PDA

View Full Version : Radmonovic out "indefinitely"

CosmicCowboy
05-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Apparently Seattle radio is reporting that as expected Radmanovic is probably gone for the series...

travis2
05-09-2005, 01:41 PM
After watching his ankle bend 90 degrees in a direction it wasn't meant to bend in, I don't doubt it.

Jimcs50
:depressed

That sucks for Seattle.

They have been biten by the injury bug too much this year.

I feel bad for their fans...I have been there and it sucks to have that happen to your team.

Hopefully Allen can play tomorrow.

Jimcs50
Can I change my prediction of Spurs in 6?

:)

MannyIsGod
05-09-2005, 01:42 PM
I still say Spurs in no more than 5. I feel no pitty for Seattle. Devin is still sitting on the bench unable to play.

ladiesman
05-09-2005, 01:43 PM
That sucks big time... He is their X-factor. He can get the bigs out to guard him leaving the lanes open for the guards. Oh well, It is all to Mrs. Allen now

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Manny, that is not a good attitude...it is not the Seattle fan's fault that Devin got hurt.

Have some empathy, we Spurs fans should know about this more than anyone.

TD's knee, DRobs finger, and Anderson's shoulder injury all happened at the worst times...and the Spurs lost in playoffs because of them.....it sucks for the fans too.

Dingle Barry
05-09-2005, 01:49 PM
yup. it really sucks. i wonder what year we will have robots playing instead of humans.

MannyIsGod
05-09-2005, 01:49 PM
:lol Jim, we're talking about Seattle fans not Tsunami victims.

Besides, Seattle has been the team with the largest mouth all year long. Ray is a pansy and karma is a bitch.

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 01:50 PM
:lol Jim, we're talking about Seattle fans not Tsunami victims.

Well, in 00, I felt like a tsunami victim.

MannyIsGod
05-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, in 00, I felt like a tsunami victim.

00 sucked, but it was nothing compared to 01.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
No pity, It is win or go home BOTTOM LINE!!!!! brother.You think they have pity for us. Hell no we get no respect Remember.... !!!!!! are you not watching how the nba treats us and the television, Dude, come on man take the trophy and go home end of story.

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 01:54 PM
00 sucked, but it was nothing compared to 01.

00 worse because the Spurs would have won back to back...they were so much better than everyone else...01, the Lakers were playing great and probably would have won anyway, despite DA's injury.

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 01:56 PM
No pity, It is win or go home BOTTOM LINE!!!!! brother.You think they have pity for us. Hell no we get no respect Remember.... !!!!!! are you not watching how the nba treats us and the television, Dude, come on man take the trophy and go home end of story.

IF Spurs can not beat a Seattle team at full strength, they have no business being on same court as Phoenix or Dallas in WCFs

They have to be tested...playing a beat up Sonics team does nothing to prepare them for the next level.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Say dude did you read what I wrote

waly.mg
05-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Can I change my prediction of Spurs in 6?

I want first Spurs 2 - Sonics 0

The Opera it is not finished until the fat lady sings

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 01:59 PM
IF Spurs can not beat a Seattle team at full strength, they have no business being on same court as Phoenix or Dallas in WCFs

They have to be tested...playing a beat up Sonics team does nothing to prepare them for the next level.

It gives them confidence all the way!!!! You win and press on wether it is 5, 10, or 15 players who cares. You are there to win no matter what. This is 5 wins in a row keep the win streak going. Stop at nothing!!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!
that is what that means....

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 02:06 PM
It gives them confidence all the way!!!! You win and press on wether it is 5, 10, or 15 players who cares. You are there to win no matter what. This is 5 wins in a row keep the win streak going. Stop at nothing!!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!
that is what that means....

Yeah that 4-0 sweep against Memphis last year really helped them against the Lakers last year, huh?

:rolleyes

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah that 4-0 sweep against Memphis last year really helped them against the Lakers last year, huh?

I live in the present my man, I don't think about before it is time to think ahead and the Spurs are on the right track plus the Lakers or Memphis are not in the playoffs. I still have no pity on teams that talks about us or disrespect us BOTTOM LINE!!!!

MadDog73
05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Two thoughts:

One, while playing a long hard series can "prepare" you, it can also leave you fatigued and/or injured. Mavs / Suns should beat themselves up nicely, and I don't think that will be a "good" thing for either team.

Two: The Sonics aren't done yet, and why tempt fate? Take one game at a time, nothing can be as dangerous as a wounded animal...

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Two thoughts:

One, while playing a long hard series can "prepare" you, it can also leave you fatigued and/or injured. Mavs / Suns should beat themselves up nicely, and I don't think that will be a "good" thing for either team.

Two: The Sonics aren't done yet, and why tempt fate? Take one game at a time, nothing can be as dangerous as a wounded animal...

true, true...

I still want the Spurs to get mentally tough and be prepared for much tougher competition down the road.

Beating beat up teams, teams that nobody is giving a chance to beat you does nothing but instill a false sense of perfection.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Sounds to me like you all are giving sympathy to Ray Allen, because he is injured, man he walked of the court during half time. Why? are you cutting this guy some slack and his team. They disrespect us by talking bad about Bowen, then you say It's O.K. Allen is hurt but he will come back. Man what kind of fan are you.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Some are assuming too much about this series. Spurs still have a ton of work to do to get through this round. Seattle will bounce back and play much better in the next 3 games, so the onus is on the Spurs to up the level of their play.

I'm disappointed to see Radmanovich go down. If you are truly a basketball fan, you cannot be pleased to see any player get hurt and particularly not a playoff time. I obviously would like the Spurs to win, but not because (or even partially because) the other team is hampered by injuries. I was disappointed that Dirk got hurt in 2003, even though it eventually helped my team, and I'm hopeful that Allen will be able to play for the remainder of this series. If he plays and if he's good enough to beat the Spurs, so be it.

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Sounds to me like you all are giving sympathy to Ray Allen, because he is injured, man he walked of the court during half time. Why? are you cutting this guy some slack and his team. They disrespect us by talking bad about Bowen, then you say It's O.K. Allen is hurt but he will come back. Man what kind of fan are you.

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 02:37 PM
How old are you?

15?

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Some are assuming too much about this series. Spurs still have a ton of work to do to get through this round. Seattle will bounce back and play much better in the next 3 games, so the onus is on the Spurs to up the level of their play.

I'm disappointed to see Radmanovich go down. If you are truly a basketball fan, you cannot be pleased to see any player get hurt and particularly not a playoff time. I obviously would like the Spurs to win, but not because (or even partially because) the other team is hampered by injuries. I was disappointed that Dirk got hurt in 2003, even though it eventually helped my team, and I'm hopeful that Allen will be able to play for the remainder of this series. If he plays and if he's good enough to beat the Spurs, so be it.

That is what I am saying.

well said FWD.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Go ahead dude I am listening.

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 02:39 PM
how old are you, 50?

Close, but not yet.

Does my wisdom show that well?

:lol

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Go ahead dude I am listening.

Just read what I wrote in every post in this thread and get back to me.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
That is what I am saying.

well said FWD.

That is why the other team has a bench!!!! I am not going to sit here and watch Allen get healthy so they can get back in it and still talk bad about Bowen. Wether he is playing or not. I don't care as long as we put away the wounded one and PRESS ON!!!!!!

MadDog73
05-09-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm fairly certain that Allen will be back. But if he doesn't come back, then there's a chance that the Spurs won't respect a "wounded" Sonic team (that was what I was alluding to earlier).

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm fairly certain that Allen will be back. But if he doesn't come back, then there's a chance that the Spurs won't respect a "wounded" Sonic team (that was what I was alluding to earlier).

Am I going overboard on this Dog .What do you think

MadDog73
05-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Am I going overboard on this Dog .What do you think

I get where you're coming from - the Spurs need that Killer Instinct. I can't help thinking back to the 2003 Dallas series where we lost that game (or was it two?) WITHOUT Dirk in the line-up. That's what scares me about a wounded Sonics team - without a leading scorer, there's less predictability on the offense, and if the 3's start going in...

So, I'm not "excited" that Ray Allen is hurt. It doesn't mean anything. Spurs need to beat this team, with or without Allen in the line-up.

On that, I think we all agree! :D

BigVee
05-09-2005, 03:16 PM
The sooner the Spurs beat this team the better. Whatever helps do that is great. Too bad about injuries, but why do you think the Spurs are #2 seed anyway? Rest for the still injured will do more good than building confidence at this point.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 03:19 PM
The sooner the Spurs beat this team the better. Whatever helps do that is great. Too bad about injuries, but why do you think the Spurs are #2 seed anyway? Rest for the still injured will do more good than building confidence at this point.

Right On Man, This is what I am talking about.

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2005, 03:51 PM
I guess I'm not ever going to be happy about injuries because I've had my heart broken too many times by injuries to Spurs players -- injuries that cost my team the chance to compete at the highest level it could. I remember those heartbreaks and think about fans in Seattle who might be facing that reality. I think of it this way: there but for the grace of God go the Spurs. Just as Radmanovic may be done for the series, a similar fate could befall any of the key Spurs.

There's little you can do about injuries, and certainly the Spurs should do what they can to take advantage of the injuries, but as a fan of the game who tries to see things somewhat objectively, I hate that injuries happen in the playoffs. Plus, we're dealing with human beings here -- guys who have worked very, very hard to get to where they are and who deserve a chance to be tested at full strength.

I want Allen and Radmanovic to get better because I want there to be no excuses going either way. I also feel for fans of other teams whose chances are diminished by key injuries.

As for the argument concerning Seattle's bench: there's a reason those guys are on Seattle's bench, and it's not because they are the kinds of guys who carry teams to titles. They are complimentary players who function best within the right scheme, surrounded by the right players. That Seattle has a bench doesn't mean that their team is at its best when those guys are forced to play outside of the roles that suit them best.

Horry For 3!
05-09-2005, 03:55 PM
I didn't think Radmanovic would play another game in the series. Ray Allen should be back tomorrow if he isn't a pussy.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
05-09-2005, 04:42 PM
:I feel bad for their fans...I have been there and it sucks to have that happen to your team.

fuck yeah its happened to us big time this year. we also felt it when tim went down and we lost to the suns 2000.

T Park
05-09-2005, 05:43 PM
I was disappointed that Dirk got hurt in 2003, even though it eventually helped my team

He got hurt in game 4 about in the 4th quarter and the Spurs were already up by about 12 or 14.

The Spurs were gonna beat the Mavericks WITH or WITHOUT Nowitzki.

The Sonics are injured??

Being the fan of a team that had their best player injured for about a month, and other players missing almost as much, I feel zippity do dah.

Samr
05-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Things GayRay blames Bowen for:

the slow healing process

FromWayDowntown
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
He got hurt in game 4 about in the 4th quarter and the Spurs were already up by about 12 or 14.

The Spurs were gonna beat the Mavericks WITH or WITHOUT Nowitzki.

Pretty bold statement there, TPark, particularly in light of the fact that the Mavericks, without Dirk, managed to win Game 5 and had a significant 4th quarter lead in Game 6. Who knows what would have happened had Dirk played in either game, but the point is that Dallas couldn't have been at full strength without it's best player (much as the Spurs were not at full strength without their their best player (or instrumental players) at various points in 2002, 2000, 1992, and 1976).

Jimcs50
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Pretty bold statement there, TPark, particularly in light of the fact that the Mavericks, without Dirk, managed to win Game 5 and had a significant 4th quarter lead in Game 6. Who knows what would have happened had Dirk played in either game, but the point is that Dallas couldn't have been at full strength without it's best player (much as the Spurs were not at full strength without their their best player (or instrumental players) at various points in 2002, 2000, 1992, and 1976).

TPark talks out of his ass more than any single person in the history of the forum.

This is precisely why I want the Sonics to be at full strengh, I do not want anyone yrs from now thinking that SA would not have won the championship had it not been for Ray's and Rad's injuries.

TPark, we did not exactly blow Dallas away in that series, it was close enough that had they had a 100% healthy Dirk, they might have turned that series around. They did come back from the dead this past week against Houston, yes???

I am tired of all the "asterisks" involved with the Spurs' wins...I want to have 1 championship where SA beat all comers at full strength w/o anyone questioning the validity of their championship.

We have used injuries as excuses in here, so why can't other team's fans???

weebo
05-09-2005, 08:57 PM
How can any of you have any sense of empathy for any team that's trying to beat us?! I say you go for the kill whether they're healthy or not. Jimcs, this
Spurs is battled tested. I 'm pretty sure you know the Spurs have a few players with a lot of championship experience--so why in the world would you think this team will need any more "toughing up?" As far as sonix fans go, I could care less what they say or how they feel. Do any of you honestly think they would show the same type of compassion if one of our guys went down? I think not. If POP could here some of this shit, he would call some of you out for being soft!!!! :lol