PDA

View Full Version : Manu should wear the mask in game 2

Tp9gospursgo
05-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I think he should at least try it because last night I saw them having to re tape it cause the tape was coming off. The mask has more protection and also an intimidation factor :lol He says the mask interfered with his vision? How does that big bulky piece of tape not effect his vision? It also seems like it would be annoying game after game to take off the tape. IMO he should wear the mask. Anyone else think so? :flag:

Giuseppe
05-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Sure, and perhaps have Pop build a shoestore in his ass afore tip wouldn't do any harm either.

Tp9gospursgo
05-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Sure, and perhaps have Pop build a shoestore in his ass afore tip wouldn't do any harm either.

Go back to the Lakers forum please.

Dex
05-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I think he should at least try it because last night I saw them having to re tape it cause the tape was coming off. The mask has more protection and also an intimidation factor :lol He says the mask interfered with his vision? How does that big bulky piece of tape not effect his vision? It also seems like it would be annoying game after game to take off the tape. IMO he should wear the mask. Anyone else think so? :flag:

Do you see your own nose when you look down? That's how the tape doesn't affect his vision.

A mask is going to cover his whole face which would:
1) get hot and sweaty and constantly be taken on and off
2) have straps that would be equally as distracting as tape
3) block his peripheral vision in the corners, which is vital for a playmaker like Manu

Something tells me Manu is man enough to pull the tape off of his face. I trust he knows what he feels more comfortable with.

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 04:17 PM

No.

A mask would be annoying as shit for obvious reasons, and the tape on his nose does not effect his vision for obvious reasons.

nkdlunch
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
he tried it and doesn't like it. what else do you want?

Tp9gospursgo
05-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, I guess I was just thinking about what could protect him more. Tape just doesnt seem like it protects it as much as a mask would.

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Well, I guess I was just thinking about what could protect him more. Tape just doesnt seem like it protects it as much as a mask would.

It's not just tape, he wears a type of hard splint underneath it...it's not just tape lol, what would only tape do.

He's going to need another corrective surgery I believe anyway after this playoff run, and I think right now the way he plays is of much higher concern than the short term protection. The nose will be fine. I don't see how a guard like Manu who relies on his vision could play better with a big bulky mask on. Fuck the mask, this isn't football it's basketball.

Bulwark
05-04-2010, 05:46 PM
But the mask looks awesome, kind of batman-esque if you ask me

http://yfrog.com/2f3wyej

PM5K
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm all of the mask.

TMTTRIO
05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
he can't even stand the tape. I saw him pull that off a time or two so I doubt he will even look at the mask.

Spursmania
05-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Some of you guys must have never played sports before. Shit, a mask is uncomfortable as hell.:lol

VivaPopovich
05-04-2010, 08:39 PM

yes, i agree. if rip can get use to it, so can he

if he doesnt he might as well tape on a target on his nose

Tp9gospursgo
05-04-2010, 08:43 PM

Finally someone who agrees with me. :toast

ALVAREZ6
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Oh really? Because Rip could get used to it, automatically Manu can? There's no game time to waste to getting used to it...they're down in a playoffs series. McDyess didn't use a mask earlier in his career for the same reason Manu isn't. Rip is just a weirdo, he continued with the mask forever, I think he still wears that thing (I cannot be certain because I haven't watched a Pistons game in forever, as they blow and are never on TV)

Tp9gospursgo
05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
It seems like Manu is getting hesitant and not going to the rim. I don't know if its his nose or what. I think he needs more protection even if its uncomfortable. He will go to the rim more. WEAR THE MASK

Dex
05-06-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/files/186/My%20Documents/monitorsmack.gif

it's me
05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
It seems like Manu is getting hesitant and not going to the rim. I don't know if its his nose or what. I think he needs more protection even if its uncomfortable. He will go to the rim more. WEAR THE MASK

Wear the fucking mask...

cantthinkofanything
05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Oh my god. And my thread about Matt Bonner gets locked!?!!? Those who keep pushing the mask sound like a bunch of mother hens. "Put your coat on", "Tie your shoes", "Don't forget your mask". I don't think the tape is affecting him at all. Throughout his career, he's been a very streaky player when it comes to his shooting %. Breaking his nose may have screwed up the rhythm he was in but I don't think the tape is adding to the situation.

Kamala
05-06-2010, 05:34 PM
It' very gimp/pulp fiction like. It should have a zipper on the mouth that would be hot!

jestersmash
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
He's been shooting awful without the mask. May as well try game 3 with the mask. Maybe the potential for greater peace of mind that his nose is truly protected all around (with the mask) will allow him to drive to the basket more freely and recklessly.

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
You guys are morons.....the lack of the extra protection (compared to the splint he's been wearing) that the mask provides is not the reason Manu hasn't been driving to the rim as often.....

Enough with the mask shit, he's made it clear he won't wear it.