PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Spurs go from here?..

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm not talking about potential off-season moves here, so I don't really want to see too much discussion about that..speaking strictly from a goals perspective, what should the Spurs do next?..

There are many options, but obviously the main 2 will be:

-Give it another try..
-Rebuild..

The Spurs don't have much of a chance to win a title..the NBA isn't like other sports..you generally need a top 5 player to win an NBA title, outside of a few rare occasions..

With that being said, do they owe it to the big 3 to give it another run?..Do they accept that the time is over and start rebuilding?..the fact that they gave Manu that type of extension and that Holt is spending money like this tells me that they will give it another run, but do you think they actually will?..

As fans, what are the expectations now?..I know most people here are emo, but I'm speaking in general..

-Are you satisfied with rebuilding?..
-Would you rather the Spurs try to build another title team?..even though you know that the odds are low, would you still rather watch a fringe contender that has to hope for luck along the way?..

The Spurs obviously SHOULD look to trade Jefferson either way..in regards to Tony Parker, let's just say they decide to explore trading him..do they look to get a package to build right now in return, or do they look to rebuild?..same can be said about a deal for Jefferson's expiring contract..

Many questions, but let's start with the first few..