PDA

View Full Version : What Adjustments can the Spurs Make?

ceperez
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Okay, the Spurs definitely need to make some adjustments.

They did so with the Mavs and they won that series despite being the under dog.

The Spurs definitely have an easier time scoring against the Suns, however it's the kind of game the Suns are playing that's killing us.

We need someone to make it difficult for Nash. Temple? Manu?

We need more 3 point makes. Don't know who else to look for here.

Parker should penetrate more. He barely did much this game.

Manu shouldn't try to hard to make plays. He made too many turnovers.

Hill needs to calm down. Fortuntately he played better towards the end.

Duncan needs to play someone who stays in the center. He can't be force to play outside.

Blair seem to play pretty well against Amare. He denies the ball well (got two interceptions) and his long arms gives Amare troubles when he dribbles.

McDyess didn't play enough.

Bogans is too slow to be on the court.

Bonner really needs to make those shots. It's sad, but the truth is, the entire season rides on this player making open shots.

Maybe it would make sense to have Mahinmi on Frye. Don't think Frye has the low post moves to make it difficult to guard, plus you need someone with length to bother Frye's shot.

The Suns quickness are causing big problems. The Spurs are a very good half court team (we beat Dallas that way). But all this movement is creating havoc on our defense.

bdictjames
05-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Bring back Oberto, Horry, Bowen, and Kurt Thomas.

ALVAREZ6
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
That's a really long list.

You can shorten it by just coming and hustling your ass off and playing like you want to win. Not watching PHX do everything, including make open threes, pull down thousands of rebounds, convert in transition...etc.

Bring your balls and composure, leave the panicky fuck shit at home.

m33p0
05-05-2010, 11:15 PM
stop jacking up jumpers and attack!

Gaddabout
05-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Some things I would do if I were Pop:

- Post Duncan in the high post and let Manu post up Nash, if that's the defensive matchup the Suns are going to go with. Only good things are going to happen there.

- Get McDyess going early. Run plays for him. The more McDyess is involved in scoring the more interest he's going to have in rebounding. You can even play him at center and run pick-and-roll with him from the elbow like the Suns do with Stoudemire. At the very least I think you should get your six fouls worth out of him guarding Stoudemire when Duncan's off the floor.

- Just match Bonner up with Frye. Frye's not going to run Bonner off the three point line so he's likely to get a wide open look every time. There's your 20 minutes from Bonner -- productive contribution.

da_suns_fan
05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Make their wide open three pointers.

I saw ONE roll for Amare to the basket. You cant defend the pick n roll much better.

Gaddabout
05-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Should point out Robin Lopez is expected to make his return in Game 3. Not sure how that's going to work in the rotations. He may start but play only 10 minutes. But it definitely makes the Suns a better defensive team and Amare a better rebounder.

nevitt_&_smrek
05-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Somehow Spurs have to shore up the middle defensively on those pick n rolls. I don't remember too much clutch stops in the 4th. Also clean up on the defensive backboard. Offensively the Spurs did fine.

NRHector
05-06-2010, 12:22 AM
If they don't make the 3's and better defense the only adjustments they are going to make is get a bigger boat so they can invite the Mavs.