PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd: Source said Lebron is bolting if cavs lose to celtcis or magic

Darthkiller
05-06-2010, 02:55 PM
go listen to the Thundering Herd on espn, it's the first topic. he said a 20 year nba source told him that lebron is bolting if they lose , he is hyping up his elbow as an excuse so he can say " i was hurt and my teammates cant step up" and then bolt.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/index

tlongII
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
That's believable.

Ghazi
05-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Mavs are tailor made for Lebron.

He gets the sidekick he's never had in Dirk. Dirk gets a player to lead him to the title. Lebron is buddies with Kidd...Dallas is a big market. :smokin

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Anybody who thinks LeBron is trying to tank needs to have their head examined.

EricB
05-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Believeable. Lebron seems more and more snakey enough to do it.

Who he goes to is anyone's guess...

coyotes_geek
05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
He'll be a knick. Book it.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
seriously?

this is retarded even for the people on this site.

LeBron is not purposely losing as some excuse to bolt. He doesn't need an excuse to go anywhere. He's LeBron fucking James.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I don't think the elbow is going to be used as an excuse. From what you hear from James, its almost as if he's giving cues that he's going to leave. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Anyways, LeBron not playing well is proof that his teammates aren't good enough? That's his plan? To show that a team can't win a title without their best player? Well no shit! Really? You mean to tell me that a team without their superstar isn't good enough to win a championship? HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT AN UNUSUAL CONCEPT!

What LeBron needs to worry about is the day that his team can win a championship without him. That's far worse than his teammates not being good enough when he's hurt.

This story is bullshit.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 03:23 PM
It is Cowherd who said John Lackey would have a better year than Roy Halladay...

Man About Town
05-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I'd be happy to help Mark Cuban out and show LeBron around town when he comes to visit in July.

As far as strip clubs go, I'd definitely take him to the Spearmint Rhino and the Cabaret Royale. I'd make arrangements with the owners to make sure that The King gets his dick sucked by one of the girls while he's on the premises.

As for food, I'm not sure what kind of grub LeBron is into, but be it barbecue, Mexican or soul food, we've got Bron Bron covered. If he wants a burger, I'll take him to Wingfield's in far South Oak Cliff, or perhaps Twisted Root in Deep Ellum. For barbecue, he'll have to go over to Ft. Worth for either Railhead or Angelo's. There is no good barbecue in Dallas. If I know Bron like I think I know him, he'll sure enjoy the fried chicken, waffles and watermelon at South Dallas Cafe.

As for nightlife, LeBron strikes me as your typical brother, so I'd arrange for a private table at Plush or 1920 Elm. Everytime I drive past 1920 Elm on a Friday or Saturday night, the line to get in snakes around the block and the ethnic breakdown is 100% African-American. I don't know what goes on in there, but I'm guessing LeBron would fit right in and enjoy himself.

Andrew Bynum
05-06-2010, 03:24 PM
It is Cowherd who said John Lackey would have a better year than Roy Halladay...

Please tell me he didn't actually say that.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 03:24 PM
It is Cowherd

That's really all you had to say.

who said John Lackey would have a better year than Roy Halladay...

:lol but that's pretty good too.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Please tell me he didn't actually say that.

I heard him before the season on the radio say something along these lines. I don't know if he was joking or being sarcastic, but he did say it.

Cane
05-06-2010, 03:26 PM
The Cavs have a pretty shitty future compared to a lot of teams in the East. The Bulls have a better core of young players in Rose and Noah. Then there are teams with a ton of capspace that can sign talent worth playing alongside Lebron James and offer a better city to live in.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I'd be happy to help Mark Cuban out and show LeBron around town when he comes to visit in July.

As far as strip clubs go, I'd definitely take him to the Spearmint Rhino and the Cabaret Royale. I'd make arrangements with the owners to make sure that The King gets his dick sucked by one of the girls while he's on the premises.

As for food, I'm not sure what kind of grub LeBron is into, but be it barbecue, Mexican or soul food, we've got Bron Bron covered. If he wants a burger, I'll take him to Wingfield's in far South Oak Cliff, or perhaps Twisted Root in Deep Ellum. For barbecue, he'll have to go over to Ft. Worth for either Railhead or Angelo's. There is no good barbecue in Dallas. If I know Bron like I think I know him, he'll sure enjoy the fried chicken, waffles and watermelon at South Dallas Cafe.

As for nightlife, LeBron strikes me as your typical brother, so I'd arrange for a private table at Plush or 1920 Elm. Everytime I drive past 1920 Elm on a Friday or Saturday night, the line to get in snakes around the block and the ethnic breakdown is 100% African-American. I don't know what goes on in there, but I'm guessing LeBron would fit right in and enjoy himself.

sup Findog

dirk4mvp
05-06-2010, 03:37 PM
lol Cowherd. Luckily Rome comes on right after to make up for the shittiness beforehand. And luckily Michelle Beadle co hosts Sportsnation with him.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
lol Cowherd. Luckily Rome comes on right after to make up for the shittiness beforehand. And luckily Michelle Beadle co hosts Sportsnation with him.

Michelle Beadle is the only saving grace on that show. She makes it somewhat tolerable.

LnGrrrR
05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
that's believable.

+1

crc21209
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
michelle beadle is the only saving grace on that show. She makes it somewhat tolerable.

+1.

da_suns_fan
05-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Where would he go? The only place that would make sense would be Chicago.

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 04:10 PM
:lol

Lebron cares about his image moreso than any other NBA Superstar right now, what makes you guys think he's purposely trying to tank?This is not Kobe who has been known to throw games (Lakers-Sacramento & Lakers-Phoenix 2007). His legacy will take a huge hit injured elbow or not if the Cavs dont at least reach the Finals. He know's whats at stake. He's not going to give his best player status without a fight.

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Where would he go? The only place that would make sense would be Chicago.
Only if Noah is traded in the process. Im starting to believe that he may end up in New York afterall. He'll probably recruit another player to play with him. Im guessing Bosh. They probably will pull Joe Johnson away from Atlanta too.

TheMACHINE
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
lol if Lebron loses in the semi's with HCA, Shaq, Mo Williams and Jamison. WHAT A FAILURE.(if it indeed happens)

phxspurfan
05-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Mavs are tailor made for Lebron.

He gets the sidekick he's never had in Dirk. Dirk gets a player to lead him to the title. Lebron is buddies with Kidd...Dallas is a big market. :smokin

I'd like to see LeBroom in Dallas so the Spurs can beat both the Best Player in the World and Best Team in the World at the same time.

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 04:18 PM
lol if Lebron loses in the semi's with HCA, Shaq, Mo Williams and Jamison. WHAT A FAILURE.(if it indeed happens)
If Lebron is really injured, then ill give him a pass. No NBA team has won a championship with their best player injured.

The Gemini Method
05-06-2010, 04:23 PM
I wonder what Vegas is giving on this situation...What would be the odds of LeBron leaving?

Mavs_man_41
05-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Lebron to big D

lil_penny
05-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Ok paul allen, throw him some crazy ass amount of money to come here lol

scampers
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I put LeBron in New York on 2K10. He looks good in a Knick uniform.

In all seriousness, though, I guess I could care less where he goes. Wherever he does go, whether it's New York, Dallas, or Cleveland.. he's going to win a title with that team--if he doesn't already win one this year.

2Cleva
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I just listened to the podcast. He also mentions LeBron has been talking to Wade.

That would explain Riley talking about coming back to coaching....

djohn2oo8
05-06-2010, 05:41 PM
He aint goin anywhere

spursfaninla
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
dallasfan masturbating about Lebron going there makes no sense. Why would Cleveland let you rape them? They are better off not giving lebron the leverage. They say, go to the VERY few teams that could offer you a good contract and win (bulls, maybe miami), go to a loser like the KNicks, or get a crappy contract and go to dallas if they have the mle or something.

Cleveland is much better off doing that than lying down and getting scraps from dallas in a sign and trade, unless dallas gives up good players. And if dallas is doing that, then plenty of teams would start bidding and it is anyone's game where Lebron lands.

stupid dallas fans.

TheManFromAcme
05-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Lebron is a "East" guy. Doubt he comes out west. Stern salivates about the HUGE market that is New Yotk

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Lakers in 80. I know you just start watching basketball so I'll give you a pass.
Lakers were already up 3-2 when KAJ went down. Now if you believe that without KAJ the Lakers would still beat the 76ers in 6 games, then :lol

TheManFromAcme
05-06-2010, 08:04 PM
If Lebron is really injured, then ill give him a pass. No NBA team has won a championship with their best player injured.

See finals 1980. Captain Kareem Abdul Jabbar (The best player on that Laker squad, not the rookie Magic) severly sprains ankle.

Magic ties his cojones and pulls off one of the best finals performances in

NBA finals history.....all without their best player.

It has been done.

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 08:06 PM
See post above yours buddy...

TheManFromAcme
05-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Lakers were already up 3-2 when KAJ went down. Now if you believe that without KAJ the Lakers would still beat the 76ers in 6 games, then :lol

:rolleyes

Magic played 3 positions that game and Cunningham had no answer for him. Very safe to assume that they would have not had an answer for him regardless of which game it was.

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 08:18 PM
:rolleyes

Magic played 3 positions that game and Cunningham had no answer for him. Very safe to assume that they would have not had an answer for him regardless of which game it was.
It was 1 maginificent game from Johnson. You's be stupid to believe he would actually average 42 pts 15 rebs and 7 assists in that series. He was a rookie that got hot at the right time. 1 game.

Tell me with a straight face. Would the Lakers beat the 76ers in the beginning without KAJ who aevraged 32 pts 12 rebs in the playoffs. You cant. Stop arguing for the sake of argument.

HarlemHeat37
05-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Lebron should come to NY either way..it's good for all parties involved..making the Knicks relevant again would be great for the league IMO..

TheManFromAcme
05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
It was 1 maginificent game from Johnson. You's be stupid to believe he would actually average 42 pts 15 rebs and 7 assists in that series. He was a rookie that got hot at the right time. 1 game.

Tell me with a straight face. Would the Lakers beat the 76ers in the beginning without KAJ who aevraged 32 pts 12 rebs in the playoffs. You cant. Stop arguing for the sake of argument.

I guess we'll never know Chris.That was too much offense from KAJ to not have during that series so your point is made. That I can't argue.
At least you gave Magic his due Kudo's and for that a :toast is in order.

ChrisRichards
05-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I guess we'll never know Chris.That was too much offense from KAJ to not have during that series so your point is made. That I can't argue.
At least you gave Magic his due Kudo's and for that a :toast is in order.
God bless you son.

ducks
05-06-2010, 11:55 PM
james is not hurt

ducks
05-06-2010, 11:58 PM
I put LeBron in New York on 2K10. He looks good in a Knick uniform.

In all seriousness, though, I guess I could care less where he goes. Wherever he does go, whether it's New York, Dallas, or Cleveland.. he's going to win a title with that team--if he doesn't already win one this year.

yeah since he has won how many titles?
and he has had plenty of help especially this year
he took them to the finals already with LESS TALENT
ofcourse to get his sorry ass swepted in finals

Fabbs
05-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Brooklyn Nets.
New rich Russian owner.
Brook Lopez already approaching 20/10 (18.8/8.7) only 22 yrs old.
Devon Harris is a serviceable point guard.
Lottery pick, most likely top 5, perhaps top 3, choice will be key.
Late benchers 11 12 13 are serviceable, CDR and Yi Ji if they can stay healthy.
Got to get Bosh or Wade to come over. Preferably Bosh.
Boom, you're set. NYC market.

Got to be some vet NBA free agents willing to join Lebron in NYC. Shoot, even Yaowser Ming?? Marketing power of NYC and the China draw, which Lebron already has but Yaowser is the gawdfather of Chinese NBA hoop.

SenorSpur
05-07-2010, 01:54 AM
LeBron aint going anywhere. This guy is as aware as anyone of the sad saga that has been the Cleveland sports scene. He lives there. He's earned his living there and has friends and family there. He is thorougly entrenched in the Cleveland community. As desparate as he wants to be adored, do you really think he's going risk hurting his legacy by bolting with a job undone? I say no. I believe his legacy is important to him - especially in THAT town. That's why I will never believe he will leave.

Besides, Cleveland can offer him more $$$ than any other NBA team. It's not as if he's going to leave money on the table to bolt Cleveland.

Sisk
05-07-2010, 02:26 AM
seriously?

LeBron is not purposely losing as some excuse to bolt. He doesn't need an excuse to go anywhere. He's LeBron fucking James.

He's LeBron James, you're right.. your point? If they lose he has an excuse for himself and he can say he tried to win in Cleveland and he doesn't piss off as many people.

It's possible, I doubt it, but it is possible

wijayas
05-07-2010, 03:49 AM
seriously?

Yep. Remember that Lebron is the Chosen One.... and "We are all witnesses".... :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow

jonnybravo
05-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Only if Noah is traded in the process. Im starting to believe that he may end up in New York afterall. He'll probably recruit another player to play with him. Im guessing Bosh. They probably will pull Joe Johnson away from Atlanta too.

It'd be interesting. He has no idea what it'd feel like to be in the firing lines of the media though.

this would be intersting.

BRHornet45
05-07-2010, 04:44 AM
it ain't trickin if you got it

rayjayjohnson
05-07-2010, 05:23 AM
he's going to the bulls if the cavs lose. take it to the bank.

rayjayjohnson
05-07-2010, 05:35 AM
he needs to say 'don't shoot the messenger' more imo

Fabbs
05-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Besides, Cleveland can offer him more $$$ than any other NBA team. It's not as if he's going to leave money on the table to bolt Cleveland.
More from marketing endorsements playing for NYKnicks or Brooklyn Nets.
Superstars make far more off endorsements then salary anyways.

bostonguy
05-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Bron stays with the Cavs. I just can't see him bolting the Cavs. Hell I still don't see anyone beating the Cavs 4 times this year alone. Boston is just giving them a fight. I doubt they keep this type of play up. Orlando is a good team but they want nothing to do with the Cavs especially since they won't have home court.

rayjayjohnson
05-07-2010, 05:48 PM
exactly!:toast

Salary means shit, compared to the endorsments he can get especially making the Knicks into Contenders again.

but if he's leaving the cavs due to a lack of other elite players, is he really going to want to turn a shithouse franchise into a contender? doesn't make sense to me...

The Gemini Method
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Bron stays with the Cavs. I just can't see him bolting the Cavs. Hell I still don't see anyone beating the Cavs 4 times this year alone. Boston is just giving them a fight. I doubt they keep this type of play up. Orlando is a good team but they want nothing to do with the Cavs especially since they won't have home court.

They didn't have home court last year and they did alright. I don't know if there is a hotter team in the playoffs than the Magic and with LeBron not being 100% and Mo Williams being, well, Mo Williams it isn't as clear cut as it were going into the playoffs.

DPG21920
05-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't get why it's snaky to leave if you are a free agent. That is just being bitter.

The Gemini Method
05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't get why it's snaky to leave if you are a free agent. That is just being bitter.

As much as we like to think our sports "icons" are loyal to team, fans, and cities--most people conveniently forget this is a business and why not capitalize on your highest earning potential when you can? I'm sure if I was in the NBA, I would look to get what I can.

mavsfan1000
05-07-2010, 05:58 PM
We all know where Lebron wants to go. The Fakers

The Gemini Method
05-07-2010, 06:00 PM
We all know where Lebron wants to go. The Fakers

While that would be a nice dream--I don't think that'll ever happen. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he did someday end up in L.A. (it would be funny, though, it would be with the Clippers).

BRHornet45
05-07-2010, 06:03 PM
exactly!:toast

Salary means shit, compared to the endorsments he can get especially making the Knicks into Contenders again.

co-signed ... son there will never be a King in Cleveland .... NYC though? hmm

Budkin
05-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't put anything past him after the shameful stunt he pulled after losing to the Magic last year. Pathetic.

Thunder Dan
05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
cool so I'm rooting for either the Cavs or the Hawks. If the Cavs win this series, and the Hawks come back and win theirs, Lebron stays. Good thing Cowherd broke this so I can finally get my rooting interests in line.

Pelicans78
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I think Lebron will leave regardless, more likely if the Cavs win it all. Lebron wants to go to New York. A championship will make it easier for him to leave.

JoeTait75
05-08-2010, 11:35 AM
LeBron is staying. None of the reasons given for him to leave make any sense from a basketball standpoint.

Endorsements? He needs Championships.

Leave after winning a Championship? Think about the notion that a superstar player would willingly leave an opportunity for a dynasty on the table and go to a shit team for less money and explain how that makes sense.

He could have left in 2006 and done so with more justification than now.

The LeBron-to-New York/New Jersey train left the station long ago. Accept it.

Thunder Dan
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I think Lebron will leave regardless, more likely if the Cavs win it all. Lebron wants to go to New York. A championship will make it easier for him to leave.

that makes alot of sense. Alot of players leave after they win a championship. Defending it is overrated, compared to going to rebuild somewhere else.

Pelicans78
05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Cleveland won't have the same team next season. Shaq will be gone. Jamison will be a year older. Other guys are just role players.

Lebron definitely wants to win a championship, but I also think he wants to build this big global empire too. That's just as important to him as winning a championship. I don't really think he's chasing Jordan on the court. He other goals in mind too.

JoeTait75
05-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Lebron definitely wants to win a championship, but I also think he wants to build this big global empire too.

They aren't mutually exclusive. He has to do one to do the other.

Pelicans78
05-08-2010, 02:17 PM
They aren't mutually exclusive. He has to do one to do the other.

I agree. He needs to win at least one championship. If he does it this year, then it might be enough for him to leave.

JoeTait75
05-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree. He needs to win at least one championship. If he does it this year, then it might be enough for him to leave.

Just think about what you're saying. A player wins a title at 25 and with an opportunity to go back-to-back, to start a dynasty, to win multiple titles with the same team a la Bird, Magic, Michael, Isiah... voluntarily leaves and takes less money with a team hasn't made the postseason in years? Basically starts again at 2003 when he came to a 17-win Cleveland team?

It doesn't make any sense on any level.

You're also assuming that LeBron dislikes living here and playing here. He does not.

Pelicans78
05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Just think about what you're saying. A player wins a title at 25 and with an opportunity to go back-to-back, to start a dynasty, to win multiple titles with the same team a la Bird, Magic, Michael, Isiah... voluntarily leaves and takes less money with a team hasn't made the postseason in years? Basically starts again at 2003 when he came to a 17-win Cleveland team?

It doesn't make any sense on any level.

You're also assuming that LeBron dislikes living here and playing here. He does not.

Cleveland's not built for a dynasty. You usually need to have two All-stars or hall of famers and he doesn't have that. Jamison is getting older, Shaq will be gone, and everyone else seems to be role players overall.

Again, I think Lebron is different. I could be wrong. But if he really wanted to stay, he would have signed an extension by now.

Thunder Dan
05-08-2010, 04:27 PM
as long as they have Lebron and an owner that spends the money, they are built for a dynasty

DPG21920
05-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Also, people talking about Lebron moving to max out his endorsements are way off. The dude is maxed out already. He will be maxed out no matter where he lives. Just like Tiger.

bostonguy
05-08-2010, 05:23 PM
as long as they have Lebron and an owner that spends the money, they are built for a dynasty

With what cap money after they resign Lebron? Shaq will be gone after this year. Z could be gone as well. They don't have many expiring deals other than Delonte West. Jamison will be 34 years old. They don't have very many trade assets to acquire that #2 long term sidekick for Lebron.