xtremesteven33
05-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Horry is still my hero

noles1983
05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
i tend to agree with him

xtremesteven33
05-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I think Robert can see this Spurs team is missing those old veteran players that everyone would hate on them for..

Jefferson sucks
Bonner sucks
Mason sucks

Thats alotta suckage for a contending team. Its a shame...

Bulwark
05-07-2010, 07:22 PM
In San Antonio, basketball (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/Blog/DanBickley/81832#) fans are suddenly yearning for the man they called, "Big Shot Bob." The Spurs miss his ability to make clutch shots from the perimeter. They miss his swagger. This makes him laugh.

"Too bad they didn't realize that when I was playing," Horry said.

Maybe they didn't part on good terms

mrsmaalox
05-07-2010, 07:24 PM
"Too bad they didn't realize that when I was playing"??? :wtf

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I love Horry, one of my favorite Spurs of all-time..I don't mind that he picked the Suns to win the series, I picked them too..but he's been asshurt for a while now though, ever since the Spurs let him go and nobody else wanted him..his bitterness annoys me..

alchemist
05-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Horry was done when he was let go, he may not think so but it's the truth. :wakeup

While I believe the Suns will probably win I doubt it's 5 games.

word
05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Spurs are missing the hunger. Too many peeps into longevity and paychecks rather than...'I'll lay my body and career on the line, tonight.'

fuck man, just put it all out there ....they can do it.

ALVAREZ6
Fuck Horry, he didn't do shit except make a few shots. Yeah without him the Spurs would have one less ring, but those two games in that series were the only he ever showed up in as a Spur.

xtremesteven33
Fuck Horry, he didn't do shit except make a few shots. Yeah without him the Spurs would have one less ring, but those two games in that series were the only he ever showed up in as a Spur.

Get out.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Spurs are missing the hunger. Too many peeps into longevity and paychecks rather than...'I'll lay my body and career on the line, tonight.'

fuck man, just put it all out there ....

That's the way you gotta play every fuckin game, even in the reg season. I don't expect anything less from players that I am rooting for. If you don't go balls out every game in the playoffs, you don't deserve a championship, or even to win a game.

word
05-07-2010, 07:31 PM
He did save us in Detroit but damn....what a mistake by ...Rasheed was it ?

EricB
05-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Try two rings genius.

word
05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
That's the way you gotta play every fuckin game, even in the reg season. I don't expect anything less from players that I am rooting for. If you don't go balls out every game in the playoffs, you don't deserve a championship, or even to win a game.

Fact. I don't see reg season like that so much, but the playoffs ? All out, every game, till it breaks down and hope you hold up. And I'm gonna get shit for this..but...big three...show me ALL of it....

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Get out.

I liked Horry but .. "They miss his swagger. This makes him laugh."

..man get out of here with that bullshit, it doesn't make him laugh. He's acting like the fans miss him the same way they would if Manu went somewhere else this summer. Get real, he was 10th man.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Try two rings genius.

The Spurs swept Cleveland in 07, Horry or not, they were gonna win that one...

word
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
But if you think about it, that shot by Horry in Detroit...we were down in that series....but that's how fast it can change.

Spurs aren't done yet. I'll panic if they lose tonight..and they won't.

Reminds me ...I gotta get outa here...and find my tickets.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Horry was a massive contributor in 2005 and still a big contributor in 2007..he wasn't a 10th man at all..

He was definitely completely done at the end of his tenure here, but he was a very important player here..very versatile..underrated passer, good defender, clutch, extremely tough-minded, good intangibles..it's tough to find role players like that..

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:37 PM
You should fucking ban yourself from the forums for saying this

Blow me, I loved Horry when he was a Spur, but fuck him for being a cocky mofo with his comments. This has nothing to do with how he played as a spur, it's 100% to do with those quotes right there.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Holy shit your stupidity has reached a new plateau.

All of what I said was based on his quotes, and he should understand why he isn't a Spur, or on a team, anymore.

His last year as a Spurs, here are his stats:

played 45 games, 13 mins a game, 31.9% FGs, 25.7% from 3, 64% FTs, 2 points a game...

what part of those stats merits $?

Obstructed_View
05-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Maybe they didn't part on good terms

Smallball in '06 bothered Horry as much as it bothered me. He knew they wasted an opportunity and then being blamed for it certainly didn't help.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:43 PM
You just said he was the 10th man. That is one of the most asinine comments I have ever heard regarding the Spurs next to Z0sa sticking up for Matt Bonner

I was exaggerating...I'm just saying it was nothing out of this world for him to not be a Spur anymore, and none of my comments were even based on his play in the first place. It was all on the quotes, if they're even true. You fuckers are acting like I just murdered 7 babies by drowning them in a bath tub.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:44 PM
You said they dont miss his swagger as well that he was the 10th man. That merits the ban

And it was more about the "This makes him laugh" aspect...like he's laughing at Spurs fans and the team now.

Forward the ban part to Kori or timvp fuckhead

SAtown
05-07-2010, 07:45 PM
The Spurs swept Cleveland in 07, Horry or not, they were gonna win that one...

I can't agree with this. He had clutch shots in the Denver series and PHX series. He also gave the Spurs a lot more options than they'd dream to have right now. Without Horry, I don't think the Spurs would have more than 2 championships (LA and Houston would agree :lol)

MannyIsGod
05-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Cool. He helped up us win titles. That doesn't change that he's been a bitter asshole ever since they told him thank you and moved on.

MaNu4Tres
05-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Funny from the guy who has said he hasn't watch any of the games. :lol

MannyIsGod
05-07-2010, 07:49 PM
In San Antonio, basketball fans are suddenly yearning for the man they called, "Big Shot Bob." The Spurs miss his ability to make clutch shots from the perimeter. They miss his swagger. This makes him laugh.

"Too bad they didn't realize that when I was playing," Horry said.

Like explain to me what that means? We as fans didn't give him enough to make him happy? Well then fuck him.

Sure the guy helped us win titles but I don't know exactly wtf he expected out of SA fans. They never treated him badly.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Do you understand this fucking Spurs team is missing a Robert Horry right now. If we had a Horry we would be up 2-0. Thats how important he was. Now he needs a Duncan or Parker or Ginobli but he would no doubt help us win this fucking series so much.

Of course I do, but him not being a Spur for over 2 years has nothing to do with today. You can't tell me he'd still be as good now, he was old and %'s dropping significantly (yes I am quite significantly) every year....so sure they need a guy like who he was for us in the past, but does that mean that'd be him now? Fuck no. Is it justifiable that Horry isn't a Spur today? Yes.

So with that said, he should understand why he's not a Spur anymore.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Idk why he's so bitter towards the Spurs. The cut ties with him, and not 1 other team went after him. The dude was simply done.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Like explain to me what that means? We as fans didn't give him enough to make him happy? Well then fuck him.

Sure the guy helped us win titles but I don't know exactly wtf he expected out of SA fans. They never treated him badly.

:tu , someone else with a functioning brain in here.

Besides, you can't guarantee that he'd still be making clutch shots, or even if you assume he still had his last season's stats, because those clutch shots are like 1, 2, or 3 single shots. That's what he provided a couple times, big shots, and any slight change in the shot makes it a miss, so there's no guarantee they'd still go in again.

On top of that, what you also need to realize is it's not specifically clutch shots that the Spurs need right now. It's more like shots period, throughout the game. Not just one big shot at the end. We need outside jumpers period. And quite frankly, Bonner's FG and 3PT% were much better this season than Horry's (of course Bonner is blowing now in the playoffs).

Kamala
05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
My initial response was fuck Robert Horry too.

Upon some reflection I will always remember that game 5 in Detroit! I've watched a bit of basketball and that dunk where he strained his shoulder and made those threes was not only a turning point in the series but it let everyone know the Spurs were gangsta that year. That performance let a very tough Detroit team know that we were tough too and it shut that crowd including Eminem and the annoying PA announcer the hell up.

He also wasn't shy about sticking an elbow in David West's sore back or knocking Nash the hell down to let them know what time it was. The message was don't fuck with the Spurs Bitches! This ain't the fast breaking fiesta pink and teal pussy days no mo.

DPG21920
05-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Love what Rob did for us. But f' his predictions and comments.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Horry will probably chill out in a few years or so..a lot of athletes get bitter for the first few years following retirement, Horry is still clearly in denial about his abilities..IIRC, he was talking about how he would come back if a team asked him, I think it was last season..he obviously still wants(or wanted to, last year) play, but it looks like he hasn't come to terms with his lack of ability at this point..

Rob was HORRIBLE at the end of his tenure here, it was painful to watch..

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 08:07 PM
My initial response was fuck Robert Horry too.

Upon some reflection I will always remember that game 5 in Detroit! I've watched a bit of basketball and that dunk where he strained his shoulder and made those threes was not only a turning point in the series but it let everyone know the Spurs were gangsta that year. That performance let a very tough Detroit team know that we were tough too and it shut that crowd including Eminem and the annoying PA announcer the hell up.

He also wasn't shy about sticking an elbow in David West's sore back or knocking Nash the hell down to let them know what time it was. The message was don't fuck with the Spurs Bitches! This ain't the fast breaking fiesta pink and teal pussy days no mo.

And I agree with all of that, but the fact is he wasn't too useful anymore as he kept getting older (by law of nature) and the Spurs made the decision they had to do. No need to be bitter, he should understand the business he has been in for his entire career. If he rightfully was bitter, why did no other team pick him up? And sure he helped teams win championships, but he had no chance at 6 of his 7 rings without Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Shaquille O'Neal, and Kobe Bryant.

timtonymanu
05-07-2010, 08:08 PM
You guys do realize how out of shape Horry is, right?

He looks as big as Shaq.

I agree with the minority here. I respect him and love him as a Spur. But he's been a little bitch with his comments saying he was underappreciated here. Seriously Rob?

ElNono
05-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Love Robert, but he was done in 2008 and the FO did the right thing, especially in light of the Finley fiasco.

Ginobilly
Except Horry would be 1000x more valuable today than Bonner is right now. I would take the Horry of today over Bonner

:depressed Even though Horry is clearly done from the game of basketball, he probably would beat Matt Bonner in a 1on1 game, and probably hit a few 3 pointers during game 1 and 2.:depressed

dbreiden83080
http://blackhawkup.com/files/2010/03/fuck-you.jpg

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Except Horry would be 1000x more valuable today than Bonner is right now. I would take the Horry of today over Bonner

And I would too.

But I would also take Diana Taurasi over Bonner. In fact, I'd probably take Eduardo Najera over Bonner.

BlackSwordsMan
05-07-2010, 08:11 PM
he's being modest
suns in 4

Capt Bringdown
05-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Teams that go up 2-0 win 94% of the time.
So yeah, Horry obviously knows what he's talking about.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Where is whottt?

Budkin
05-07-2010, 09:20 PM

STFU. Horry has a got damn lifetime Spur pass in my opinion, and probably in the opinions of the majority of Spurs fans out there.

Budkin
05-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Teams that go up 2-0 win 94% of the time.
So yeah, Horry obviously knows what he's talking about.

Guess we know what percentage the Mavs are in for their epic Finals choke. :lol

Bartleby
05-07-2010, 09:53 PM
If mase gets hot we strool past PHX right now its gonna be a dog fight

That's BIG "if"

noles1983
05-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Spurs suck on D......Why we are not giving Mase and Ian any time is beyond me. If mase gets hot we strool past PHX right now its gonna be a dog fight

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/96085/dude_wtf.gif

timtonymanu
05-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Spurs suck on D......Why we are not giving Mase and Ian any time is beyond me. If mase gets hot we strool past PHX right now its gonna be a dog fight

Are you fuckin serious?

Mason is dogshit.

poop
05-07-2010, 10:34 PM
i dont care if Horry said 'fuck the spurs they are all gay', punches me in the face, fucks my girlfriends and posts it on the internet, and sets my car on fire, id still kneel and bow in worship if i ever saw him.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Any your answer is???? Stay with Bogans? Hill who is not with it, Manu who is cold ever since the broken nose at least from the outside and Bonner has been worth nothing till tonight.

Got to try something, its not like the guy cant play.....didnt he start and avg 12.5ppg last year and hit 4 game winners. He just needs to be used as a sg playing off the ball if he hits one or two, it will change the way phx has to defend us and I think we pull out till the next round, if we dont find a hot hand from behind the line we may not make it out of this round let alone the next.

Manu has been cold from outside since the nose, but not tonight.

Spurs would be down 20 without him.

4>0rings
05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
HAHAHA Horry you dumbfuck. It's going to be Suns in 4.

BlackSwordsMan
05-07-2010, 11:01 PM
suns in 4 lolol

Obstructed_View
05-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Avoiding the sweep at this point would be a bonus.

sundevilscott
05-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Horry is still my hero

I still hate him.

SAtown
05-08-2010, 02:29 AM
i dont care if Horry said 'fuck the spurs they are all gay', punches me in the face, fucks my girlfriends and posts it on the internet, and sets my car on fire, id still kneel and bow in worship if i ever saw him.

:lmao