PDA

View Full Version : Could the Suns just be a better team?

lebomb
05-06-2010, 06:59 AM
................. I was more afraid of Dallas than I am the Suns, but the Suns have shown me that they are no Mavericks. They have a really good team. They dont make a whole lot of mistakes and can hit the open shot. I dont know............. I dont feel too good about winning this series anymore. :depressed

Oh, and by the way............we cant hit jumpers to save our asses. :bang

m33p0
05-06-2010, 07:04 AM
maybe.

they definitely have the roleplayers to back that claim.

TheChillFactor
05-06-2010, 07:08 AM
i think this is the case. our role players suck. the suns seem mentally tougher so far. maybe if we punch them in the mouth in SA they'll start to grip a little, but this team clearly isn't as soft as they were in years past.

Bukefal
05-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Maybe indeed, they definitely have a strong team this time, a lot different and they make it very tough for us. I'm getting a bit worried too, but I still think we can beat them, just hoping that everything goes right at home so we can come back in the series and that the team is motivated. Motivation also plays a huge part, and the Suns were very yesterday.
It was really a shame yesterday, we needed that to win, the spurs didnt play too bad, but they let it go.

DBMethos
05-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Funny thing was, when things were close to start the 4th quarter, the Suns manned up and started forcing crappy shots out of us while we were helpless to stop their execution. I turned to my wife and said, "this is how we used to play against them. Now they're doing it to us." :depressed

m33p0
05-06-2010, 07:19 AM
there's still time to fix things. ain't over yet. but unless Blair go beasting mode, Dice get the minutes, Jefferson continuing what he had started in Game, Hill realizing that he needs to do more on both ends, and Manu of old comes back, it'll be more of the same.

coyotes_geek
05-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Sure is looking that way. It's incredibly disheartening that thru 5 games, regular season and playoffs, the Spurs have yet to hold Phoenix under 110 points.

Muser
05-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Suns are far more deep than Dallas, and they are peaking at the right time of the season.

SpursRulez4eVeR
05-06-2010, 07:32 AM
the suns played two better, more completed games than the spurs. Their players are not afraid of the spurs and believe they are the better team...you know that by the way they are shooting the spurs out of the gym and the inability on the spurs part to stop them.

All in all,I believe the spurs can definitely play better than the last two outings but it will take a collective team effort.

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2010, 07:42 AM
they have been for the first 2 games that's for sure.

SenorSpur
05-06-2010, 07:50 AM
At this point, there's no doubt the Suns bench has been better. We'll find out more over the next 2 games in San Antonio.

alchemist
05-06-2010, 07:58 AM
That won't be a pretty series for the Spurs if they end up playing each other.

04-24-2010, 12:56 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152097

I don't think a lot of people understood how good the Suns actually were/are.

DarrinS
05-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Better bench, that's for sure.

coyotes_geek
05-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I don't think a lot of people understood how good the Suns actually were/are.

There's certainly been a pretty big case of yesterday's successes distorting people's views of how things stand today.

romain.star
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
they actually have role players delivering

dreamcastrocks
05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Maybe indeed, they definitely have a strong team this time, a lot different and they make it very tough for us. I'm getting a bit worried too, but I still think we can beat them, just hoping that everything goes right at home so we can come back in the series and that the team is motivated. Motivation also plays a huge part, and the Suns were very yesterday.
It was really a shame yesterday, we needed that to win, the spurs didnt play too bad, but they let it go.

Yep. The Spurs played good enough to beat the Suns 8 out of 10 times and the rest of the league even higher.

Beaverfuzz
05-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Let's wait until Phoenix wins a game in SA before anointing them the winners.

coyotes_geek
05-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Let's wait until Phoenix wins a game in SA before anointing them the winners.

The problem is that Phoenix doesn't need to win a game in SA to win the series.

Duncan21kid
05-06-2010, 08:43 AM

The problem is with the way spurs are playing they probobly will win a game in SA :bang

2Cleva
05-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Key vs Dallas was SA fired up to make up for losing in the first round. That fire eliminated the HCA.

The difference between SA and Phoenix is Phx's role players have fed off the early HCA while SA's role players I think were more relaxed and didn't respect Phx enough because of the history between the two teams. Now Phx's guys are rolling and some of that will travel to SA.

I think if SA as a team had more fear/respect of Phoenix from the start the role players would have been up enough to win one of these past two. That's what say Boston has had in taking it to Cleveland.

Agloco
05-06-2010, 09:29 AM
................. I was more afraid of Dallas than I am the Suns, but the Suns have shown me that they are no Mavericks. They have a really good team. They dont make a whole lot of mistakes and can hit the open shot. I dont know............. I dont feel too good about winning this series anymore. :depressed

Most people haven't followed the Suns and assume that they are the same team that missed the playoffs last year. Their bench is shooting, rebounding and playing with a lot of fire. Add in the fact that J Rich and G Hill are playing solid basketball right now and you have a very dangerous team.

You're right though, they are better with Frye and Dudley than with Diaw and Bell ( go figure). But they're used in a different fashion and it plays to their strengths. At the end of the day, Frye and Dudley are making shots when they matter, whereas Bell and Diaw did not.

This will be a short series unless the Spurs find some way of containing those three point shooters off the bench. They need to be more intelligent about chasing those guys off the 3 point line. Make Frye and Dudley put it on the floor, and make G Hill shoot 3's......

sa_butta
05-06-2010, 09:31 AM
It sure seems that their bench is much deeper. On paper our role players are good enough to keep up, but I guess they just decided not to show up for the playoffs.

TampaDude
05-06-2010, 09:33 AM
If the Suns win one in SA, this series is over.

Yes, the Suns look really good this year. They may have finally found a way to beat us in the playoffs.

If the Suns advance, I will back them in the WCF. I wouldn't mind seeing Nash get his first ring. He is an elite player and deserves a championship. :toast

lefty
05-06-2010, 09:49 AM
It's not that the Suns look good, the Spurs are just playing soft. When is someone going to put Nash on his ass? Why was Bonner in the game when Dice was hitting his shots and playing solid. The Parker off the bench deal is a joke.
+1

:depressed

silverblk mystix
05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
If the Suns win one in SA, this series is over.

Yes, the Suns look really good this year. They may have finally found a way to beat us in the playoffs.

If the Suns advance, I will back them in the WCF. I wouldn't mind seeing Nash get his first ring. He is an elite player and deserves a championship. :toast

the sad thing is that---should the suns beat the spurs---then there is NO-ONE--that will give the lakers a scare---or beat them

only the spurs could have done that----

but---

mark my words---if the suns play the lakers---the suns will bend over willingly for the lakers---they will become lambs and offer themselves as sacrifice to the lakers...

that is what pisses me off---the spurs are HELPING to clear the path for the lakers to get to the finals without a true test...

if we were going to suck this bad against the suns---then it would have just been better to have let dallas win so they could have beat the lakers...

z0sa
05-06-2010, 09:54 AM
#1-10, the Suns are definitely playing better basketball. They're simply outlasting us with their bench unit.

Agloco
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
It sure seems that their bench is much deeper. On paper our role players are good enough to keep up, but I guess they just decided not to show up for the playoffs.

Or someone decided not to play them......

My Fault
05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
It's not that the Suns look good, the Spurs are just playing soft. When is someone going to put Nash on his ass? Why was Bonner in the game when Dice was hitting his shots and playing solid. The Parker off the bench deal is a joke.

I agree. The Spurs' role players are playing soft and to don't seem to have the hunger to win the game. After game 5 against the Mavs this has worried me. If the Spurs hope to go further they need to treat every game as a must win. Outside the big 3 nobody seems to have that mentality. They got up for Dallas but seem uninterested in the Suns.

sa_butta
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Or someone decided not to play them......
But when they do play there is not intesity. The role players have no fire. Each year we won the title there was at least one role player with fire.

SpurCharger
05-06-2010, 10:20 AM
The suns Are not afraid of the Spurs Anymore..... Plus they Are Menatally A way Stronger Basketball Team Then in Years Past.....It Not even Nash or stoudamire who are really Killing us.... Its the new guys, Channing Fry, Dudley, J Rich Has picked up his Game..... I think we still Have A Good Chance if we can Hold Our home Court, But It will not be easy....

My Fault
05-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I think the role players will get up at home but it doesn't matter cause you can't beat the Lakers if you don't show up for every game as a must win. Even if it's game one.

Arrowch4
05-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh, and by the way............we cant hit jumpers to save our asses. :bang[/quote]

THIS... :bang

DesignatedT
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
they're a deeper team. that's for sure. First team to 4 wins will decide who's better. still a lot of basketball to be played.

sananspursfan21
05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
in years past though, spurs stole the first game which i think deflated the suns. last meeting, duncan made that three, and every game 1 i can remember, the suns had the lead until the very end. the spurs just haven't been able to "steal" a game yet. as long as both home games are won, i think sa can steal game 5 {crosses fingers}

boutons_deux
05-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Spurs' bench of Bonner, Bogans, Mason makes Spurs an inferior team in WC playoffs.

dreamcastrocks
05-06-2010, 12:12 PM
All in all,I believe the spurs can definitely play better than the last two outings but it will take a collective team effort.

Really?

I'll admit that I'm not an expert on the Spurs, but I thought that the Spurs held the Suns to 42% shooting, 7 or 8 fast break points, and actually got contributions from RJ and Hill. All things that Popovich stated that they needed to do in order to win. I just don't think that they can collectively play much better than they did last night.

The Spurs played very well I thought and good enough to beat the Suns 8 out of 10 times.

lebomb
05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Really?

I'll admit that I'm not an expert on the Spurs, but I thought that the Spurs held the Suns to 42% shooting, 7 or 8 fast break points, and actually got contributions from RJ and Hill. All things that Popovich stated that they needed to do in order to win. I just don't think that they can collectively play much better than they did last night.

The Spurs played very well I thought and good enough to beat the Suns 8 out of 10 times.

Yep, exactly how I feel. I thought the Spurs played pretty damn good, besides not hitting the 3s and Manu not getting 30pts.

Brazil
05-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Yep, exactly how I feel. I thought the Spurs played pretty damn good, besides not hitting the 3s and Manu not getting 30pts.

an letting the suns grab 18 O rebounds

dreamcastrocks
05-06-2010, 12:32 PM

The Spurs were able to beat the Mavs without hitting a 3 at all.

One thing that I will say is that the Suns P&R defense vs. the execution of the Spurs P&R offense was a big, BIG key to this game. Normally the Suns get killed in the P&R because Amare is so poor at defending it. Amare/Fry did a good job of leaking out to Parker/Ginobili and the rotations were good enough to allow them to get back to their man.

easy7
05-06-2010, 12:33 PM
The Suns will win as long as the Spurs don't stop the same damn play where Nash takes the ball and gets everyone away from the basket and passes it to Amare for a dunk. I saw that same play run to death yesterday and only once did Tim block the pass. That play was good for at least 20 points yesterday.

dreamcastrocks
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
The Suns will win as long as the Spurs don't stop the same damn play where Nash takes the ball and gets everyone away from the basket and passes it to Amare for a dunk. I saw that same play run to death yesterday and only once did Tim block the pass. That play was good for at least 20 points yesterday.

It is a bread and butter play for us that works really well. It is nearly impossible to stop too.

m33p0
05-06-2010, 12:57 PM

it's been good since nash and amare wore the same uniform.

dreamcastrocks
05-06-2010, 12:57 PM
it's been good since nash and amare wore the same uniform.

Actually, the play that he is talking about is pretty new. They started running it this year.

LakeShow
05-06-2010, 01:00 PM
The Spurs will win the next 2 games at home. I see this series going 7

Budkin
05-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes, they look like they are this time. But there is still a lot of basketball to be played in this series.

michaelwcho
05-06-2010, 01:11 PM

Is it possible that the Suns and Spurs are about equal, but they happen to win?

Oh, Gee!!
05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
so far they have been better than us this entire season.

Strike
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Is it possible that the Suns and Spurs are about equal, but they happen to win?

Right now, no. In my opinion, Phoenix is the better team right now. They're just playing better basketball than the Spurs right now. I was concerned about the Suns before the series started but I had every confidence that San Antonio would take one game in Phoenix and come back to Texas with home court advantage. Now, I'm not too sure if the Spurs will even win a game.

Man In Black
05-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I just don't think Frye will continue to hit at such a high level. It's up to the Spurs to matchup smartly on the transition and then recognition of who is rotating where. How they switch is going to be the key. When Grant Hill down screens Tim, George should recognize that Frye is on the arc and go to him, and Tim stays down where he's most effective.

dbestpro
05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes, the Suns at present are a better team. The game is not about the individual players. As a team they each know their roles and are doing their jobs (expect maybe for Barbosa). The Spurs not so much. The Spurs in a word from the players to the coaches and even the front office are "inconsistent" and as such cannot be considered championship material. You must bring it day in and day out on every play. Too many players take too many plays off both physically and mentally for the outcome to be any different.

elbamba
05-06-2010, 01:55 PM
They played like it the last two games. No excuses, Suns outplayed Spurs in both games. Spurs played well enough to win both games, but the defense has not been there in the 4th like it used to be.

Really makes you miss Bruce. He would be too old to make that much of a difference now, but one can really appreciate how he would shut Nash down for quarters at a time.

DaBears
05-06-2010, 02:07 PM
The difference in this serires if that the Suns can space the floor, they have players that raun and can hit 3's at an alarming rate.. The Spurs on the other hand do not have players that can hits 3's witht he consistency that the Suns can...

its tuff to stay in a game when you cant make a 3 pointer to give breathing room.. Spurs must fgirue out a way to combat that with different "D", or get physical with the players no one is playing that way, as compared to the Mav's series.....

Why Bonner is in the game longer than then should be is still a mystery, i understand why he is in the game which"to spread the floor" only problem with that is he isnt hitting shots, he is not rebounding, not blocking shots, not driving to the hoop hitting a mid range jumper so really why is he in the game at cruical times i dont know.. Spurs should never get out rebounding by the SUNS.. Hell no that is a NO NO.. Chaying Frye or how ever you spell his name was on fire why somone did not just stay on him not supply help to otehrs just stick his man till pocession changes beats me..

Can the SPURS please hit a dam FREE THROW.. ITS almost sickining WATCH'in them clank it from all sides of the rim.. Its the easiest shot and they cant hit it... That is another factor why we are loosing this series.. TD looks like he has no confidence when he goes to the line its getting to the point where i just expect him to miss them...

hopefully they can turn it around.. I'll be there at the game cheering them on...

dbestpro
05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Can the SPURS please hit a dam FREE THROW.. ITS almost sickining WATCH'in them clank it from all sides of the rim.. Its the easiest shot and they cant hit it... That is another factor why we are loosing this series.. TD looks like he has no confidence when he goes to the line its getting to the point where i just expect him to miss them...

hopefully they can turn it around.. I'll be there at the game cheering them on...

This missed free throws is endemic of a bigger problem as a team and that is a lack of focus. It infects the the free throw line, the outside shot and even the defense. The team is just not very strong between the ears. Pop says their men and he shouldn't have to say anything to them. The results do not merit this observation by Pop.

jjktkk
05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
This missed free throws is endemic of a bigger problem as a team and that is a lack of focus. It infects the the free throw line, the outside shot and even the defense. The team is just not very strong between the ears. Pop says their men and he shouldn't have to say anything to them. The results do not merit this observation by Pop.

The Spurs haven't been a good free throw shooting team, for a few years now. The Spurs have lost some pretty good 3-point shooters over the past few years as well, like Horry, Barry, etc.... Not being able to space the floor with 3-point shooters is one of the things thats killing the Spurs this series IMO.

cornbread
05-06-2010, 06:27 PM
To make it fair, they should spot us 5 points every time Bonner goes in the game.

PDXSpursFan
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
The only thing we know so far is:

Suns 2nd unit at home court > Spurs 2nd unit on the road.

Beaverfuzz
05-06-2010, 06:35 PM

If SA holds in 3 and 4, they take the series. It's not like SA has been blown out this series like Portland did against this same Phoenix team (and at home twice!)

PublicOption
05-06-2010, 06:41 PM
first game was the suns and home court. second game was 37-21 FTA.

spurs even this shit up (most bad refs are gone(except salvatore)

if salvatore refs game 3 or 4, the league is trying to get rid of us.
if salvatore does not ref one of the 2 games left the spurs will win both games easily.

neboat
05-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Swap Bonner/Mason for Frye/Dudley and we would kick their ass...... yeah our bench sucks

m33p0
05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
first game was the suns and home court. second game was 37-21 FTA.

spurs even this shit up (most bad refs are gone(except salvatore)

if salvatore refs game 3 or 4, the league is trying to get rid of us.
if salvatore does not ref one of the 2 games left the spurs will win both games easily.
this is a case of public opinion running contrary to the majority.

Rummpd
05-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Suns are a lot better than I expected and Spurs will have to go all out to beat them 2 straight and revive some momentum. It is doable but the Suns are going to be very hard to beat 4 of 5.

scottspurs
05-06-2010, 07:31 PM
If the Suns win this series then you have to say they are the better team, but right now I still believe the spurs are the better team. When a team has yet to win a road game in a series you really can't call any team better. If the Suns win game 3 or 4 you would have to say they are the better team heading into the latter part of the series. Game 3 and 4 are probably must win games because I don't think the Spurs can win two games in Phoenix from what they have shown on the road so far.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-06-2010, 07:36 PM

That may be the case but I think in a seven game series the Spurs can win one on the road. The Suns team cannot win in San Antonio.

Spurs in seven.

slayermin
05-06-2010, 08:01 PM
No. They are not.

They are a bad matchup when we don't hit open shots. I still have faith. Win game three first. Then let's see what happens Sunday.

Do any of you really think the Suns beat the Spurs in AT&T on Mother's Day? I certainly don't.

DAF86
05-06-2010, 08:09 PM
We have no three point shooting to keep up with the Suns. But that's not a excuse to get killed in the boards like we're getting, we need to at least match their intensity level.

afireinside20
05-06-2010, 08:23 PM
The Spurs also only go through short spurts of scoring and making runs. They need to have max intensity, and drive for the whole game. When other players aren't getting it done, Manu needs to take over the damn game!!! Jefferson also, he's a slasher and should be able to get tons of calls if her drives in to score. Yet I cringe everytime he takes a three pointer, or takes some of those fade aways that have no chance of going in. Duncan has been playing relatively well even for his age now. Also I fucking hate when Bonner goes in the game, that dude sucks, can't wait til the summer when we let go of his ass.

:flag::downspin: :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Giuseppe
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I come over here from the Lakers Board (the old NBA Forum) and this is what I find? Everybody boo hoo'ing, cryin', lamenting. I don't f'in believe this! I'm goin' back over and tellin' Luva on your girlish asses. He'll get a kick out of this shit.

Chow!

dbreiden83080
05-06-2010, 08:31 PM
maybe

But i think we win tomorrow night impressively and game 4 will be very tight..

dbestpro
05-06-2010, 08:44 PM
I come over here from the Lakers Board (the old NBA Forum) and this is what I find? Everybody boo hoo'ing, cryin', lamenting. I don't f'in believe this! I'm goin' back over and tellin' Luva on your girlish asses. He'll get a kick out of this shit.

Chow!

I would have to say most of these posts do not contain one tear. We are holding our team accountable for their play. We're not blaming the refs, Stern, the media or even the Suns. We are were we are because our team simply is not playing good enough. Laker fan thinks the only way Lakers don't win must be somebody elses fault. Been around PJack toooo long.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2010, 09:05 PM
The Suns are the more poised team when the pressure's on for sure. The Spurs are going to need to rattle their confidence a bit if they want to win the series.

Giuseppe
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Laker fan thinks the only way Lakers don't win must be somebody elses fault. Been around PJack toooo long.

& Spurs fan thought likewise until these Suns took off after ya's. 2 games and yer humbled beyond recognition.

Just don't quit. Get inside the wire, backs up against the wall, and take these fucks as they come in tomorrow night.

Savvy?

Capt Bringdown
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I think the tide finally turned for the Suns in the second quarter of game 2. Something about watching their scrubs pull down offensive rebounds and melt away our 11 point lead told me that our domination of them is over. IMO, this was the pivotal moment of the series.

We've only won 2 quarters so far. The Suns are answering all our moves and killing us with the timely 3's.

I guess all we can hope for now is a stunning reversal. Spurs have a rare opportunity to essentially crush an NBA franchise. Imagine if the Suns lost this series, I think they might just call it quits!

Horse
05-06-2010, 09:14 PM
They may be a better team than dallas, but their just like dallas in the way that if we give them confidence they will kill us but as soon as we take that confidence away they will crumble so should we win 2 at home, we have a great opportunity to get game 5. Cause the suns are still weak mentally but we've given them confidence by not respecting them and giving the proper effort especially in game 1.

Giuseppe
05-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Imagine if the Suns lost this series, I think they might just call it quits!

I'm here, Captain. Do it, and I'll cite it, on the fuckin' spot.

mytespurs
05-06-2010, 09:34 PM
the sad thing is that---should the suns beat the spurs---then there is NO-ONE--that will give the lakers a scare---or beat them

only the spurs could have done that----

but---

mark my words---if the suns play the lakers---the suns will bend over willingly for the lakers---they will become lambs and offer themselves as sacrifice to the lakers...

that is what pisses me off---the spurs are HELPING to clear the path for the lakers to get to the finals without a true test...

if we were going to suck this bad against the suns---then it would have just been better to have let dallas win so they could have beat the lakers...

Do you think we could really give the Lakers a test if we make it that far? 'Cause I don't....we'd win 1, 2 games max.

And the way the suns are playing.....they're not going to bend over...not by a long shot, especially the confidence they've been playing with....I think it's a matter that LA with their length may be too much for the Suns if they get that far.

Capt Bringdown
05-06-2010, 11:32 PM

Spot on. It's not entirely his fault, it's a team problem, but I hate watching Tim on the line. The fear and hesitation is apparent. And you're right, this infects other dimensions of the game. The doubt is palpable...and real.

For if you can't hit your FT's, you can't win in the playoffs.

silverblk mystix
05-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Do you think we could really give the Lakers a test if we make it that far? 'Cause I don't....we'd win 1, 2 games max.

And the way the suns are playing.....they're not going to bend over...not by a long shot, especially the confidence they've been playing with....I think it's a matter that LA with their length may be too much for the Suns if they get that far.

If you watch the last game between the spurs/lakers---the spurs dominated that game...

the great adjustment that pop made by putting RJ on Odumb really turned things around and also Dice was rebounding like a man and giving gasoft/bynum fits...

they destroyed the lakers on their home court on national TV---in a game the lakers really wanted...

so why not think they can win a series?

Capt Bringdown
05-07-2010, 12:40 AM
so why not think they can win a series?

What's Pop and Timmy's PO record against PJ's Lakers? Not very inspiring would be an extreme understatement. They own us similar to the way we own (or rather used to own) Phoenix. The Lakers typically bring their A+ game, while we assume the fetal position. Case in point the infamous game one meltdown we had a couple of years ago.

If we get pushed around and dominated by Phoenix's under-sized scrubs on the offensive boards, how do you suppose we'd handle Bynum, Gasol and Odom?

Lakers are gaining championship focus, esp Kobe, while we seem to be losing the focus we gained in the Mavs series. References to regular season games are irrelevant at this stage of the second season.

bus driver
05-07-2010, 08:16 AM
is this girl hot?http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/302sexy-lingerie.jpg

silverblk mystix
05-07-2010, 08:30 AM
What's Pop and Timmy's PO record against PJ's Lakers? Not very inspiring would be an extreme understatement. They own us similar to the way we own (or rather used to own) Phoenix. The Lakers typically bring their A+ game, while we assume the fetal position. Case in point the infamous game one meltdown we had a couple of years ago.

If we get pushed around and dominated by Phoenix's under-sized scrubs on the offensive boards, how do you suppose we'd handle Bynum, Gasol and Odom?

Lakers are gaining championship focus, esp Kobe, while we seem to be losing the focus we gained in the Mavs series. References to regular season games are irrelevant at this stage of the second season.

before you completely give the spurs no chance---think of this...

the last time the spurs played the lakers (and won convincingly) there was a statistic shown by ABC---it said that Pop's alltime record against the lakers is 25-25---

and the spurs won that game ---so I guess Pop is now 26-25

...man...why are some fans so awed by the lakers...I'll never understand that

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2010, 08:35 AM
If the Suns win this series then you have to say they are the better team, but right now I still believe the spurs are the better team. When a team has yet to win a road game in a series you really can't call any team better. If the Suns win game 3 or 4 you would have to say they are the better team heading into the latter part of the series. Game 3 and 4 are probably must win games because I don't think the Spurs can win two games in Phoenix from what they have shown on the road so far.

Using that logic, wouldn't you say that the Suns are better? Neither team has won on the road as you say, but the Spurs are 0-2 at proving that they are better than the Suns. The Suns did what they had to do and are 0-0 at proving that they are better.

Furthermore, the Suns don't even have to prove that they are better by winning on the road as long as they continue winning at home.

TampaDude
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
...man...why are some fans so awed by the lakers...I'll never understand that

What's Pop's record against the current Lakers lineup of Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Odom??? Betcha it's well under .500.

mavsfan1000
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
I have a feeling the Spurs will win all their home games this series. It will probably go to game 7 unless the spurs steal game 5.