PDA

View Full Version : The war on drugs is...

Yonivore
05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
...a colossal failure.

RbwSwvUaRqc

Family questions SWAT drug search that led to dog’s death (http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010/feb/23/family-questions-swat-drug-search-that-led-to/)

It takes a certain kind of temerity and arrogance to bust into a house, shoot the family dogs in the presence of children during a chaotic raid and then, charge the parents with child endangerment after finding a personal use amount of marijuana.

Unbelievable. You hear about these things but, thanks to the Columbia Police Department's taping of the raid, we can now see the abuse first hand.

boutons_deux
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Let's privatize all water, police, fire departments!

Blackwater would have handled this much better, and for 10x the price.

LnGrrrR
05-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Agreed.

I think that the "war on drugs" is something that future generations will team up against, as both sides have an interest in it. The left has an interest in it regarding civil liberties, and the right does because it's a waste of money and ineffective to boot.

One thing I'd like to point out Yoni, is that this is not only an indictment of the War on Drugs, but of increased Police State work as well. Was a SWAT team necessary for this action? Of course not.

I just finished a paper regarding legalization of marijuana in the larger context of the drug war for my schooling... it was amazing. Since the War on Drugs has started, we spend more than ever, and put more people in jail, with limited results at best. Asinine.

boutons_deux
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
"the right does because it's a waste of money"

right = Repug politicians? (because right-wingers-for-hire in stink tanks don't make laws)

That money is "wasted" into the hands of the Prison Industrial Complex corps which support the "law-and-order" war-loving, vindictive, fake-holier-than-thou assholes of the right/conservative/Repugs.

Winehole23
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
The GOP doesn't have a monopoly on law and order, war-loving, vindictive, fake holier-than-thou assholes. Not even close, especially in Texas.

panic giraffe
05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
that was depressing.

why would they shoot his dog?

i hope the swat team leader and/or the judge who signed that warrant see jail time.

that kid is now fucked for life.

jack sommerset
05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
that was depressing.

why would they shoot his dog?

i hope the swat team leader and/or the judge who signed that warrant see jail time.

that kid is now fucked for life.

:lol

exstatic
05-08-2010, 11:23 AM
If you still support the War on Drugs, you'd be surprised to find that you're on the same side as the cartels. They make MUCH more money because it's illegal, and we are so hopelessly ineffective at getting anyone who isn't an end user, that their business is easy to carry on during the WoD.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
a corgi:

http://www.pups4sale.co.nz/welsh_corgi_pembroke_01_puppies_for_sale.jpg

is a dangerous animal that put the officers lives at risk.

Cane
05-08-2010, 11:41 AM
And the SWAT are supposed to be the "best of the best" in law enforcement. Then again that city probably has a small sample size of cops that can actually pass the SWAT physical. Michael Vicks with badges, scumbags.

Even if you hate dogs there's no reason to support that SWAT officer's shitty actions since now their department is going to get a ton of shit and the guy they arrested will probably get away with next to no consequence. Hell that guy just might be able to make some $$$ from the city if he finds the right lawyer.

Stringer_Bell
05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Wasn't the guy into much BIGGER things than the small stuff they found in his house? I saw something, probably on this forum, about the dude being a player in a ring and ultimately they got him on more charges even though he played innocent in front of his family.

Still, I feel like better homework can be done and more restraint can be used by the people signing off on these search/seizures.