PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili holds the key if Spurs are to rebound vs. Suns

SinBAD
05-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Manu Ginobili scored 27 in the series opener. He followed that up with 11 assists in Game 2.
"So far we lost both games," he said, "the game I scored and the game I dished. Offense wasn't the problem."
The Spurs trail the Western Conference semifinals 2-0, a rare deficit during the 13-year run of playoff basketball under Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan. The Suns, a foe seven times during that span, hold such a lead for the first time.
Ginobili is candid about the deficit and the Herculean undertaking awaiting the Spurs in San Antonio. Whereas the Spurs put all their energy into getting the sixth game at home to close out Dallas in the first round, Friday and Sunday at the AT&T Center might as well be rolled into one.
"Both are must-wins," Ginobili said. "How many teams come back from 3-0?"
About as many teams that have figured out how to slow Ginobili. The Suns aren't taking credit for that, either. Phoenix claimed it didn't do much different against El Contusion in Game 2. Popovich, Alvin Gentry, Grant Hill and anyone else surveyed agreed. Ginobili simply took what Phoenix gave, and Wednesday night those were openings to teammates.

Read more at:
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/05/06/suns.spurs.advance/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

MmP
05-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Manu's game is key always, but I think Spurs problems (yes people, we're in trouble, we're 2-0 against a team that would looove to get revenge) remains in many other areas, primarly defensive. But Im no coach.

DesignatedT
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
attack the rim manu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcjg983
05-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Here's the thing about Manu being key for the Spurs to win. It's not that he needs to score 30 points a game. It's about when he hits his shots. If he were to score 15 points but 10 of them come in the fourth, that would be a bigger dagger to the suns. It just seems that if its Manu making that clutch shot, that it really sucks the life out of our opponents. More so then if Hill or Jefforson were to hit that same shot. Manu has a way of taking whatever confidence they have, away. Even though he scored 27 in game one, none of them seemed to be daggers. Like his transition threes. When he hits one of those, it really gets things going

kuato
05-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Here's the thing about Manu being key for the Spurs to win. It's not that he needs to score 30 points a game. It's about when he hits his shots. If he were to score 15 points but 10 of them come in the fourth, that would be a bigger dagger to the suns. It just seems that if its Manu making that clutch shot, that it really sucks the life out of our opponents. More so then if Hill or Jefforson were to hit that same shot. Manu has a way of taking whatever confidence they have, away. Even though he scored 27 in game one, none of them seemed to be daggers. Like his transition threes. When he hits one of those, it really gets things going

This is a mix between his nose messing his 3 pt shoot and the lack of consistent scorers on the bench, Manu can pass the ball but the other 3 pt shooters sucks bad (Bonner, Mason JR).

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2010, 03:28 AM
fuck this

the key is parker

Ignignokt
05-07-2010, 03:32 AM
fuck this

the key is parker

what is the equation in bloades?

Slippy
05-07-2010, 04:30 AM
I was been blitzed or hard-hedged the whole game and that's the way I'm told to play -- find the open teammate," he said. "We've got good shooters and I think I did that pretty well. Of course I didn't shoot the ball well, but six, seven, eight shots. They played good 'D.' They were aggressive

So as pointed out by others , Manu was just doing what he was told. I'd like to see him play more selfish because 2 shots in the second half not enough to make a scoring impact.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2010, 04:38 AM
key to game is keep on attacking to rim

the more we try and compete in a shooting contest with jumpshots, we fail

Slippy
05-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Manu is being kind saying we have good shooters. He and Tony have to take on more responsibility and workload. Big part of that will come from attacking the basket and just playing aggressive. A must win game is good enough reason.

Bukefal
05-07-2010, 05:00 AM
They all need to step up, they didnt play too bad last time, they just need to step up and play with some motivation, we really need this win. And Parker should start.

I think they will. Go spurs

milkyway21
05-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Ginobili holds the key if Spurs are to rebound vs. Suns

...and the Spurs need to REBOUND to rebound vs the Suns...

milkyway21
05-07-2010, 05:24 AM
good luck san antonio!!!!
Win !!! Make it happen

TJastal
05-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Since we're not getting a damn thing offensively from Boner I would like to see Mahinmi get a little burn in that 2nd unit and see if he can help keep the suns off the O-boards which IMO is what has killed the spurs so far.

Martin R
05-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Spurs will win the next 2. I know it will happen.
The crucial game will be number 5. Whoever takes it, will win the series.
..and Spurs will have the momentum coming out of 2 wins,

M

DBMethos
05-07-2010, 06:39 AM

This. All things considered in game 2, we played well enough to beat them. Except for the 80 million offensive rebounds we gave up to the likes of Dudley and Amundson.

flacura
05-07-2010, 07:18 AM
yap, everybody knows that Manu is the man, always is, he is a superstar. Even more, Manu will be the man tonite, prepare yourself

sa_butta
05-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I agree, its kind of a double edged sword though...They dont get alot of offensive rebounds because they are worried about getting back on transition d. And since we are not really RUNNING TEAM the Suns attack the offensive glass and get 2nd chance points.

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I agree, its kind of a double edged sword though...They dont get alot of offensive rebounds because they are worried about getting back on transition d. And since we are not really RUNNING TEAM the Suns attack the offensive glass and get 2nd chance points.

The Suns attacking the offensive glass is a relatively new thing. The Suns too are so concerned about their transition defense, that rarely do you ever even see the attempt of an offensive rebound. I wouldn't expect the Suns to rebound like that all the time.

PDXSpursFan
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
I disagree. The key for game 2 is that the Spurs bench players (other than Tony) need to step up. Also, we need to make some 3's and shot a higher % at the free throw line.

TampaDude
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Note to the Spurs: MAKE YOUR FUCKING FREE THROWS!!!!!

sa_butta
05-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Note to the Spurs: MAKE YOUR FUCKING FREE THROWS!!!!!
At least they improved in game 2 from 71% to 78%, but
maybe coming home pushes them up to 80%.