PDA

View Full Version : I don't think Democrats...

Yonivore
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
...have a clue about what's going to happen in November. Well, except for Obey and a few others that have wisely decided to "retire."

Black Hopefuls Pick This Year in G.O.P. Races (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/us/politics/05blacks.html?src=me)

32 of them, at last count...oh yeah, they're courting the Tea Party! You know that lily-white racist group (not to be confused with Robert "Sheets" Byrd's beloved Klan.)

I get a kick out of watching Democrats be perplexed...

Russert Amazed Black Republicans Seek Tea Party Support, A Group Many 'Have Claimed To Be Racist' (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2010/05/05/russert-amazed-african-american-gop-candidates-seeking-support-tea)

:corn:

ChumpDumper
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Tell us about the time that black guy yelled at you.

jack sommerset
05-05-2010, 08:56 PM
They relize when they screwed over America they were out. Some are trying to leave with some dignity.

ChumpDumper
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
So why are more Republicans leaving, jack?

jack sommerset
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
So why are more Republicans leaving, jack?

Tell us.

ChumpDumper
05-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Tell us.I asked you. You claim to know why the Democrats are leaving. Tell us why more Republicans are leaving.

jack sommerset
05-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I asked you. You claim to know why the Democrats are leaving. Tell us why more Republicans are leaving.

You don't want to tell us, that is cool.

ChumpDumper
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
You don't want to tell us, that is cool.I don't know. You claim to know why the Democrats are leaving. I asked you why more Republicans are leaving. If you don't want to tell us or are feeling stupid or attracted to men, that's cool.

Yonivore
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Tell us.
Maybe for some of the same reasons. There are a lot of Republicans that haven't exactly endeared themselves to the Conservative base of their party.

But, I'm guessing, there'll be more Republicans replace by Republicans than there will be Democrats replaced by Democrats.

jack sommerset
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
i don't know. You claim to know why the democrats are leaving. I asked you why more republicans are leaving. If you don't want to tell us or are feeling stupid or attracted to men, that's cool.

lol

ChumpDumper
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Maybe for some of the same reasons. There are a lot of Republicans that haven't exactly endeared themselves to the Conservative base of their party.

But, I'm guessing, there'll be more Republicans replace by Republicans than there will be Democrats replaced by Democrats.Wow, the party in power loses seats in a midterm election?

Bold.

Yonivore
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I never see what it says, anymore, unless someone quotes it but, wow!, Chump has devolved into a non-vulgar boutons_deux.

I want a new personal troll, this one's spent.

ChumpDumper
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I never see what it says, anymore, unless someone quotes it but, wow!, Chump has devolved into a non-vulgar boutons_deux.

I want a new personal troll, this one's spent.I just figured you would have an opinion on why more Republicans are leaving power than Democrats, Barney. It's curious that you constantly leave out that fact.

lol "it," Barney.

PhoenixSpursFan
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I just figured you would have an opinion on why more Republicans are leaving power than Democrats, Barney. It's curious that you constantly leave out that fact.

lol "it," Barney.
Go to a tea party and absorb some knowledge Nuthumper......then tell me why it is the democracks ruined the American economy.:flag:

ChumpDumper
05-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Go to a tea party and absorb some knowledge Nuthumper......then tell me why it is the democracks ruined the American economy.:flag:Why don't you tell me now?

Be specific.

Nbadan
05-06-2010, 12:46 AM
The answers are at the Tea Party - :lol

ChumpDumper
05-06-2010, 12:51 AM
PhoenixSpursFan certainly has none.

Nbadan
05-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Poll after poll shows enthusiasm among likely GOP voters is way down, while enthusiasm for democratic voters is up slightly...Of course, if your in Tx you think everyone is a Obama hater..

admiralsnackbar
05-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Go to a tea party and absorb some knowledge Nuthumper......then tell me why it is the democracks ruined the American economy.:flag:

Democrats ruined the economy? I'm not saying they fixed anything, but I am saying you're a fucking retard.

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2010, 07:47 AM
...have a clue about what's going to happen in November. Well, except for Obey and a few others that have wisely decided to "retire."

Black Hopefuls Pick This Year in G.O.P. Races (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/us/politics/05blacks.html?src=me)

32 of them, at last count...oh yeah, they're courting the Tea Party! You know that lily-white racist group (not to be confused with Robert "Sheets" Byrd's beloved Klan.)

I get a kick out of watching Democrats be perplexed...

Russert Amazed Black Republicans Seek Tea Party Support, A Group Many 'Have Claimed To Be Racist' (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2010/05/05/russert-amazed-african-american-gop-candidates-seeking-support-tea)

:corn:

I stopped at
I don't think

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2010, 07:52 AM

the recession that started before obama came into office. that one? :lmao

you are brilliant!

TheProfessor
05-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Democrats ruined the economy? I'm not saying they fixed anything, but I am saying you're a fucking retard.
:tu

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Yikes. Conservatives getting slapped up, down, left right and center in this thread.

Better to just abandon it and start a new one. :lol

boutons_deux
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Conservative "philosophy" and mis-government has fucked up America, and will continue to do so.

mogrovejo
05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
the recession that started before obama came into office. that one? :lmao

you are brilliant!

You mean the one that started after the Democrats took over the Congress?

admiralsnackbar
05-06-2010, 10:05 AM

I think he meant the one that started when Bush gave away the surplus and went to war without any end-game.

spursfaninla
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
The recession that started with Bush in office? So the conservative-created recession?

Some people have the attention span of gnats. They must just look around at a mess and point a finger at who is in charge, assuming it is their fault since they are on duty.

Lets see if the "tea party" nutjobs end up actually endorsing any of the black candidates. Then they can talk. Until then, their birth-certificate-questioning members can continue to look they way they look: like conspiracy-mongering, racist buffoons.

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 11:46 AM

How many economic laws did the Dems actually pass in 06? I seem to remember a good deal of obstruction on the part of Republicans back then...

mogrovejo
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
How many economic laws did the Dems actually pass in 06? I seem to remember a good deal of obstruction on the part of Republicans back then...

Who cares? If we're going to attempt to track the legislation that contributed to the crisis we'd need to go till the FDR administration and beyond.

The purpose of my post was just to show that the "this was Bush's recession" theory is just as pathetic as the "this is Obama's recession".

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Who cares? If we're going to attempt to track the legislation that contributed to the crisis we'd need to go till the FDR administration and beyond.

The purpose of my post was just to show that the "this was Bush's recession" theory is just as pathetic as the "this is Obama's recession".

It would have been easier to show that by just posting

If we're going to attempt to track the legislation that contributed to the crisis we'd need to go till the FDR administration and beyond.

in the first place, I would think.

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2010, 12:27 PM

So a president is not responsible and congress is? Just trying to keep up with your logic..

So now Obama isn't at fault..thanks for clearing that up.!:toast

Crookshanks
05-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Poll after poll shows enthusiasm among likely GOP voters is way down, while enthusiasm for democratic voters is up slightly...Of course, if your in Tx you think everyone is a Obama hater..

Wrong answer - but thanks for playing...

DEM TURNOUT FALLS OFF A CLIFF
By Reid Wilson

Turnout among Dem voters dropped precipitously in 3 statewide primaries on Tuesday, giving the party more evidence that their voters lack enthusiasm ahead of midterm elections.

In primaries in NC, IN and OH, Dems turned out at far lower rates than they have in previous comparable elections.

Just 663K OH voters cast ballots in the competitive primary between LG Lee Fisher (D) and Sec/State Jennifer Brunner (D). That number is lower than the 872K voters who turned out in '06, when neither Gov. Ted Strickland (D) nor Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) faced serious primary opponents.

Only 425K voters turned out to pick a nominee against Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC). The 14.4% turnout was smaller than the 444K voters -- or 18% of all registered Dem voters -- who turned out in '04, when Gov. Mike Easley (D) faced only a gadfly candidate in his bid to be renominated for a second term.

And in IN, just 204K Hoosiers voted for Dem House candidates, far fewer than the 357K who turned out in '02 and the 304K who turned out in '06.

By contrast, GOP turnout was up almost across the board. 373K people voted in Burr's uncompetitive primary, nearly 9% higher than the 343K who voted in the equally non-competitive primary in '04. Turnout in House races in IN rose 14.6% from '06, fueled by the competitive Senate primary, which attracted 550K voters. And 728K voters cast ballots for a GOP Sec/State nominee in Ohio, the highest-ranking statewide election with a primary; in '06, just 444K voters cast ballots in that race.

Top Dem strategists have promised to spend millions to get their voters to cast ballots, and polls show they will need to succeed in order to avoid an electoral beating. The latest weekly Gallup tracking survey shows 43% of GOPers are "very enthusiastic" about voting, while just 33% of Dems feel the same way.

But some Dems say they don't worry about low turnout in primaries at the moment.

"We had historic increases in registration in 2008 and we are working to turn out those first time voters again this fall, and we'll do so united behind our nominees -- which can't be said of Republicans," DNC spokesman Hari Sevugan said. "The real story in looking at motivation of the base from yesterday was a deeply divided Republican party that nominated deeply flawed candidates that overwhelming majorities of their own voters couldn't support."

Sevugan pointed to ex-Sen. Dan Coats (R), who won just 39% of the IN primary vote, and to Rep. Dan Burton (R), who held off 2 strong challengers to win renomination with just 30% of the vote, as evidence that the GOP coalition is fractured.

But Dems face problems in reuniting their base, too. Asked recently how much she would campaign for Fisher if she lost the primary, Brunner made a zero with her hands. NC Sec/State Elaine Marshall (D) and ex-state Sen. Cal Cunningham (D) will face off again in a June 22 runoff, sapping more of their already-limited treasuries.

About the only state the party doesn't have internal conflict at the moment is in IN, where Sen. Evan Bayh's (D) retirement means the party will hand-pick Rep. Brad Ellsworth (D) later this month. But in search of party harmony, there is peril: Bayh's departure gives the GOP an excellent shot at winning the seat, and Ellsworth's candidacy means his own GOP-leaning district is up for grabs too.

Efforts are already underway to improve Dem turnout this fall. The DNC has promised $30M to be spent on GOTV operations run through Organizing for America, Pres. Obama's political wing. The group will emphasize voter turnout and persuasion, as well as personal interaction that DNC chair Tim Kaine recently told reporters is more effective than TV advertising.

-- Dan Roem, Jamie Shufflebarger and Sean Sullivan contributed to this report.

KEEP UP THAT WISHFUL THINKING DAN :lmao

Duff McCartney
05-06-2010, 01:57 PM

You have no clue if you think the recession has anything to do with the Democrats of 2006. If anything, this can be traced back to the deregulation period of the Reagan years.

Now we paid the price for it. Well I didn't but I'm sure someone did. Maybe.

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dem turnout was low. Most of the "youth vote" seemed to be well left of the political center... and Obama is, for the most part, governing center-left. Most are probably jaded.

Winehole23
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
You have no clue if you think the recession has anything to do with the Democrats of 2006. True. It has much more to do with the deregulation of banks and financial derivatives under Bill Clinton in the late 1990's.

Yonivore
05-06-2010, 08:26 PM
You have no clue if you think the recession has anything to do with the Democrats of 2006.
Not all of them.

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Franks, Christopher Dodd, Larry Summers, and Timothy Geithner are the most culpable.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Not all of them.

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Franks, Christopher Dodd, Larry Summers, and Timothy Geithner are the most culpable.Which Republicans are to blame according to you, yoni?

Winehole23
05-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Reagan, GWB and the GOP's recent Congressional majorities about cover it for me.

Wild Cobra
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM
The recession that started with Bush in office? So the conservative-created recession?

Is that what you think? Then you are poorly informed.

The recession started months after democrats took control of congress in 2007.

Some people have the attention span of gnats. They must just look around at a mess and point a finger at who is in charge, assuming it is their fault since they are on duty.

Some people need a reality check.

Lets see if the "tea party" nutjobs end up actually endorsing any of the black candidates. Then they can talk. Until then, their birth-certificate-questioning members can continue to look they way they look: like conspiracy-mongering, racist buffoons.

They don't endorse or fail to by race. If there is a black conservative running against someone less conservative, then (s)he will get the endorsement. Just that simple. No affirmative action required.

George Gervin's Afro
05-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Is that what you think? Then you are poorly informed.

The recession started months after democrats took control of congress in 2007.

Some people need a reality check.

They don't endorse or fail to by race. If there is a black conservative running against someone less conservative, then (s)he will get the endorsement. Just that simple. No affirmative action required.

So a congress in power for less than 12 months is responsible for a recession. Is that what you're saying?

Wild Cobra
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
So a congress in power for less than 12 months is responsible for a recession. Is that what you're saying?
Yes. They kept saying how bad a slowly growing economy was, talked about tax hikes, and scared this nation into recession.

ChumpDumper
05-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes. They kept saying how bad a slowly growing economy was, talked about tax hikes, and scared this nation into recession.:lmao

Boo!