PDA

View Full Version : My Idea: Parker starts next to Hill. Manu to the bench.

nkdlunch
05-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Beleive me, this will happen either tonight or as soon after Suns win a 3rd game.

Makes sense too. Parker is pretty much healthy and can take back his starting role. Obviously, Hill needs to start to play better as proven in Dallas series or in game 2.

Manu to the bench would instantly make our bench better because not only Manu is great off the bench, the other bench players play better with Manu as was proven throughout the 1st part of the season.

Make it happen for game 3 Pop!!!!

:flag:

flacura
05-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Starters
Parker
Hill
Bogans
Dice
Duncan

2nd unit
Manu
Jefferson
Blair
Bonner (after 1st missed 3 out, he has no space for mistakes)

Try a couple of minutes
Ian

No minutes at all
Mason
Temple

nkdlunch
05-07-2010, 09:44 AM
agree with bonner buy why would you not start Jefferson?

MaNu4Tres
05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
It's irrelevant.

Spurs won't win tonight's game based on who starts. Everyone will play relatively the same amount of minutes they played in games 1 and 2.

They will win tonight's game by getting stops in the 4th quarter.

Pick and roll defense+ transition defense will win the Spurs the game tonight.

nkdlunch
05-07-2010, 09:50 AM
It's irrelevant.

Spurs won't win tonight's game based on who starts. Everyone will play relatively the same amount of minutes they played in games 1 and 2.

Irrelevant??? :rolleyes

these kind of adjustments can change a series. It has happened before (sending Manu to the bench)

It's not about the amount of minutes, but at what point in time each player is on the floor and which opponent players they match up with.

flacura
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
- try with Bogans to defend Richardson
- make an additional player rotation
- Jefferson likes to play with Manu, so bring them together

flacura
05-07-2010, 09:54 AM
in the first 2 games, there were moments when Spurs were great and moments too bad, so the players combination, the rotation in different minutes and moments could make a difference, so why not change the rotation, starting with the starters to make different combinations. When Spurs won tittles Manu was off the bench

MaNu4Tres
05-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Irrelevant??? :rolleyes

these kind of adjustments can change a series. It has happened before (sending Manu to the bench)

It's not about the amount of minutes, but at what point in time each player is on the floor and which opponent players they match up with.

:lol

If Spurs were deep and utilized a balanced 10 man rotation then I'd agree with you.

Fact is that is not the situation. Manu and Tony will play close to 40 minutes whether they start or not, matching up with Nash and Jason Richardson most of the night.

And it is irrelevant with what needs to be done to win the game tonight.

Transition D +Pick and roll D>> Who starts

The Truth #6
05-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Benching Hill could hurt his confidence, especially for a home game. RJ plays better with Manu. We need help outside the 3 so I don't see why we would throw off our already shaky supporting cast. Parker will get his minutes. Players 7 through 9 need to step up. That's it.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
It would be nice to have Manu off the bench, but I just don't like the idea of starting with two small ass point guards, they're a liability on defense with the Suns starting unit. You start them two, one covers Nash, the other has to cover Richardson, who will get posted up, Spurs double as usual on every single slight mismatch, and the Suns are wide open for three all night. I'm sick of the automatic double team and then having the rest rotate wrecklessly...those guys rotating over last second are soooo easy to beat. Either they're too late= Suns 3 points. Or you get right by them since you naturally don't have much control the way they rotate last second in a full out sprint to a perimeter player, who will easily get by you.

flacura
05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
It would be nice to have Manu off the bench, but I just don't like the idea of starting with two small ass point guards, they're a liability on defense with the Suns starting unit. You start them two, one covers Nash, the other has to cover Richardson, who will get posted up, Spurs double as usual on every single slight mismatch, and the Suns are wide open for three all night. I'm sick of the automatic double team and then having the rest rotate wrecklessly...those guys rotating over last second are soooo easy to beat. Either they're too late= Suns 3 points. Or you get right by them since you naturally don't have much control the way they rotate last second in a full out sprint to a perimeter player, who will easily get by you.

Parker with Nash (can guard him)
Hill with Hill (can guard him)
Bogans with Richardson (can guard him)
Dice with Amare (can fight him)
Tim with Collins (can guard him and can help in the paint with posted suns and rest, piece of cake)

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Parker with Nash (can guard him)
Hill with Hill (can guard him)
Bogans with Richardson (can guard him)
Dice with Amare (can fight him)
Tim with Collins (can guard him and can help in the paint with posted suns and rest, piece of cake)

George Hill cannot guard Grant Hill. He will go off for 25-30 points easily too. Please.

Tim doesn't have to guard Collins. He is a waste of offensive space. It amazes me that the Suns can survive playing offense 4 on 5 when Collins is on the floor for us. Just use Tim to double Amare. He won't pass Collins the ball anyway.

SenorSpur
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Beleive me, this will happen either tonight or as soon after Suns win a 3rd game.

Makes sense too. Parker is pretty much healthy and can take back his starting role. Obviously, Hill needs to start to play better as proven in Dallas series or in game 2.

Manu to the bench would instantly make our bench better because not only Manu is great off the bench, the other bench players play better with Manu as was proven throughout the 1st part of the season.

That makes the most sense. Manu is a freakin' expert at sparking the team, in a 6th man role. That is the move that should happen. I doubt that Pop will acquiesce.

nkdlunch
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
:lol

If Spurs were deep and utilized a balanced 10 man rotation then I'd agree with you.

Fact is that is not the situation. Manu and Tony will play close to 40 minutes whether they start or not, matching up with Nash and Jason Richardson most of the night.

And it is irrelevant with what needs to be done to win the game tonight.

Transition D +Pick and roll D>> Who starts

Manu would come in mid-1st quarter to play with the starters. Then stay as subs come in at end of the quarter. Again, this would make our bench more lethal and if you had watched game 2, it's the bench that lost the game for us.

Of course it is relevant. again, series have been changed with adjustments like this.

nkdlunch
05-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Benching Hill could hurt his confidence, especially for a home game. RJ plays better with Manu. We need help outside the 3 so I don't see why we would throw off our already shaky supporting cast. Parker will get his minutes. Players 7 through 9 need to step up. That's it.

bingo. that's why Hill starts next to Parker.

nkdlunch
05-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Do you even watch the games? Hill has been abused by Nash both games and you want him to start game 3 with Parker? Hill doesn't even attack the basket against Nash on offense, he stands outside the key shooting jumpers. I mean really he can't take Nash off the Dribble?

it would be Parker guarding Nash

And let me guess you want Hill to guard Nash again or you want him to guard Richardson or Grant Hill who will post him up every opportunity they get?

he would have to guard either one. he would have to anyway at some point if he wants to stay on the floor. There is no choice.

A smart move would be to start Parker with Manu and bring in Hill once Nash goes to the bench and have him play against his Goran.

like someone else said, Hill plays better starting this has been proven.

in2deep
05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
althought that should happen, what's more likely to happen is parker will start with Manu, but Manu will go out early so he can come back with the bench players.

PDXSpursFan
05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
IMO, starting Hill and Parker is a very bad idea as neither one can guard J-Richarson.

jestersmash
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Here's a better idea - Parker gets Ginobili's shots.

Ginobili only gets to shoot if he's near the rim or WIDE WIDE open (which surprisingly doesn't happen that often). No more 3s Gino, no more long jump shots...PLEASE.

flacura
05-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Here's a better idea - Parker gets Ginobili's shots.

Ginobili only gets to shoot if he's near the rim or WIDE WIDE open (which surprisingly doesn't happen that often). No more 3s Gino, no more long jump shots...PLEASE.

0.376 in 3s in carrer
0.333 in 3s in playoffs

yes that bad

come on, he is old, he can not jump, he can not shoot, he has a bad nose, he is old, he can not win a game, he can not defend, he is a mess

why don't you trade ginobili :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang:bang

dbestpro
05-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I say start RMJ and have him clothes line Nash. When he gets suspended we will be happy. Maybe, we get Bonner to do the same to Frye. This way we could keep the 4 players that are hurting the Spurs the most off the floor.

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I say start RMJ and have him clothes line Nash. When he gets suspended we will be happy. Maybe, we get Bonner to do the same to Frye. This way we could keep the 4 players that are hurting the Spurs the most off the floor.

loser.

:nope

mavsfan1000
05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Nash would guard Hill and Richardson would guard Parker in that case. You need Parker combined with Manu for Nash to have to guard Parker. I guess Nash could guard Jefferson but that is a big size advantage to Jefferson.

cheguevara
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
mmmm

Parker guards Nash
Hill guards Jrich
RJ guards Grant
Duncan guards collison
Dyce guards Amare

then

Nash guards Hill
grant guards parker
jrich guards RJ
Collison guards TD
Amare guards dyce

I guess its doable if it makes our bench so much better....

word
05-07-2010, 07:39 PM

If Parker will give Hill the ball when he's open, we've got game.

TD 21
05-07-2010, 07:54 PM
It's irrelevant.

Rebounding will win tonight. The Spurs have to pound the Suns on the glass. You can talk about pick and roll and transition defense all you want, the reality is the Spurs have no answer for the former and can only hope to minimize the latter. It's unlikely they out shoot the Suns from three (they might once), so where do they beat this team? They beat them by dominating the glass, particularly defensive. It would be foolish to expect to beat the best offensive team in the league by giving them plenty of second opportunities. They already have their hands full trying to stop the first opportunity. The Spurs were a much better rebounding team in the regular season, so it's not like they're not capable of this, but they'll have a much more difficult time if they continue to play foolish lineups.

In a roundabout way, this brings me back to the rotation. In order to out rebound them, that means 1) Less small ball, 2) More McDyess and to a lesser extent, Blair, and 3) No Bonner

MaNu4Tres
05-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Rebounding will win tonight. The Spurs have to pound the Suns on the glass. You can talk about pick and roll and transition defense all you want, the reality is the Spurs have no answer for the former and can only hope to minimize the latter. It's unlikely they out shoot the Suns from three (they might once), so where do they beat this team? They beat them by dominating the glass, particularly defensive. It would be foolish to expect to beat the best offensive team in the league by giving them plenty of second opportunities. They already have their hands full trying to stop the first opportunity. The Spurs were a much better rebounding team in the regular season, so it's not like they're not capable of this, but they'll have a much more difficult time if they continue to play foolish lineups.

In a roundabout way, this brings me back to the rotation. In order to out rebound them, that means 1) Less small ball, 2) More McDyess and to a lesser extent, Blair, and 3) No Bonner

I agree :tu

Besides pick and roll defense and transition D, rebounding is another huge key.

spursdotcom
05-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Tony and Manu start. http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/notebook.html

TD 21
05-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Finally Pop has seen the light!

MaNu4Tres
05-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Finally Pop has seen the light!

Don't hold your breath. (Regarding Mason/Bonner)