PDA

View Full Version : Has The Inevitable Finally Happened?

The Franchise
05-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Does this loss to the Suns officially close the window on the big three of the Spurs? Serious question.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Sure.

Unless it doesn't.

Serious answer.

ffadicted
05-07-2010, 11:28 PM
No, I think next year will be our best/last chance at getting far in the PO in the Duncan era. It shall be epic and legendary, let it all hang out.

4>0rings
05-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Hello no, we just need a god damn bench that can hit a shot and play some defense w/ a non white center.

DJ Mbenga
05-07-2010, 11:48 PM
window is almost shut. team like the spurs is collapsing while teams like the thunder are passing them by

Xylus
05-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I thought the Suns' window was shut after 2008.

WRONG.

Ghazi
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Suns window is probably shut anyway as far as winning a championship...

the great 2 time MVP Nash and Amare is a great 1-2 punch, but is it better than Kobe/Gasol? No... can a team led by Steve Nash really beat a team led by LEbron James or Dwight Howard? Probably not.

The Spurs window is probably shut as far as winning a title. It's very hard to win a championship without a top 5 player in the league and Duncan will be 35 next year come playoff time.

Only recent exception is the '04 Pistons with incredible defense, the best coach in the NBA, and the best defensive player on the planet!!

SomeCallMeTim
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM
In hindsight, it seems the window shut in 2008. Last season seemed to confirm that but the addition of Jefferson was supposed to change all that. Didn't happen. Hill's improvement the biggest bright side, Manu's still truckin along, Duncan too. But the slide in defense is really alarming... they just don't seem to have the horses anymore.

VBM
05-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Happens to the best of them, although I still think they'll be a solid team next season. Honestly, for all the BS that went on this season, to knock the Mavs out was shocking. Suns were one of the best second-half teams....this isn't completely unexpected

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Jefferson was a disaster. He not only couldn't function or impact, but, they invested so many minutes in him that it bled thru the entire team.

Pelicans78
05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
I never expected the Suns to win this series without Robin Lopez. However, the Spurs perimeter players aren't getting it done offensively or defensively, and I think their perimeter players are better than the Lakers. Basically the Lakers have Kobe and thats it. Everyone else like Artest, Fisher, Farmar are garbage. That's why the Lakers bigs are gonna have to dominate against the Suns big men because the Suns will have a huge advantage in the perimeter.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-08-2010, 01:06 AM
No. Spurs have been done for several years now. Every Spurs fans already knew that a long time ago. But we are still loyal to them.

timtonymanu
05-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Well this series proved me to that the big 3 can no longer carry their team anymore.

Too bad RJ and Hill couldnt do shit this series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Suns window is probably shut anyway as far as winning a championship...

the great 2 time MVP Nash and Amare is a great 1-2 punch, but is it better than Kobe/Gasol? No... can a team led by Steve Nash really beat a team led by LEbron James or Dwight Howard? Probably not.

The Spurs window is probably shut as far as winning a title. It's very hard to win a championship without a top 5 player in the league and Duncan will be 35 next year come playoff time.

Only recent exception is the '04 Pistons with incredible defense, the best coach in the NBA, and the best defensive player on the planet!!

Hey Ghazi the Mavs window is no less closed than the Suns is.......go fly a plane into something!

Brazil
05-08-2010, 01:19 AM
No, I think next year will be our best/last chance at getting far in the PO in the Duncan era. It shall be epic and legendary, let it all hang out.

peskypesky
05-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Jefferson was a disaster. He not only couldn't function or impact, but, they invested so many minutes in him that it bled thru the entire team.

yep. and fucking dumbfuck fuckhead shitforbrains Pop kept giving him minutes when it was clear a quarter way into the season that it was a failed experiment. look, i like RJ, and i respect his game. i saw him play with the Nets and i know his talents. but either he was never going to fit into the Spurs mix, or Pop was not able to figure out how to do it.

in either case, at some point you have to admit it ain't working and do something different. if it was me, with the way Blair has produced, i would've given him a helluva lot more minutes. i also saw enough from Hairston in his limited minutes to think he would've produced more than RJ. and also Temple seemed to really have some potential. RJ, on the other hand, was such a bad fit that it often felt like we were playing 4 on 5.

peskypesky
05-08-2010, 02:28 AM
No. Spurs have been done for several years now. Every Spurs fans already knew that a long time ago. But we are still loyal to them.

i still think if the RJ experiment hadn't been such a disaster, that we could've been contenders. i think the window was still open, but the RJ acquisition didn't allow us to get to the window.

Capt Bringdown
05-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Symmetry and history: Barkley closed down the Hemisfair arena with a buzzer beater over the outstretched arms of the Admiral, now it looks like the Suns are closing the book on the Duncan era for good.

The Duncan era Spurs dominated the Suns. Unless we mount a historic comeback, it's over.

j.dizzle
05-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Letting a bench player named Goran Dragic score 23 points on you in one quarter in a must win game?? haha.....ummmm that pretty much tells you the spurs championship D is pretty much a thing of the past now. I missed the game but thought SA would easily win this one..Going down 0-3 to phx is pretty much a kick in the balls hahaa. Maybe next season they'll add a couple players that take pride in their defense cuz they just cant get crucial stops anymore when they need them.

SinBAD
05-08-2010, 05:14 AM
The suns window was never open to begin with.Suns fans who think a 36 year old nash and a 37 year old hill will keep playing forever are fools.this is nash's last good year.He will start the decline next year.Dragic is not that good.he just got lucky with tim guarding him because pop is too stubborn and keeps swtiching.parker was also hurting.

I think the window is closed for all the west teams.Even lakers cant win it this year.they have no bench and they will get tired by the time they get to the final.Kobe is already 32 bynum is always injured and their perimeter sucks.They might get bosh so that would help.

The spurs will get splitter to help tim and they just need some good defenders and 3 pt shooters like in the past.our bench is why we lost.Our starters got so tired at the end.you cant expect tim at 34 to have the stamina he had when he was 24.he is the most productive 34 year old big man around but he shouldnt play more than 32 minutes.we need some perimeter D and hopefully splitter can block shots.
We'll see how it goes.

In the west, the teams who will take over these next 5 years will be OKC, portland, Houston, Denver but no spurs, lakers, suns or dallas.these teams are just too old and all their star players are past their prime

j.dizzle
05-08-2010, 05:19 AM
The suns window was never open to begin with.Suns fans who think a 36 year old nash and a 37 year old hill will keep playing forever are fools.this is nash's last good year.He will start the decline next year.Dragic is not that good.he just got lucky with tim guarding him because pop is too stubborn and keeps swtiching.parker was also hurting.

I think the window is closed for all the west teams.Even lakers cant win it this year.they have no bench and they will get tired by the time they get to the final.Kobe is already 32 bynum is always injured and their perimeter sucks.They might get bosh so that would help.

The spurs will get splitter to help tim and they just need some good defenders and 3 pt shooters like in the past.our bench is why we lost.Our starters got so tired at the end.you cant expect tim at 34 to have the stamina he had when he was 24.he is the most productive 34 year old big man around but he shouldnt play more than 32 minutes.we need some perimeter D and hopefully splitter can block shots.
We'll see how it goes.

In the west, the teams who will take over these next 5 years will be OKC, portland, Houston, Denver but no spurs, lakers, suns or dallas.these teams are just too old and all their star players are past their prime
:lol This post reeks of fail son.

Nahtanoj
05-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Nice try but I don't think the Spurs are done yet.

florige
05-08-2010, 09:57 AM

We'll see how it goes.

idk, Dirk and Kobe still look fine to me.

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Nice try but I don't think the Spurs are done yet.

Depends on what your definition of "done" is. Can they instill false hope & caviar dreams? Yes. Can they ring? No.

There are cyclical ramifications to Pop's decisions and their are structural certainties concerning the Spurs roster. An accounting will be made when the whirlwind ceases. Pop, this Holt fellow and those of import will get at it. One just has to strive for hope that it gets better before it gets worse, because that is more than a distinct possibility.

Chieflion
05-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Personally, I think the Spurs' championship window has shut. There isn't one guy on the team that a non-Spurs homer that people can say that, "Hey, this guy can go out and lead the Spurs to win a game single-handedly on a nightly basis." As great as Tim Duncan is, he can't do that anymore. Age is going to catch up with Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker is pretty old with his basketball legs. Unless the Spurs bring in a legit 1st option (Wade, LeBron, etc), they aren't going to be contenders without having an extremely stacked roster.

djohn2oo8
05-08-2010, 10:15 AM

We'll see how it goes.

Portland: If they are healthy (hmm, that sounds eerily familiar)

Houston: Health, depends onmoves this summer

Denver: :lmao:lmao:lmao

Spurs: Seems as if that window is shut

Dallas: Depends on if Mavs can acquire a star

OKC: Definitely on the rise

Suns: Contenders for a while

Lakers: Still gonna be the team to beat, unless someone else upgrades

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Once the mandate of doubling Duncan ceased, it changed this team dramatically. There was no adjustment for Pop to make at this reality. One can't make one double team your dominant big.

Little nuances etched on Pop's face the last few months spelled volumes:

* Resignation at the strategies of the opponents being strange from the years passed.

* Jefferson's poor static play from start to finish was debilitating mentally and on court. Pop was truly aghast.

* No matter the deduction in minutes for Duncan, the leg never stopped dragging. Ever.

* The invincibility was gone and all those they'd vanquished came for them.

Agloco
05-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I thought the Suns' window was shut after 2008.

WRONG.

You think?

I think that you think like we thought after beating Dallas. :hat