PDA

View Full Version : Rumored Trade - Cowboys and Rams

Whisky Dog
05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Per DC.com

The Cowboys and Rams have discussed a trade that would send linebacker Bobby Carpenter to St. Louis in exchange for a player. Reports are surfacing that St. Louis is prepared to send offensive tackle Alex Barron to Dallas in the deal.

Both players were first-round picks, with Carpenter going to the Cowboys in 2006. In four years, he started just one game – occurring as a rookie in 2006, when he also started a game in the palyoffs.

Since then, he’s been more of a backup player and special teams contributor. This past season, Carpenter had his biggest role with the team, serving as the dime linebacker, replacing the departed Kevin Burnett.

As for Barron, he was drafted 19th overall in 2005, one spot ahead of Marcus Spears. Barron has started 74 of the 76 games played, although it’s been reported the Rams have not been pleased with the consistency of Barron. St. Louis drafted Jason Smith with the No. 2 pick in the 2009 draft and then took Indiana lineman Roger Saffold with the 33rd pick in this year’s draft.

Barron started all 16 games at left tackle last year, 15 games at right tackle in 2008 and all 16 games at left tackle in 2007.

If Barron indeed comes to the Cowboys, he will likely compete with Doug Free for the starting left tackle position, but his experience playing both positions could also increase his value as a swing-tackle to back up both spots.

More details to come.

Duff McCartney
05-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I'd go for that. Carpenter is just taking up matter in Dallas anyway. Better he take up matter in St. Louis.

crc21209
05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Sounds good to me...do it. :tu

Spursfan092120
05-06-2010, 08:52 PM
-- Cowboys Set to Make Trade with Rams --
Thu May 6, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dallas Cowboys are preparing to trade LB Bobby Carpenter to the St. Louis Rams for OT Alex Barron. It's not official yet, but it's going that way.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php#196796

Biggems
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM
It seems the Rams are looking at probably releasing S Atogwe.....I wouldnt mind this trade

Dallas trades - LB Bobby Carpenter, WR Patrick Crayton

St. Louis trades - OT Alex Barron, S Atogwe

Dallas gets OL depth and a quality S which they desperately need.

The Rams get a quality 2 players who are quality on special teams. Crayton can be that possession WR to compliment Avery. If the Rams run a 4-3, Carpenter can move back to his natural position and probably do a lot better than he has done in Dallas.

IronMexican
05-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Carpenter and quality in the same sentence don't belong. ANY cowboy fan from this site will tell you.

badfish22
05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
trading a scrub player in a stacked position for a scrub player in a weak position. Good trade imho :tu

And I do think barbie will play a bit better in the 4-3.

Whisky Dog
05-07-2010, 12:25 PM
It seems the Rams are looking at probably releasing S Atogwe.....I wouldnt mind this trade

Dallas trades - LB Bobby Carpenter, WR Patrick Crayton

St. Louis trades - OT Alex Barron, S Atogwe

Dallas gets OL depth and a quality S which they desperately need.

The Rams get a quality 2 players who are quality on special teams. Crayton can be that possession WR to compliment Avery. If the Rams run a 4-3, Carpenter can move back to his natural position and probably do a lot better than he has done in Dallas.

If they're going to release him, and the Cowboys want him, then why would they give up Crayton? Just trade Barbie for the tackle and wait for that safety to be released then sign him. Unless Crayton is gonna be a big ass baby about it I'm all for releasing or trading Hurd for a 6th rounder or so and rolling into the season with Austin, Dez, Roy W, Crayton, and Ogletree as the 5 deep at WR

slick'81
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM
dont know much about barron other than he seems mistake prone and gives up tons of sacks but he has experience starting and can play either tackle spot so fuck it cya barbie carpenter

leemajors
05-10-2010, 08:02 AM
He also had more false starts than Flozell recently. From the dallascowboys.com blog:

Alex Barron has had 34 false-start penalties in 64 regular-season games during the last four seasons with St. Louis. In the same span, Adams had 29 false-start penalties in the same number of regular-season games.

Spursfan092120
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Highway robbery by the Cowboys if they pull this trade off.

The only drawback is that nobody on the defense will be able to wave their arms and pump up the crowd like Barbie could. Then again, 95% of the crowd at Cowboys stadium isn't interested in rooting for the Cowboys, they're at the stadium to mingle with other richers and watch the big ass TV.
God...you're an idiot. We just got rid of Flozell Adams because of penalties..Bobby Carpenter wasn't bad, he just didn't fit into the Cowboys system well, and we just traded him for the only guy who got more penalties in the NFC than Flo last year...but yeah..highway robbery...he'll be Free's backup...it's an even trade.

Spursfan092120
05-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Are you kidding me, Nickelback fan? Flozell was cut purely for financial reasons. As undisciplined as he was, Dallas was going to be in the shit if they couldn't find someone to replace him.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

what a fucking homer.
Homer? No, poser..I'm not a homer..I'm glad we got rid of Carpenter..he didn't work in our system, but to say it was highway robbery to pick up Barron for him is complete ignorance. Barron isn't going to do any better or get any more time than Carpenter did. He'll either be Free's backup, or be a roving Tackle. And thank you for proving my point, loser...Flozell IS undisciplined..but the only person more undisciplined than him last year in the league was Barron..so yeah, let's pick his ass up...makes a lot of sense.

to21
05-11-2010, 07:37 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:lol

Carpenter is/was shit, Crayton, in a different system as a no. 2 receiver, (maybe) could do better. I'm not seeing it tho'.

to21
05-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Unloading Carpenter to make room for Lee was a must. That kid has a lot of potential, then again, they said that about that disgrace to wear the no. 54.

Dr. Gonzo
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Homer? No, poser..I'm not a homer.

:lmao

SpuronyourFace
05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
^ Correct. It was clearly a financial move.

It was a good trade. Barron was traded for depth anyway, not to be a starter.

Carpenter was and and always will be trash. Maybe he'll do better in a 4-3, I highly doubt it.....Lee should definetly be an improvement in 3rd down situations. Excited to see this kid play.

Carpenter and quality in the same sentence don't belong. ANY cowboy fan from this site will tell you.

Word.

jack sommerset
05-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I hate Carpenter. Glad that fag is out of Texas.

Spursfan092120
05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
:lmao
says the guy who said Houston would be better than Dallas last year..

LOL texans
05-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Its funny when a team is so bad, that they have to trade for Bobby Carpenter to fill a need.

J.T.
05-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Homer? No, poser..I'm not a homer

Get the fuck out

Spursfan092120
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Get the fuck out
Not sure you guys really know what the word homer means. I'm not one of those guys that goes into the season saying my team is the best is going to win the title..that's a fucking homer. Am I excited when my team wins? Fuck yeah...and I'm optimistic because I'm a positive person...do I think my team's going to win every year? No..that's ridiculous.

Blake
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Not sure you guys really know what the word homer means. I'm not one of those guys that goes into the season saying my team is the best is going to win the title..that's a fucking homer. Am I excited when my team wins? Fuck yeah...and I'm optimistic because I'm a positive person...do I think my team's going to win every year? No..that's ridiculous.

you're one of the biggest homers on this entire board

Spursfan092120
05-13-2010, 09:15 PM
you're one of the biggest homers on this entire board
sure I am, douchey.. :toast

Dr. Gonzo
05-13-2010, 10:29 PM

Seriously bro, tbh you are.

LOL texans
05-13-2010, 11:40 PM

I like you 90210, you keep it interesting here to say the least, but any Cowboy fan that defends the atrocious play of Bobby Fucking Carpenter IS a homer. While most Cowboys fans are happy to rid of him, you defend him? I mean you actually said he wasn't that bad???? WTF is wrong with you?

I bet when the new Madden comes out, you'll trade to get Carpenter back won't you?

Spursfan092120
05-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I like you 90210, you keep it interesting here to say the least, but any Cowboy fan that defends the atrocious play of Bobby Fucking Carpenter IS a homer. While most Cowboys fans are happy to rid of him, you defend him? I mean you actually said he wasn't that bad???? WTF is wrong with you?

I bet when the new Madden comes out, you'll trade to get Carpenter back won't you?
hmm..not sure where I defended his play...I said he's not that bad, but this system doesn't work for him. But don't get me wrong..I'm glad he's gone. Definitely glad. I just said we didn't get a steal by getting Barron for Carpenter, when Barron had more penalties than Flozell...Don't get it twisted though..I'm VERY glad he's not in Dallas...just don't think he's absolutely horrible. Truth be told, if I was a Cowboys homer, I'm be going on and on about how great of a decision this was, and how Jerry and the Cowboys are Gods, and never make mistakes. I'm glad Bobby's out...but Barron isn't going to give us much more than he did.

Blake
05-14-2010, 06:44 PM

you sure are, dipshit.. :toast

How can you say Tommie Frazier had a better college career than Colt McCoy has? In what insane way can you back that up?

Dude..seriously..that was not about McCoy...His line couldn't handle Nebraska's front line, and Pelini knew that, so he dropped 7 DBs in the game...it's that simple..no QB could have played well in that situation.

I could go on....

I'm sure you will.

scottspurs
05-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I'll take a trash lineman over a trash linebacker any day. Good trade for the boys.

Spursfan092120
05-14-2010, 08:05 PM
you sure are, dipshit.. :toast

I could go on....

I'm sure you will.
First off, stat for stat, Colt's college career was better than Frazier...period. Second off, if you think that loss to Nebraska was all on McCoy, you're a bigger idiot than you make yourself out to be.

djohn14
05-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Big Rams fan (Unfortunate, I know) but I watched every game last year and I think its a good trade for both teams. With the last two drafts the Rams now have their tackles set in Roger Saffold and Jason Smith, however they are very thin at linebacker. Now on to Barron...he just kind of isnt needed in St. louis anymore. Now yes, Barron led the world in penalties for a few years now, but if he is able to get past his mental retardation he will be a very very good player. He is very very quick and athletic, and I remember a few years back when he was first coming into the league he dominated Strahan and Osi. He is a very impressive young player, and I really feel a change a scenery will do both players well.

Spursfan092120
05-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Big Rams fan (Unfortunate, I know) but I watched every game last year and I think its a good trade for both teams. With the last two drafts the Rams now have their tackles set in Roger Saffold and Jason Smith, however they are very thin at linebacker. Now on to Barron...he just kind of isnt needed in St. louis anymore. Now yes, Barron led the world in penalties for a few years now, but if he is able to get past his mental retardation he will be a very very good player. He is very very quick and athletic, and I remember a few years back when he was first coming into the league he dominated Strahan and Osi. He is a very impressive young player, and I really feel a change a scenery will do both players well.
I watched the Rams play about 5 years ago in St. Louis against Philadelphia when I was visiting my ex wife's dad. Great game, although St. Louis lost by 1. Gained a lot of respect for the atmosphere...saw Stephen Jackson running like crazy...ever since then, they've been the team I cheer for after Dallas. Although Dallas is and always will be my team, I'm hoping Bradford starts to help this team turn the corner. We'll have to see. Thanks for the info on Barron.

BUMP
05-14-2010, 09:56 PM
hmm..not sure where I defended his play...I said he's not that bad, but this system doesn't work for him. But don't get me wrong..I'm glad he's gone. Definitely glad. I just said we didn't get a steal by getting Barron for Carpenter, when Barron had more penalties than Flozell...Don't get it twisted though..I'm VERY glad he's not in Dallas...just don't think he's absolutely horrible. Truth be told, if I was a Cowboys homer, I'm be going on and on about how great of a decision this was, and how Jerry and the Cowboys are Gods, and never make mistakes. I'm glad Bobby's out...but Barron isn't going to give us much more than he did.

Agreed. Although Carpenter is definitely a bust, he's not HORIBBLE, although clearly not good enough to crack a spot in our system.

I don't really consider him to be anything considering we never got to see him do anything

Spursfan092120
05-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Agreed. Although Carpenter is definitely a bust, he's not HORIBBLE, although clearly not good enough to crack a spot in our system.

I don't really consider him to be anything considering we never got to see him do anything
Exactly...agreed 100% He's a bust in every sense of the word, but he could crack a starting LB spot in St. Louis, and Barron will most likely be a backup here..at least for most of the season

Whisky Dog
05-15-2010, 10:03 AM
First off, stat for stat, Colt's college career was better than Frazier...period. Second off, if you think that loss to Nebraska was all on McCoy, you're a bigger idiot than you make yourself out to be.

They beat Nebraska. The loss to Bama in the NC game, however, was directly due to McCoy.

Whisky Dog
05-15-2010, 10:10 AM
This trade isn't blockbuster, but it makes sense. St L is so thin there that Carpenter's experience, although limited, should make him a contender for a good backup spot and possibly starting if he gets his head out of his ass. Same for Barron, although I really see him as the swing tackle that will allow the Cowboys to basically keep the starters including Free along with Brewster, Proctor, Barron, and possibly one more to backup center.

Blake
05-15-2010, 12:23 PM

third off, you're a nuthugging homer

Spursfan092120
05-15-2010, 08:10 PM
third off, you're a nuthugging homer
hmm..no answer so you go to insults...just like you, Blake.:toast

Spursfan092120
05-15-2010, 08:12 PM
They beat Nebraska. The loss to Bama in the NC game, however, was directly due to McCoy.
Yeah..I don't know why I said Nebraska...I meant Bama..and he was on the sidelines...wasn't his fault. He couldn't feel his arm. Garrett did a better job than he would have.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 11:58 PM
It's his fault that he was on the sidelines. Doesn't matter Garrett Gilbert will be better than he ever was.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
It's his fault that he was on the sidelines. Doesn't matter Garrett Gilbert will be better than he ever was.
When your arm is completely numb, you can't throw the ball accurately..period. And you do know he has the most wins in NCAA history and the record for best completion percentage in NCAA history as well, right? Saying that a sophmore who's played one full game is going to be better than Colt ever was is a little much at this point. Let the kid play a full season before we crown him.

Whisky Dog
05-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah..I don't know why I said Nebraska...I meant Bama..and he was on the sidelines...wasn't his fault. He couldn't feel his arm. Garrett did a better job than he would have.

I'm not saying it was his fault, just him not being out there was the major factor in the loss, so it was due to him. Injuries happen.

As far as his career, he was a low level prospect out of tiny Tuscola, Texas 2A ball that I laughed at his recruitment because he was such a long shot and undersized. The fact that he accomplished what he did was an amazing story, especially with that shit line he has this last year.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm not saying it was his fault, just him not being out there was the major factor in the loss, so it was due to him. Injuries happen.

As far as his career, he was a low level prospect out of tiny Tuscola, Texas 2A ball that I laughed at his recruitment because he was such a long shot and undersized. The fact that he accomplished what he did was an amazing story, especially with that shit line he has this last year.
True assessment. I see what you mean. Garrett did have a great game, though. He will have a successful career with the Horns, I think.

Greg Oden
05-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Only a homer of the highest order would say McCoy was better than Frazier. It just so happens this assclown meets that description.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 08:42 AM
When your arm is completely numb, you can't throw the ball accurately..period. And you do know he has the most wins in NCAA history and the record for best completion percentage in NCAA history as well, right? Saying that a sophmore who's played one full game is going to be better than Colt ever was is a little much at this point. Let the kid play a full season before we crown him.

Colt being a 4 year starter had more to do with the most wins in NCAA history, to try to equate him to Frazier or other college QB greats is ridiculous, he never even won a Heisman or a championship. `

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Also, the highest completion % thing is neat and all but he played in a fuckin spread offense. Lets see his completion % in a prostyle offense.

leemajors
05-17-2010, 09:31 AM
i think colt said he could throw the ball fine, and did with his dad in the locker room, he was just worried about not being able to feel his arm. it's ok, he wussed out.

Blake
05-17-2010, 02:14 PM
hmm..no answer so you go to insults...just like you, Blake.:toast

I've already previously pwnanswered you on this, and hell, others are doing the pwning this time.

I'm just telling it like it is. If there was a Hall of Fame for nuthuggers, you'd at least have your own wing. They might even name the place after you.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-17-2010, 04:21 PM
First off, stat for stat, Colt's college career was better than Frazier...period.

Yeah, and the dude with B2B NCs and three consecutive title game MVPs says stats don't matter.

Frazier made his name in the biggest games of his career, even with a damn blood clot in his leg. Colt sat out in the biggest game of his career because his arm was numb.

Frazier>>>>>>Colt

You were wrong last year and you're still wrong.

Blake
05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah, and the dude with B2B NCs and three consecutive title game MVPs says stats don't matter.

badass: being the MVP in a game that your team ended up losing in.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Dude was a stud and I did get the pleasure of watching that '95 Husker team in person.

They were the best team I've ever seen.

Blake
05-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Dude was a stud and I did get the pleasure of watching that '95 Husker team in person.

They were the best team I've ever seen.

yeah, a lot of people call the 95 team the best ever.

I saw Frazier and Nebraska crush Tech in person in 94......honestly, there might have been more Husker fans than Raider fans........and they were all wearing those stupid cornhead helmets.

DesignatedT
05-19-2010, 09:31 PM
1 bust for another bust. carpenter sucked though.

sananspursfan21
05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Alex Barron sucks. glad this trade went down. (rams fan)