Stay:

The Big 3
McDyess
Hill
Blair
Hairston
Ian

Maybe:

RJ - If we find a better option than him, go for it.
Bogans - only if we miss out on players.

Bye-Bye:

Mason and Bonner: failures

ace3g
05-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Bonner, Mason, Bogans: Gone

RJ: Possibly but if trade is available, do it

Parker, Manu, Duncan, Dice, Hill, Blair: Keep

Texas_Ranger
05-08-2010, 04:39 AM
Mason, Bonner go!
Jefferson trade at the start of the season
TD, TP, Manu, Hill, Blair, Dice, Mahinmi, Bogans, Temple stay

SinBAD
05-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Bogans has to leave along with Mahimi.temple can be the 3rd pg.
We need splitter, Rudy fernandez (the blazers dont want him anymore), a defensive stopper like sefelosha, a shot blocker like tyrus thomas, trade RJ for anything but get him off the team.The day a 29 year old gets outplayers by grant hill who is 37 is the day u need to go.

Emeyin
05-08-2010, 05:09 AM
RJ has GOT TO GO .. I don't care.. that guy is an awful fit for the team..

WalterBenitez
05-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Keep TD, TP, Manu, Blair, Hill, McDyess ...

I would trade/move any of them if I had the chance of getting something valuable ...

An old team needs a strong bench we aren't a Championship team anumore ...

SEPU GINOBILI
05-08-2010, 06:37 AM
The Spurs need smart acquisitions, cheap players or their teams relegated as Andres Nocioni (huge temper and shot three), Rudy Fernandez (explosive player) and a big boy like Dalembert, with reliable role players, the rest can still define the big three.

jason1301
05-08-2010, 06:54 AM
TP, Manu and G Hill are awesome 3 man rotation for two spots.

RJ and Bogans SUCK.

Timmy, Dice, Blair and Hopefully Splitter, and even Bonner are OK to play 4 and 5. If we could ship Bonner and/or somehow add some interior D, I would be more than happy.

Only if Bogans develops his outside shot!

Our biggest issue is RJ, you have to think that our bench will be better with the addition of Blair and Manu and/or G Hill and/or TP.

The way I see it, RJ is our main concern. I don't see him be traded over the summer. Will keep him to start the season and see what we can get out of him. Maybe in his second year he plays better, if not his expiring contract will make his easy to move.

Also I am thrilled to see us drafting at #19 and also see how much Blair will improve in his second year.

Our bench next year could be infinite times better just by adding a more experienced G Hill and Blair.

Riverwalkman
05-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Is Popovich on that list?

Capt Bringdown
05-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Everyone should be on the table.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Tim and Manu are the only two who should be retained. Everyone else should be expendable for the right piece.

If any of Bonner, Mason, and Bogans are back next year we are done.

rfbulletdude
05-08-2010, 08:56 AM
i'm willing to part with everyone except parker, hill, manu, and blair. duncan is washed up, soft, poor hands, poor free throws, but at this point he ain't going anywhere so you can add him to my list.

dc_spursfan
05-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Staying:
Duncan
Manu
Blair
Hill
Hairston or Temple- They should fight for spot next training camp. I like Hairston better for his 3pt shot.

Should stay but if a team offers a good trade, I wouldn't mind them leaving:
Dice
Parker

Gone
RJ - He just never seem to fit in.
Bonner - I want him gone but feels Pop will resign him. He is basically useless if his shot does not fall.
Mason - Similar to Bonner really doesn't provide anything if his doesn't fall. Unreliable in the playoffs.
Ian - I want him to stay but if POP won't play him. What's the point of keeping him and wasting a roster spot.
Bogans

leemajors
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Tim and Manu are the only two who should be retained. Everyone else should be expendable for the right piece.

this. it probably sucks, but in the long run trading TP would be the best value move.

BobEX
05-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Tim and Manu should stay. Manu is the best player on the team by a fair margin. Tim is still one of the better big men out there despite having been slowed by age. Spurs need to look at moving everyone else. They have far too much money wrapped up in a team that has so little depth.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Stay: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Hill, Blair, McDyess, Mahinmi..

Absolutely must go: Mason, Bonner, Jefferson..

I wouldn't be devastated, but should be gone: Bogans..

Fighting for 2 roster spots(I hope): Hairston, Temple, Gee..

ploto
05-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Ian is gone. That choice was made the day the Spurs did not pick up his option.

Mason and Bonner should be gone because their contracts are up.

Hill and Blair combined make $2M so they are a great deal.

I have no idea what awful contract the Spurs would have to accept to dump RJ's expiring deal. Spurs management may just let him expire next season and cut their payroll significantly the following summer.

The Truth #6
05-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Unless someone thinks we don't need to rebuild, then we need to trade Parker to get new pieces. Buy out RJ and let him sign with Golden State or wherever. Actually develop our young guys by giving them leeway. When Gentry actually told Goran "hey it's ok if you make a few mistakes" I wondered if Pop ever gives his young players that leeway. Instead they're scared like hack reporters at a press conference.

NFGIII
05-08-2010, 10:07 AM

Agreed.

RJ will have an attractive expiring contract as the trade deadline approaches so I look for him to be aggressively shopped at that time. I really don't think that the FO can put together a trade in the off season or early in the next one. Trade deadline seems to be when RJ gets moved.

Mason is toast and we all know that. He might as well just show up in street clothes.

Bonner is msot likely gone but I have this eerie gut feeling that he will return, especially if he has another game like game 3. If he could only break out and ditch the PO choker label then I think Pop would give him another shot. Frankly he is a good role player on the 2nd unit but, except for game 3 against the Suns, has been a dismal faliure in the post seasons.

And I'm going to enjoy seeing those youngsters - Hairston, Temple, Gee - fight it out in training camp.

Ian coming to training camp to me is a 50/50 situation but if he does then this is it. If he fails to produce early on I expect for Pop to just let him walk.

And Splitter is coming. I'm excited about that.

SenorSpur
05-08-2010, 10:11 AM

^ This

ajballer4
05-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Temple HAS to stay...this kids gonna be real good in a couple years

Cane
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Untouchables: Duncan and Ginobili

Absolutely must go: Mason, Bonner

Goes if a favorable deal can be exchanged: Tony Parker, RJ, Blair, McDyess

Will likely be gone: Mahinmi, Bogans

Budget players that hopefully stays: Temple, Hairston

Chieflion
05-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Keepers: Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Antonio McDyess(contract situation, partially guaranteed for 2011-2012 season)

GTFO: Roger Mason, Matt Bonner, Keith Bogans

If a favorable trade is proposed: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson, George Hill, DeJuan Blair, 20th and 49th draft pick (whoever that might be)

Hopefully re-signed or retained through team option: Ian Mahinmi, Garrett Temple, Alonzo Gee, Malik Hairston

panic giraffe
05-08-2010, 10:36 AM
i'm sorry but no team in the right mind would take either mason or rj unless we throw in someone of substance (parker).

bonner might be an easy trade just because of his rep as a three shooter off the bench, but only for a draft pic, maybe another no name role player, or a chicken mcnugget.

i'd like to see bogans in a uniform other than the spurs.

everyone else has earned their spot for the most part.

peskypesky
05-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Keep: Duncan, Manu, Blair, Dice, Hill, Temple

Trade: Parker

Dispose of: RJ, Mason, Bonner, Bogans, Mahinmi, Poppavitch

panic giraffe
05-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Keepers: Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Antonio McDyess(contract situation, partially guaranteed for 2011-2012 season)

GTFO: Roger Mason, Matt Bonner, Keith Bogans

If a favorable trade is proposed: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson, George Hill, DeJuan Blair, 20th and 49th draft pick (whoever that might be)

Hopefully re-signed or retained through team option: Ian Mahinmi, Garrett Temple, Alonzo Gee, Malik Hairston

i agree with all of this with the exception of hill....he needs to stay. his past shows that he will use this summer to get better again. i wouldn't want to see parker or blair go, but thats probably the only way we can get rid of rj. i would prefer blair the more i think about it, because as much as he can only get better, reality is he will have a 4 year nba career at best.

Chomag
05-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Depends on who might be playing for their team overseas this summer. Hopefully none.

Mason, Bonner,Bogans, and RJ are a must go. They don't deserve to sport the silver and black. They may try at times but they are not spurs material.

On Pop, I just whish we could get the Pop of old back, and not this washed up new aged Pop.

da_suns_fan
05-08-2010, 11:10 AM
IF the Spurs lose (Im not even going to act like this team cant come back), theyre in great position.

They have two young, talented players in Blair and Hill and great expiring contract in Jefferson.

Stars would "prefer" sign-in-trades because they get the extra guaranteed year.

I think a Hill for Rudy Fernandez swap would really be good for both teams.

vander
05-08-2010, 11:21 AM
playoff level defense can shut down TP, his game is predictable and one dimensional.
I would try to move both TP and Jefferson if the price is right and someone really wants expiring contracts, we need to get a true PG and a volume scorer.

and a new HC

oh and :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes @ everyone just saying Bonner and Mason (and RJ), Bonner and Mason weren't why we could win it this year, the Big 3 are are a shell of their former selves, and much bigger changes are required than just a few role players way down the depth chart

Harry Callahan
05-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I think I agree with most of the posters focusing on Mason, Bonner, and Bogans being gone.

Splitter, the 1st round pick (no Euros please) and a FA can come in.

Jefferson will be gone at next years trade deadline - hopefully SA can fetch a future #1 for him along with a longer contract.

Parker should only go if SA can get A LOT for him. This is the first year he has not improved as a player. He has just been bitten by the injury bug all year.

Unfortunately, SA may be on the Utah Jazz trajectory of the early 2000s. A good team, but no longer a legit playoff threat. I would hope the Spurs recognize this and try to rebuild more than reload. This roster is too limited in ability right now from player 1 to 12.

ducks
05-08-2010, 11:48 AM
trading duncan and rj together building long term would make sence
oh wait spurs signed manu for 13 million for three years

ducks
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
playoff level defense can shut down TP, his game is predictable and one dimensional.
I would try to move both TP and Jefferson if the price is right and someone really wants expiring contracts, we need to get a true PG and a volume scorer.

and a new HC

oh and :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes @ everyone just saying Bonner and Mason (and RJ), Bonner and Mason weren't why we could win it this year, the Big 3 are are a shell of their former selves, and much bigger changes are required than just a few role players way down the depth chart
tp can shoot threes well pop just tells tp his strength is to attack

he is not one dimensional

Harry Callahan
05-08-2010, 11:50 AM
I think a Hill for Rudy Fernandez swap would really be good for both teams.

I don't think the salaries would match. Plus I think Hill is one of the few players with the chance to get better.

poop
05-08-2010, 11:51 AM
if Bonner is still a part of the team im not even going to watch.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2010, 11:53 AM
RJ has GOT TO GO .. I don't care.. that guy is an awful fit for the team..

I don't think Jefferson is really all that happy to be here. He seems to take a lot of the blame for the shortcomings of the team. The pressure of performing in SA is just too much for him.

ducks
05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
jefferson off the bench could be manu
play the big three together limit their minutes
rj can be the main for the benchwith hill
let hill and rj develop together
LET THAT CHEMISTRY develop all season
rj should be able to excel in that role
play the manu and duncan around 25-30 minutes a game

MmP
05-08-2010, 11:57 AM
The Bonner experiment must be over, it just hasn't worked.

Harry Callahan
05-08-2010, 11:58 AM
The things being said about coaching here were being said last week in Dallas - I heard a lot of it.

I still think Pop gets a lot out of his players. The players he has just can't play well enough on a a consistent basis right now.

In prior years, no team would be able to shoot 50% from the 3 point line for 3 or 4 consecutive games.

Phoenix caught lightning in a bottle for a little while. Grant Hill and Steve Nash will be done in the next year or so and they will have to adjust. Despite what happened last night, Dragic will be a major drop off when Nash's back gives out.

He just played the game (actually the half a game) of his life.

Cherry
05-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Splitter
Rudy Fernandez
Sefelosha
Tyrus Thomas

Wait, WAIT A MINUTE:

First to all, the FO had to be absolutely sure which players are the best to fit the Spurs system.
I donīt want another fuc**** Jefferson Bonner Mason experiment here.

If they canīt do that, iīm gone.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Go

Bonner Bonner Bonner Bonner and

oh yeah
Bonner...

DAF86
05-08-2010, 12:55 PM
We need to trade RJ for something valuable, Bonner, Mason and Bogans need to go too. Frye would be a good fit for us (hard to get on the offseason I think), Tiago seems like is coming over.

Question: Would you consider a Tony Parker for Oden (or Pryzbilla), R.Fernandez, Batum and Andre Miller trade? Would Portland consider it?

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Phoenix caught lightning in a bottle for a little while. Grant Hill and Steve Nash will be done in the next year or so and they will have to adjust. Despite what happened last night, Dragic will be a major drop off when Nash's back gives out.

He just played the game (actually the half a game) of his life.

Earlier this year Dragic had a 24 point half. He's never going to be a 2 time MVP or anything like that, but in a lot of ways building a championship team with him at PG will be a lot easier.

As for the Spurs, they're at a crossroads, best case scenario is their window is open 1 more year. The way Popovich and Duncan looked after the game last night, they don't seem like they wanna be doing this much longer, and Tim Duncan does not seem like one to pull a Patrick Ewing and play three years past when a good time to retire was.

I know most Spurs fans don't like the guy, but if LA is willing to trade Bynum for Parker they should consider it.

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Frye would be a good fit for us (hard to get on the offseason I think)

Frye is going to get a contract he's not worth this summer, it's gonna be long term and close to full MLE. If I'm wrong and he's cheaper then I hope the Suns bring him back, but the Spurs have never been a team that maxes out its MLE on a role player, and I'm hoping Kerr follows that ideology.

Trust me, you guys need Barbosa ;), Garrett Temple for Barbosa :hungry:

sananspursfan21
05-08-2010, 01:11 PM
i was jjust starting to like rj and all, but i really hope he does the early termination. that will free up a lot of cash to go for something bigger.

Bruno
05-08-2010, 01:13 PM
The offseason hasn't officially started and ST is still full of dumb trade proposal. :lmao

It will be a damn long summer...

vander
05-08-2010, 01:29 PM
tp can shoot threes well pop just tells tp his strength is to attack

he is not one dimensional

shooting 3s does not add another dimension

did you even see any of the 3 games against phoenix? his deficiencies should never have been more apparent, he is a layup master and very little else, take away the layup, take away the paint, and he is less valuable than George Hill, his mid-range jumper is still below average by NBA standards, and his court-vision and basketball-creativity is in the bottom 25% for PGs

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I thought vander was a Parker fan?

vander
05-08-2010, 01:34 PM
The offseason hasn't officially started and ST is still full of dumb trade proposal. :lmao

It will be a damn long summer...

this is the type of post I least understand: it will be a long summer? WTF does that mean? like, after the long summer of talk, the Spurs will be contenders again, win it all, and show how stupid all that talk was? REALLY? you think that's going to happen?!?

the last 3 years of not winning championships weren't "long"?

only summers of discontent are "long"?

hello low and misguided standards :(

rascal
05-08-2010, 01:51 PM
this. it probably sucks, but in the long run trading TP would be the best value move.

Trading manu would be the smartest move. He will not play up to the contract when it is all said and done and should be moved before he goes into rapid decline.

Parker will be back strong after an offseson of rest and has many more upside years left than Manu.

smeagol
05-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Man, ducks is gonna hate on you . . .

BackHome
05-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Bogans has to leave along with Mahimi.temple can be the 3rd pg.
We need splitter, Rudy fernandez (the blazers dont want him anymore), a defensive stopper like sefelosha, a shot blocker like tyrus thomas, trade RJ for anything but get him off the team.The day a 29 year old gets outplayers by grant hill who is 37 is the day u need to go.

Umm Hill got out played by a forty three year old someone twice his age...so I guess he needs to go?

smeagol
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Trading manu would be the smartest move. He will not play up to the contract when it is all said and done and should be moved before he goes into rapid decline.

Parker will be back strong after an offseson of rest and has many more upside years left than Manu.

:sleep :sleep :sleep

:blah :blah :blah

:bang :bang :bang

spursfan1000
05-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Duncan,Manu,Parker,Hill,Blair,Mcdyess should stay

Mason,Bonner,Mahammi,Hariston should go

I'm not too sure about Bogans,Temple,Gee

vander
05-08-2010, 02:30 PM

for the next 3 years, Manu will be Robert Horry 2.0, with a little more ability and production, and 2x the price, it's done, we must accept it.

cherylsteele
05-08-2010, 03:04 PM
It seems that the team has quit on Pop, which is a terrible sign.
I have been a Pop backer up until now, I am changing my mind, He needs to go back to being the GM only or something front office capacity-wise. The only problem I have with that is I don't know who would replace him, I have no answers, my coach Bud. He has been reluctant to play Ian, Hairston, Temple, etc. which I think is hurting, they have very little or no chance to show what they are able to do. When they have been played they have shown some promise.

I am disappointed in RJ, he has been a bust pretty much, we need to find a way to move him.
McDyess has also been a let down, sure he has played better in the playoffs, but he is a shell of the NBA player he once was.

I would like to see Tim do for the team what DRob did for the team when Tim came on board, concentrate on "D" and defer the the main scoring eventualy to Ian, Splitter(if he comes next year). I think Ian could excel if given a steady in game chance next year.

If we are to trade people, it needs to be done smartly, and I am not going to just say trade someone for the heck of it without saying anyone specific.

Something has to be done in the way of roster/coaching changes, I am not sure if anything viable can be done though.

If we keep essentially the same personel, I always have been and will be a total Spurs fan, allbeit a disappointed one.

dbestpro
05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Hairston needs to go with the rest of the inferior players. We need guys who can shoot and play defense both.

Ignignokt
05-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Tp, George Hill, and Manu are the best 3 guard lineups against shit competition.

Ignignokt
05-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Having Hill, Ginobilli, and parker is selling out your playbook. It's potent to a certain part but it makes your offense one dimensional.

that's like having Jovorski Lane, Tim Tebow, and Peterson in I formation with 3 TE's for every play.

DPG21920
05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
It's tough, but if the Spurs wanted to remain at least competitive for Tim's last years, they had to re-sign Manu. He will absolutely not be worth his contract by the last year, but he deserved it. It made sense if the Spurs were not ready to go into full re-build mode.

Knowing the fickle fans around here, they will be cursing Manu like RJ by the time his last year rolls around.

RJ, Bonner, Mason, Bogans have to go. Everyone else has to stay. I don't know what they can do to realistically be "true contenders" but they will be competitive and have a nice young base to start rebuilding with over the next 3 years while still being competitive.

ploto
05-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Think simple numbers-- The salaries of Nash, Amare, and Richardson are approximately equal to those of Duncan, Manu, and Tony. What the Spurs are paying for Jefferson, the Suns are using to pay for: Hill, Barbosa, Dragic, Dudley, and Frye.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Think simple numbers-- The salaries of Nash, Amare, and Richardson are approximately equal to those of Duncan, Manu, and Tony. What the Spurs are paying for Jefferson, the Suns are using to pay for: Hill, Barbosa, Dragic, Dudley, and Frye.

:lol......:depressed...

ploto
05-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Wait until Splitter does not want to sign with the Spurs and they trade his rights to dump Jefferson's contract!!

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Hairston needs to go with the rest of the inferior players. We need guys who can shoot and play defense both.

Teaching somebody to shoot is probably the easiest thing to teach in basketball..it's all repetition..as bad as Hairston's jump shot currently is, there has actually been a big improvement..his jump shot % was 7% higher this season compared to last, despite shooting a lot more of them this season..there's an even bigger improvement when you look at him in college..

If he doesn't look good in SL and preseason, they should dump him, but teaching a young player to shoot is relatively easy TBH..

I agree though, Hairston's shot will have to get better for him to be a rotation player here, no-brainer..giving up on him before preseason is stupid though..I hope Hairston and Gee are both on the roster next season, Spurs need as many cheap athletes as possible..they're both elite athletes, Spurs need players like that instead of guys like Mason and Bogans..

Mr.Robinson
05-08-2010, 05:15 PM
i'm willing to part with everyone except parker, hill, manu, and blair. duncan is washed up, soft, poor hands, poor free throws, but at this point he ain't going anywhere so you can add him to my list.

At this point? You do know he is the reason this team has four rings?

SCdac
05-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Only players I feel "must go", for the betterment of the team, are Roger Mason Jr. and Matt Bonner. Everybody else arguably could have a place next season (imho). Both of them though, to me, personify what was handicapping our team in 2008-2009, and part of what was wrong this season. One dimensional offensively, lacking height and size, not defensive factors, and players who other teams (Wizards, Raptors) felt were expendable prior to being Spurs. If either one of these players is resigned for anything close to the amount they're making now, I'd continue to lose faith in the Spurs talent evaluation and overall outlook on compiling a defense-oriented roster.

clubalien
05-08-2010, 05:29 PM

manu should be the only untradeable.
Tim can no longer carry a team to a championship. He is old. The only reason not to trade him is you are unlikely to get fair value back.

pop real needs to go.

DAF86
05-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Duncan,Manu,Parker,Hill,Blair,Mcdyess should stay

Mason,Bonner,Mahammi,Hariston should go

I'm not too sure about Bogans,Temple,Gee

Seriously? You're not sure about Bogans? and imho Mahinmi and Hairston should stay.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Why is Manu untradeable, but Tim isn't?..

clubalien
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
manu=fan favorite
puts people in stands
hispanic in a hispanic town

Chucho
05-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Bonner needs to be taken to pasture. Die you worthless piece of shit and all of his apologists.

Mason hopefully has AIDS, because no team, except maybe the Mavs, deserves that bastard stinkin up their roster.

I think RJ will be with us next season and I think he will have a more solid season. Whatever happened to it taking two years for players to become good Spurs? Horry sucked in 04 as did Barry but both came up huge in 05 in pivotal playoff moments. Finley torched Denver with all those threes in 07 after a somewhat disappointing 06 series versus Dallas. And all this notwithstanding their better second regular seasons. Speaking of which, Blair is going to be a beast next season if Pop gives him some decent burn. I say why waste money on Splitter, when you have a potential 8-10 rebounds in Blair for a fraction of the price? Back to Jeff... I also see Pop tuning and adjusting to work with Jeff's style. I think he's going to incorporate alot of running next season after this Phoenix debacle.

Bogans should go too. As far as the youngins, keep Temple, fuck Hairston, his jumper is as atrocious, if not more than, Bonner's. Mahinimi can go too. Blair will beast, just get a 4th option and there is a plethora of big men that can play the clean up role on the cheap this offseason.

Or if we could find a way to trade Tony for a productive big man, ala David Lee, then scrap the budget big man plan, re-sign Temple and trust in he and George Hill to run the point and maybe sign a vet. swingman that can handle the point too.

Just keep a solid core of Tim, Manu, George, Dice because of his contract, Jeff, Blair, Temple and Tony but if a trade works out in favor of us, let him go.

SenorSpur
05-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Mason hopefully has AIDS, because no team, except maybe the Mavs, deserves that bastard stinkin up their roster.

Personal foul. Unsportsmanlike conduct. 15 yards.

:nope

ducks
05-08-2010, 06:42 PM
shooting 3s does not add another dimension

did you even see any of the 3 games against phoenix? his deficiencies should never have been more apparent, he is a layup master and very little else, take away the layup, take away the paint, and he is less valuable than George Hill, his mid-range jumper is still below average by NBA standards, and his court-vision and basketball-creativity is in the bottom 25% for PGs

tp hit lots of jumpers in game 2 in gam 3 he was short due to his shoulder injury dumbass
dude hit 2 threes also

Bender
05-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Back to Jeff... I also see Pop tuning and adjusting to work with Jeff's style. I think he's going to incorporate alot of running next season after this Phoenix debacle.
I was going to say something like this earlier, in the RJ thread.
15 mil next season is a huge chunk of salary on one guy, so maybe the spurs could alter their style of play slightly for RJ to be beneficial and not a waste.

ElNono
05-08-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't really think we need to trade any of the Big 3. RJ is probably a good candidate if somebody wants to take him. Honestly, it's tempting to think we need more star players, but the reality is what we need is better role players. Guys that are hungry, want to play defense and when they're out there play hard within their limitations. You look at this series, and guys like Frye, Duddley, Dragic... they're not stars. They're not all super athletic. They're not all super-defenders. But they're hungry. They go out there and are determined to make an impact.

Sisk
05-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Is Popovich on that list?

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3848/impliedfacepalml.jpg

slick'81
05-08-2010, 08:09 PM
as long as the small 3 are gone-rmj,bonner,bogans im fine assuming we can package rjs contract at some point next seaosn

Josepatches_
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM

Agree.

Everybody not named Tim or Manu is expendable if we want to be a tittle contender.We could keep everybody except Mason,bonner.....but that's not the way to win.

We are short and we need a big name.We aren't going to win next year with the same team.Well we only could win with this team if a TP healthy is better than LeBron but it's not going to happen.Probably he will be even worse if he plays with france this summer.

UnWantedTheory
05-08-2010, 10:17 PM
KEEP: TD, Gino, TP, Blair, Hill, Temple, Hairston, McD

UnWantedTheory
05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
We need a defensive stopper, a legit big man, & shooters...If we cant get all three than lets hope for a marquee player,...which wont happen.