PDA

View Full Version : Here's a thought: we are too predictable

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 02:53 AM
How many people agree that the Spurs' predictability will hurt them more and more as they face stronger defensive teams?

While we all agree that the Spurs did not shoot too well this game vs. Suns, I think it's valuable to consider what we've been doing on offense lately. I think it's becoming too predictable, and that effectively will make it harder each game to score. It seems like the Ginobili-Duncan pick and roll has been overly used and you can see that teams are aware of it...the Mavs tried disrupting those passes from Manu to Tim and for much of the series against Dallas they would run the pick n roll and would result to nothing..specifically, Manu would cross back to the right side with his left hand like 90% of the time and it's making him drive off of it less.

I'm not saying it's unusually more predictable than other teams, but when you watch the Suns and recognize they will throw millions of picks, it's still hard to predict how it all ends because Nash is a genius with his moves and he scores virtually in any way from any spot via pull up jumper or lay up.

The Spurs have few go-to options on offense many times especially when Manu is not on the court, or Parker. I just think we aren't moving around as much and also in fewer ways. Manu has increasingly become the guy to start off the offense each play, the ball starts in his hands often but I don't think he's best utilized when this is the case for a lot of the game. I want to see more varied plays, back screens, etc. finding our scorers in motion. This post really has no organization anymore but I just think we need more off ball screens to open up our rim attackers, Manu, Jefferson, Parker, even Hill, and getting looks from different approaches. I'm tired of watching Manu and Duncan play pick and roll and watch everyone else stand around.

I really have no idea.

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Also: I do not want to see a Jefferson jumper until he gets a bucket or two by taking it to the rack. Find a way to provide him with a lane to the rim and things will happen. But please, no more wasted early contagious jumpers from scrub ass jump shooters. To the rack Jefferson, you can't do anything else. Use the athleticism, get easy buckets and/or Amare in foul trouble.