PDA

View Full Version : David Robinson >> Dirk

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
WHOTTT BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/3089/4131fishing_bait.jpg

Giuseppe
05-05-2010, 10:42 AM
No. Robinson couldn't even function until Duncan came there and held his hand. Duncan carried his water the rest of his career.

JamStone
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I think better whottt bait would be "Dirk >> David Robinson"

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Two T's >>> Three T's

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Kiss my ass scrah

Trainwreck2100
05-05-2010, 10:53 AM
sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Kiss my ass scrah

with my dick, faggot?!!

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 10:55 AM
No. Robinson couldn't even function until Duncan came there and held his hand. Duncan carried his water the rest of his career.

lol.. robinson in his second yr was one stupid turnover away from advancing.

stick to immigration.

Cry Havoc
05-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Yeaaaaaah, cause Dirk would have totally destroyed with players like JR Reid, Sleepy Floyd, and Vinny Del Negro on the court with him.

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Both choked in the playoffs so I guess it's only fair to compare their regular season resumes, and David clearly has Dirk beat there. 2 rings faggot!

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Both choked in the playoffs so I guess it's only fair to compare their regular season resumes, and David clearly has Dirk beat there. 2 rings faggot!

Both players have 0 rings as #1 option.

But as whottt would quickly point out, Robinson scored pretty high on his SAT while Dirk likes to get drunk and bang uglies.

lol whottt saying Robinson would be a good presidential candidate

peteee
05-05-2010, 11:25 AM

But as whottt would quickly point out, Robinson scored pretty high on his SAT while Dirk likes to get drunk and bang uglies.

why not? at least Robinson was born in American soil and has served the navy.

Giuseppe
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Good to see you back, Peteee. You fuckin' hump, you.

peteee
05-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Good to see you back, Peteee. You fuckin' hump, you.

thanks but I'm not very hump, I wish I am though. I haven't eaten enough burritos&tacos to meet your standard of hump TBH.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
05-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Perhaps, but, you ate Kobe's dick, all the way down to the tea bag.

Ya f'in loser, you.

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 11:40 AM

True, but if Dirk would own up to being the second banana he is and opt out to sign with one of the real contenders, he would be swimming in O'briens.

Giuseppe
05-05-2010, 11:44 AM
lol.. robinson in his second yr was one stupid turnover away from advancing.

stick to immigration.

No. I like it when I can stick it to your ass over Robinson. It's always a treat.

Cane
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
David Robinson, easily. Better player, career, stats, accomplishments, etc.

Can ya imagine if David Robinson had Mark Cuban as an owner? Spurs would've been stacked before Duncan. Robinson's supporting cast had a lot deadweight.

Rogue
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
thanks but I'm not very hump, I wish I am though. I haven't eaten enough burritos&tacos to meet your standard of hump TBH.

tee, hee.

maybe you're lying to the beloveds of spurstalk. those lumps on your back that americans call love handles are revolting, imho.

Rogue
05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
David Robinson, easily. Better player, career, stats, accomplishments, etc.

Can ya imagine if David Robinson had Mark Cuban as an owner? Spurs would've been stacked before Duncan. Robinson's supporting cast had a lot deadweight.

your posts are quite shitty and this website would be way better off if you weren't conceived in the first place, tbh.

Cane
05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
your posts are quite shitty and this website would be way better off if you weren't conceived in the first place, tbh.

:lol

David Robinson + Mark Cuban :lobt2:

Dirk's a waste of effort and money. Must be a shitty life to find yourself as a Mavs fan posting on spurstalk :toast

Rogue
05-05-2010, 11:52 AM

David Robinson + Mark Cuban :lobt2:

Dirk's a waste of effort and money.
i don't mean any harm by my keystrokes directed at your shittiness. i'm just trying to bring peace of mind for those sitting on the fence of your shitty posting.

Cane
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
i don't mean any harm by my keystrokes directed at your shittiness. i'm just trying to bring peace of mind for those sitting on the fence of your shitty posting.

you don't like shift huh?

Dirk's not even in the same tier as Robinson.

Rogue
05-05-2010, 11:56 AM
you don't like shift huh?

Dirk's not even in the same tier as Robinson.

tbh i wouldn't even put your shitty posting on the same tier as forum dumb asses like ducks, dickface, and tpark. crawl your way up to those levels first.

Cane
05-05-2010, 11:56 AM
tbh i wouldn't even put your shitty posting on the same tier as forum dumb asses like ducks, dickface, and tpark. crawl your way up to those levels first.

Damn look at what being a Mavs fan does to a person!

Rogue
05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Damn look at what being a Mavs fan does to a person!

i am not positive but I think this was supposed to be a funny. however since it was an aborted attempt, I can recommend you to an expert at humor. his name is monosylab1k and he has written for such comedians as Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, etc.

Cane
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
i am not positive but I think this was supposed to be a funny. however since it was an aborted attempt, I can recommend you to an expert at humor. his name is monosylab1k and he has written for such comedians as Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, etc.

So you do know how to use the shift key!

mavsfan1000
05-05-2010, 12:00 PM
David Robinson couldn't get to the finals without Duncan. Dirk got to the finals with no other superstar. Dirk wins.

Rogue
05-05-2010, 12:02 PM
David Robinson couldn't get to the finals without Duncan. Dirk got to the finals with no other superstar. Dirk wins.
As I'm sure you know as a bullfan, even the great Michael Jeffery Jordan couldn't get to the Finals without Scottie Pimpin.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Spending as the difference maker? Maybe, maybe not. Lots of recent winning supporting casts proved that "chemistry on a budget" > "talent at any cost". Cuban's willingness to spend proves that money can get you to the playoffs but there's got to be a lot more than that to win a trophy.

And I though this debate has been settled. While I think Dirk's underrated as a defender and rebounder Robinson, in his prime, was an elite talent on both ends of the floor. When was the last time that Dirk was asked to defend a team's #1 guy straight up, patrol the paint, and shoulder the scoring load?

Rogue
05-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Spending as the difference maker? Maybe, maybe not. Lots of recent winning supporting casts proved that "chemistry on a budget" > "talent at any cost". Cuban's willingness to spend proves that money can get you to the playoffs but there's got to be a lot more than that to win a trophy.

And I though this debate has been settled. While I think Dirk's underrated as a defender and rebounder Robinson, in his prime, was an elite talent on both ends of the floor. When was the last time that Dirk was asked to defend a team's #1 guy straight up, patrol the paint, and shoulder the scoring load?

I cant say I enjoy your posts unless they are using the zingy and wonderful 1 liners. Can you help the brain challenged Cane in his attempt to use humours?

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
with my dick, faggot?!!

not necessarily, your dick is still covered in CBF's butt smegma

i mean i used to hold you in such high regard until you started aligning yourself with those faggots and coming up with the most laughable basketball takes i've ever heard

my, how the mighty have fallen

Cane
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM

Dirk's a great talent now but compared to the rest of the legendary NBA 7 footers...he doesn't come close.

Don't even have to be 7 foot either:

Charles Barkley > Dirk

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Dirk's a great talent now but compared to the rest of the legendary NBA 7 footers...he doesn't come close.

Don't even have to be 7 foot either:

Charles Barkley > Dirk

right..right..but no one has to be 7 foot in order to own you, you're a midget. even a size like 5'3 is sufficient enough to dominate you in the paint. after years and years of being a fat beaner and clogging your arteries, you've grown so wide and heavy that it has started to compress your spine and you've begun to shrink prematurely.

z0sa
05-05-2010, 12:14 PM
1 million dollars >> 500,000 dollars

Cane
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
right..right..but no one has to be 7 foot in order to own you, you're a midget. even a size like 5'3 is sufficient enough to dominate you in the paint..

So what you're saying is that I have a chance of being on the Mavs roster?

http://www.nba.com/media/espanol/josebarea_170x240.jpg

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
1 million dollars >> 500,000 dollars

yup, and 50 > 41

you beaners are getting so good at math and evolving intellectually at such a fast rate that the US better watch out!

z0sa
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
:lol butthurt beaner jokes

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:19 PM
So what you're saying is that I have a chance of being on the Mavs roster?

http://www.nba.com/media/espanol/josebarea_170x240.jpg

right..you used to be a sufficient size of around 5'7 like jjb in order to make the roster, but you've since shrunk to about 4'10. it's okay though, there's probably a mexican circus or something you can join back home, after you get deported i mean.

mavsfan1000
05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
As I'm sure you know as a bullfan, even the great Michael Jeffery Jordan couldn't get to the Finals without Scottie Pimpin.
True. But Duncan>Pippen.

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
by the way guys, i'm just leveling the playing field by typing down to the IQ level of the retarded OP along with my good nigga rogue

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM

The only problem with that is David was obviously the second option when Tim came to town. Dirk can't accept that he is a second option. Besides, the 2006 Mavs had at the time or shortly thereafter all-stars in Josh Howard and Devin Harris, as well as recent Sixth Man of the Year winner Jason Terry. If you put David on that team, they stomp the Heat and probably repeat the next year.

Cane
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
The only problem with that is David was obviously the second option when Tim came to town. Dirk can't accept that he is a second option. Besides, the 2006 Mavs had at the time or shortly thereafter all-stars in Josh Howard and Devin Harris, as well as recent Sixth Man of the Year winner Jason Terry. If you put David on that team, they stomp the Heat and probably repeat the next year.

Yea, David Robinson never had the luxury of having Mark Cuban. Even with that huge payroll; Dirk can't win shit! :toast :downspin:

mavsfan1000
05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Howard and Harris are nice players but they barely made the all-star game. Hardly superstars. Robinson doesn't do much with that team. About the same amount of talent as that spurs before Duncan came there.

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
we're still trying to have serious basketball conversation here about this? you guys continue to lower the bar even further than ever thought possible and impress :tu

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Howard and Harris are nice players but they barely made the all-star game. Hardly superstars. Robinson doesn't do much with that team. About the same amount of talent as that spurs before Duncan came there.

Please...those Spurs teams from the early 90s would've sucked ass without David.

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Please...those Spurs teams from the early 90s would've sucked ass without David.

they sucked ass with him

Muser
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Gonna bring in some good ones here!!

David never lost to an 8 seed in the first round

DPOY + MVP > MVP

2 Rings > 0!!!

But if I can be serious for a while, can you really compare them? Different styles of play, different era of basketball. Using the Dirk > Robinson because he got to the finals is pretty weak though, I doubt Dirk could've took those Spurs teams to the finals especially when going up against a prime dream.

TheManFromAcme
05-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I know D.R. personally. He's attended our Church as a guest speaker several times and is as approachable as anyone I've ever known. The man is as genuine as they get and am personally fond of him even though he's tickled my ribs regarding my team allegiance :lol

With that said,

I'll leave it at that. T.D. and D.R. fed off each other and to say David was not a defensive force to reckon with back in his prime is insane. Dirk can only wish he had the defensive skills David had.

As a scorer, I give it to Dirk. Put a blindfold on that man and he still manages to make a hoop. It's incredible.

David = complete player
Dirk = Can't get his team out of the first round because of lack of some skills aks, defensive. (Reference Thread labled: The Mavericks Paradox)

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
they sucked ass with him

lol 4-2

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I know D.R. personally. He's attended our Church as a guest speaker several times and is as approachable as anyone I've ever known. The man is as genuine as they get and am personally fond of him even though he's tickled my ribs regarding my team allegiance :lol

With that said,

I'll leave it at that. T.D. and D.R. fed off each other and to say David was not a defensive force to reckon with back in his prime is insane. Dirk can only wish he had the defensive skills David had.

As a scorer, I give it to Dirk. Put a blindfold on that man and he still manages to make a hoop. It's incredible.

David = complete player
Dirk = Can't get his team out of the first round because of lack of some skills aks, defensive.

I don't even know if Dirk is a better offensive player than Robinson was. I don't remember Dirk averaging almost 30 a game or scoring 71 points.

The Franchise
I like Dirk, but let's be honest. Robinson was the better player easily. He would give you Dirk's scoring, but could also rebound and defend. Dirk never got around to developing those parts of his game.

Cane
What was Dirk's highest scoring game? In his prime, Robinson led the league in scoring and had a 71 point game.

So many advantages for the Admiral in this comparison.

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
^typo

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't even know if Dirk is a better offensive player than Robinson was. I don't remember Dirk averaging almost 30 a game or scoring 73 points.

that's because dirk is as unselfish as they come and always has multiple teammates with double digit scoring for the year.

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:40 PM
What was Dirk's highest scoring game? In his prime, Robinson led the league in scoring and had a 71 point game.

So many advantages for the Admiral in this comparison.

lol one game makes him the better scorer? dirk is a MUCH more complete and dangerous offensive player, teams have to gameplan around him and double team him constantly. just because he's unselfish and doesn't put up ridiculous scoring numbers like iverson doesn't make him less of an offensive player, in fact it makes him a better one.

TheManFromAcme
05-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't even know if Dirk is a better offensive player than Robinson was. I don't remember Dirk averaging almost 30 a game or scoring 71 points.

Your right. I was leaning more towards him being a pure shooter.

Dirk is on a dead on collision with a "Legacy-less" career.

Cane
05-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Your right. I was leaning more towards him being a pure shooter.

Dirk is on a dead on collision with a "Legacy-less" career.

Yea he's got a legacy for all the wrong reasons. Losing to an 8th seed while being the 1st seed, losing to a 7th seed while being the 2nd seed, giving up a 2-0 lead in the Finals...

He does have a MVP trophy though and Mark Cuban's wallet to try and hide his very obvious weaknesses.

Then again, Robinson also has a MVP trophy without a payroll stacked team. And a scoring title, championships, DPOY, etc.

Muser
05-05-2010, 12:43 PM
lol one game makes him the better scorer? dirk is a MUCH more complete and dangerous offensive player, teams have to gameplan around him and double team him constantly. just because he's unselfish and doesn't put up ridiculous scoring numbers like iverson doesn't make him less of an offensive player, in fact it makes him a better one.

Okay, now let's take into account the defense.

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Okay, now let's take into account the defense.

dirk > robinson offensively

robinson > dirk defensively

the sky is blue

Cane
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
David Robinson >>> Dirk

Charles Barley >>> Dirk

Dirk >= Pau Gasol

Muser
05-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Might want to add a few more arrows to the defensive one there.

Will Hunting
It's pretty ironic that a fan base famous for it's "haha Sunfan and Mavfan celebrating their regular season accomplishments" sarcastic comments takes so much pride in David Robinson dropping 71 points on the front line of Loy Vaught, Elmore Spencer, Bob Martin and John Williams in an absolutely meaningless game for both teams so he could inflate his stats and ensure he won the regular season scoring title.

dirk4mvp
Yea he's got a legacy for all the wrong reasons. Losing to an 8th seed while being the 1st seed, losing to a 7th seed while being the 2nd seed, giving up a 2-0 lead in the Finals...

He does have a MVP trophy though and Mark Cuban's wallet to try and hide his very obvious weaknesses.

Then again, Robinson also has a MVP trophy without a payroll stacked team. And a scoring title, championships, DPOY, etc.

Being the best European/International player in NBA history isn't that bad of a legacy.

dirk4mvp
Dirk = Pau Gasol

:lmao

Any more retarded takes?

Cane
Being the best European/International player in NBA history isn't that bad of a legacy.

It is when you take a look into his NBA career.

Muser
05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
David Robinson >>> Dirk

Charles Barley >>> Dirk

Dirk >= Pau Gasol

Charles > Dirk is very arguable.

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 12:49 PM
It is when you take a look into his NBA career.

Yeah when people take a look back and determine he's the best International player in NBA history, they'll say det's bad!

Rogue was right, you are a worthless sack of shit.

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 12:49 PM
It's pretty ironic that a fan base famous for it's "haha Sunfan and Mavfan celebrating their regular season accomplishments" sarcastic comments takes so much pride in David Robinson dropping 71 points on the front line of Loy Vaught, Elmore Spencer, Bob Martin and John Williams in an absolutely meaningless game for both teams so he could inflate his stats and ensure he won the regular season scoring title.

:lmao ouch

Cane
05-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Any more retarded takes?

This thread is nothing but retarded trolling especially by Mav fans who actually think Dirk is anywhere near the overall level of Robinson.

Brazil
of course DRob>Dirk

Fpoonsie
that's because dirk is as unselfish as they come and always has multiple teammates with double digit scoring for the year.

You act as if Dirk gets off on throwin dimes every night. His career avg is a little under 3, while Dave averaged 1 over his lengthy career.

Career high...Dirk-12, Dave-11.

Try again.

Ghazi

1. Robinson did the same thing
2. Robinson never led a team to the Finals to even have a chance to "choke" (get screwed by officiating)
3. Erick Dampier never lived up to his contract
4. Duncan held his hand

That being said, Robinson's better than Dirk due to defensive impact, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Spurs tanked their way into Duncan winning him 2 campionships.

dirk4mvp
This thread is nothing but retarded trolling especially by Mav fans who actually think Dirk is anywhere near the overall level of Robinson.

Oh because your dumb ass says so right?

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
No. I like it when I can stick it to your ass over Robinson. It's always a treat.

yeah and kobe and shaq were getting swept until phil jackson came along.

Will Hunting

Almost as embarrassing as being on the receiving end of one of the biggest bukkakes in professional sports history.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199505220SAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199505240SAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199505260HOU.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199505300SAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199506010HOU.html

Cane
1. Robinson did the same thing
2. Robinson never led a team to the Finals to even have a chance to "choke" (get screwed by officiating)
3. Erick Dampier never lived up to his contract
4. Duncan held his hand

That being said, Robinson's better than Dirk due to defensive impact, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Spurs tanked their way into Duncan winning him 2 campionships.

Those are great marks for anyone's career (championships).

Kudos though that you realize Robinson > Dirk.

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 12:52 PM

You act as if Dirk gets off on throwin dimes every night. His career avg is a little under 3, while Dave averaged 1 over his lengthy career.

Try again.

Did his post imply he was out there dropping several dimes a night?

Cane
05-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Almost as embarrassing as being on the receiving end of one of the biggest bukkakes in professional sports history.

Better than losing to a team in the Finals with Shaq past his prime imo especially considering their payrolls between Robinson's team and all of Dirk's.

Ignignokt
Oh because your dumb ass says so right?

be honest scrah,

If you had an option to have 94 Robinson or 06 Dirk in the Miami series, who would you pick, or for that matter, in the GS series.

I tell you what.. J rich, Barnes, Jax would all not gotten that many dunks and the paint would have been patrolled like no other.

Fpoonsie
Did his post imply he was out there dropping several dimes a night?

...sort of. "Unselfish" usually implies "high assist totals."

[shrug]

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Let me ask you a serious question..

Could dirk lead a team of

Vinny Del Negro
Jr Smith
Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_
Avery
Cadillac anderson
etc to the finals?

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
be honest scrah,

If you had an option to have 94 Robinson or 06 Dirk in the Miami series, who would you pick, or for that matter, in the GS series.

I tell you what.. J rich, Barnes, Jax would all not gotten that many dunks and the paint would have been patrolled like no other.

Jrich, Barnes, Jax also wouldn't have gotten those dunks if Dampier tried to actually earn any of the money he was given.

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 12:55 PM
...sort of. "Unselfish" usually implies "high assist totals."

[shrug]

Since when?

Cane
A prime David Robinson would be the best big man in the league right now and second only to Lebron in MVP votes.

Cane
Oh yea OP, not enough arrows.

David Robinson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk

Fpoonsie
05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Since when?

...since I just recently inferred that it did.

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Robinson
Damp, Diop
Howard
Terry
Harris
Stack

zPUTyJ4cJys

http://hurtyelbow.typepad.com/images/spaghetti.jpg

FTW!

+1

Will Hunting
Then again, Robinson also has a MVP trophy without a payroll stacked team.

Robinson's MVP year was with the best rebounder of all time at power forward, a prime Sean Elliott at SF and a back court of Avery Johnson and Del Negro that was by no means bad. Don't act like that 1995 team was bad.

The Franchise
Charles > Dirk is very arguable.

Not really.

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Jrich, Barnes, Jax also wouldn't have gotten those dunks if Dampier tried to actually earn any of the money he was given.

You wouldn't need damp, you have robinson.

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Better than losing to a team in the Finals with Shaq past his prime imo especially considering their payrolls between Robinson's team and all of Dirk's.

So is that the same Shaq who finished 2nd in MVP voting the year before and put up 20 and 9 during the Heat's title year?

Fpoonsie
05-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Robinson's MVP year was with the best rebounder of all time at power forward, a prime Sean Elliott at SF and a back court of Avery Johnson and Del Negro that was by no means bad. Don't act like that 1995 team was bad.

When did Avery Johnson and VDG become such power players? Ever since it helped your argument to suggest as much?

I can totally empathize.

Ignignokt

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

lets not even talk about the bench.. Robinson had no sixth man.

dirk4mvp
...since I just recently inferred that it did.

Congrats.

Will Hunting
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM

No it's not better. The Spurs won 62 games that year, the Rockets didn't even win 50.

Are you seriously grasping at the straw of payroll? Wtf does Michael Finley's, Keith Van Horn's and Eric Dampier's contract have anything to do with this topic?

Muser

If Hakeem could do that to David i'd love to see what he could do to Dirk tbh.

Fpoonsie
Congrats.

:toast

Mavs_man is more than welcome to correct me.

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
LoL.. if people were bitching about Howard's antics they pale in comparison to Rodman's during the Houston series.

Sportstudi

That's probably the worst bullshit I ever read on this board. I'm 100 percent sure Dirk has absolutely no problem to play the second fiddle if it helps the team. He's a team player, not an egocentric guy. Therefore, yes, I think Dirk doesn't mind at all to defer if either a better player comes to Dallas or if he signs with another team.

Greg Oden
:toast

Mavs_man is more than welcome to correct me.

To follow along with dirk4mvp's Congratulations to you, you should check out MGMT's sophomore effort.

Will Hunting
05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
When did Avery Johnson and VDG become such power players? Ever since it helped your argument to suggest as much?

I can totally empathize.

Avery Johnson averaged 13 points and 8 assists in 1995, those numbers would lead the 2006 Mavs in assists and would be 4th in scoring.

z0sa
05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
:lol at anyone who thinks this is an actual debate.

It's DRob by a considerable margin, or you're an idiot.

Greg Oden
05-05-2010, 01:04 PM
:lol at anyone who thinks this is an actual debate.

It's DRob by a considerable margin, or you're an idiot.

Judging by the way you get bukkaked in every other argument, you should probably slow down with the whole "My opinion is right" stance. After all, it's not every day someone gets rolled on by Ballijuana.

Fpoonsie
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Avery Johnson averaged 13 points and 8 assists in 1995, those numbers would lead the 2006 Mavs in assists and would be 4th in scoring.

I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to surmise that a lot of those assists were relatively simple heaves to the hoop or hand-offs in the paint, both more often than not, to a dominant 7 ft center in the paint.

Not that difficult, and certainly not that noteworthy, TBH. Avery should be thanking Dave daily for inflating his stats in such a manner.

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM

If avery johnson was playing against the spurs that year for the mavs...

you would have worst results than 4-2 this year against a prime duncan, bruce bowen.. lol x10000

Harris was a pain..

Also.. duncan had no slashers at all.

Dirk had an array of slashers, good iso, and sharp shooters.

z0sa
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Judging by the way you get bukkaked in every other argument, you should probably slow down with the whole "My opinion is right" stance. After all, it's not every day someone gets rolled on by Ballijuana.

:lol there's no argument for Dirk > DRob.

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM

zosa got splooooooooadddateed!!!!!!!!

Will Hunting
05-05-2010, 01:08 PM
LoL.. if people were bitching about Howard's antics they pale in comparison to Rodman's during the Houston series.

I don't blame Rodman for this antics. If someone had been bitching to him all season about how he didn't love Jesus enough and needed to go to Church more and then that person went on to get fondled by Hakeem Olajuwon, Rodman probably felt maybe this guy should worry less about me going to Church and worry more about not letting Olajuwon drop 40 points.

Greg Oden
05-05-2010, 01:08 PM
zosa got splooooooooadddateed!!!!!!!!

smeagma has been released into the atmosphere.

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't blame Rodman for this antics. If someone had been bitching to him all season about how he didn't love Jesus enough and needed to go to Church more and then that person went on to get fondled by Hakeem Olajuwon, Rodman probably felt maybe this guy should worry less about me going to Church and worry more about not letting Olajuwon drop 40 points.

LOL! 90's Boston Celtics

LOL! 1st rd coke binge!

ambchang
05-05-2010, 01:13 PM
No it's not better. The Spurs won 62 games that year, the Rockets didn't even win 50.

Are you seriously grasping at the straw of payroll? Wtf does Michael Finley's, Keith Van Horn's and Eric Dampier's contract have anything to do with this topic?

Rockets were dealing with injuries and integrating Drexler, Maxwell going nuts, etc .. during the regular season.

That team was built for the playoffs, especially with the shortened 3 pt line.

Will Hunting
05-05-2010, 01:13 PM
LOL! 90's Boston Celtics

LOL! 1st rd coke binge!

Sorry, we also tried really hard to tank for Duncan and did a better job, you guys just got luckier.

ambchang
05-05-2010, 01:14 PM

Hakeem dropped 35 ppg on Robinson on single teams, he dropped 33 ppg on a Shaq and Grant double team in the finals.

I sometimes wonder if people actually watched that series.

Cane
05-05-2010, 01:17 PM

Hell yea its better, Robinson got knocked out by The Dream, son. Same with Shaq that year. Payrolls are pretty damn important, Dirk has had the best owner in sports in Mark Cuban trying to pay his way into a championship. Robinson was in a stingy franchise that could only win after a godsend aka Duncan.

Robinson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk in just about every aspect of the game except jumpshooting.

Will Hunting
05-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Hakeem dropped 35 ppg on Robinson on single teams, he dropped 33 ppg on a Shaq and Grant double team in the finals.

I sometimes wonder if people actually watched that series.

Congrats to David Robinson, he can defend better than a 22 year old Shaquille O'Neal.

Will Hunting
05-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Hell yea its better, Robinson got knocked out by The Dream, son. Same with Shaq that year. Payrolls are pretty damn important, Dirk has had the best owner in sports in Mark Cuban trying to pay his way into a championship. Robinson was in a stingy franchise that could only win after a godsend aka Duncan.

Good point. It's a lot easier to win a championship when Keith Van Horn, Michael Finley, and Eric Dampier are making 30+ million combined and clogging up payroll. I can't imagine what the 2006 Mavs woulda been without those studs.

diego
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
dirk isnt even better than carlos boozer, if he were a mav fan would have argued the point with me in the mavs paradox thread.

Mavs_man_41
05-05-2010, 01:25 PM
dirk isnt even better than carlos boozer, if he were a mav fan would have argued the point with me in the mavs paradox thread.

about as intelligent of a post as we'd expect out of someone with the ultrageneric beaner name "diego"

Will Hunting
05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
about as intelligent of a post as we'd expect out of someone with the ultrageneric beaner name "diego"

Man About Town
05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Dirk > Robinson.

Dirk can be a freaky dude. I know for a fact that he loves to hit the town and pick up some skank bitches to take back to the crib for Guitar Hero and make-out sessions:

http://www.buveurs.com/local/cache-vignettes/L500xH375/dirk_drunk2-9b08c.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/173504825_14ab935bd9_o.jpg

The Admiral, on the other hand, is a church-going man. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but he's not down for some bumps:

http://pastorron7.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/david-robinson.jpg

badfish22
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
dirk

lmao Robinson.

AnthonyM
05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
lol mavs fans

lol 4-2

lol avoiding questions

lol no argument

nkdlunch
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
lol mavfans still here

badfish22
05-05-2010, 02:27 PM
:lmao Robinson

ambchang
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Congrats to David Robinson, he can defend better than a 22 year old Shaquille O'Neal.

Did you go blind with regards to Horace Grant? Who, at that time, was one of the better and more mobile defensive PF in the league?

Phillip
05-05-2010, 03:16 PM

To be fair, when Robinson was doing all that, did they win anything? If your #1 guy is doing all of that, all the time, your team is not going to win a championship.

Phillip
05-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Try again.

And Allen Iverson was consistently averaging 7 dimes a night, which is a very nice assist average. So I guess that means he was a great traditional PG who played very unselfishly :tu

Phillip
05-05-2010, 03:46 PM
losing to a 7th seed while being the 2nd seed...

LMAO 93-94

LMAO scoring champ year

LMAO 3-1

LMAO jazz

The Franchise
05-05-2010, 03:46 PM
To be fair, when Robinson was doing all that, did they win anything? If your #1 guy is doing all of that, all the time, your team is not going to win a championship.

Think about this post then STFU.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Did whotttttt ever show up in this thread?

also, Mavs fans have to be blind Dirk homers to say he's better than DRob. He's not light years behind him like Spur Fan says, but he's definitely not at the same level. Dirk would have to win a title as the #1 to be greater than D-Rob.

Phillip
05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Did whotttttt ever show up in this thread?

also, Mavs fans have to be blind Dirk homers to say he's better than DRob. He's not light years behind him like Spur Fan says, but he's definitely not at the same level. Dirk would have to win a title as the #1 to be greater than D-Rob.

Robinson is a better all-around player, definitely. No argument here.

But I think it's very arguable that Dirk has a better court presence than Robinson because of the mismatch that he brings to the table.

FkLA
05-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Robinson is a better all-around player, definitely. No argument here.

But I think it's very arguable that Dirk has a better court presence than Robinson because of the mismatch that he brings to the table.

'court prescence'?

lol wtf youre reaching br0...you rly are.

Phillip
05-05-2010, 04:50 PM
'court prescence'?

I'm sorry that you are too stupid to understand the importance of court presence, especially when you have a guy like Tim Duncan on your favorite team, who has arguably the greatest court presence the NBA has seen, only behind maybe Michael Jordan.

FkLA
05-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm sorry that you are too stupid to understand the importance of court presence, especially when you have a guy like Tim Duncan on your favorite team, who has arguably the greatest court presence the NBA has seen, only behind maybe Michael Jordan.

Robinson in his prime is right on par with Dirk as far as things go on the offensive end, and created just as many matchup problems given his athleticism and mobility for a guy his size. On top of that he was an infinitely better defender than Dirk ever will be. No amount of 'court presence' changes these facts. Quit reachin.

Phillip
05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Robinson in his prime is right on par with Dirk as far as things go on the offensive end, and created just as many matchup problems given his athleticism and mobility for a guy his size. On top of that he was an infinitely better defender than Dirk ever will be. No amount of 'court presence' changes these facts. Quit reachin.

Neat. Too bad he didn't accomplish any more than Dirk has with all those talents. An MVP, a bunch of early playoff exits, and no finals appearances. So much for a guy who is infinitely better than Dirk. :rolleyes

oh wait, he has a DPOY. There it is. Proof that he is infinitely better than Dirk.

lame. gfy faggot

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Think about this post then STFU.

So do you have any thoughts of your own, rockette fan?

oh wait, he has a DPOY. There it is. Proof that he is infinitely better than Dirk.

True, tbh. Dwight Howard >> Tim Duncan.

scottspurs
05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I would take the Admiral over Dirk any day.

ffadicted
05-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I think it's safe to say the bait was very successful lol

dirk4mvp
05-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah considering how many times Whottt responded.

anonoftheinternets
05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah considering how many times Whottt responded.

yeah, good think we live in a world without trolls.

Greg Oden
05-05-2010, 05:52 PM
The Troll Whisperer has pm'd me and let me know nobody in this thread is an alias of whottt, so gfy.

z0sa
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

WTF is measured by "court presence" and why would Dirk have more than DRob? DRob actually excelled on D and put up huge, all-time great stats on the defensive end.

If you compare Dirk's stats now (at age 31) with DRob at age 30 (his last full season before Timmy was drafted), DRob still wins by a considerable margin.

8FOR!3
05-05-2010, 06:27 PM
'court prescence'?

He's right. Dirk spreads the court more, a la Matt Bonner. :lol

LEONERD
05-05-2010, 06:34 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

WTF is measured by "court presence" and why would Dirk have more than DRob? DRob actually excelled on D and put up huge, all-time great stats on the defensive end.

If you compare Dirk's stats now (at age 31) with DRob at age 30 (his last full season before Timmy was drafted), DRob still wins by a considerable margin.

You must be in the running for the Shittiest Poster award. It's evident by your mass amounts of shitty posts.

Ignignokt
05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
lol zosa!

The Troll Whisperer
05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
The Troll Whisperer has pm'd me and let me know nobody in this thread is an alias of whottt, so gfy.

tsst!

picc84
05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Dirk may have the least "court presence" of any superstar i've ever seen.

8FOR!3
05-05-2010, 06:46 PM
But, but, but Dirk spreads the court, shoots 40%+ from 3, and has a great +/- in most games...Sure he can't play defense, but he's developing a nice little hook in the inside.

The Franchise
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
So do you have any thoughts of your own, rockette fan?

A couple actually. First, Robinson was a better rebounder, defender, plus just as effective a scorer as Dirk. This isn't attacking Dirk, just stating facts. Anyone arguing against this is ignorant. Two, Robinson has 2 rings which makes him a champion. This fact will forever seperate him from Dirk. That's my two thoughts. You may continue with your ignorance now. :lol

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 07:10 PM
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1008480

This isn't a debate to anyone but Mavfan.

Greg Oden
05-05-2010, 07:20 PM

Funny. You're 15 and never saw David Robinson, especially in his prime. When does your opinion matter about anything?

badfish22
05-05-2010, 07:30 PM

Crofl all this thread did was upset spurfan

badfish22
05-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Playoff averages

Robinson- 18/10.6

Dirk- 25.6/10.9

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Funny. You're 15 and never saw David Robinson, especially in his prime. When does your opinion matter about anything?

Funny, I'm not 15 and you're some faceless faggot on the internet trying to troll as Greg Oden. So go fuck yourself. :toast

Leetonidas
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Crofl all this thread did was upset spurfan

Really? Because it sounds like a bunch of Mavfans vehemently trying to assert that Dirk is better than Robinson when every other fan of basketball if laughing at their screen.

badfish22
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I'll show em! I'll go make a thread on realgm! Then they will see!

Greg Oden
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Funny, I'm not 15 and you're some faceless faggot on the internet trying to troll as Greg Oden. So go fuck yourself. :toast

Strong words coming from an angry little stoner beaner. Your life is not important.

ambchang
05-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Playoff averages

Robinson- 18/10.6

Dirk- 25.6/10.9

Because he played half his playoff games after severe back and knee injuries?

Phillip
05-06-2010, 03:06 PM

Spurfan making excuses? No surprises here. Just making the excuses they are supposed to make.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 09:58 PM

is it Dirk's fault he's durable?

Nahtanoj
05-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Are they really asserting that Dirk has been a greater player than The Admiral? Is this a joke? Am I being punked? Robinson was an incredible player, a supremely athletic and talented freak of nature.. he was one of those rare players that can influence a game without scoring. What the heck can Dirk do without shooting?

Cry Havoc
05-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Playoff averages

Robinson- 18/10.6

Dirk- 25.6/10.9

I'm sure the fact that Robinson averaged almost 3 blocks per game in the playoffs to Dirk's 1 has nothing to do with this conversation.

Court presence indeed. A guy who would be leading the league in blocks if he played today has less court presence than a guy who doesn't play defense?

Is this thread real?

Dirk is fantastic. I give him crazy props for being the only man with sack big enough to step up on the Mavs over the past 5-6 years.

However, while he's a 10 on offense, he's a 4 to 6 on defense, depending on the day.

Robinson was roughly an 8 on offense, and a 10 on defense.

I could understand why Mav Fan disregards defense as a determining factor of a player's worth so readily, though.

Playing only the offensive side of things will definitely save you some wear and tear. I wonder how long Dirk would last if he ever had to guard Hakeem, or Shaq, or David, or Ewing, etc.

21_Blessings
05-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Yeah Drob > Dirk is a no brainer

FkLA
05-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Playoff averages

Robinson- 18/10.6

Dirk- 25.6/10.9

Please tell me youre not this stupid, several people have already made arguments to completely disclaim this piece of shit argument. But I'll add to the ownage...youre comparing the averages of a player who is still in his prime (or close to) to a player that is retired and went through the inevitable decline. Thats like saying Dirk is on par with Shaq because Shaq's playoff averages have gone down as he reaches the end of his career.

How about you compare DRob's playoff numbers in his prime and before all the injuries, to Dirk's 25.6 & 10.9? Either that or wait until Dirk retires and/or declines. Not that it would matter since the double digit rpg still doesnt change the fact that Dirk cant even begin to touch Robinson when it comes to defense.

here's ur sig btw:

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss207/unam6989/dirkkk.jpg

Sportstudi
05-07-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm sure the fact that Robinson averaged almost 3 blocks per game in the playoffs to Dirk's 1 has nothing to do with this conversation.

Court presence indeed. A guy who would be leading the league in blocks if he played today has less court presence than a guy who doesn't play defense?

Is this thread real?

Dirk is fantastic. I give him crazy props for being the only man with sack big enough to step up on the Mavs over the past 5-6 years.

However, while he's a 10 on offense, he's a 4 to 6 on defense, depending on the day.

Robinson was roughly an 8 on offense, and a 10 on defense.

I could understand why Mav Fan disregards defense as a determining factor of a player's worth so readily, though.

Playing only the offensive side of things will definitely save you some wear and tear. I wonder how long Dirk would last if he ever had to guard Hakeem, or Shaq, or David, or Ewing, etc.

Robinson was a better player than Dirk, no discussions here. Everybody with a healthy brain should know that. However, it's kind of funny that this thread was made by a Spurfan. Why? Probably he just wanted to troll and see how many Mavs-fans will come and argue. Yes, I'm a Mavs-fan, but I think I'm still objective enough to see the truth.

/thread.

ambchang
05-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Spurfan making excuses? No surprises here. Just making the excuses they are supposed to make.

Robinson playing half his playoff games after he had major injuries to his back and knees is a fact, not an excuse. It is a fact that his statistics dropped after the injuries, and it explained why he had lower career playoff scoring and rebounding averages than Dirk.

An excuse would be blaming the refs for a historical collapse in the finals, or blaming stoner teammates for a 1st round loss to an 8th seedn.

Did I ever said it was?

stretch
05-07-2010, 09:10 AM
:blah excuses :blah excuses :blah excuses :blah

TampaDude
05-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey stretch...that gif in your sig is disturbing...what movie is that from? :lol

ambchang
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Stretch, at least use your trolls like you did previously.

stretch
05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Stretch, at least use your trolls like you did previously.

Butthurtedness. No surprises here. Just spurfan being butthurt like he's supposed to be butthurt.

badfish22
05-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Please tell me youre not this stupid, several people have already made arguments to completely disclaim this piece of shit argument. But I'll add to the ownage...youre comparing the averages of a player who is still in his prime (or close to) to a player that is retired and went through the inevitable decline. Thats like saying Dirk is on par with Shaq because Shaq's playoff averages have gone down as he reaches the end of his career.

How about you compare DRob's playoff numbers in his prime and before all the injuries, to Dirk's 25.6 & 10.9? Either that or wait until Dirk retires and/or declines. Not that it would matter since the double digit rpg still doesnt change the fact that Dirk cant even begin to touch Robinson when it comes to defense.

here's ur sig btw:

You spend weeks working on it, and thats what you come up with? lmao

DisAsTerBot
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
whoever is rogue now sucks

FkLA
05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
You spend weeks working on it, and thats what you come up with? lmao

was taking finals tbh

i didnt make it, got it from a thread on the spurs board.

Ashy Larry
05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
hell, tampon juice > dirk at this point

Agloco
05-07-2010, 03:35 PM

Because its a widely recognized NBA award with meaning you ignorant dipshit. It wouldn't have mattered even if he dropped it on you and two monkeys. Although, I suppose that for those teams without any championship banners, a division championship banner means just as much.......

Agloco
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Butthurtedness. No surprises here. Just spurfan being butthurt like he's supposed to be butthurt.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152777

Eat shit Stretch. :toast

z0sa
05-07-2010, 03:43 PM
^ :lmao goddamn stretch's life is a sad sack of goatshit

baseline bum
05-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Yea, David Robinson never had the luxury of having Mark Cuban. Even with that huge payroll; Dirk can't win shit! :toast :downspin:

Yeah, Cuban would have never let Rod Strickland walk in 93, only to be replaced by that scrub Vinny Del Negro. Cuban probably would have ok'ed the trade for Barkley. As much of an ass as Cuban is at the games, he's still a 100x better owner than cheap-ass Red McCombs.

baseline bum
05-07-2010, 04:15 PM

Avery Johnson wasn't a good player until 1998 when he started actually hitting jumpshots and Del Negro was JJ Barea minus the speed.

stretch
05-07-2010, 04:27 PM
^ :lmao goddamn stretch's life is a sad sack of goatshit

hi z0sa

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-07-2010, 04:28 PM
sieg heil!
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070205/070205_neonazi_hmed_3p.hmedium.jpg

:wow

Will Hunting
05-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Because its a widely recognized NBA award with meaning you ignorant dipshit. It wouldn't have mattered even if he dropped it on you and two monkeys. Although, I suppose that for those teams without any championship banners, a division championship banner means just as much.......

Funny you say it's a recognized award, then when a Suns fan or a Mavs fan wants to talk about Nowitzki or Nash's MVP award Spurfan pulls out the, "haha regular season award" scoff card.

Agloco
05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Funny you say it's a recognized award, then when a Suns fan or a Mavs fan wants to talk about Nowitzki or Nash's MVP award Spurfan pulls out the, "haha regular season award" scoff card.

Again, because they develop a serious case of blueball anytime either of them steps onto the court during the playoffs. A trophy case full of regular season shit gets you laughed at around here.

4>0rings
05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2010, 01:46 PM
http://gordonkeith.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/mavs.jpg