PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy but I think Tim played solid D on Amare

TDfan2007
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
With the exception of that one embarrassing play in the 1st half he made Amare work and take tough shots.

Tim's offense on the other hand was embarrassing. I don't think he scored one time in the post.

Also, not sure if anyone noticed this, but his FT stance is different now. His legs are closer together.

To me it's inexplicable how he went from being a 74% FT shooter over 82 games to basically becoming Ben Wallace at the FT line in the playoffs.

Anyway, Manu needs to stop jacking up 3s, Tim needs to play like a man in the post, and Tony needs to do a better job of recognizing open teammates off the pick and roll. Aside from those glaring issues the big 3 played well.

It's up to RJ and Dice to step up in game 2. I don't see Hill having a great series simply because of matchups, but RJ's aggressiveness on offense and defense could very well determine the series. He needs to be our 4th scorer.

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Anyway, Manu needs to stop jacking up 3s, Tim needs to play like a man in the post, and Tony needs to do a better job of recognizing open teammates off the pick and roll. Aside from those glaring issues the big 3 played well.

No way???? :toast

And Tim did do a decent job, Amare just got a lot of horseshit lucky rolls from the rim.

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2010, 01:13 PM
No way???? :toast

And Tim did do a decent job, Amare just got a lot of horseshit lucky rolls from the rim.

That's Amare's game. That would be like saying Tim gets a lot of lucky bounces off of the glass when he shoots it off the backboard on the left block; or Steve Nash gets lucky swishes when he shoots free throws.

He's the best big man finisher in the game, and leads the league in And-1's.

DesignatedT
05-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Tim did a solid job on Amare all night. A much better job than what Dice was able to do. Duncan should be able to do better offensively, especially when they put guys like collins,frye, and amundson on him. He HAS to take advantage against that.

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Tim did a solid job on Amare all night. A much better job than what Dice was able to do. Duncan should be able to do better offensively, especially when they put guys like collins,frye, and amundson on him. He HAS to take advantage against that.

I think it was the help defense. The Spurs decided that Amare wasn't going to beat them and doubled him more often that in recent years. Exact opposite when they were willing to let Amare score 40 each game.

DesignatedT
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I think it was the help defense. The Spurs decided that Amare wasn't going to beat them and doubled him more often that in recent years. Exact opposite when they were willing to let Amare score 40 each game.

I don't remember seeing the spurs double amare...

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't remember seeing the spurs double amare...

I saw it quite a few times. They didn't do it every play, but it was there. They also doubled Richardson/Hill when they had the ball on the block as well.

da_suns_fan
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
He did do a good job.

Im wondering if the Suns will adjust to the Spurs jumping out on screens. Nash should try to split the defenders if theyre going to cheat like that and Amare should get some more open dunks.

Andy25
05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I saw it quite a few times. They didn't do it every play, but it was there. They also doubled Richardson/Hill when they had the ball on the block as well.
That's because they had either Hill or Parker trying to play D on them and they would just post them up and back them down and abuse them. They had to come with the double.

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2010, 02:11 PM
That's because they had either Hill or Parker trying to play D on them and they would just post them up and back them down and abuse them. They had to come with the double.

I agree. The Suns love to switch on the pick and roll and exploit the matchup. They have been doing it all year.

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 02:53 PM
That's Amare's game. That would be like saying Tim gets a lot of lucky bounces off of the glass when he shoots it off the backboard on the left block; or Steve Nash gets lucky swishes when he shoots free throws.

He's the best big man finisher in the game, and leads the league in And-1's.

No, it's completely opposite of saying Nash gets lucky when he swishes....it means it was a great shot.

And I know Amare is a great finisher, and the first statements you said agree with what I believe...I do think a lot of Tim's shots are up to luck because his takes some retarded off balance shots that I have been saying are up to luck for them to go in. However, the 45 degree bank shot is not one of those shots, for obvious reasons.

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
No, it's completely opposite of saying Nash gets lucky when he swishes....it means it was a great shot.

And I know Amare is a great finisher, and the first statements you said agree with what I believe...I do think a lot of Tim's shots are up to luck because his takes some retarded off balance shots that I have been saying are up to luck for them to go in. However, the 45 degree bank shot is not one of those shots, for obvious reasons.

Nash shoots half of his shots off balanced as well. Probably more than anyone in the league. For most anyone else, it is a bad, lucky shot. Not Nash.

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Those aren't "lucky" shots..a shot can't be considered "luck" if it happens often..Stoudemire and Nash both have a great touch on their shots..Nash with his jump shots and unorthodox layups, and Stoudemire with his finishes..Duncan is the same way inside..

For a guy like Nash, developing an unorthodox style with circus layups and off-balance shots was pretty much the only way he could be as good as he is..he's obviously at a disadvantage physically, but he has made up for it by using the style he does and his IQ..it still amazes me how he gets shots over bigger defenders in the paint and gets by quicker perimeter defenders with ease..

Dragic made some lucky shots though IMO..I know he's a decent player and an improved player, but he threw up 2 shots where he wasn't even looking at the net..that's basketball though, shit happens, it's not like the games are usually won with luck, despite what some idiot fans will say..

Duncan's defense was very poor in the 1st half, he wasn't focused and as assertive as he should be from a defensive standpoint..he turned it around in the 2nd half though, his D was great and it had a big part in the Spurs' first run, since his blocks triggered the transition opportunities..

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Nash shoots half of his shots off balanced as well. Probably more than anyone in the league. For most anyone else, it is a bad, lucky shot. Not Nash.
Are you serious dude?

The difference is Nash makes the majority of those shots. He's a 6'3" guard with very good body control, and that control allows those off balance jumpers and lay-ups go in the majority of the time.
Duncan on the other hand does not have that control, his off balance shit is the opposite, as he barely gets off the ground and his shot form does not provide much room for control over the result. Don't believe this, it makes sense when you consider his free throws...he just slings the ball up and forward all in a quick motion. Nash: well I don't really have to say much more other than his form is very good.

Dirk Nowitzki also shoots many shots off balance or fading away. Are you gonna tell me that for that specific reason Dirk's jumpers are luck? Haha, if you watched the first round, you'd be crazy to believe that.

Nash and Dirk are of the best jump shooters in NBA history.