PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's Demise & Hopeful Resurrection

Rover82
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Tim Duncan, Hall of Famer, leader, all around epitome of a Spur.

Even with all that in mind...as games go by, its gets all the more clear his time up is closer. I still believe in the guy no doubt, how could you not?

BUT, its hard to watch. The knees are old, he can't jump, he can move side to side, he doesn't like to draw contact, and most painfully, he still can't make a free throw. The half court offense isn't near as good with him posting up as it was for the last decade.

He is GREAT about out 5 or 6 games now. I think I get even more frustrated when he goes to the line and we are losing by 5 or 6 and he has already missed as many FT attempts.

I could talk about RJ, Mason and the likes too, but thought this deserved its own thread.

The guy is too smart and too good. I know he has another run in him. Here's to hoping its right now.

sa_butta
05-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I know Duncan has slowed up, but the truth is, is he still has game left in him. I have noticed offensively he has been less aggressive at times. I think he needs to get the fire back and stop trying so hard to will the ball in. On defense I also blame the lack of help defense on the weak side, if/when he gets beat there is noone there when there should be. I think everyone knows that Amare is quicker and the TEAM should account for that.

blkroadrunners
05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Duncan had a pretty solid game last night overall. He played a little sluggish in the first half, but stepped up huge defensively in the second.

I'm just hoping he shows some consistency as the series goes on. In the past series he had a few good/great games followed by a few bad ones. Of course he's 34 now w/ a lot of games played under his belt, but this Phx frontcourt on defense doesn't pose a serious threat as compared to Dallas where he should take advantage of.

DesignatedT
05-04-2010, 01:23 PM
He is 34 fucking years old. What else do you want him to do... The younger guys are going to have to step up now for us to win and its on them if we don't perform. (Look at the Mavs series for evidence) Hill or RJ are going to have to play better (Offensively and Defensively) for us to have a chance. It's not Duncan.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
He is 34 fucking years old. What else do you want him to do... The younger guys are going to have to step up now for us to win and its on them if we don't perform. (Look at the Mavs series for evidence) Hill or RJ are going to have to play better (Offensively and Defensively) for us to have a chance. It's not Duncan.

Tim's got age and miles on him but if he can't play to about 85-90% like he did in title seasons past than we can't beat this team. They are too good for Tim to be 60% of what he was and we still win.. Tim needs to summon up 5 or 6 games in a row of vintage Tim Duncan basketball..

Sigz
05-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Tim Duncan looked like garbage the past 4 games.

He looks so uncontrolled on offense, just chucking the ball up and hoping it looks 'fundamental'.

Frenzy
05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
D collins refers to him as "running water" I guess Like you can count on Timmy getting baskets or making plays just like you can count on running water. Water looks like it's drying up. He did look in pain and slow out there. However you can't help but cheer for the big guy. I hope duncan puts to rest all doubts in his next few games. Spurs need him... he is the NUCLEUS.

Bring it home.