PDA

View Full Version : R. Jefferson... oh lordy

DMX7
05-04-2010, 02:18 AM
In a game where both teams scored more than 100 points, RJ managed to score only one basket in 33 minutes as a starter. :bang

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2010, 02:20 AM
I didn't mind his lack of scoring, he didn't really get any touches..

His rebounding and defense was pathetic though, which is what we've come to expect from Jefferson when he doesn't get touches..usually happens to mentally weak players..

jag
05-04-2010, 02:22 AM
I didn't mind his lack of scoring, he didn't really get any touches..

His rebounding and defense was pathetic though, which is what we've come to expect from Jefferson when he doesn't get touches..usually happens to mentally weak players..

...or players who gauge the quality of their play on offensive production.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 02:24 AM
RJ was pathetic. RMJ was pathetic. TDs free throws were pathetic. Crazy ass finger rolls dropping for Dragic and Stoudamire were pathetic.

And we were in the game with 2:00 to go.

I wish we could've taken it, perhaps we should have taken it, but correct a couple of simple mistakes and make a single bucket down the stretch, and we have Game 2.

NewJerSpur
05-04-2010, 02:27 AM
RJ was pathetic. RMJ was pathetic. TDs free throws were pathetic. Crazy ass finger rolls dropping for Dragic and Stoudamire were pathetic.

And we were in the game with 2:00 to go.

I wish we could've taken it, perhaps we should have taken it, but correct a couple of simple mistakes and make a single bucket down the stretch, and we have Game 2.

The Dragic ones were especially lethal, lol. Dude hit two or three of them just leaping into the air not even looking at the rim until the last minute when the defense had him flustered. Kept the Spurs at bay.

bigdog
05-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Don't blame him for his lack of touches. Although, it would be nice to see him go to the hole a bit more. Also, I'm tired of seeing the same few plays run by the Spurs. Pick and roll, pick and roll, Duncan on the block, pick and roll, Duncan on the block, etc. I miss seeing more movement.

DMX7
05-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Don't blame him for his lack of touches. Although, it would be nice to see him go to the hole a bit more. Also, I'm tired of seeing the same few plays run by the Spurs. Pick and roll, pick and roll, Duncan on the block, pick and roll, Duncan on the block, etc. I miss seeing more movement.

What do you mean by touches? He didn't have a lot of plays drawn up for him but he had plenty of touches. And Good things actually happened when he drove to the basket. Too bad he only did a few times though.

awktalk
05-04-2010, 02:37 AM
TDs passiveness in the low block killed us. They didn't change it up at all. Entry pass, fake double, TD looking into the wilderness, ball goes on the floor and the double comes. He made a couple of shots out of that sequence, but also got fouled a bunch and bricked his throws, and made bad or inconsequential passes the other times.

MUST. GO. TO. THE. HOLE.

Pero
05-04-2010, 04:48 AM
The Dragic ones were especially lethal, lol. Dude hit two or three of them just leaping into the air not even looking at the rim until the last minute when the defense had him flustered. Kept the Spurs at bay.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. He made two layups, missed two layups, and got two shots blocked if I'm not mistaken, plus two turnovers. He plain sucked tonight. Dude kept the Spurs in the game, not at bay.

Slippy
05-04-2010, 07:50 AM
It may not show in stats but RJ's defense was quite good . On offense he's a non-factor. Part of it is playing too un-slefish , the other is by design.

DaBears
05-04-2010, 08:02 AM
JR while he was passive for pretty much the entire game... He never got the ball, i think he had 8 touches all game.. I dont think anyone really passed him the ball. And out of those 8 times he got the ball he either passed it cause he was not in a position to take advantage of his situation or he took a shot at the basket...

Now i thought his "D" was good but i cant quite remember whom he was suppose to gaurd..

But hopefully this is mentioned today by the spurs camp cause RJ does need to be part of this team.

da_suns_fan
05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
He sucks. Hes sucked all year. It was a desperation trade when the Spurs made it.

sa_butta
05-04-2010, 09:10 AM
He sucks. Hes sucked all year. It was a desperation trade when the Spurs made it.
As much as that hurts I can't say that I disagree with this.
Spurs FO thought they had another scorer to add to the team, so far we have not gotten our moneys worth. However this is a different roll for him he is not getting near the touches he got previously. He was the man in Milwaulkee, he was going to be the fourth guy here, I guess he just never adjusted to that roll and we have not exactly drawn up alot of plays for him either.

MateoNeygro
05-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Terrible!

in2deep
05-04-2010, 11:49 AM
meh, as Doug Collins said it I beleive, he will have 1 good game this series and Spurs will win. Spurs somehow need to find a way to win the 3 others w/out him.

DaBears
05-04-2010, 01:09 PM
He needs more touches then.. I dont see what the problem here is then, If his problem is as simple as that then should be easy to fix..But as is the case so many times this yr i never see him get hte ball... How can anyone except him to be productive with only 8 touches all game.. shit even the Suns bench player Amundson had lie 10 touches.. lets be real it was not his fault that he was not able to be productive.. I bet in a game 2 it will be a different story out there...

sananspursfan21
05-04-2010, 01:17 PM

it for sure wasn't a desperation trade

davemaniscool
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Jefferson is a slasher off a pass player and is not versatile. He's been that type of player during his career.

They need to be getting him the ball when he's cutting to the basket and encouraging him to do it. Use his strengths instead of always giving him the wtf look.

He needs some confidence maybe some coddling which should help his d against J-Rich.

We can deal with his bs at the end of the season but right now Spurs need him especially against J-Rich or Grant Hill.