PDA

View Full Version : Around the Horn

SpursFanDan
05-09-2005, 04:18 PM
I used to watch this show.. Four views about the world of sports, it used to be entertaining, until the spurs started to be the topic of discussion. Apparently the heat are stronger than the spurs. Woody Paige, who I once liked... still can't give the spurs their props. "shaq is still hurt".. so is duncan..lets not forget that the heat are playing the wizards, who, lets face it, are a college team. The spurs are playing a 50 win team that had no problem beating the Kings, and lets not forget they won four straight against the "team to beat"... including two on their home court. Atleast Jay Mariotti..(who I still don't like) and Tim Cowlishaw knows when a team is superior.

I never really take anything from this show, because its four Insignificant opinions, but does anyone watch this show and want to throw a bow at some of these writers.

I still enjoy PTI though... that is just fun to watch.

Horry For 3!
05-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I've never liked Woody Paige, he always talks shit about the Spurs. He is a Suns fan and he was saying stuff about the Spurs all the time on 1st and 10.

SpursFanDan
05-09-2005, 04:35 PM
On PTI.. The spurs or the heat, aren't even mentioned on the list to the right. How does a team that blows out a good sonics team.. not get mentioned...because allen got hurt.. BS

dcole50
05-09-2005, 04:49 PM
pti is the only espn original entertainment show i'll watch. sportscenter annoys me to no end, so i usually just go online to get scores or watch espn news.

SpursFanDan
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm watching it now.. and their talking about why PJ Brown got an mvp vote. Wilbon gave his top six mvp votes and Timmy wasnt one of them... what?... thats crazy talk.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Well they are entitled to have an opinion, to me, both teams have been impressive. The argument was which team is more impressive. And you really can't argue against either answer.

timvp
05-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Nobody knows if the Heat are better than the Spurs or not, especially those ESPN characters.

The Heat could sweep the Spurs for all we know.

SpursFanDan
05-09-2005, 04:56 PM
For all I know...I think there will be no way the heat will sweep the spurs. I'll bet my life on it... but I also believe that the heat won't make it past the pistons. So your comment is moot to me.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Some Spurs fans hate analysts because they dont worship the spurs.

SpursFanDan
05-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Theres a difference between worship.. and recognition.

2centsworth
05-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Some Spurs fans hate analysts because they dont worship the spurs.
and?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I used to watch this show.. Four views about the world of sports, it used to be entertaining, until the spurs started to be the topic of discussion. Apparently the heat are stronger than the spurs

You just said you used to watch this show, but then you told us what they talked about today. So you still watch the show.

boutons
05-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Tony Rome had white guy from SI and black guy debating whether racism played a factor in Steve's election.

When the black was saying ""80% of the NBA is black and 80% of the NBA fans are black", I figured I had seen enough.

I don't watch TR, but was avoiding NBATV's replay of Game1, and it was in the 3rd qtr, which I saw way too much of last night. :)

SpursFanDan
05-09-2005, 05:12 PM
You just said you used to watch this show, but then you told us what they talked about today. So you still watch the show.

wow.. we have a scholar. I used to watch it everyday... I'm guilty today of watching it to see what they had to say about our team.

ducks
05-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Nobody knows if the Heat are better than the Spurs or not, especially those ESPN characters.

The Heat could sweep the Spurs for all we know.

and the spurs could sweep the heat for all we know

Obstructed_View
05-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Man I hope the Spurs meet the Heat in the finals.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-09-2005, 06:17 PM
wow.. we have a scholar. I used to watch it everyday... I'm guilty today of watching it to see what they had to say about our team.

Yea, and we have someone who has no clue about any other team other than the spurs.

SpursFanDan
05-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Yea, and we have someone who has no clue about any other team other than the spurs.

wow.. you can tell that just by what I said. you must be a genius and have the ability to read minds. You dont know me, so don't act like you do.

Tek_XX
05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Around the Horn is not that good of a show, the host and "analysts" are not that good but everyone has an opionion. PTI is much better and they have been known to give the spurs some props every now and then.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
wow.. you can tell that just by what I said. you must be a genius and have the ability to read minds. You dont know me, so don't act like you do.

Yes, I called Miss Cleo, she told me everything, I know everything about you.

leemajors
05-10-2005, 12:00 AM
around the horn did get a lot better with stat boy as host. max kellerman was god awful. pti still way better.

johnny00
05-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Woody Paige sounds confused and disoriented on his rants, dude needs to hang it up, this guy gets owned everytime he opens his mouth by Skip Bayless.
I love the wide eyed open mouth look he gives when he knows he just got a beat down.