PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing...

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm speechless.

mexicanjunior
05-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Too bad Pop started the tanking a few months too late...lottery pick would have been nice.

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
21 second half points for Tragic. FML.

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm speechless.

Spurs Brazil
05-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Tony Paker + G.Hill + R.Jefferson = A BUNCH OF SHIT TONIGHT

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:18 PM
lol Bonner the best role player

mandel17
05-07-2010, 11:19 PM
When you let a guy like Dragic make 9 baskets in a row without giving him a hard foul - that is the sign of a team that has mailed it in....

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:19 PM
We are gonna need an explanation from ducks on this one.

TDomination
05-07-2010, 11:20 PM
the switches on defense were sickening

Ocotillo
05-07-2010, 11:20 PM
F*$k

Spurologist
05-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Sportscenter just showed the missed jam by RJ to start the game and I think died for a second.

carina_gino20
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
:depressed

George Gervin's Afro
tip your hat to the suns. they are making us look real bad...

G-Nob
I'm speechless.

Bender
05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
possible sweep looming.

DJ Mbenga
05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
wow when i left for some food spurs were up 15 wtf?

ElNono
05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Just no heart. First Spurs team with a full roster that goes to the playoffs and shows no fight at home. You have to give credit to the Suns, everybody comes in and plays. Look a lot like the Spurs of old. We're going to have to lose a lot of baggage in the offseason.

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:26 PM
wow when i left for some food spurs were up 15 wtf?
I got nothing.

mexicanjunior
05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Just no heart. First Spurs team with a full roster that goes to the playoffs and shows no fight at home. You have to give credit to the Suns, everybody comes in and plays. Look a lot like the Spurs of old. We're going to have to lose a lot of baggage in the offseason.

It's 2001 all over again...

peskypesky
05-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Pop out-coached once again. He's a proven moron.

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Pop out-coached once again. He's a proven moron.
It's more than that. They have better role players that step up when needed. The Spurs have players like RJ and Matt Bonner. Case closed.

Bender
05-07-2010, 11:32 PM
suns have better players, and seemingly a better coach.

edit: oops, got beat

Borosai
05-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Where's Horry when you need him for a bailout.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2010, 11:34 PM
We all knew coming into the playoffs this team likely wasn't a contender but we let the Mavs series fool us.

Its alright, at this point in the game with this team you take the victories where you can and appreciate seasons that don't necessarily end up in championships.

I'm not embarrassed by this team in the least.

Crookshanks
05-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Suns were the hottest team going into the playoffs, and they got a pretty easy first round opponent. Their confidence is sky high and this is finally the year they're going to beat the Spurs. Enjoy it - cuz I highly doubt you'll beat the Fakers.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2010, 11:36 PM
well someone has to take the blame

and it usually starts with the coach in most sports, so when is pop gettin replace or his untouchable?

3 seasons now and still counting no silverware

benefactor
05-07-2010, 11:38 PM
We all knew coming into the playoffs this team likely wasn't a contender but we let the Mavs series fool us.

Its alright, at this point in the game with this team you take the victories where you can and appreciate seasons that don't necessarily end up in championships.

The Spurs just got owned by a back up PG and are on the verge of being swept. Not sure what criteria constitutes embarrassment for you, but that's pretty damn close for me.

ElNono
05-07-2010, 11:40 PM
The Spurs just got owned by a back up PG and are on the verge of being swept. Not sure what criteria constitutes embarrassment for you, but that's pretty damn close for me.

At home, in a season-defining game.

jmard5
05-07-2010, 11:41 PM
More like their bench players stepping up and our starters getting tired.

benefactor
at home, in a season-defining game.
fml.

ElNono
Suns were the hottest team going into the playoffs, and they got a pretty easy first round opponent. Their confidence is sky high and this is finally the year they're going to beat the Spurs. Enjoy it - cuz I highly doubt you'll beat the Fakers.

The 'pretty easy' first round opponent beat them twice, once in their home court. By that rationale, their second round opponent has been much easier.

SnakeBoy
05-07-2010, 11:43 PM
well someone has to take the blame

Ryhmes with Fefferson.

CP48107
05-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Fellow Spurs fan,

I am speechless like a lot of you. I truly believe the Spurs fought hard. Duncan, Parker, Ginobli all gave their best. But Nash and Grant Hill shot over Duncan like there is no tomorrow really kills me. It also pains (I mean "PAIN") me to see that player like dragic, dudely, or Frye played like Larry Bird or R. Miller.

I think the father time has caught up with Duncan for sure. I still love Parker & Ginobli and Pop. But they have to let Jefferson, Mason, Bonner go. George Hill needs to realize that he is not a super star (at least not yet), so he needs to shoot more than 8,000 shots this summer. As a fan, I am extremely depressed.

Final words, Nash and Grant Hill are two players with class, so I wish them good luck. Amare is an excellant player also, to be able to play like this after having a micro-fracture surgery several years ago is just unbelievable. Other than that, I really can't say that I like the rest of the team, especially Alvin Gentry and his smirk.

ElNono
Manu just dropped 'embarrassing' in the press conference...

johnnyblues
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/addadiktome/FalconPunch.gif

SpurOutofTownFan
05-07-2010, 11:46 PM
We are gonna need an explanation from ducks on this one.

he's in coma

michaelwcho
05-07-2010, 11:49 PM

Me neither. The Suns are playing very well and the Spurs look like they only had a good month or so in them. You just have to throw your hands up in the air when a reserve point guard pours in 27 points in a half.

Maybe next year they can bring in a little help and give them a bit more of a chance.

Slippy
05-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Man, i feel deflated.

ALVAREZ6
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Manu just dropped 'embarrassing' in the press conference...

He's one of maybe three or four players that should NOT be embarrassed. If the whole team played with his heart, the Spurs would beat the Suns and the hobbled Lakers. He showed he wanted to win. I can't say the same for the majority of the team.

FlyHigh07
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Damn y'all Spurs needa blow the team up and start all ova.

milkyway21
05-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Manu shld not be embarrassed.

He along with Duncan & Mcdyess did pretty well. TP. GHill, RJ sucks..

It's obvious it's not our yr. If they can survive( 15% chance) this series I think, they will be too exhausted to face the Lakers. Just like they last time they met after that 7-game series vs the Hornets.

mexicanjunior
05-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Manu shld be be embarrassed.

He along with Duncan & Mcdyess did pretty well. TP. GHill, RJ sucks..

It's obvious it's not our yr. If they can survive( 15% chance) this series I think, they will be too exhausted to face the Lakers. Just like they last time they met after that 7-game series vs the Hornets.

What equation brought you to 15% chance?

MarceloM!
05-08-2010, 12:17 AM
lol Bonner the best role player

I like Bonner, he did it well all series. Unfortunately TP, RJ NOT. THANKS MANU, we are in playoffs because of you, hey people, don't forget it, without Manu Spurs must be on vacation now. This is sad but true, we can't overcome it, think about next year. Trade RJ now.

Baseline
05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Of course it's embarrassing. This is the same team that beat Dallas 4-2, right? Yet we've given the Suns confidence because Pop's defensive schemes are getting shredded.

There are things we haven't even tried defensively because Popovich is too stubborn. You heard Manu say tonight, "We decided to switch, and they attacked our switches."

People, we switched for 48 minutes. We never even tried anything different. No doubling of Nash, no trapping of Nash, no guards fighting through the screen, and no zone or zonish defense to slow down Nash.

But what we did see was Nash shredding us with jumpers against Tim all night long, or if he got bored with that, he'd dribble into the lane, and all our defenders are watching him instead of the three-point line. Splash - another three-ball.

milkyway21
05-08-2010, 12:35 AM
What equation brought you to 15% chance?

Believe me it's only the % that I can give if only Duncan & Manu can deliver and those other guys won't do something to help..sorry. I'm just speechless right now.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2010, 12:48 AM
When everything the opponent throws up to the basket goes in (60% on 3's) SA's players just kind of threw up their hands. It was an embarrassing performance from the second quarter on.

Phoenix is a decent team, but SA gave them all kinds of space out there to shoot. Lousy defensive effort.

Duncan can't carry the team anymore. He and Ginobili needed help and did not get it from anyone but McDyess

mingus
05-08-2010, 01:06 AM
The Spurs basically need a shane battier type player. someone that can hit threes and play against perimiter guys who catch fire. that's the difference this year. Manu, TP, and Tim don't have a realiable 3-man that can make the defense pay for collapsing. it's been a staple in the Spurs offense since Pop came in, and it's led to a bunch of success. it's no coincidence that the team hasn't been successful without it. sure, there are a bunch of other things that didn't go right for the Spurs regarding errors, but it's the SYSTEM that has changed that has been the downfall of this team.

all season long i thought rj didn't fit with this team, an it's being proved right. guy just doesn't have the skill-set needed for this team. he needs to go ahead and give J Kidd a sloppy bj for getting him that contract of his, because the guy is really, really average.

mingus
05-08-2010, 01:09 AM
time to start looking ahead to next season. i really believe that the core of this team has more left in them. it's whether they can trade RJ this season that will determine everything. i would HATE to go into next season with RJ. it would be dejavu and the wrong kind.

spurs10
05-08-2010, 01:23 AM
When you let a guy like Dragic make 9 baskets in a row without giving him a hard foul - that is the sign of a team that has mailed it in....
Yes!

LakerHater
05-08-2010, 01:32 AM
At home, in a season-defining game.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dw53rr.gif

crc21209
05-08-2010, 01:53 AM
As bad as people wanna bash RJ, I think he will still be worth something next year. People wanna bash him tonight when it wasnt ALL his fault...he actually made his damn free throws and rebounded the ball well. Sure he didnt shoot well but you can't make em all right? The main problem of this team right now is depth...thats all. Plain and simple. Other than Tim, Tony, Manu, Hill, Dice, RJ, and Blair, who else is there? Bonner FINALLY showed up tonight, but it may be too little too late. Mason- sucks. Bogans- sucks. Hairston- Has alot of potential and I think would have helped alot but Pop mis-managed him during the year. Mahinmi- glued to the bench. Temple- glued to the bench. The Suns can go 10-deep, while we are playing 6 maybe 7 guys out there every game..

MateoNeygro
05-08-2010, 04:43 AM
As bad as people wanna bash RJ, I think he will still be worth something next year. People wanna bash him tonight when it wasnt ALL his fault...he actually made his damn free throws and rebounded the ball well. Sure he didnt shoot well but you can't make em all right? The main problem of this team right now is depth...thats all. Plain and simple. Other than Tim, Tony, Manu, Hill, Dice, RJ, and Blair, who else is there? Bonner FINALLY showed up tonight, but it may be too little too late. Mason- sucks. Bogans- sucks. Hairston- Has alot of potential and I think would have helped alot but Pop mis-managed him during the year. Mahinmi- glued to the bench. Temple- glued to the bench. The Suns can go 10-deep, while we are playing 6 maybe 7 guys out there every game..

Its pretty much a flip flop. They have the kind of roster we did -so to speak. We used to be deep and tough. Now we are the ones playing 6-7 players.

benefactor
05-08-2010, 12:13 PM
BTW...anyone who says last night was not as embarrassing as last year is full of shit. Yes, it was the Mavs, but the Spurs had no Manu and absolutely no help on the front line or in the back court for either of rest of the Big 3. There was no way in hell they were winning that series and anyone with any sort of objective view knew it.

Last night was the most pathetic thing I've seen in recent memory from this team. I can't figure out if I'm more pissed or hurt. They got shit on by Goran Fucking Dragic in the second half of a home game that basically amounted to an elimination game. Even the morning after, I can't quite wrap my mind around it.

Budkin
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM

+1000

At one point I didn't even think we were going to make the playoffs, but we did, played some great basketball, and FINALLY got our revenge on the Mavs. Yeah it always sucks to be eliminated but things ended a lot better than it looked like they would at one point. No embarrassment here!

:flag:

Dex
05-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I just couldn't believe it while I was watching it. Literally dumbfounded. I had considered the possibility that we might drop the game, especially after losing yet another commanding first half lead.

But I did not ever think that Goran fucking Dragic would come in and go completely 2k on us. Absolutely ridiculous.

Borosai
05-08-2010, 02:55 PM
BTW...anyone who says last night was not as embarrassing as last year is full of shit. Yes, it was the Mavs, but the Spurs had no Manu and absolutely no help on the front line or in the back court for either of rest of the Big 3. There was no way in hell they were winning that series and anyone with any sort of objective view knew it.

Last night was the most pathetic thing I've seen in recent memory from this team. I can't figure out if I'm more pissed or hurt. They got shit on by Goran Fucking Dragic in the second half of a home game that basically amounted to an elimination game. Even the morning after, I can't quite wrap my mind around it.

I agree. It's absolutely shameful the way this series is playing out. But it would've been worse to lose to the Mavs yet again in the first round. Here's hoping for a miracle series comeback, or at least a meaningful summer re-loading the team.