PDA

View Full Version : Should we go small against the Suns?

SinBAD
05-04-2010, 01:23 AM
We obviously have the better starters but they have the better bench. When Pop went small, they were forced to match us and Amare guarded Tim.This puts Amare in foul trouble which would kill the suns.

Right now we cant play a 10 man rotation.RMJ should not see any minutes. Bogans can get min here and there.Bonner has to hit some 3s if he wants to play.he is not here for floaters.

Lets see how pop reacts but I believe the spurs will go small for most of the game.Expect RJ to be more aggressive next game.

No reason to panic.
Go spurs.

ploto
05-04-2010, 01:29 AM
We obviously have the better starters...

Nash + Amare + JRich= 83 points, 32-52 FG%; 22 rebounds; 10 assists

DAF86
05-04-2010, 01:36 AM
No small ball, take advantage of our size advantage, I think it's pretty much established that we aren't going to beat them by outgunning them. We have to win the rbds, battle and attack the basket.

the line-up of: TP, Manu, RJ, Dice and Duncan was something like +10 tonight. That should be our go to line-up (with maybe Hill instead of RJ, whoever is playing better) and the only other players to see (limited) action should be Blair and Bonner, Just like in the series against Dallas.

Goran Dragic
05-04-2010, 01:37 AM
I agree with DAF. I don't understand why Dice only got 19 minutes tonight.

the crimson blur
05-04-2010, 03:43 AM
I agree with DAF. I don't understand why Dice only got 19 minutes tonight.

He was on pace for his usual 25-30 minutes but he didn't play in the entire fourth. Small ball was working so Pop stuck with it.

BronxCowboy
05-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Spurs gave up way too many points in the paint last night to be competitive against the Suns. I don't think full-time small ball will fix that, but I could be wrong. I didn't get to see the second half when Pop went small (damn cable :bang) but Nash was getting inside way to easily in the first half. The help defenders were rotating late from what I saw, and at times it was like George and Manu were practically begging him to drive. I think just pay more attention to protecting the paint, and the Spurs will be fine.

Danny.Zhu
05-04-2010, 07:25 AM
The answer depends on Duncan's dominance under the basket.

DarrinS
05-04-2010, 07:32 AM
That's exactly what the Suns want us to do, but it has worked before. I'd rather make them play halfcourt basketball.

cd98
05-04-2010, 07:36 AM
Can the Suns shoot like that over a seven game series? No small ball. But the Spurs do need a contribution off the bench. Bonner, Mason, Boggans, or Blair needs to give them something or our starters are going to wear down.

2Cleva
05-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Key to beating Phx always is to go big and control the tempo.

The problem for SA right now is that they don't have the big to dominate with Duncan. Bonner and Dyess are jumpshooters - not getting their points dirty in the paint. And Blair isn't ready - nor tall enough.

Parker, Ginobili, and Parker already play fast naturally - which feeds into what Phx wants to do. Going true smallball is walking right into their trap.

DarrinS
05-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Key to beating Phx always is to go big and control the tempo.

The problem for SA right now is that they don't have the big to dominate with Duncan. Bonner and Dyess are jumpshooters - not getting their points dirty in the paint. And Blair isn't ready - nor tall enough.

Parker, Ginobili, and Parker already play fast naturally - which feeds into what Phx wants to do. Going true smallball is walking right into their trap.

All this is true, but Blair does play big for his size. Since Stoudemire is such a vajayjay on D, I think Blair can get some easy putbacks. Besides, we need him so Timmy can get a breather.