PDA

View Full Version : Hollinger is owning all this year

nkdlunch
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Holinger has owned mavfans in round 1. He said mavs were not good enough and boom, mavs are gone in round 1.

He is in the process of owning the Spurs fans, although he said it's very close but predicts Suns to win due to home court.

In the WCF he will own the Lakers because the Suns(or Spurs) will advance to the NBA Finals. As he predicted.

on the East he will own the Celtics and Cavs fans because he will or already has picked the Magic to win it all. And they most likely will.

seems like this guy has been right on everything. Why is there a need to even play the games in the playoffs?? Stern should just hand the trophy to whoever Hollinger picks.

Giuseppe
05-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Why is there a need to even play the games in the playoffs?

I agree. Your team ain't played a game since the Dallas series ended.

redzero
05-06-2010, 10:56 AM
:worthy:

Never doubt the H-Man.

Danny.Zhu
05-06-2010, 11:07 AM
He is making other ESPN "experts" looking horrible.

noob cake
05-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Trollinger must have refined his formula over the summer.

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Eh, there's still a few games yet to play. I'm not quite ready to annoint him the Messiah of All Things Basketball.

Giuseppe
05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Please. You wouldn't take Adolph Hitler to task if he showed up here, Ln.

The Troll Whisperer
05-06-2010, 12:06 PM

tsst!

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 12:15 PM

Funny. I never viewed prudence as a negative trait.

Allanon
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Hollinger will be wrong about the Lakers. Nobody left in the West that can matchup with the Lakers.

He got the rest pretty much spot on.

Andrew Bynum
05-06-2010, 03:07 PM
He's been right about shit that hasn't even happened yet? :lol Come on now. Spurs series isn't over and who in the hell knows who comes out of the East and the Suns/Spurs knocking out LA, we'll see.

nkdlunch
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
He's been right about shit that hasn't even happened yet? :lol Come on now. Spurs series isn't over and who in the hell knows who comes out of the East and the Suns/Spurs knocking out LA, we'll see.

don't be an idiot Drew. As of right now Magic is looking like the strongest team in the East by far. And in the West, Suns are looking better than Spurs/Lakers.

of course things could change...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say they're looking better than the Lakers. Both teams won their first series in 6 and are currently up 2-0. The deciding factor is that LA is a terrible match up for Phoenix. While the rest of the NBA was buying into the hype the NBA is becoming a PG's league and more perimeter oriented, LA decided to focus on getting big men, and now they've got a monster height advantage on every team they play.

SomeCallMeTim
05-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Didn't Hollinger admit after the Lakers beat Utah in 6 in 2008 that matchups are important? LA dominated Utah's frontline and ISTR that he admitted that his system cannot and does not account for matchups. Like all stats, they are not universally predictive.

I do think Hollinger can be a bit smug about his stats but he does a pretty good job of forecasting IMO.

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Hollinger has been owning a lot of people for years. Sure he's not 100% with prediction, but who is? His PER formula is undeniably one of the best offensive and efficiency statistics in the history of statistics.

SomeCallMeTim
05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say they're looking better than the Lakers. Both teams won their first series in 6 and are currently up 2-0. The deciding factor is that LA is a terrible match up for Phoenix. While the rest of the NBA was buying into the hype the NBA is becoming a PG's league and more perimeter oriented, LA decided to focus on getting big men, and now they've got a monster height advantage on every team they play.

That's how I see it. The Suns are a great team and have a chance, but LA would have a huge frontcourt advantage and depth there while Phx is already thin with Lopez out. Add in HCA and the Lakers' #1 3 pt FG defense and I think the Suns have some real matchup problems.

I'm curious to see what adjustments PJ will make to deal with Nash this time out, if they end up playing each other.

phxspurfan
05-06-2010, 04:19 PM
on the East he will own the Celtics and Cavs fans because he will or already has picked the Magic to win it all. And they most likely will.

Magic will not win it all. Howard is and always will be too foul prone to win anything. If he somehow got hurt the Magic could win it all though.

Private Joker
05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

HarlemHeat37
05-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Magic will not win it all. Howard is and always will be too foul prone to win anything. If he somehow got hurt the Magic could win it all though.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

noob cake
05-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Goat

redzero
05-07-2010, 11:55 PM
:lol @ that smirk Hollinger had during the post game conference.

DJ Mbenga
05-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Holinger has owned mavfans in round 1. He said mavs were not good enough and boom, mavs are gone in round 1.

He is in the process of owning the Spurs fans, although he said it's very close but predicts Suns to win due to home court.

In the WCF he will own the Lakers because the Suns(or Spurs) will advance to the NBA Finals. As he predicted.

seems like this guy has been right on everything. Why is there a need to even play the games in the playoffs?? Stern should just hand the trophy to whoever Hollinger picks.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ob02s3.jpg

Andrew Bynum
05-18-2010, 11:15 PM

Brilliant thread shit face.

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Hollinger only owned Mavs fan because it was so obvious that Dallas was shit. He's been consistently wrong about everything else. Utah lol

Killakobe81
05-18-2010, 11:21 PM

Hope you didnt bet your lunch money like Chuck did on Hollinger ... LOL

Killakobe81
05-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Hollinger will be wrong about the Lakers. Nobody left in the West that can matchup with the Lakers.

He got the rest pretty much spot on.

ummmm ....no!