PDA

View Full Version : TP interview - change the course of the series

Bukefal
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
« Change the course of the series »

San Antonio had its second defeat in Phoenix. But, Tony Parker refuses to give up.

Tony, the situation becomes complicated now that you had your 2nd defeat in Phoenix (110-102)…
It is true that we are in a tricky position. When the series starts away, you wish you won a game before going home. Unfortunately, we didn’t. Even though we did a good game. Just look at the stats and you’ll see. That’s the frustrating part. We could have won.

When exactly did the game change ?
The difference lied in the control of the last quarter. Phoenix scored important points and we didn’t. We were in the rhythm in the 1st half. We had a 10 points lead but we couldn’t keep it.

Phoenix grabbed lots of offensive rebounds and their 3-points shots success was decisive in the last quarter…
Frye did some damage (5/6 at 3 points). Our defense existed since Phoenix only scored 42%. But we gave them too many second chances. Grabbing 18 offensive rebounds allowed them to stay in the game. And we can only blame ourselves.

Your role players took their responsibilities but still you lost. Isn’t it worrying for the rest of the series ?
In basketball a little something can make you win or lose . If we hadn’t let go at the end we would have won. Hill and Jefferson played better in this series. I’m happy for them, it’s encouraging. They’ll have to keep the same will so we can come back.

Each time Phoenix made the break, you played and the Spurs came back in the game (20 points – 8/14). Too bad there were no systems for you in the last quarter where you only shot 3 times…
Basketball is a team sports. You have to share the ball. And, Frye defended on Duncan. So we served Tim in the paint, because he was hot too.

And for those who may ask , you can shoot behind the line (2/2).
(Laugh). If I shoot when I’m alone, there are great chances I make it ! But Pop would rather see me play penetration, that’s my strength.

What did Gregg Popovich say after the game ?
He was frustrated just we were. But he noticed our good game first. There are positive things . We have no choice now but we know we can change the course of the series. We already did in 2008 vs New Orleans. We came back 2-2. If we’re serious we can get the series start all over again.

Arrowch4
05-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Phoenix grabbed lots of offensive rebounds and their 3-points shots success was decisive in the last quarter…
Frye did some damage (5/6 at 3 points). Our defense existed since Phoenix only scored 42%. But we gave them too many second chances. Grabbing 18 offensive rebounds allowed them to stay in the game.

well said,,,,,,,,,,,

Doctor J
05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Link please?

sa_butta
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Well said, now please win the next two at home.

Bukefal
05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Link please?

http://fr.tp9.net/%C2%AB-inverser-la-tendance-%C2%BB-767

Doctor J
05-06-2010, 12:36 PM
http://fr.tp9.net/%C2%AB-inverser-la-tendance-%C2%BB-767

Thanks.

LakeShow
05-06-2010, 12:46 PM
I noticed TP last night being very vocal with his team mates and getting on them for making bad plays, taking bad shots, etc. I can't say that I've ever seen him take such a leadership role before. Has he always been this vocal?

If so, I don't see why Pop is not starting him. It seems like you would want that leadership from the start of games.

dreamcastrocks
05-06-2010, 12:50 PM
I noticed TP last night being very vocal with his team mates and getting on them for making bad plays, taking bad shots, etc. I can't say that I've ever seen him take such a leadership role before. Has he always been this vocal?

If so, I don't see why Pop is not starting him. It seems like you would want that leadership from the start of games.

Starting not starting, it doesn't matter. He is still playing starter minutes and in there in the 4th at crunch time. Same reason why Manu came off of the bench for so long.

LakeShow
05-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Starting not starting, it doesn't matter. He is still playing starter minutes and in there in the 4th at crunch time. Same reason why Manu came off of the bench for so long.

True dat, but he appeared to be the Spurs vocal leader on the court. I would want my leaders to start the game to eliminate the badplay/mistakes early, similar to what the Lakers do by starting Fisher.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM
TP will be starting game 3.

dreamcastrocks
05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
True dat, but he appeared to be the Spurs vocal leader on the court. I would want my leaders to start the game to eliminate the badplay/mistakes early, similar to what the Lakers do by starting Fisher.

They better find someone on that bench to help them out if they start Parker. Maybe Hill has more success coming off of the bench against the Suns bench, but I doubt it.