balls have shrivelled up and hidden. Try the D-leaguers, it's not like we've got anything to lose in sitting Mason.

objective
05-04-2010, 04:37 PM

didn't Frye also add some blocks?

lol, Bonner is so worthless.

kaji157
05-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I think the time for Mason was over this last game due to a combination of facts.

His last PO run.
How he is playing right now.
The way Bogans played yesterday and against the Mavs last game.

I think that after this game Bogans will be the recipe of all the minutes available for 3rd string SG or SF. Maybe we see Temple or Hairston.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I would have waived Mason long ago, and now I would just deactivate him and play Temple and Gee.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I cant remember the last time mason hit a 3! Can You?

He hit one in Game 5 against Dallas, where he was 1/3 from 3 and 1/6 overall in 27 minutes.

My only guess is that Pop wanted to see if the Mason who showed up in Phoenix our last regular season game with them in April, would show up in the playoffs. Can you imagine a line like this from him in the playoffs?

Apr 7 @PHO
Min: 31:18
FGs: 7/14
3s: 4/9
Pts: 18
Boards: 6
Assists: 1
Turnovers: 0

Granted, we still lost that game, but Hill sat, and Tony still wasn't healthy.

Blackjack
05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
RMJ is worthless

Roger Mason: $3,780,000

Unfortunately for Holt ... he's not; I'm sure 6-5's helpful with the light fixtures, though. :tu

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
There isn't really a point of playing Mason..he isn't going to be back next year, so it's really puzzling..

At least with Hairston and Temple, you get guys that are physically capable of defending at the NBA level..neither guy has proved to be an NBA player, but getting defensive effort is better than anything Mason can bring at this point..he's no longer capable of making shots, making him completely useless, since he's one of the worst defensive players in the NBA..

I don't expect Hairston or Temple to do anything significant..shit, they might not even be upgrades in general, but at least they'll give a consistent effort defensively, which is more than I can say for Mason..a guy that asked to be traded and couldn't deliver once he was actually given minutes..

peskypesky
05-04-2010, 06:18 PM
worthless is an overestimation of his abilities. i wish i could feel sorry for the guy, but IMO, both he and RJ should be refunding the Spurs a lot of money.

peskypesky
05-04-2010, 06:18 PM
FUCK YOU MASON. You suck so much that I hope you end playing next year here in Brazil league so I can go to a game and curse at you all night

:lmao

Doe
05-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm still shaking my head at what became of Mason. I just watched that game winners video and remember how awesome he was at times last season. He simply fell of a cliff after that trade request. It's a contract year and he's playing like this, WTF this dude is like bizarro Jerome James.

I'd also advocate playing Temple/Hairston/D-League scrub over him. Only IF he is slotted for minutes though. I understood why Pop kept playing him and I would've done the same but it's not looking like it's ever going to pay off. Maybe the Spurs get lucky and Temple hits a shot or two.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I can't help but to feel sorry for Mason. Can you imagine what it must be like for him in that locker room? If us fans are upset, I bet his teammates are PISSED.

SenorSpur
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM

The only way to survive is for Pop to replace both these non-producing parts.