PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 Prediction & Analysis

philliespur
05-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Check out this solid article that offers great insight and a game 2 prediction-
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2966360/nba_2010_playoff_predictions_suns_vs.html?cat=9

Your thoughts? What adjustments must the Spurs make tonight?

philliespur
05-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Go Spurs!!

sa_butta
05-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Dont turn the ball over
transition defense
Rebounding

Spurfect21
05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
-Spurs have to find their 3 point shot, they were fortunate to win agianst the Mavs in one game by not making 3's but it is key to what they do.
-Get RJ going by running plays that put him on the block, build his confidence
-When Frye is on Timmy he needs to put him on his back with quick moves, there is no way Frye can deal with his size and skill in the low block
-----And for god's sake keep Roger Mason out of the game!!!---

elec99
05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
We need a 4th scorer, if we can get RJ that would be ideal. The game we won against the suns in reg season was because RJ had about 19pts.

Their big 3 scored, although I dont think nash will get as much this time, but amare scored below his average. One of them has to be contained, I think it should be richardson. If it's just nash and amare, their offense will be predictable.

Fouls, TOs, even rebounds were almost even between the two. If we can continue to get to the line, BUT only make more of our shots, we could be well off.

You know, the mavs team scared me, add on top of that I hate them which made each game nerve wrecking. I dont hate the suns, but respect their ability to win games quite easily.

sa_butta
05-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I agree that we need a 4th scorer and some 3 point shooting. Hopefully the shots fall tonight.

mando6599
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm hoping there's a repeat of what happened in games 1 and 2 of the Dallas series. Dirk was near perfect as was Nash, pretty much unstoppable. Then in game 2, RJ hit big shots and scored to make that difference along with the big 3. I pause though because everyone here knows Amare didn't have an Amare-type night and that he'll be due tonight, most likely. Spurs need better defense, bottom-line.

lebomb
05-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Spurs by 8? That is a huge line. Im thinking more like 2 or 3. :(

dreamcastrocks
05-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Check out this solid article that offers great insight and a game 2 prediction-
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2966360/nba_2010_playoff_predictions_suns_vs.html?cat=9

Your thoughts? What adjustments must the Spurs make tonight?

I thought the article was a lot of common sense. Improve bench play? Duh.. More from RJ? Duh.. 3 point shooting? Duh..

Spursmania
05-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I thought the article was a lot of common sense. Improve bench play? Duh.. More from RJ? Duh.. 3 point shooting? Duh..

Spursmania
05-05-2010, 11:44 AM

On a more serious question. How did Nash look at the beginning of the Sun/ Portland series v. the end. Do you think his hip will be a serious factor throughout the series?

I'm certain, as the series progresses TD and perhaps Manu will get worn down. I don't think they can withstand the Suns run and gun offense for a 7 game series. But I guess it depends on Nash's health as well.

If Nash plays the way he did on Monday night, the Suns have a great chance of pulling off another win tonight putting them in a great position to steal one in SA. It's all about Nash.

dreamcastrocks
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Ok Mr. Bitter Sun fan. You still mad:lol
chill out noob.

I'm not bitter at all. In fact, I don't even hate the Spurs as most Suns fans do. I just hate Ginobili and his flopping. I have a GREAT deal of respect for Tim Duncan.

Thanks for playing though.

On a more serious question. How did Nash look at the beginning of the Sun/ Portland series v. the end. Do you think his hip will be a serious factor throughout the series?

I'm certain, as the series progresses TD and perhaps Manu will get worn down. I don't think they can withstand the Suns run and gun offense for a 7 game series. But I guess it depends on Nash's health as well.

If Nash plays the way he did on Monday night, the Suns have a great chance of pulling off another win tonight putting them in a great position to steal one in SA. It's all about Nash.

You never can tell with Nash. He was definitely bothered by his injury at the end of the series and didn't say anything about it. We won game 6 in spite of Nash, not because of it. That's pretty rare. I hope he is healthy. We are already playing without a major defensive piece in Lopez.

I don't think that it is all about Nash, but it is pretty close. It is all about offensive spacing (Nash), 3 point shooting, (Nash included, but not encompassing) and the P&R with Amare. (obviously Nash) Nash needs to be careful with the ball and not have more than 3 or 4 turnovers.

dreamcastrocks
05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I actually think that the Suns lose today. :(

Loose Cannon
05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
It's Cinco de Mayo. Spurs are winning.

Spursmania
05-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm not bitter at all. In fact, I don't even hate the Spurs as most Suns fans do. I just hate Ginobili and his flopping. I have a GREAT deal of respect for Tim Duncan.

Thanks for playing though.

You never can tell with Nash. He was definitely bothered by his injury at the end of the series and didn't say anything about it. We won game 6 in spite of Nash, not because of it. That's pretty rare. I hope he is healthy. We are already playing without a major defensive piece in Lopez.

I don't think that it is all about Nash, but it is pretty close. It is all about offensive spacing (Nash), 3 point shooting, (Nash included, but not encompassing) and the P&R with Amare. (obviously Nash) Nash needs to be careful with the ball and not have more than 3 or 4 turnovers.

I tried to edit the sarcastic rant a bit, since in retrospect, the article really was common sense:lol

But, I can see the frustration with Manu's play. The man can sell a foul. However, if you want to see flopping taken to a higher level, try watching Dirk or CP3.

Will Lopez really play in Game 3? As a Spur fan I prefer he not play, but then again, if he's rusty and being thrown into a play-off game atmosphere, especially at the AT @ T center, it can be quite daunting. I could see him making many mistakes because of the moment and the rust.

dreamcastrocks
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I tried to edit the sarcastic rant a bit, since in retrospect, the article really was common sense:lol

But, I can see the frustration with Manu's play. The man can sell a foul. However, if you want to see flopping taken to a higher level, try watching Dirk or CP3.

Will Lopez really play in Game 3? As a Spur fan I prefer he not play, but then again, if he's rusty being thrown into a play-off game atmosphere type of game, especially at the AT @ T center can be quite daunting and I could see him making many mistakes because of the moment and the rust.

It's almost become an International trait to flop it seems with Divac, Dirk, Manu, etc. Thank goodness Parker doesn't play that way.

Honestly, I have no fucking clue of Lopez plays game 3. We have been told for the past month that he is close, and then they come back and tell us one more week. I hope he does play, because it gives us a chance to play one on one or zone more often because Lopez can play Duncan pretty well straight up. I won't believe it until I see it though.

sananspursfan21
05-05-2010, 12:14 PM
it's a "feel-good" article, not bad. i don't think the spurs will win by 8. my guess: roughly 107-103 spurs

awktalk
05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Bonner & Mason combine for 35 points while shooting just under 60% leading us to a win, and SpursTalk ignores all of us trolls who pleaded over the past day and a half to bench those two losers.

dreamcastrocks
05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Bonner & Mason combine for 35 points while shooting just under 60% leading us to a win, and SpursTalk ignores all of us trolls who pleaded over the past day and a half to bench those two losers.

God I hope not. If we chase them off of the 3 point line, we should be fine.

awktalk
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
God I hope not. If we chase them off of the 3 point line, we should be fine.

At this point, the Suns best defense is to leave these guys completely by themselves out at the arch and let them go 1 for 20. You couldn't have a better defensive strategy than just letting them jack it up. Broad side, meet barn.

ElNono
05-05-2010, 12:43 PM
We should adjust the result. Get a win instead of a loss...

sundevilscott
05-05-2010, 12:50 PM
It's Cinco de Mayo. Spurs are winning.

? ok

dreamcastrocks
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
At this point, the Suns best defense is to leave these guys completely by themselves out at the arch and let them go 1 for 20. You couldn't have a better defensive strategy than just letting them jack it up. Broad side, meet barn.

:lol

No way. The Suns get beat way too often by wide open shooters. I know you guys are down on Bonner/Mason, but these guys will bounce back in couple of games for you if they are left open.

Death In June
05-05-2010, 01:41 PM
:lol

No way. The Suns get beat way too often by wide open shooters. I know you guys are down on Bonner/Mason, but these guys will bounce back in couple of games for you if they are left open.They really won't. If the spurs plan is to rely on either of these two in any capacity, it will be a short series.

TC-MAVS
05-05-2010, 01:48 PM
it's a "feel-good" article, not bad. i don't think the spurs will win by 8. my guess: roughly 107-103 spurs

no way the spurs win a shoot out. cinco de mayo or not. As a spurs fan, you should know better than that. The only way you win 107-103 is if it goes to over time. The suns will run all over you. IF the spurs win, theyll win by a score of 93-89. But I hope to GOD that the Suns get this series over with and put your team to sleep. Good to see the George Hill has come back down to earth.......

Blackjack
05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
We should adjust the result. Get a win instead of a loss...

I like it. :tu

Play the game and if you lose adjust the boxscore to show that you won and ... voila! The series is tied.

Silly coaches with their 'adjustments' and 'gameplans' . . .

If you really want to give yourself the best chance to win, carry an eraser or have a backspace at the ready -- it's science. :D

dreamcastrocks
05-05-2010, 02:44 PM
They really won't. If the spurs plan is to rely on either of these two in any capacity, it will be a short series.

That's good news for me. Someone else off of the bench other than Parker will have to step up in this series. I'm encouraged to hear that you don't think they can.

awktalk
05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
They really won't. If the spurs plan is to rely on either of these two in any capacity, it will be a short series.

Well we have to get something out of them. We can't run a 6 or 7 man rotation the rest of the playoffs. We don't win in '05 or '07 without Horry and Barry and we don't win in '10 without Bonner and Mason making shots. It is just that simple. A 1/2 court game like we forced on Dallas is one thing. But we can't force that on Phoenix, which means we have to score 100 a game to win. And Big 3 + 1 cannot do that consistently. Bonner and Mason must contribute.

admiralsnackbar
05-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Our bread and butter in this series is in the paint. I'd like to see more slashing, post scoring and offensive rebounding and fewer jumpers (at least until PHX starts clogging the paint). DeJuan has it in him to have a monster series if he can figure out where to be.

spurs10
05-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Flopping? Nash is pretty good in that department if I remember correctly.....got a few of the Suns suspended. You'd have thought Horry shot him with a 12 gauge.

awktalk
05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Our bread and butter in this series is in the paint. I'd like to see more slashing, post scoring and offensive rebounding and fewer jumpers (at least until PHX starts clogging the paint). DeJuan has it in him to have a monster series if he can figure out where to be.

I agree, RJ needs to be a part of that. And if Tim will make a damn move as soon as he realizes the double isn't there instead of looking over his shoulder for 6 seconds before deciding what to do, that would also be helpful. That led to so many poor possessions in game 1, I hope he is more decisive in the low block.

GrandeDavid
05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I liked that because he picks the Spurs to win.

admiralsnackbar
05-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I agree, RJ needs to be a part of that. And if Tim will make a damn move as soon as he realizes the double isn't there instead of looking over his shoulder for 6 seconds before deciding what to do, that would also be helpful. That led to so many poor possessions in game 1, I hope he is more decisive in the low block.

Absolutely right: this is the series RJ needs to be explicitly told that if he sees so much as an inch in the PHX defense, it is on him to slash to the hoop or slash-and-dish. I give Grant Hill enormous props for how well he's still playing, but there's simply no way he can keep up with RJ on a cut, especially if Pop starts sending screens.

As for Tim, yes yes and yes.

TC-MAVS
05-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Flopping? Nash is pretty good in that department if I remember correctly.....got a few of the Suns suspended. You'd have thought Horry shot him with a 12 gauge.

Are you kidding? Nash is half the size of horry. Dont downplay it like it was a flop. That was the suns year.....

Blackjack
05-05-2010, 03:54 PM
That was the suns year.....

Then why did the Spurs win?

TC-MAVS
05-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Because they were scammed. Simple as that.

admiralsnackbar
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Then why did the Spurs win?

And why did they win in 6? Amare and Diaw were only out 1 game. Horry was out 2.

philliespur
05-05-2010, 05:07 PM

Isn't that what most of this is...common sense. Common sense wins games. Hey, disgruntled Suns fan, what "new" ideas do you have that will revolutionize the sport? Let me guess....

Bukefal
05-05-2010, 05:29 PM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/843/30100139773233902511037.jpg

Spursmania
05-05-2010, 07:44 PM

You really need to see a psychologist. :lol

Blackjack
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM

But it was their year.