PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 minutes can make you lose a game

SpurOutofTownFan
05-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Another thread on this one but it's just too many times the spurs lose a lead when these 3 guys play together. At some point you have to recognize and correct this. Against Dallas, this same thing happened but with the difference the Spurs somehow managed to win the game.

32-21 10:40 2nd
- parker manu bogans bonner blair on the court for the spurs. the suns fans are silent
32-23 10:38 2nd
- bogans foul on dudley in the paint, 3 pt play
- dudley misses FT and blair fouls stoudemire under the basket. suns have the ball.
32-23 10:24 2nd
- blair fouls dudley in the paint, 3 pt play
- dudley misses FT
32-25 10:22 2nd
- stoudemire fouls blair after rebound
- manu missed layup
- suns team rebound and bogans fould dragic
- suns throw in try a 3 and get next offensive rebound
- barbosa misses an open 3 and suns lose possession
- parker tries to penetrate and loses the ball
32-27 9:16 2nd
- barbosa scores on a fastbreak when he clearly walked
- time out spurs
32-27 9:07 2nd
- hill manu bonner duncan jefferson on the court for the spurs - the sun fans are in the game for the first time

If the Spurs had used a different lineup (with some of these guys but not all at the same time) they could have kept the lead and win the game. This isn't a guarantee but its most likely than not.

Dingle Barry
05-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Mason was conspicuously absent

ALVAREZ6
05-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I saw it happening right at that time when it all started. Pop is too calm and slow this series, gotta be more aggressive in stopping the horseshit. No more fucking around with lineups.

Dro210
05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
I agree, this was no doubt the biggest turning point in the game... The Bonner/Blair/Mason or Bogans lineup kills us EVERY time... and little to none of the fault belongs to Blair. It's just not logical to expect a 6'7 rookie to man the paint and grab every rebound by himself. It's a waste of anything he can give us.

Garretson (not Joey) made 3-4 BULLLLShit calls in this stretch too... total game changer. Not blaming the officiating for this loss tho, just sayin it didn't help, especially in that specific stretch.

Capt Bringdown
05-05-2010, 11:40 PM
That sequence was the turning point, I agree.