PDA

View Full Version : GSP To Coach TUF 12 Against Koscheck or Daley

dbreiden83080
05-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Welterweight champion Georges “Rush” St-Pierre (20-2-0) will serve as one of the coaches on the twelfth season of Spike TV’s most popular original series ever, “The Ultimate Fighter®”. One of the most dominant fighters on the planet, St-Pierre will be coaching against the number one contender in the welterweight division, either Josh Koscheck (16-4-0) or Paul Daley (23-8-2), who square off for that honor this Saturday at UFC 113 in St-Pierre’s hometown of Montreal. The new season premieres Wednesday, September 15 at 10:00 PM ET/PT featuring some of the best unsigned fighters in the world in the lightweight division. The new season goes into production in June 2010 in Las Vegas and will last six weeks. The cast will be announced later this summer.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=81412

I'm not happy GSP will be out of action so long again. This means he won't fight until likely Dec.. But as one of the biggest stars in MMA, i guess it was his turn to coach on TUF..

polandprzem
05-08-2010, 05:33 AM
wtf?

GSP should go and fight in the summer :rolleyes dana

Stringer_Bell
05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Meh, I think this is a real lop-sided coaching choice. Everyone would want to be w/ GSP, no one with Kos or Daley. However, the upside to Kos is he would bring the AKA people with him along with the tribe mentality they got going over there. Okay, well now that I think about it, the potential cast members would also realize this...so it ain't so bad for Kos.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2010, 11:02 AM
wtf?

GSP should go and fight in the summer :rolleyes dana

I agree. The TUF show is getting in the way of champions and that's hardly a good thing for MMA. GSP had a long lay off because of injury now he has another one because of the show. I think he is being a team player here. He's a huge star and they want good ratings for season 12, so he has agreed but lets not watse this man's prime here UFC..

Stringer_Bell
05-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I agree. The TUF show is getting in the way of champions and that's hardly a good thing for MMA. GSP had a long lay off because of injury now he has another one because of the show. I think he is being a team player here. He's a huge star and they want good ratings for season 12, so he has agreed but lets not watse this man's prime here UFC..

Also, I'm just saying here, it could give Sheilds a chance for a warm-up match in the Fall. GSP defends in late Fall, then defends in Early Spring? That'd be acceptable, then the division would be cleaned out. :p:

dbreiden83080
05-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Also, I'm just saying here, it could give Sheilds a chance for a warm-up match in the Fall. GSP defends in late Fall, then defends in Early Spring? That'd be acceptable, then the division would be cleaned out. :p:

Shields is getting over-rated.. GSP will own him..

CubanSucks
05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Meh, I think this is a real lop-sided coaching choice. Everyone would want to be w/ GSP, no one with Kos or Daley. However, the upside to Kos is he would bring the AKA people with him along with the tribe mentality they got going over there. Okay, well now that I think about it, the potential cast members would also realize this...so it ain't so bad for Kos.

Real good point. Kos brings in Fitch and Swick certain times and there's a 3 headed monster. Then you have GSP who's the best. Awesome coaching matchup. Now if Daley wins this match?...not good at all for the show. Not too sure but he'd be THE smallest name coach so far