PDA

View Full Version : They were right with Manu, and wrong with all others

kaji157
05-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Man, this team sucks aside from Ginobili. A guy with a broken bone in his face is doing better than all other 6 players with no injuries.
Trade Jefferson for whatever we can get and let's see what we get from Parker, he is being outplayed by Dragic.

DMX7
05-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Trade Jefferson? To who? No one is taking that contract.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Jefferson will opt out

Shastafarian
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Trade Jefferson? To who? No one is taking that contract.

It's an expiring next year. Everyone would take that.

Scola
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Jefferson will opt out

Why would he? No other team will pay him that kind of cash.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Just watch it

SpursTillTheEnd
05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Wtf blair,temple,harriston are all good give them some fucking playing time

austN Spur
05-07-2010, 11:24 PM
His only basket was going to the hoop. Why did he settle all night

gregpschneid
05-07-2010, 11:26 PM
I believe the right trade for TP would be worth it. Parker didn't respond well to starting tonight and was outplayed by Dragic! The pick and roll switches is what killed the Spurs though. Terrible switching. Duncan and Parker need to work on body language (they acted like they had no hope after losing the lead) and fricking free throws!

DPG21920
05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't think Manu's contract is a good one. But they had to keep him. They most certainly over paid though.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Manu is still the best Spur's player in this series. Posts about how he's overpaid are ridiculous... he's taken less money on previous contracts so the spurs could stretch themselves a little big longer.

Quit the nonsense please. He played with a broken nose and still did well enough to win.

Spurtacus
05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Spurs fans that want Parker traded can GTFO! Dragic outplayed an injured Parker. It was crystal clear Parker wasn't the same since his second quarter fall. Also, last I checked there are four other guys on the court with Parker. Blame the whole team including Manu.

TheProfessor
05-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Wtf blair,temple,harriston are all good give them some fucking playing time
Hairston! His name is Hairston! :lol

ducks
05-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Man, this team sucks aside from Ginobili. A guy with a broken bone in his face is doing better than all other 6 players with no injuries.
Trade Jefferson for whatever we can get and let's see what we get from Parker, he is being outplayed by Dragic.

dragic was 2-12 before tonight

dragic went off on a INJURED TP

ducks
05-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I don't think Manu's contract is a good one. But they had to keep him. They most certainly over paid though.

no they could have gotten younger and rebuilt
this team needs better shooters

SpursTillTheEnd
05-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Hairston! His name is Hairston! :lol
bad habit puting 2 r's

hunterxaz
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM
You have a good team. Any other team in the WCSF you would win. (Jazz, Lakers, imo) -- the Suns are just better than you guys.

EricB
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Jefferson opting out would really f the spurs badly...

TheProfessor
05-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Jefferson opting out would really f the spurs badly...
Considering how badly he's f'ed us already, his opting out would make perfect sense :depressed

SpurOutofTownFan
05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
You have a good team. Any other team in the WCSF you would win. (Jazz, Lakers, imo) -- the Suns are just better than you guys.

if the suns advance im not sure they will have the same success against lakers or jazz.. they have deeper bench.

MarceloM!
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Manu is still the best Spur's player in this series. Posts about how he's overpaid are ridiculous... he's taken less money on previous contracts so the spurs could stretch themselves a little big longer.

Quit the nonsense please. He played with a broken nose and still did well enough to win.

I subscribe it. Manu is under payed, don't forget he is responsible for the spurs playing playoffs this year. he was the most important player all this series, he was the x factor everywhere, but rest of team sucks in important moments.

MarceloM!
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM

Yes. Thank you.

mexicanjunior
05-08-2010, 12:25 AM
His only basket was going to the hoop. Why did he settle all night

I think the missed dunk ruined him for the rest of the game...

ChumpDumper
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Jefferson opting out would really f the spurs badly...There would still be a possibility of a sign and trade or even -- *gulp* -- a re-signing.

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2010, 12:34 AM
It would be sad to see Tony be traded, but if he could somehow be shipped along with Jefferson for something of good quality, I'd say it's something to consider. And it has nothing to do with me loving Manu, this is no continuation of the Manu-Parker debate in this forum. If the Spurs didn't resign Manu this summer I would have understood perfectly. He's aging and very fragile at this point. Too many types of injuries that will come back every year, and can only play a couple more years anyway. After getting past Hill blowing this series, I loved how the Hill-Ginobili combo worked, and Hill is gonna be getting better every year, he's a young dude. If the Spurs could ship Parker + Jefferson for some good talent, possibly adding a solid SF or another great big man to play along side Duncan, I think it would make sense. Hill, Ginobili, and Duncan down low with another good PF or center would be very lethal, teams would not be able to double Duncan as much. And quite frankly I'm sick of the Spurs not having any other quality big man ever since D Rob retired. It's very hard to win championships without multiple solid true big men, when you think about it it makes the 07 and 05 championships much more impressive.

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2010, 12:35 AM
I subscribe it. Manu is under payed, don't forget he is responsible for the spurs playing playoffs this year. he was the most important player all this series, he was the x factor everywhere, but rest of team sucks in important moments.

Right on.

Spurs would not have sold out all of those play off tickets without Ginobili this year. They had zero chance at making the playoffs, he carried the team.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2010, 12:36 AM
RJ is going to thank his lucky stars he is going to make close to $15MM from the Spurs next year.

He knows they don't put the W's or L's or crappy stats on that paycheck.

ducks
05-08-2010, 12:37 AM
trading duncan and rj and starting over would not be a bad idea
or what spurs just resigned manu for 13 million a year

spurtech09
05-08-2010, 12:37 AM
get rid of parker...are you serious?getting rid of rj I don't mind.....spurs need a rough and tough athletic big....

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2010, 12:42 AM
get rid of parker...are you serious?getting rid of rj I don't mind.....spurs need a rough and tough athletic big....

Only way of acquiring a big that's good enough to make a big difference is to give them Jefferson and Parker for him. It would be sad to see Tony leave, but Hill is young and on the rise. Duncan with another quality big, Hill, and Ginobili would be a scary good line up.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-08-2010, 12:49 AM
im not too sure the spurs should get rid of parker - he's one of the best players in the league and you can see he wants to win every game.

thinking the spurs are good because they have Hill is dangerous.

see what happened with detroit after they got rid of chauncey because they thought their backup was good enough to make it happen

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2010, 12:54 AM
im not too sure the spurs should get rid of parker - he's one of the best players in the league and you can see he wants to win every game.

see what happened with detroit after they got rid of chauncey because they thought their backup was good enough to make it happen

I'm not saying it's def. the best move, but most players want to win every game... I think his playing style sometimes is actually contradictory of that, SOMETIMES. He's not a true PG, just a tiny SG.

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2010, 12:56 AM

Please don't compare Parker to Billups. I won't state my one blatant opinion, but one of those players is a true PG.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Please don't compare Parker to Billups. I won't state my one blatant opinion, but one of those players is a true PG.

ducks is going to kill you

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
ducks is going to kill you

ducks precisely is a duck, he does not think like a human

WalterBenitez
05-08-2010, 07:14 AM
As hard as could sound and as bad as I feel rigth now I think we should trade either Manu/Tony + Richard J to any team assuming Manu/Tony are a solid temptation to accept Jefferson Package.

kace
05-08-2010, 07:17 AM

:lol you were less vocal when manu sucked in some game in those PO.

oh, and i believe a broken nose is less hampering than a painful shoulder for playing basketball.

temujin
05-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Parker is done at a certain level, he has lost 70% of his only asset, speed.
Trade him, his contract is not too bad.
To Minnesota for the rights to Ricky Rubio.

Jefferson is untradeable. And un playable.

Duncan is no longer a franchise player, with a huge salary. He is still good, but he could only come off the bench for 20-25 quality minutes in the future.

Get Splitter, develop Blair and Hill, keep McDyess.
Signing Manu was a blessing, and I still can't believe Manu would stick to a team that will not contend for anything in the future.

Get rid of Mason and Bonner. Temple and Hairston are worth a serious try.

Downplay the objectives: making the playoffs will be excellent, in the future.

pjjrfan
05-08-2010, 08:17 AM
I think the missed dunk ruined him for the rest of the game...
I thought the same thing, I really thought we were getting someone special when we got Jefferson but as the season wore on the the most obvious thing about Jefferson was that his mental makeup just wasn't good. The guy gets down on himself quickly or get high on himself quickly. When he is in a funk he just never seems to know how to fight his way out of it. He needs someone to spoon feed him and get him out of it. And truthfully this is the way this team was for most of the season. They had no identity other than Manu stepping up and doing incredible things. They hit on the defense towards the end of the season but last night reverted back to how they were for half of the season clueless on how to stop anyone. Anyway, Jefferson was a no show something he made a habit of doing a lot of this year.

pjjrfan
05-08-2010, 08:22 AM
I also thought that Parker got hurt and his shot was off, but at least he was trying, Hill lost his confidence out there, but I thought Blair, McDyess and Bonner played well. Of course Manu also had some really bad turnovers early in the 4th, that really hurt. But that's Manu the team as a whole wasn't able to stop anyone after t hey lost the lead, and you know that was mental, they didn't have the belief that they could beat this team.

WalterBenitez
05-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I'd trde RJ even for a couple of Suns dancers!!!! he's so soft and has no the spirit we need.

Brazil
05-08-2010, 09:39 AM

In 9 POs games, TP had two bad games: game 4 against the mavs and yesterday because he was injured (I know he is not a reliable FTs shoters but 4 in a row ?). He played 7 solid games whoelse has been more consistent than parker during these POs? He is not the guy to be traded.

The big 3 must stay together + Hill and Blair